Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Someone get that poor camera a scotch, it's been through a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why is this not on tonight?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

Did you get preempted by NFL preseason football?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

In some markets it's preempted by preseason football

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Yeah, i just noticed that....but its on a different channel. Stupid sports.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jess's interview= yuck

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm past it. JodyCam is dead!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I'm worried for Josh's life without Jess to stop Cody

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Honestly, the past week kind of confirmed the suspicion I had way back in week 1. Jessica was the crazier one.

Cody's just going to mope alone and occasionally talk to people in the kitchen or while working out. Even though he was the violent one he generally had more self control and was able to ignore poo poo until Jess got involved.

She's basically the girlfriend who starts fights in the club so her boyfriend can beat people up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cody's moving into the Have Not room alone.

Everyone kind of celebrating in the kitchen. Josh doing a victory lap saying he tried to be nice and she made it person and now he's just done being nice. Raven saying the one guy who was supposed to respect her more than anyone voted her out. Josh tells Alex "She got evicted and you won HOH!" and Alex high fives that. Josh says now he's going to put on a week long circus magic act for Cody. Paul embracing the "Mr. Friendship" nickname. Josh clearly salty about being called "Forest Gump".

This isn't a super pretty look but given the way Jessica played and went out its not exactly unexpected.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Jess/Cody being completely protected by production confirmed I guess. That was disgusting to sit through and seriously killed my enjoyment of the show. Paulie was bad last year, but at its apex production did become partially aware that he was too far gone for editing to save so we got some enjoyment out of seeing at least some of the truth come out, and them making fun of him being a cry baby. But the complete cover up of Jess and Cody's actions in the house is pretty loving gross.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

One noticeable dynamic: calling these people out for lining up and following Paul's orders isn't a good tactic. It obviously doesn't work coming from Cody and Jess but it didn't work for Dom, it wouldn't work for Mark, it wouldn't work if someone in the pack woke up one day and wanted to make ~big game movez~. I would say "haha they'll feel dumb when he gets the money and they don't," but Ian and Steve won BB on coattails. Nicole and Andy were assertive players but they were all about the big groups. I think Cody Calafiore still feels okay about taking someone he couldn't beat to F2 because they were an alliance. I wish I wasn't like 11 when Maggie won BB6 - Paul does a good job of nurturing the hosed up vulnerable people who just want to be part of a group and not scaring away people like Jason and Matt.

With this cast, I think this would have been a great season 9 times out of 10, playing it out from the beginning. Just didn't work out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Sounds like Alex wants to put up Matt and Elena. Obviously Matt is the pawn and they wanna backdoor Cody.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gently caress em. She's gone. Cody's just a matter of time. In the grand scheme of things Jessica is a pre-jury flop and Cody would have been if not for a bunch of twists. We'll remember them as two of the dumbest players in BB history who wasted 2 HOHs, a Battle Back, and an Eviction Cancelation power and accomplished absolutely nothing.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

It also doesn't make any sense to call that out when the big group still has clear targets in the house. Yes they are all working with Paul. Because you and Cody are still there. By eliminating shared targets, they guarantee themselves further into the game, instead of being next out the door.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's what Jody have never understood. It doesn't matter what a threat to win Paul is at F12 if there's a bunch of scary players who can win poo poo and you know are gunning for you. They might end up waiting too long for Paul but there's still time for that and there's more immediate threats.

But they spent the entire season priding themselves on intimidating people and they got the natural end to that.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

ToastyPotato posted:

It also doesn't make any sense to call that out when the big group still has clear targets in the house. Yes they are all working with Paul. Because you and Cody are still there. By eliminating shared targets, they guarantee themselves further into the game, instead of being next out the door.

Some of them are "working with Paul." Probably more of them are covering Paul's rear end, ratting each other out to Paul and parroting Paul's lines at other people.

But yeah, Cody and Jess failed because they're morons (nominating Ramses!) and they never tried to take advantage of the divisions that do exist. She'll probably learn no one likes Matt and Raven anymore on the Sunday or Wednesday TV show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex confused as to how it took them 50 days to get rid of Jessica when she was only the target last week and America saved her.

