Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Lasting Tales and Fantasy Series 2 is now

quote:

...at an incredible 172 miniatures in Fantasy Series 2 alone. If you're also getting Fantasy Series 1, that's 373 miniatures.

AU$ 703,048
pledged of AU$ 131,388 goal
backers
16 days to go

I don't know/understand how many more unlockable miniatures they can afford to do and fit it in one box. It's going to be enough figures I could run every creature in Rangers of Shadowfall for every expansion.

Simultaneously.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Comstar posted:

Lasting Tales and Fantasy Series 2 is now

I don't know/understand how many more unlockable miniatures they can afford to do and fit it in one box. It's going to be enough figures I could run every creature in Rangers of Shadowfall for every expansion.

Simultaneously.

Yeah I've pledged both for miniatures and I'm not 100% sure what I'm gonna do with all this plastic. I may sell/trade/hack up some of it because the one thing I've never been a fan of is the bulk of monopose sets of five.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
I bought into set 1 to have miniatures to use in gloomhaven, what feels like ages ago. I haven't backed 2 yet although I plan to, but I hope the fulfillment isn't on a 2+ year timeline like 1 has been

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005
Has anyone seen the first round of miniatures? Are we talking old reaper bones, reaper black or wizkids level quality?

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Has anyone seen the first round of miniatures? Are we talking old reaper bones, reaper black or wizkids level quality?

They are just now getting into some backers hands, so unboxing videos are cropping up. The ones I've seen have all had poor focus and/or lighting though so they don't really help a lot.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

I have Altar Quest and can say those minis are a pretty big step forward from the original printing of Streetmasters. They seem to be improving quite a bit. It’s Bones level stuff, not crazy details like GW, but nice enough.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
But is it like old Bones from like the first couple KSes or how they are currently? Not even including stuff like Bones Black, the quality difference has massively improved.

Hoping they finish US fulfillment before this KS ends so I can see for myself, but the new set is really tempting (and so is the horror set I skipped).

As for the bulk monoposes, I have both my housemate and enough local painter friends who aren't KS addicts who I can trade/give them to. :toot:

Edit: Even though fulfillment on series 1 has been late and it feels like forever because of this hell year, the campaign only ended in May 2020.

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 4, 2021

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Ricky Royal is doing the solo variant for John Company (he did the Pax Pamir one as well), and he put out a video about it: https://youtu.be/8c9NJ-DRI2o

Good concept how it uses promise tokens to keep some feel of negotiating with the AI

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

I got mine awhile ago. I can't really compare them to what you listed but they seem good? The stretch goal box is like twice the size of the base, but the boxing and storage is really nice on both

I've just left mine untouched since first getting them so I probably won't get the second set even though it looks good as well. I might though, will depend on what it looks like at the end and how expensive Mythic Battles Ragnarok is...

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!

On Wednesday (7th April 2021) we'll [BAD SQUIDDO GAMES] be launching a Kickstarter to expand this range even more with a whole heap of winter troops as well as more support for the summer/standard uniform.

All the sculpts are complete and master cast to make sure they're all excellent, which they are (woooo!) so the Kickstarter is to help people actually see them, and fund the end bit of the getting production moulds made and the first lump of casting.

There will be stretch goals too assuming it goes well! We will be doing further Soviet WW2 releases after this too, so don't worry if the unit/troop type you wish for isn't coming in this, the better this goes, the sooner we can get even more reinforcements!

It starts 7th April and is only a week - so to 14th, you can sign up to be notified here!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-soviet-russia-28mm-miniatures?ref=clipboard-prelaunch

6pm UK time start!

It's been a tough 12 months with everything going on in the world and still somehow being a one woman business, so any help and support is even more amazing than usual! Whether it's by backing, or just sharing and cheerleading around!

[ALSO CHECK OUT THE EXISTING SOVIET RANGE WE HAVE - https://badsquiddogames.com/shop#!/Soviets/c/36713221]

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Still waiting on mine.

I'm kind of annoyed with them making a Kickstarter with the second Series before the first one is even in most peoples hands. As far as I'm aware, at the end of March they were still sitting in a warehouse in China.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Arthil posted:

Still waiting on mine.

I'm kind of annoyed with them making a Kickstarter with the second Series before the first one is even in most peoples hands. As far as I'm aware, at the end of March they were still sitting in a warehouse in China.

I got mine months ago but I’m in Australia and we’re closer to China I guess.

They are solid plastic but quite well made, no issues at all. The photos on the 1st Kickstarter are accurate. I like the female giant and elementals, the dragon and adventures are quite good.

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.

Arthil posted:

Still waiting on mine.

I got mines in Europe. I also think they're good, although I underestimated how much the monopose would annoy me.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Arthil posted:

Still waiting on mine.

