Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

shazaaaaaaaam

WIBTA if I don’t get my kid a present for his 18th birthday?

it def wasn't a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Dazerbeams posted:

If a guy did this, it would be considered sleazy and gross. When a gal does it, she’s sexually liberated and worldly.

Is this a hot take? Because there is a very large gender gap in how men and women are seen on a sexual level right? Men are considered masculine and virile if they have many partners and it is seen as a positive trait, whereas women are seen as sluts and easy and it is a negative trait (societally speaking, not me I don’t give a poo poo).

So yes a woman owning her sexuality and a group of housemates sharing a “sex map” doesn’t indeed take some of the ownership of their sexuality back and so is a more liberated view.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

There’s a rather famous case of a high school teacher loving one of her students, going to jail for a few years and then resuming the relationship with the student once she got out and he was 18. I think they got married and have kids now. I think the student was a bit older than 13 at the time though. I read some article about them a while ago and it was basically “well, it’s a weird situation but they seem happy together :shrug:” which is mega hosed up, personally speaking.

You're thinking of Mary Kay Letourneau.

The student was indeed 13 at the time, she gave birth to their child while awaiting sentencing, then after serving a few months in jail she was caught meeting with him again in violation of her plea bargain. Sent back to prison for 7 years, gave birth to their second child 8 months after returning to custody, released in 2004 and married him in 2005.

Geoj fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 8, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I can't imagine the guy that is upset about it rather than going "Hey, looks like you and I have some catching up to do!" Good excuse for planning a vacation and having sex in as many countries as possible.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OMGVBFLOL posted:

iirc yeah people get very Master Race very quickly when given the chance, so much so that sperm banks auto-reject anyone who has red hair, is under 6 feet tall, is black, etc because their stuff is just going to sit on the shelf, never chosen

I'm pretty sure black couples who want a sperm donor kid are usually going to prefer the black dude's sperm tbh

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Flatmate should just randomly start pinning random US cities, scorched earth

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
perhaps it is weird and gross for someone of any gender to have a sex tourism map, especially where your current exclusive partner can see it and think about it on a regular basis. just spitballing here

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

regardless of gender there's nothing lamer than someone who tries to do sex tourism scorekeeping but doesn't have the balls to commit to a proper trophy room

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

charity rereg posted:

It's loving wild how people just come in here and write fanfiction about how it must be the man's fault. every time. every loving time.

This isn't devil's advocate, this is writing an entirely different post about an entirely different situation. they aren't married. it's all money he earned, she earned none of it. even then he put it aside as shared money for their shared goal as a couple, which she now wants to use for her and her sister. he makes it clear that he isn't some big breadwinner, and he hasn't done anything fun in a long time either. he's been scrimping by to support her educational goals.

So uh, yeah, I think "When do I get to recharge?" is a fair loving question. It's also fair to be bitter that she sees the money he's been saving as available to be spent. Don't you think he would have maybe taken a vacation himself, or bought himself something nice over the past 4 years if he know the money was for "fun" and not "Our Wedding"?

Of course she and everyone else would love to (and in a just world probably deserves to) take a vacation before starting work. Tough noogies. I worked when I was 14, I worked 2 jobs before starting college, I worked through college to put myself through it, and I was working F/T less than 21 days after graduating college a semester early. That's life, you knuckle up and grumble about not being independently wealthy and vote for Bernie like the rest of us born poor millennials.

It's great that you've decided that his boss will definitely give him the time off and that he's just lying because of Reasons. Commencement is in less than two months, you have no idea what sort of job he has or what his boss is like.

Uh, like a loving year? If she gets a job and they double their goddamn income there is no reason why they can't take a vacation together within a year.

More like every time the woman happens to be the lovely person that people devil’s advocate for, someone comes in to go OMG WOMEN CAN BE lovely TOO. Yes, we know. The person you’re replying to didn’t suggest otherwise.

It’s actually getting sort of annoying because literally the only ones bringing up gender are the “men aren’t always the bad guyssss” brigade defending themselves against no one.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

A sex world map that you keep in your living room is exactly the kind of thing you would expect a bunch of dumb college kids to think is cool. She's apparently 23 though so she's getting a bit old for that excuse.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Oh people are fine with her sex tourism map and pins but when I get a map of the world tattooed on my entire body and have their names burned in it's weird? loving double standards.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Admiral Ray posted:

Oh people are fine with her sex tourism map and pins but when I get a map of the world tattooed on my entire body and have their names burned in it's weird? loving double standards.