Paul says to Kevin (and Jason) that it was clear his deal with Cody was always bullshit by Jessica's speech.

Jason: Man, I have poo poo for brains. This house is really telling me how dumb I am.

Alex tells Paul, Jason, and Kevin that Raven asked her to throw it but she didn't want to risk it. Paul agrees that was the right call and says its crucial they get out Cody now that they know there's not Battle Back. That really doesn't make it any more crucial, Paul. It just means you don't have to worry about him coming back. Paul asks who Alex is thinking for pawns and she says Matt and Elena. She wants to talk to Matt about it. Paul says they have to pick someone to throw the Safety Comp to lock in that 4th POV player.

Alex giving Jason, Kevin, and Paul poo poo for the hair now too. Good. That was dumb, guys.

Paul and Alex share their goodbye messages. Jason shares his.
Jason: Third time's a charm. You earned it. Bye.

Mark says Jess was surprised Jess went after Paul in her final speech. Paul doesn't know why. Elena says she said she was going to say personal goodbyes to people including Paul. Paul says she didn't. Kevin asks if they're all playing in Safety and they all say yes. Paul says someone also needs to throw it and get that 3rd spot. Mark and Elena keep being sketchy by immediately saying they don't want to. They're terrible at this game. Alex says she would (I believe her) but she can't now.

Paul brings up Have Nots and says they have to get Josh into shape and mess with Cody. Mark AGAIN immediately opts out. Paul says he might volunteer.

Christmas: So why did Cody vote for you?
Raven: I don't know. He can shut his dick in a door for all I care.
They're mocking Cody making a big deal of his word and once again going against it when he said he'd never vote against Raven. I think that's a little silly at this stage, but Cody's word doesn't mean anything so its all kind of relative.

Kevin [to Elena]: Safe to assume you're not getting a Christmas present from Dominique.

Christmas, Josh, and Raven really wallowing in Jessica's poo poo. Hopefully they'll get over it in time. Its old and petty already. Like I said, I give them a small pass given how she went out but at some point you gotta be the bigger person. The last few weeks of this season has been people being petty towards each other and blaming the other.

gently caress! JESSICA ALONE IN AN INTERVIEW WITHOUT JEFF!!!!! GO AWAY! OUT YOU DEMON!!!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jessica wants to punch Alex in the face and she's a brat.

"How'd you get here?" Cody hosed up and was never forgiven because he's a strong player and she was targeted because she was strong too and it flatters her. Had nothing to do with treating people like poo poo.

Jess still insisting she was the target all along. Apparently Julie lied to her.

Jess thinks the HGs don't know she intentionally threw the Safety. Because, you know, everyone else is stupid.

"Im my mind Josh didn't really take me out." Well, your mind is clearly what matters to you.

She totally coulda won OTEV except for that one round, the second round, that she lost.

She and Jody aren't a showmance because they didn't do it for the camera, "unlike Matt and Raven." "If it leads to real romance I'm all for it." Somewhere Cody just got a chill.

She hopes people "have hearts" and don't isolate Cody but she's not "holding her prayers" on it. Because its people who isolate Cody.

Jess doesn't think it was cool people got ostracized when they were the targets. Because that didn't happen when she and Cody were HOHs.

Elena was playing an "amazing" and "phenomenal" social game but being friends with her ruined it. Huh. That says a lot about both of your games.

BE GONE, GRAF! AWAY FROM HERE AND BACK WHENCE YOU CAME FROM!!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raven's super salty that Cody voted for her. Matt says Cody gave him poo poo for his "little baby lies" but he never game his word to anyone except Christmas in Week 1. Raven admits she's been lying and she was the one who hid eggs that led to some kind of fight I must have missed. These people really care about their eggs. Matt thinks that's hilarious. Matt asks if a lie counts as 1 or multiple if he's told the same one multiple times. He says he's lied 3 times.