I think they were super blindsided by their Dire Alliance/Horror Series 1 Miniatures Kickstarter bombing when they thought it was going to be as successful as their Fantasy Series 1 line. It was the only Blacklist Games Kickstarter I ended up dropping my pledge for because it just seemed too limiting (who needs 5 of the same butcher sculpt, not that interested in the knockoff Universal Monsters horror theme, wasn't as good a value because they didn't hit a lot of stretch goals, etc...). Of course now they mention that they'll be making adversary stats for the horror minis in Lasting Tales (at least a pdf form of them) so I might look into adding on a set.

I think they got nervous for a second and wanted to move up a guaranteed moneymaker. I believe the Sadler brothers are actually a little sick of basic fantasy at this point and want to do different genres (they tried horror and superheroes to a lukewarm response), but it's not where the Kickstarter money is right now so they're kinda locked in.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 6, 2021

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

JazzFlight posted:

I think they were super blindsided by their Dire Alliance/Horror Series 1 Miniatures Kickstarter bombing when they thought it was going to be as successful as their Fantasy Series 1 line. It was the only Blacklist Games Kickstarter I ended up dropping my pledge for because it just seemed too limiting (who needs 5 of the same butcher sculpt, not that interested in the knockoff Universal Monsters horror theme, wasn't as good a value because they didn't hit a lot of stretch goals, etc...). Of course now they mention that they'll be making adversary stats for the horror minis in Lasting Tales (at least a pdf form of them) so I might look into adding on a set.

I think they got nervous for a second and wanted to move up a guaranteed moneymaker. I believe the Sadler brothers are actually a little sick of basic fantasy at this point and want to do different genres (they tried horror and superheroes to a lukewarm response), but it's not where the Kickstarter money is right now so they're kinda locked in.

Yeah I pledged $1 so I could follow along, and they never really sold me on it. I ended up just backing it last week because of the tie in with lasting tales. The horror minis have less general utility to me though, and the dire alliance gameplay seems suuuper swingy based on the dice mechanics.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

armorer posted:

Yeah I pledged $1 so I could follow along, and they never really sold me on it. I ended up just backing it last week because of the tie in with lasting tales. The horror minis have less general utility to me though, and the dire alliance gameplay seems suuuper swingy based on the dice mechanics.
Did you manage to pledge through the gamefound pledge manager? It seemed locked to me, so I think I missed the opportunity of getting it as part of Dire Alliance.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
The Blue Planet: Recontact KS is up.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

JazzFlight posted:

Did you manage to pledge through the gamefound pledge manager? It seemed locked to me, so I think I missed the opportunity of getting it as part of Dire Alliance.

Yeah, on March 30th. I had pledged $1 in kickstarter though.

Edit: Looks to be locked now for me as well. I guess I just managed to sneak that order in.

armorer fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 6, 2021

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/312766093/deluxe-board-game-train-sets

New plastic trains! A bit pricey, but look really well detailed and I love the individual theming for each set

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

While I expect fantasy is more generally popular, I for one would be up for horror and supers. I even backed Dire Alliance, although I have misgivings, because sans minis it was $50 and seemed like worth a punt. But I don't think either of those projects were very compelling. Dire Alliance seemed like one of their weaker designs and while having someone completely different handle the PvP side does help allay concerns about split focus, I do still think trying to support both styles of play in one product forces compromises to both. And then it's a minis project too...separately. And Hour of Need...eh, I don't find their homebrew supers universe very exciting and I've already got Sentinels of the Multiverse. So I wasn't seeing the reason I need this other modular deck superheroes game, except this time with a much lower content-box size (and price) ratio and a bunch of extraneous minis.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

jivjov posted:

New plastic trains! A bit pricey, but look really well detailed and I love the individual theming for each set

Speaking of plastic trains, looks like they're doing a reprint and a mini-expansion for Empyreal. I really liked this one. Which is good because it's a loving space hog.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/empyreal-far-corners

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

I'm not really sure what to say about this.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/labmasu/horns-up-the-lacuna-coil-official-card-game

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

jivjov posted:

Do i want to have fancy trains for tickets to ride :thunk:

probably

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Do i want to have fancy trains for tickets to ride :thunk:

probably

I haven't played TtR outside of my iPad in years, but do I want to have fancy trains for TransEuropa :thunk:

...and trains instead of tokens of affection in Love Letter
...and trains instead of vikings going on raiding parties in a Feast for Odin

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

armorer posted:

Cyberpunk might be the moneymaker right now if they want to stretch their legs out of Fantasy.

Might drop a $1 pledge on the new KS closer to its end, but still not a good feeling.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

Arthil posted:

Cyberpunk might be the moneymaker right now if they want to stretch their legs out of Fantasy.

Might drop a $1 pledge on the new KS closer to its end, but still not a good feeling.

I've been dropping $1 pledges on a lot of kickstarters lately. If I'm on the fence I figure it gives me time to consider without having any skin in the game.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

quote:

$65,000 - Web Apps: We will commission a web app developer to build two Blue Planet: Recontact themed in-game apps for use in play.

