Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Betting market report

Overall chances of nomination have stabilized at 58 Trump, 33 Cruz (:stonk:), 7 Kasich, and 2 Ryan.

The chance of Trump getting less than the necessary number of delegates is 78%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Vox Nihili posted:

The sovereign citizen nonsense = legalism cargo cults.

Yeah, this. When it comes to the people who aren't trying to rebel against the government but just trying to cast their magic spells to turn into a boat, I mostly just feel bad for them.

The people pushing this garbage, now, can be pretty awful and scammy.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Surely some delegates not legally bound to Trump will vote Trump for the Vodka/Blackmail.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
I was listening to liberal talk radio on the way home and they ran a Media Matters ad condemning Trump's attempts to stop convention ratfuckery, how loving dumb are these people? I had little respect for mainstream liberal organizations before this election season but now it's pretty much zero. They're actively trying to stop the candidate that would give them the best chance of winning the general and taking back the senate.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Epic High Five posted:

Copyrighting names, claiming that you are two persons, one of whom is a business and your personal person cannot be tried and is not subject to laws, and especially demanding payments in silver are hallmarks of the SovCit. They're especially big on believing that you can drive without a license or registration because they're not driving, they're travelling. They're fond of this because your average SovCit has like 10 DUIs and can't legally drive.

Also extremely common: neo-Nazi tattoos and stolen valor

Read through the Malheur/now general sovcit chat thread sometime

ah poo poo i thought it was just the thing where there is two versions, one capital letters and one not, never knew about them actually thinking you could copyright an identity since that seems like it doesn't match; like trying to copyright an invention when you should file for a patent

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

I was listening to liberal talk radio on the way home and they ran a Media Matters ad condemning Trump's attempts to stop convention ratfuckery, how loving dumb are these people? I had little respect for mainstream liberal organizations before this election season but now it's pretty much zero. They're actively trying to stop the candidate that would give them the best chance of winning the general and taking back the senate.

well, possible that they would rather have a contested convention with a more moderate candidate nominated in the event that Serious poo poo goes down before the election and the R candidate wins

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Karl Sharks posted:

well, possible that they would rather have a contested convention with a more moderate candidate nominated in the event that Serious poo poo goes down before the election and the R candidate wins

If that's really their reasoning (and it very well might be) then gently caress them and their stupid party, I'll go vote for some fringe third party. I'm not going to vote for a bunch of scared pussies who would prefer a high chance of a corporate stooge GOP President over a 10% chance of getting Trump, gently caress em. If they're not even willing to look out for the best interests of their own party then they don't deserve a vote from me or anyone else.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the thing that makes 90% of politics make sense is realizing that practically nobody pays any real attention and they're basically nodding along to whatever they heard last so cruz being a dominionist freak just isnt part of most people's private version of reality. cruz isn't from the magic galaxy so probably a shitload of democrat money getting thrown at making ads showing what he's been up to his entire political career would cause the people who hate trump now to hate him more, but politics being what it is, those people won't be informed about reality until it's useful

that probably includes the people who make decisions at media matters but even if it doesnt they have an audience to fleece and one thing we've all learned this primary is that trump is ratings gold

im ratings vanadium

Epic High Five posted:

I'd be amazed if Trump vodka was actually 80 proof, much less over 100

Maybe there will be a commemorative bottling, an RNC Edition that is just straight ethanol

its only true rnc edition if it has the benzene or w/e additive they put in research ethanol to keep alcoholics from stealing it that makes you violently ill

i had a ukrainian roommate who had to take two shots of vodka every night to fall asleep and smoked a lot and had violent coughing fits and insisted angrily that the ukrainian lifestyle is very healthy he was a jackass. i really did like him though. but yeah he asked me to steal him some 100% ethanol. i did not. once he said 'the problem with americans is you think a traffic sign is a cop' which is fair enough i guess

what a story!