Matt: Its not being a bad liar. It means you're a good person.
Raven: I have two hearts, its hard to be a liar.
Ugh.

Matt: I don't get why Jess couldn't have just said "Thank you CBS" and kept it nice.
Raven: I told you because she's a bitch.

Drums playing again so if those sounds are still a comp its still in play. Jackhammer immediately after. Now I think they're just loving with them. But could be Safety or POV.

Raven saying Alex is building her resume with the HOHs. Matt says it isn't good because you get blood on your hands. Raven says Derrick never won a HOH. That's not true, Raven. And you're not Derrick.

Jason tells Maven that Cody was trying to get him and Kevin to vote her out.

Josh and Jason "horse around" again and BB tells them to stop. Josh goes off on a (comical) rant that they get called out quicker than when "Mr. HMMPH" gets in his face and threatens him. Josh makes it sound like he's not even allowed to call out Cody's name. Paul says to just leave Cody alone because he's "a total no zone." Ok, if the DR told loving Josh and Paul that they can't even talk about the guy then I'm getting kind of pissed. If Cody's this big a problem then gently caress him. No one else gets these kind of safety wheels and poo poo. Cody gets a "safe space"?

If this is real its pure bullshit.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Raven whacked her finger on a chair or something and I think she's bleeding.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Jason is regaling the entire house sans Cody about a home made sex toy he made with the help of his brother in law. I'll let STAC do the write up because I can't do it justice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raven: That motherfucker doesn't loving exist in my loving world!

Raven is maaaaad about learning Cody was campaigning against her. She hurt herself hitting a chair. Matt takes her to the storage room for first aid but first she stops to show everyone it.

Paul: I think Jody banged on those [blankets].
Alex: Did they really have sex on national TV?
Christmas: Oh yeah. Banged. Completely.
Jason: Like a screen door in a thunder storm. Bangbangbangbangbang.
Josh: Like those bunnies you used to jerk off to.

Jason and Josh start play fighting again and there's like 4 minutes of fish. Josh is then called to DR and he's convinced he's getting another timeout and is annoyed. I'm kind of with him.

Jason tells a story of how he made mold of his own erect penis. His brother-in-law helped him.
Matt: You got a hardon in front of your wife's brother's dick and he molded it for you?
Jason: She was there too!
Paul: Welcome to the state of Iowa.

Jason: Then I took one of Holly's vibrators and took it apart and put the motor in the back...

Alex: Why did your brother in law have to help? Couldn't Holly have just done it?
Jason: You know, I don't know. He was there.

In conclusion apparently its a "cock sleeve" sex toy. No one can quite figure out what its purpose is.

Jason: Its for girth! God, I didn't want to say it out loud.
Paul: You said everything else out loud!
Kevin: I guess I haven't done poo poo with my life.

It was apparently some kind of elaborate sex therapy to help his wife have orgasms.

Kevin: You should quit your job and just tour the country telling stories. No one has done this poo poo before.

Now Jason is trying to convince Paul of the merits of restricting bloodflow in his dick, which is why he made it fit him but a little small.

Paul: How did you clean it?
Jason: Bleach? I never cleaned it. I'm just kidding! I'm just kidding!
Elena: No he isn't!

Josh: You should sell this.
Jason: I tried! I loving tried!
Christmas: I know people in the industry.

Jason: It was a trial period where...
Paul: Where you broke your dick.
Jason: No, that was a couple of years ago...

The name is the Gladiator IOO (Intercourse Orientated Orgasm).

Matt: Someone get this guy on Shark Tank!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin runs into Cody and offers some niceties. Cody's loneliness shows and he goes into all the plans he and Jess have for post show. Cody assumes a lot will happen for them from the show and they'll just be synonymous now. So he plans to move to LA for awhile and see how it goes. Kevin says they're going to come after him every week. Cody says it makes no sense since he's alone and he'd never go after Alex (YOU PUT HER UP!). Cody goes on a rant about how everyone's screwed someone in this game and its true that they always hold it against them like with him. Cody claims that he threatened Josh because he knows that production doesn't want anything to happen so he knew they'd tell Josh to stay away and then Jess would get some peace. "I knew what I was doing."

