Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
That's odd, it should be infinite. The only wrinkle should be that Productive skills apply a debuff called Earned which prevents you from gaining any more soulstones; I could hypothetically imagine that your anti-debuff setup was "unstable" in some way that caused it to stop working after a certain number of rounds. All of those would be extreme edge cases though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Maybe got hit with Acid and had it stripped off if it was on gear?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

This all reads a lot like people playing thru Bloodborne blind lol

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Sleekly posted:

I did that for my first few runs but spent way too much time going "what the poo poo does that mean?"

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Sleekly posted:

Buriedbornes is basically a souls game so yeah, checks out.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Buriedbornes is basically a souls game so yeah, checks out.

Oh poo poo, really? I mean, via menus and stuff (I've seen screenshots).

Is there really deep and hidden away lore? The thing I loved most about DS was the world building, and how you had to really piece everything together yourself.

Whatever, I'll download this.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh poo poo, really? I mean, via menus and stuff (I've seen screenshots).

Is there really deep and hidden away lore? The thing I loved most about DS was the world building, and how you had to really piece everything together yourself.

Whatever, I'll download this.

Not really, it's a dungeon crawler focused on mechanics and itemization. Game good though.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I finally killed the ancient king with a Saint, then got invited to Karma. I went in and ran into a dude with +999999999 shields who exploded me. Teaches me to randomly accept something that seems cool!

Weirdly enough I don't feel like I like it that much (I've never been a huge fan of the whole Souls series) but then when I start a another character it's hard to put down.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Is BuriedBorne still Engrish as hell or did they actually translate the game?

I'd love to play it with a proper localisation.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Sorry if I'm just zooming through this thread and it's already been answered but what's the simplest way to get DOOM for my android?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dragongem posted:

I finally killed the ancient king with a Saint, then got invited to Karma. I went in and ran into a dude with +999999999 shields who exploded me. Teaches me to randomly accept something that seems cool!

Weirdly enough I don't feel like I like it that much (I've never been a huge fan of the whole Souls series) but then when I start a another character it's hard to put down.

Yeah, Karma is not worth going into unless you have your own wacky cheese build. It is a dungeon that puts you against other players' characters.

WaltherFeng posted:

Is BuriedBorne still Engrish as hell or did they actually translate the game?

I'd love to play it with a proper localisation.

There is still a bunch of untranslated text, but almost entirely in the daily news messages. The game itself is almost entirely translated, if not perfectly; you should have no trouble understanding anything (outside of the inherent obtuseness of the mechanics).

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah it's my "backup" game, just a timekiller at work when my other game doesn't have anything for me to do. I really enjoy the art style though! I'm impressed it's as fun as it is since 'AFK Arena' is as generic of a name as you can get.

Jumping in this thread from nowhere because I'd rather be in a goon guild than this poo poo public guild im in now.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

WerrWaaa posted:

Jumping in this thread from nowhere because I'd rather be in a goon guild than this poo poo public guild im in now.

I'm still playing but keep jumping between public guilds as they die off around me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so Buriedbourne is pretty dense, but not completely inpenetrable... except for the loving colored dots. What are the loving colored dots?

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Epsilon Plus posted:

so Buriedbourne is pretty dense, but not completely inpenetrable... except for the loving colored dots. What are the loving colored dots?

Tap them and they'll tell you.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Epsilon Plus posted:

They are just different buffs and debuffs, if you tap them they tell you their effect. They are part of some missions as well. The effects are mostly inconsequential, don't worry about them.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
My buriedbornes is bugged where, uh, I can't access the item shop to buy anything? I see t he first menu for currency, then when I hit it nothing comes up. I tried clearing my data cache, but it didn't work.

Anyone else have that issue?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Dragongem posted:

My buriedbornes is bugged where, uh, I can't access the item shop to buy anything? I see t he first menu for currency, then when I hit it nothing comes up. I tried clearing my data cache, but it didn't work.

Yeah the individual item shops are busted, they know about it. If you tap ALL everything shows up, you just need to scroll some

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

ZombieApostate posted:

Tap them and they'll tell you.

Okay, I assumed I was tapping the icon to get that info and the colored dot was something different

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

Tafferling posted:

Heartstone, for the third time now I dropped a magical bomb on myself.
Thinking about quitting, the controls don't really work well when you have to nervously hover magic over your whole screen to reach the opponent face.

Move firmly and not un-quickly. As part of my thinking process I sometimes select and de-select a card/hover over it for awhile-- don't grab it until you know exactly what you're doing. Also, you can start to drag the targetting spell in a direction, and if you let go while hovering over a non-character part of the board, it will not cast. Shoot me a PM if you wanna play some friendly matches and practice.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexon.godzilla

The Godzilla Defense Force has released and it is a game in the vein of Tap Titans. There is a gacha mechanic for powers, but I do not know how the paywall is since I am still early in the game.

So far I am enjoying it. They use all sorts of fun bits from all of Toho's Godzilla history.

48 Hour Boner
May 26, 2005

I think something's wrong with this thing

Mr Hootington posted:

The Godzilla Defense Force has released and it is a game in the vein of Tap Titans. There is a gacha mechanic for powers, but I do not know how the paywall is since I am still early in the game.

So far I am enjoying it. They use all sorts of fun bits from all of Toho's Godzilla history.

Jet Jaguar spotted!

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Mr Hootington posted:

Anytime I have gotten stuck I can usually get past it by watching a couple ads, and if that doesn't work there is a time travel mechanic that starts you over but makes you more powerful.

Seems pretty forgiving if you are willing to sit through lots of ads, or you know.. just set it down and come back in a couple hours.

I'm really loving all the Toho stuff, and the art is fantastic!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CRAYON posted:

Anytime I have gotten stuck I can usually get past it by watching a couple ads, and if that doesn't work there is a time travel mechanic that starts you over but makes you more powerful.