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 9, 2016

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Christ my facebook is covered in millions of military goofs jerking off over some general running for President now at the behest of billionaire conservatives.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

zen death robot posted:

Jeb is a waste!

jeb is a mess

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

If they're not even willing to look out for the best interests of their own party then they don't deserve a vote from me or anyone else.

i don't follow this point here? where did that come from?

oystertoadfish posted:

its only true rnc edition if it has the benzene or w/e additive they put in research ethanol to keep alcoholics from stealing it that makes you violently ill

do they actually add it or is it just remnants because of it ends up being an azeotropic mixture, so can't distill it all the way?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

do they actually add it or is it just remnants because of it ends up being an azeotropic mixture, so can't distill it all the way?

i dunno i worked w it but nobody bothered to tell me poo poo about that, i googled it after the ukrainian asked for it. i thought it was an additive but i dont really know

very quick google makes it look like they might choose to distill alcohol from a mixture including something poisonous for this purpose but i think there's research that actually does need pure ethanol and you can get it if you need it or at least nearly pure but not poisoned. iono

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zen death robot posted:

Jeb is a waste!

Looks like the Convention is coming up Richard!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

oystertoadfish posted:

i dunno i worked w it but nobody bothered to tell me poo poo about that, i googled it after the ukrainian asked for it. i thought it was an additive but i dont really know

very quick google makes it look like they might choose to distill alcohol from a mixture including something poisonous for this purpose but i think there's research that actually does need pure ethanol and you can get it if you need it or at least nearly pure but not poisoned. iono

so apparently the HPLC grade stuff (~99.98% or so) is the type that has benzene from the manufacturing process, but the stuff you'd have in the squirt bottles (95-96%) is "safe" to drink if diluted and as long as it is clear, not blue (apparently they add methanol, but might be to avoid taxes on alcoholic products? not sure why you would poison something if you expect some drunk to steal/drink it, since they may not know and whoops now you have all this paperwork)

little chemistry chat, fun times

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

Karl Sharks posted:

A "moderate" like Kasich is far more likely to win than Trump even though ideologically they're just as bad or worse. If you're hoping for someone like that to win the nomination you're basically batting for the GOP side, it's idiotic and short sighted to the extreme.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Kasich Super PAC's new ad: new not totally insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afeg9WCaSTg

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Cabinet posted:

Hold it you dummies.

Jeb is a mess.

The Atlantic posted:

Jorge L. Arrizurieta, a Miami businessman and a longtime friend of Jeb’s, calls him a gringo aplatanado, by which he means “the most Latino American you will ever meet.” Arrizurieta told me that Jeb “enjoys all these Cuban gestures and phrases with friends.” He’ll tap his elbow when someone’s being cheap—a gesture that signifies caminando con los codos, or “walking on your elbows,” which saves wear and tear on your shoes.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

zen death robot posted:

Jeb is a waste!

The Atlantic posted:

He is “completely bicultural,” says Raquel Rodriguez, “I mean, he doesn’t want to lead the conga line or anything. But on the other hand, little old ladies come up to him and hug him and kiss him, and he’ll hug them back. It’s a very Hispanic trait … He gets that we like to invade your personal space.”

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

A "moderate" like Kasich is far more likely to win than Trump even though ideologically they're just as bad or worse. If you're hoping for someone like that to win the nomination you're basically batting for the GOP side, it's idiotic and short sighted to the extreme.

you could argue that kasich has a better chance if he wasn't fourth, behind a candidate who has already dropped out, in his own party's primary. but i imagine they would argue that going against the will of the GOP base would have a massive effect on their turnout, which is vital for any candidate/party; even if he would win more of the moderate voters, it would come at a huge cost.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Kasich Super PAC's new ad: new not totally insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afeg9WCaSTg

That'd be a pretty effective ad, if "stable" and "presidential" were things GOP voters were actually looking for in a candidate

Oh well

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

How abused is the Cuban community by the Republican Party that "willing to hug an abuelita" is considered a massive sign of tolerance and cultural understanding

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Mr. Nice! posted:

jeb is a mess

The Atlantic posted:

In 1994, Jeb ran for governor against Lawton Chiles and lost. He campaigned six days a week, morning and night, only slowing down when he was “dog sick,” he said. His wife, meanwhile, was home and overwhelmed with raising teenage children. One of them had a drug problem—only years later did they publicly admit that it was their daughter, Noelle. George P., then a Rice University student, was caught by police that year breaking into an ex-girlfriend’s house at 4 a.m. to see her; when her father asked him to leave, he drove his Ford Explorer over her family’s front lawn. The Schweizer biography reports that during that period, several family members overheard Columba say to Jeb, “You’ve ruined my life.”

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Donald Trump is actually a moderate in today's GOP.

I wish I was kidding in writing that statement. I am not. That's how bad the other candidate's policies are.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Listen Mr. Rodriguez you may be my chief of staff but I am certainly not going to shake hands with your tia, she doesn't even speak English

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Al! posted:

How abused is the Cuban community by the Republican Party that "willing to hug an abuelita" is considered a massive sign of tolerance and cultural understanding

Chris Christie hugged someone who was not a white Republican once and look at where he is today.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Joementum posted:

I would eat that.

Predictable, poorly thought out and tasteless.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
THE John Kasich Special

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
not to be confused with the dozens of other Kasich Special pretenders

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

It's actually a good joke about Ohio, they always make a point to say THE Ohio State University, extra emphasis on the THE.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

"THE John Kasich Special"

ftfy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

That'd be a pretty effective ad, if "stable" and "presidential" were things GOP voters were actually looking for in a candidate

Oh well

Yeah it's like Kasich is pretending the last year didn't happen.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Chrpno posted:

Predictable, poorly thought out and tasteless.

You don't think the drop of cum on the sign is in good taste?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

"thanks!"

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
I believe only Boosted should hold power in this the 2016 Republican Primary thread!

also when is vile going to come back ?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

A John Kasich sandwich shouldn't have any salami, toasted bread, or oil, since they all remind you of the skin on his face.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

AllanGordon posted:

I believe only Boosted should hold power in this the 2016 Republican Primary thread!

also when is vile going to come back ?

I seriously think a Trump supporter should be made IK of this forum just so it would reflect the madness of the race. And he can only moderate this thread and the Trump thread or his powers are removed, to reflect how Trump is going to lose the general.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

A John Kasich sandwich shouldn't have any salami, toasted bread, or oil, since they all remind you of the skin on his face.

:nms:http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/55afb70a371d2215008b8938-2625-1770/kasich.jpg:nms:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

so apparently the HPLC grade stuff (~99.98% or so) is the type that has benzene from the manufacturing process, but the stuff you'd have in the squirt bottles (95-96%) is "safe" to drink if diluted and as long as it is clear, not blue (apparently they add methanol, but might be to avoid taxes on alcoholic products? not sure why you would poison something if you expect some drunk to steal/drink it, since they may not know and whoops now you have all this paperwork)

little chemistry chat, fun times

yeah i got the impression they'd rather make you throw up or have diarrhea than die, but i dunno. havent done lab work in years

two things that seem like they'd be great additions to any household from a lab are
a) those faucets you can fit those rubber tubes on so you can for example rinse out a jar by sticking the rubber tube in and turning it over. i dunno. it's one of those things that seems so commonsensical and useful when you're stuck with faucets that don't have rubber tubes stuck on the end of them
b) that plastic film they use thats almost perfectly deformable but grips tight once you seal it so you can kinda stretch it over an open vessel and just kinda close it and wrap it around and it's airtight
i guess nalgene made the jump from lab to real world profits, i think those would work too

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

zen death robot posted:

Jeb is a waste!

Jeb is a mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
The GOP doesn't have a winning candidate to run this election so I support a contested convention to watch the bonfire in Cleveland. My only regret is that might mean I don't get to see the hilarity of a Clinton Trump debate but you can't have your small hands and eat with them too.

• Locked thread