Josh asks Elena and Mark why Jessica took everything so personally. Marlena comically claim that they never really talked after Week 1 and Cody's move separated them. Elena hopes that everyone can get past things with time but she can understand why Josh wouldn't want to be friends with them. Josh points out the hypocrisy of BB not calling off Jess with the spoon or Cody when he got in his face. Elena agrees its a double standard "but its Big Brother." Josh gives Jody 6 months. Alex asks how many people Josh has fought with. Josh says "just" three - Cody, Jess, and Mark - but says Mark doesn't really count because he likes him and he just hung out with the wrong people. They go over for the 100th time that they don't get personal with each other and can apologize and move on.

Josh: I think it sucks that you're friends with a dickhead, but you can be friends with who you want.

Josh: I hope you don't gently caress it up. Or its pots and pans for you.
Mark: You think they'll allow it?
Josh: For you? Absolutely.

Josh: I'm done talking about them.
We'll see.

Paul saying again that someone has to throw the Safety Comp. Josh is worried that Cody will try to throw it to assure he can't be backdoored and Paul says someone has to throw it "more." Cody SHOULD throw it because it gives him a 1-6 chance for POV vs a 1-10 chance for Safety. But Cody doesn't think that way. The idea comes up of Christmas doing it and getting to gently caress Cody a second time. Christmas and others like that but they say they'll talk about it.

Paul gets annoyed at the idea of getting a bad edit of bullying Jody. Christmas thinks after today's show its not a concern.

Mark tells Elena that "season 8's" "Five Horsemen" were the reason he wanted to be on Big Brother. The only member he names is "Howie." I'm clueless. He complains that he got stuck with this season. I THINK he's talking about Jase's Horsemen in Season 5? So he idolized the failure villain alpha douche male alliance? That makes sense. Mark kinda seems like a Scott. Or maybe Season's 8's "Mrs. Robinson's" alpha male group? Or maybe the Secret Six with Howie? I've got no clue.

Raven tells Paul what Jason told her about Cody campaigning. Paul tells Kevin. Kevin weirdly lies and denies Cody ever asked him. I mean, it might be true but its a technical truth since he promised Jess and Cody he wasn't voting her out and Cody discussed that as part of their deal. Paul says Jason told her and Raven wasn't mad at them or being secretive about it. Kevin still denies and says he just wants to get Cody out and just be done with it. Paul complains some more about him being portrayed as a bully against them because they're playing victims. Kevin says he's probably getting the best edit. Paul disagrees. Paul's just venting about the stuff Jess said and her claim that they were trying to get her out all season. He's salty. Paul complains about them having to "tip toe" around "this pussy" now because he can't control his temper. Kevin tells him Cody's claim that he did it intentionally. Paul calls Josh in for Kevin to tell him. Feeds flip away to continue to protect Jody (I'm not really sure what else to call it at this stage).

Alex asks Jason what they should do this week. Jason says Matt/Elena and backdoor Cody. Jason asks "what if dumbass wins safety?" and Alex says Elena. Jason wants Matt out. Mark has fallen off these two's radars apparently, and I imagine he will if they can get Cody and Elena out since then he's alone.

We join Christmas describing someone to and Matt and Paul. "Fits of rage, unable to control their rage, very manipulative, very charismatic when they need to be, cannot sustain a relationship with intimacy for long periods of time because that is revealed." Sounds like she's trying to imply Cody is the lay accepted definition of a "psychopath". "And the other one's just an opportunist." Matt and Paul agree. Presumably this is prompted by the news that Cody manipulated the production demanded "safe space" with his threats. Matt saying that "he said America loved them" and if that's true they would have portrayed things in a very specific way. Paul vents about if the edit is doing that and not showing something real. Feeds again cut away. If they're trying to hide this stuff (whcih they are) they're real slow.