Please tell me Florida is on your wang

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

Is this a hot take? Because there is a very large gender gap in how men and women are seen on a sexual level right? Men are considered masculine and virile if they have many partners and it is seen as a positive trait, whereas women are seen as sluts and easy and it is a negative trait (societally speaking, not me I don’t give a poo poo).

So yes a woman owning her sexuality and a group of housemates sharing a “sex map” doesn’t indeed take some of the ownership of their sexuality back and so is a more liberated view.

It’s cool and good that she had fun but she made a goddamn shrine of her exploits. Just because women have had a history of being slut shamed doesn’t making glorifying sex tourism to be any less gross.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dazerbeams posted:

It’s cool and good that she had fun but she made a goddamn shrine of her exploits. Just because women have had a history of being slut shamed doesn’t making glorifying sex tourism to be any less gross.

going on vacations with your SO and having sex with them there is not sex tourism, it's just regular tourism

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Sex tourism doesn't mean "had sex with my boyfriend while we were on vacation," which is what the pins apparently represent

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I hope her dad takes away her GPS and makes her write an essay on sex tourism

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My hot take is that you’d be hard pressed to find anyone of either gender being ok with seeing a reminder of their partners past sexual experiences up on the wall.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Keeping a visual record of all the places you and an ex had sex is weird, too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

Sex tourism doesn't mean "had sex with my boyfriend while we were on vacation," which is what the pins apparently represent

I think you are definitely reading that wrong. It means they hooked up in these places and not with their s/o.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Lotta goons with only one pin in their sex map itt

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Listen, people slept with other people before you got together, it's normal and you need to get over and accept that. You're just going to have to get used to my TV cycling through a photo-album of everyone I've slept with and the accompanying sex-review vlog I made that day, otherwise you're robbing me of my agency.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I think you are definitely reading that wrong. It means they hooked up in these places and not with their s/o.

the OP explicitly talks about comparing himself with her exes and their ability to travel and gently caress

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

MarcusSA posted:

He explicitly says it was her exes she pinned out and that it’s a shared map for all the girls in the apartment.

Edit: gently caress beaten

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

That's still really loving weird

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

3 pins but the map is just a floorplan of my old flat.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In terms of successful? student teacher romances, Emmanuel Macron had sex with his teacher and now she’s the First Lady of France.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I have TWO pins in my sex map, tyvm.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mine is color coded with different coloured pins for vaginal, anal, oral and hand jobs.

But after my last vacation I need a new pin colour for foot jobs, any ideas?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have one pin in my map, because i don't do sex tourism like a monster.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

i have one pin in my map, because i don't do sex tourism like a monster.

Is it just your wank sock pinned to a notice board?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't know why I am surprised that goons can't conceive of getting laid on vacation

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Errant Gin Monks posted:

He explicitly says it was her exes she pinned out and that it’s a shared map for all the girls in the apartment.

Edit: gently caress beaten

Ok ok my bad and still weird!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

CheesyDog posted:

I don't know why I am surprised that goons can't conceive of getting laid on vacation

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I may have skimmed over the ex vs stranger detail but it's still weird and gross to mark it down. Are you all that desperate to let others know that you're a sex haver?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I'm sure it's nice for them to live with all of their best friends whose parents paid for them to study abroad in college, but my roommates and I just have a subway map, we are also kind of playing a modified version of Monopoly on it

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
*staring wistfully at my unpinned map of Middle Earth*

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Y'all is some busters

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

shazaaaaaaaam

WIBTA if I don’t get my kid a present for his 18th birthday?

"My kid feels abandoned and expressed such in a joke, should I cut him off for this feeling?"

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I wanna hang a map of the world in my house. Then I'm gonna put pins into all the locations that I've hosed. But first, I'm gonna have to gently caress at the top two corners of the map so it won't fall down.

[concept: mitch hedberg]

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

First "sex tourism" meant gross fat english dudes going to Thailand to engage in underage prostitution.
Then it became any gross western person traveling to a developing country to buy sex.
Then it became any western person having sex with anyone while on vacation anywhere with a lower GDP per capita.
Now it's "had any sort of sex with anyone while not at home"

Also abandoned kid has some legitimate feelings. My friend's ex who vowed to be a total 50/50 co-parent got a modest and totally optional promotion which involved moving to Germany basically forever. Saying you put your kid first literally means putting them ahead of your career. "Sorry son, daddy can make $1500 more a year living in germany, unless you can match or beat this job offer I am not violating any corporate ethics advancing my career"

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 8, 2019