Poseidon/Earth Date Synchronizer - a quick conversion calculator that matches Earth normal with Poseidon normal dates.

Incorporate Script Exchange Rate Tracker - an exchange rate generator that tracks and displays the daily variations and exchange rates between the relative values of the major Incorporate script.

So on the one hand this stretch goal's particular budget is only $2500 so for that price a couple of simple number trackers seems about right, but on the other hand I have to admit it seems kinda weird to me to say "we should have a digital tools stretch goal" and not have it be something that actually helps you run and/or play the game. Feels like a more ambitious stretch goal with the suitable amount of funding for it would be a better draw, idk.

Hackjack
Apr 1, 2013

Echophonic posted:

Speaking of plastic trains, looks like they're doing a reprint and a mini-expansion for Empyreal. I really liked this one. Which is good because it's a loving space hog.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/level99games/empyreal-far-corners

I’ll back this for the new expansion, which seems like just a few more cards.

I’m surprised they’re hoping to get $100,000 funding goal for basically a reprint. No way are they going to get there with $9 for the new stuff from existing owners. So I hope there’s enough demand there!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Hackjack posted:

I’m surprised they’re hoping to get $100,000 funding goal for basically a reprint. No way are they going to get there with $9 for the new stuff from existing owners. So I hope there’s enough demand there!

I could be mistaken but the first Gloomhaven reprint KS didn't offer much more than a revised set of stat trackers (as far as I remember) and it funded through the roof. Not every KS is created equal of course, but the first Empyreal KS was $75k and cleared $200k, so a $100k reprint ask doesn't seem hugely out of line to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's not even the first licensed heavy metal boardgame.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

fischtick posted:

...and trains instead of tokens of affection in Love Letter
...and trains instead of vikings going on raiding parties in a Feast for Odin

...and trains to fiddle with while playing Cerebos: The Crystal City, which features a train and is in its final 72 hours? We've reached all our stretch goals, so there's no better time to hop on the bandwagon.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Hackjack posted:

They've gotten almost halfway to their goal in the first day, they're probably fine.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
It's tonight! Excited!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-soviet-russia-28mm-miniatures?ref=clipboard-prelaunch
John Morris (left two) and Pandamonium Miniatures (right) have added some colour and they look so stunning!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

fr0id posted:

So, I wanna talk spire and the Kickstarter for the new Sin sourcebook. First, Spire is both a brilliant boiled down system (albeit showing its age somewhat compared to Heart), and has some of the most incredible flavor/fluff I’ve ever read in an RPG. There are a thousand weird and cool little things to spin tales off of in every bit of the writing of these games.

I am disappointed though to see that the Magister’s Guide, which is supposed to address one of the common criticisms of the system (no mechanical guidance for running a revolution in a game about revolution), is once again locked behind a high end stretch goal. It’s at the same high end stretchgoal it was for the previous supplement, one which was not reached by the campaign. Instead, there are stretchgoals for more art (good), a few very specific maps (decent), and a quick start adventure (doesn’t one of these already kind of exist?).

I’m curious what folks closer to the business think. Do mechanics for GMs sell worse than maps, art, or quickstarts? Is that the likely reasoning?

Hey good news, the Magister's Guide funded.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Hackjack posted:

It's been in heavy demand and is sold out, hence the reprint KS. Far Corners is basically a bonus for people who already got in last time.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Hexplore It Volume 4: The Domains of Mirza Noctis now live over on Gamefound:
https://gamefound.com/projects/hexploreit/vol4#/section/project-story

Hexplore It is one of my favorite coop series. A really good fantasy hexcrawl feeling, loads of cool bosses to fight and unique loot and such. And very varied characters.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
And Blue Planet funded in 4 hours. I have to say, this is one game I am really glad to see reappear.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

malkav11 posted:

Hexplore It Volume 4: The Domains of Mirza Noctis now live over on Gamefound:
https://gamefound.com/projects/hexploreit/vol4#/section/project-story

Hexplore It is one of my favorite coop series. A really good fantasy hexcrawl feeling, loads of cool bosses to fight and unique loot and such. And very varied characters.

Oh god that sure is pretty

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

djfooboo posted:

Oh god that sure is pretty

Well, sorta. It's a weird game series in that the stuff that has art, the art is great - but also a lot of what you're actually using in play has no art whatsoever. Or, like, the character roles, where there's a gorgeous full color art piece over the whole back...and 100% game info on the front, which is what you actually see 99% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

malkav11 posted:

Well, sorta. It's a weird game series in that the stuff that has art, the art is great - but also a lot of what you're actually using in play has no art whatsoever. Or, like, the character roles, where there's a gorgeous full color art piece over the whole back...and 100% game info on the front, which is what you actually see 99% of the time.
Yeah, the actual game is more of a boardgamification of a D&D session, so there's a lot more "theater of the mind" aspect.

That being said, there are a bazillion race/class/trait/etc. combinations you can do, it's a big sandbox-y system and I'm happy to collect each new volume.