Jason tells Kevin that Maven were saying poo poo about him and talking about making a Top 5 that didn't include him. Kevin is sketched out and wants to know details on what Raven said about a Top 5. Jason says it was something she said right after HOH. Jason, "You know how I panic." Kevin's fired up that she was talking about him. Alex is trying to calm it and saying she didn't talk about Kevin. She and Jason say they just need to get wins. Kevin's being Kevin and Jason's being Jason and Alex clearly wants to just get her HOH room and settle everything down.

Christmas, Matt, and Raven now joined mid conversation and seem to be discussing this new "Cody manipulated production into getting Josh off him by threatening him" revelation. Raven announces she's done speaking to him. Christmas says its just the latest of many things he's done to land him alone in the Have Not Room without his girl.

Cody's game and house position has somehow gotten worse now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Kevin asks if Christmas is going to play in Safety. She says she has to talk to Alex. Kevin says if its something she can't win she automatically goes on the block. Christmas says then Cody can't throw it and go on the block. Christmas says she could have played the last one and seems antsy about sitting it out. She probably would have made good time on the scooter but that could have been an unfair advantage. Kevin complains to Christmas about Raven and this new bug he has up his rear end and tells her if he wins HOH he's putting Maven up. Christmas is down with the Raven hate.

Josh and Christmas commiserating on the idea of Cody and Jess manipulating things to make them look like the bad guys. Christmas says Matt keeps his mouth shut and never stands up. Josh calls him a "pussy" and Christmas scolds him for using that word in a negative way. Josh says Mark and Jason have something going but says not to say that to anyone because if it gets to Kevin he'll tell Jason and then Jason will be after him. Josh says Mark is working his way back in. Christmas says Elena is too. They both think Alex is solid with their six. Christmas notes Elena, Mark, and Cody talking in Have Nots. Josh says Marlena are going to try and work Alex this week so they and Paul need to be there to counter. Josh says Jason said he wanted Marlena over Maven.

Kevin spazzing out to Mark about Raven now. Now back to Jason and talking about putting Maven up. Kevin's a mess. He's talking about who should be Have Nots now and talking like he's HOH. Kevin got this same way last time Alex won HOH.

Alex says she requested Taylor Swift. Mark goes on at LENGTH about how great 1989 is. He's deadly serious. He talks about how its his perfect workout music. Paul is dumbfounded by this.

Group discussion about noms and safety. Matt says Marlena can't be the one to throw Safety because they can't trust them to throw POV so they could backdoor Cody. Paul says he'll do it but he'll play hard for POV if he does. Paul asks Josh (naturally) if he feels comfortable. Josh says he "doesn't feel good" but he knows they have the votes so he'll do it. Josh would like to win and rub it in Cody's face. Josh says he's game and just wants to be competing and in it. Matt bitching about the Cody/Production stuff. He says when Mark went to Production and said Josh was provoking him and he was going to hit him they told Mark "its been done before, deal with it, tough poo poo." Matt claims Mark is pissed at the double standard. Paul says Cody is the problem and wants him gone. Then he complains more about Jessica and her speech. He's pretty accurately laying out what a terrible game Jessica played but he's still annoying.

Paul: How are we idiots when you literally had the whole house telling you "Yo, if you use that Hex we're going to send you home and you're not making it to Jury." Fact. Did it. Went home. Did not make it to Jury. Everyone's an idiot. Put myself on the block. Maxed out my whole time. Didn't even try. I'm now home. Pissed. Might be home right now.

Even Mark agrees. Or at least says he does.

Paul's still ranting. This is really under his skin. Raven claims that Cody said "I love you" but Jessica didn't say it back (that's just not true). Paul saying Cody got played. Raven saying Cody better not look at her Instagram and thinks she' plays dominos with Kanye. They bring up the weirdness of Jess and Cody staring at each other during the votes and the two of them being attached at the hips the last week even when she did makeup or "when they pee and poop." Lots and lots of ranting. Matt calls him, Raven, and Paul "The Gypsy Squad" so I guess they have an alliance name.