Seems pretty forgiving if you are willing to sit through lots of ads, or you know.. just set it down and come back in a couple hours.

I'm really loving all the Toho stuff, and the art is fantastic!

I think I'm playing this very wrong or missing a button or something because every kaiju fight is just lose, watch video x3 then move on. I don't see a button to grind waves so it's just watch videos until you beat it

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Len posted:

I think I'm playing this very wrong or missing a button or something because every kaiju fight is just lose, watch video x3 then move on. I don't see a button to grind waves so it's just watch videos until you beat it

Focus upgrading the highest tier and make sure you're using cards.

Have you unlocked time travel yet? Use it and buy an artifact as soon as possible.

I maybe am being too kind to the game because I love Godzilla.. I do set my phone down a lot for ads while "playing" it.

CRAYON fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 25, 2019

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CRAYON posted:

Focus upgrading the highest tier and make sure you're using cards.

Have you unlocked time travel yet? Use it and buy an artifact as soon as possible.

I maybe am being too kind to the game because I love Godzilla.. I do set my phone down a lot for ads while "playing" it.

Nope. You have to be level 5 to get there and I'm not even at 4 yet. Currently watching ads until I get enough boost to beat Godzilla 1999. Just unlocked the turret in tokyo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I've got adguard, so the game doesn't work for me. Tried to play an ad once and timed out after 10 seconds, after that the game just freezes every time it tries to ad me. Other games won't let me get the stuff for free (naturally) but at least they don't break.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
There are walls to be expected because it is an idler/tapper game. Nothing so far that makes you have to buy to advance.

I also got a great pull in my first free pack so that helps :smugdog:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Dragongem posted:

I have the issue where a lot of the text isn't translated or is just question marks. The 'Destination' dialog will forever be a mystery to me

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Trastion posted:

I've been playing, and liking, Archero the last few days. You play an Archer that goes through levels shooting various bad guys. It has a Rogue-Like ability system where when you level (and at start later) you get to pick an upgrade like attack speed or double arrows. If you die you lose everything and start over again.

From a page back but I checked this out and am having a lot of fun with it, I always like a game that I can play in portrait mode more or less one-handed. The first time I tried it I got halfway through the tutorial and thought "Eh this is fine" but didn't go further than that, once I gave it a fair shake and started getting upgrades I really start to get into it. There's a ton of zones to unlock from what I can tell so I'm kind of curious to see how many upgrades there are that I haven't seen yet.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

explosivo posted:

From a page back but I checked this out and am having a lot of fun with it, I always like a game that I can play in portrait mode more or less one-handed. The first time I tried it I got halfway through the tutorial and thought "Eh this is fine" but didn't go further than that, once I gave it a fair shake and started getting upgrades I really start to get into it. There's a ton of zones to unlock from what I can tell so I'm kind of curious to see how many upgrades there are that I haven't seen yet.

A solid bite-sized game! Echoing the one-handed portrait mode comments, it's real nice to be able to play that way.

Energy system doesn't matter because you can bank 4 games worth at once and that's already more than I'm going to play in a single sitting.

I like the rogue-lite elements and the persistent upgrades. Don't buy coins, you get capped on upgrades based on your level and when you get to the second world you get 300-600 coins at the start of every run.

For a freemium game it's refreshingly non-predatory. It's not overly generous on gems and poo poo but it's very playable without even watching ads.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So I thought I was beginning to understand Buriedbornes a bit, and then it asked me if I wanted to be inducted in the Hall of Karma, and I thought that sounded cool, and I didn't realise that meant leaving my current dungeon and fighting in the Hall of Karma, and I tried to quit and that deleted my best mage so far. So that's my buriedbornes story so far, if you liked it slam those like and subscribe buttons

i love it

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

SynthesisAlpha posted:

A solid bite-sized game! Echoing the one-handed portrait mode comments, it's real nice to be able to play that way.

Energy system doesn't matter because you can bank 4 games worth at once and that's already more than I'm going to play in a single sitting.

I like the rogue-lite elements and the persistent upgrades. Don't buy coins, you get capped on upgrades based on your level and when you get to the second world you get 300-600 coins at the start of every run.

For a freemium game it's refreshingly non-predatory. It's not overly generous on gems and poo poo but it's very playable without even watching ads.

the third zone gives you 600-1200 at the start and varies the formula in a neat way - its only 20 zones but each trash room spawns 5 waves of enemies on a timer, rather than just being one set of enemies to clear. ricochet is also extra useful in zone 20 because a couple of the boss rooms will have 2 of a previous boss so it can help in burning one of them down faster to avoid getting overwhelmed

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Archero question: am I wrong or is it really dumb to take the Smart perk because of the low max level cap? Once you hit Max lvl you basically have now lost extra power

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Chin Strap posted:

Archero question: am I wrong or is it really dumb to take the Smart perk because of the low max level cap? Once you hit Max lvl you basically have now lost extra power

Yeah, thats what I figured. It might be worth it if it let you level up another couple of times or something, but hitting the cap is not *that* difficult, and it just seems a waste.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i havent had a single run where i didnt hit max level before the final boss, it just seems like a trap pick to me. there might be later zones with less available experience but ive nearly beaten the zone 3 boss a couple times and was still maxed out there

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Has anyone got any good word puzzle games they've been playing lately?

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

victorious posted:

Has anyone got any good word puzzle games they've been playing lately?

I've been addicted to Word Cookies for quite a while. They give you 7 letters and you need to find all the words that can be made from them. It's good to play one handed while waiting on lines and stuff. I ended up paying a few dollars for the ad-free version.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

7 words is one of my favorite word puzzle games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008