Kevin still insisting to Jason that he never promised Cody nothing and riled up about Raven. Jason knows Kevin is full of poo poo but he's Jason so doesn't know what to do here. Christmas trying to settle him a bit saying Raven just does stuff for attention.

Paul asks Alex, Jason, Christmas, and Kevin if they really want to put one of each showmance up and risk pissing both off and uniting them for next week. Paul just wants to put Mark and Elena up and draw the line. Christmas says they're still cozy with Cody. Kevin distracts with some random nonsense story about Cody asking him about kids and calling him a weird dude. I'm never sure if Kevin is all there. Paul brings it back and says they need to keep Maven feeling comfortable and they've already damaged the trust with Marlena. Paul says in the worst case scenario Mark goes and Elena and Cody will be split. Alex says she doesn't care. Jason suggests putting Maven up and reeling Marlena in. Paul says they've already got Marlena paranoid so why risk making more enemies? Christmas adds that Maven don't like Marlena and Raven hates Cody. Christmas says Elena's going to be pissed. Paul says its not his problem.

Josh doesn't want to be a Have Not and be miserable all week with Cody. Paul's trying to talk him into it. Josh really kind of deserves a week to not be Paul's sacrificial lamb after winning HOH and everything else but Paul is pushing him to throw the Safety and go on the block and be a Have Not. Paul's a dick.

Matt telling Raven that he thinks/hopes Jess will regret the way she played and acted. Raven pushes back. Matt says he has regrets about the way the mob scene went. Raven says some nonsense "no regrets" crap. Matt tries to explain how if he got upset and said something mean like mocking someone's weight he'd regret that. I think he's trying to explain shame and guilt to Raven. She doesn't seem to be fully getting it. Why do we like the crazy hot ones?

HOH Room Reveal Time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alex got Kendrick's drat instead of Taylor. Mark must be sad. Alex got a picture of her ex boyfriend. She's very excited by that. Her letter is from him too. The "ex" part seems a little grey. "I love you more than you love me." "I love you." Alex is VERY happy. She's glowing.

Matt: Don't let this weaken you!
Jason: Burn that letter!

Matt: Alex, I think you have a boyfriend right now.
Alex: He's not.
Matt: He's keeping a daily journal for you!

Mark and Elena are doing some blatant rear end kissing as expected. Elena's wearing one of Alex's new bows. So is Raven.

The guys (besides Paul) have a very extended and knowledgable discussion of the upcoming NFL season. Thats not notable its just not something I think I've ever seen on BB. BB doesn't seem to usually cast a bunch of serious sports fans. Christmas and Alex are in it too. Raven claims to be a big football fan but isn't saying anything. Even Cody is engaging. Like, I've never seen him this socially engaged.

Is it possible Jessica was destroying Cody's game?

Alex got soy sauce in both of her HOHs even though she doesn't like it. She suspects BB is profiling her.

Talk shifts from football to Kendrick and Cody bails. It was fun while it lasted.

Matt, Raven, and Mark all leave and leave the singles up with Elena. Credit to Elena for having the sense to talkblock.

Mark and Matt are talking about finally being in Jury after so long. Mark complains about Josh a bit and all Mark's been put through and Matt laughs at him. Mark doesn't seem to really get it. Then they talk about carbs.

Alex's sister's dog is named Shazam and the dog hates Alex so when she yells at him she yells "SHAZAM!" and her sister laughs that she's doing magic. Elena doesn't get it and thinks of it as the app. Jason doesn't know what the app is. This is an interesting generation gap.

Josh and Mark... fighting? Mark is very aggressively telling Josh that he's never offended him with anything he said. This seems to be over Josh's play flirting with Elena and Josh is saying he's just loving with him. Mark is weirdly pretending that him and Elena aren't together and he encourages Josh to go for her. This is very weird. They hug and say they're boys. Paul's there two but uncharacteristically silent so he's easy to miss since he's just this quiet tiny man between these two emotional hulks.

Ok, Alex, Paul, Christmas, Jason, and Kevin in HOH. Mark and Elena are the noms. Alex is worried Elena won't give back her bow. Christmas really wants to compete in the Safety but Alex worries that she might be "dead weight" in POV if she's the 3rd nom. Alex also points out that the numbers are getting close and if 2 of Cody/Marlena are down things get sketchy. Josh comes up and Paul tries to kick him out to be their "eyes and ears" downstairs. Josh hangs around and pushes Mark and Elena as targets and to not bring them in over Maven. He's a step behind because they already agreed to this and Jason and Paul are being dicks about it. Alex says Raven's salty with her right now over HOH. Maven head upstairs and both Paul AND Josh hide in the bathroom. That's just stupid. Alex tells Maven the plan. Josh wants to gun for Safety and rub it in Cody's face all week. Matt says he's cool throwing Safety. Alex says "business as usual, be nice to Elena and Mark and keep them calm."

Alex: That's a real good plan. I'm drunk.

Elena tells Mark everyone is upstairs but them. They don't change that and talk about whether they like each other or not. I'm not sure who they think is going up tomorrow. They seem oddly relaxed.

Paul rejoins the HOH conversation and Christmas leaves. Matt volunteers again to throw Safety. Paul volunteers too. Matt says Paul's got a better shot of winning so they agree Matt throws and plays in POV. Alex wants to talk to Marlena with Matt and try and sell all three of them as pawns together so Marlena don't feel targeted. They think the POV or Safety might be a Simon type game with the sounds. Mark comes in and busts up the real talk for some BS talk about the Safety and sounds.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Christmas telling Elena that she hates that Jessica left so salty at her. They discuss Jess' lack of perspective and unwillingness to accept that she put herself in that position with her decisions.

Paul asks Mark why Cody was trying to get votes for Jess when he couldn't get enough. Raven says he was just trying to make it look like she was a target. Paul says that's stupid. I agree, but it was the actual plan because Jody were just running on pettiness. Alex thinks Cody was trying to stack sympathy votes and flip things. She notes that Cody's been being nice to her since HOH.

Paul, Mark, and Alex test Josh on the sounds since he wasn't studying when they thought it was HOH. He's actually got them down pretty well since he was testing people.

Josh volunteers for Have Not after all. Alex would like 2 more volunteers. Mark opposite of volunteers.

Raven's sketched out to Matt about something with the plan but both Matt and I can't figure out what. I guess Raven's dumb and thinks its better to keep Elena off the block as a backup target and doesn't realize that Elena and Mark both up means one stays up. I can't follow her at all. She wants Josh to throw the Safety and Alex to nom Mark and Matt for 3 men playing in POV. This is dumb and Matt seems to agree but doens't want to say it. He says Raven can talk to Alex if she wants. Raven thinks it will look suspicious if Matt throws the Safety and that if Alex nominates him it will look like they're not working together. Who is Raven trying to fool here? Cody? Mark now agrees that it looks "sketchy" if he's on the block next to Mark and Elena. I guess they're trying to stay good with Marlena? That's just going to piss the singles off.

Maven present their thing to Alex, Paul, Christmas, and Josh. It gets amended to putting Paul up as a pawn in Elena's place to get their best competitors. Paul's deflecting as the Safety being the main concern and they can figure out the noms after that, They tell him not to gently caress around like he did with last weeks and he apologizes for joking around during it. Josh thinks Cody's going to throw it. Raven doesn't think Cody knows the noises.

As soon as Maven leaves everyone agrees Maven were sketchy. Josh thinks Raven was campaigning for him to go up. Paul says she was pushing for Christmas to go up. Paul thinks they're protecting Elena. Jason is confused and thinks Maven were going to go after Paul with Cody for some reasons having to do with the Kevin/Cody thing. They bring up Maven sleeping in the same room as Jody all week. Josh says they can't turn on them because it will flips the numbers. Alex thinks they're trying to keep Elena safe as a number. Audio in the HOH sucks and they're all frantically whispering over each other. Josh keeps pushing what a liar Elena is and they keep assuring him they know. They want to know why Kevin's been "wigged out" lately. Josh says he's old and needs a break. Alex says he was trying to work something with Cody on the side and they all agree Kevin's was stupid about trusting that Cody would keep his deal. Jason saying that Cody is just pushing that they have to get Paul out because Production protects him. Paul's worried Kevin is buying into that since he didn't tell him anything about it. Alex says if Kevin's not winning comps or going on the block he needs to at least be sharing info and not playing secret side games. Christmas says Kevin got really upset with her she didn't tell him about the Ring. They say you can't because Kevin talks too much. Josh thinks when it comes down to it Kevin will be loyal. Josh keeps going over the Elena thing and everyone jokes around that he's said it 100 times. Alex assures him that they saw that Josh was a good dude and have always been good with him even when they pretended they weren't, and its the reverse with Elena. They're just pretending to be good with her until they backdoor her. Josh doesn't know why Raven is trying to get him up and Christmas says so she can campaign against him if things go wrong.

Paul sends Josh to go get Kevin. Kevin doesn't wanna. Eventually Josh gets a grump Kevin to get out of bed.

Elena goes to HOH in the interim and they BS about Jody. Now Elena's talking about sex. Kevin comes up and they bullshit why he was called up since Elena is there and he gets annoyed. Elena complains that no one laughed at her speech. Christmas says that they way Cody and Jess were looking at each other she thought he wa sgoing to propose. Elena didn't see it so Paul and Christmas recreate it.

Elena leaves after thanking everyone for saving her. They call her stupid for thinking she was going. Elena says she just wants to show her appreciation and not be a dick about it like some people. *coughJessicacough*

With Elena gone they tell Kevin to be careful what he says to Cody because he lied about that deal and will use things against them. Kevin isn't really following and says he hasn't seen Cody. Paul says he was telling Jason that they had to get rid of Paul. Kevin says he didn't tell him that and promised to protect Paul. Kevin says it doesn't matter anymore which is why he voted out Jess. Kevin wants Matt up in place of Mark because "Mark's a dunce". They explain to Kevin that they don't want to piss Maven off and risk losing numbers for HOH. Josh and Alex bail to keep things from getting too suspicious. As he always does Kevin's just turned it into a joke fest away from game.

Jason: Matt doesn't give a gently caress about the game. He just wants to go to Jury.
Christmas: Matt just wants to drink.
Paul: He's just making you think that. If he was so comfortable why does she keep batting for him?
Christmas: Because he protects her. They're a good team. Without him who's she gonna hang out with? She doesn't hang out with anyone else.
Kevin: I tell you right now... she'll grab him [Paul]. Comb his hair, put the grease in his hair.
Christmas: Matt 2.0!

Kevin: I would have told Cody to leave me alone. Go talk to someone else. You're loving little, you're in the Air Force. You have no loving tattoos. Anyone in the military has a tattoo somewhere. You got drunk some night and put one somewhere. Maybe its upside down on his rear end. We didn't check his rear end and balls. Maybe we should check his rear end and balls.

Paul: With the amount of disdain Matt has for Cody there's no loving way they have the same... there's no way.
Jason: You don't think they could be really good at it?
Paul: No! He's dumb as wood!
Kevin: You guys give Matt a lot of credit. I call him the Professor as a joke. I mean the Professor on Gilligan's Island. The one that couldn't get them off even though people kept coming and going. They had a radio, smoke bombs, they couldn't get off the island. They just stayed to gently caress the girls.

Paul: That prick naps 8 times and day and showers 6 times.
Kevin: Something happened to him when he was little. He got lost in the woods for two years or some poo poo like that. Little Red Riding Hood. He's walking in circles. For Halloween he never even Trick or Treated. He was afraid to go out there. "The monsters are coming, don't let them in!"

Paul: He takes nail clippers to his beard...
Kevin: You don't have to tell me, I want to get rid of him. You want to keep him. I don't care if you're in love with her, we don't have to keep him.

Kevin: I say you put all of them up just to make them pack their poo poo. Matt ain't got nothing so you won't put that motherfucker up. He came with a t-shirt, he's leaving with it. They don't let him on the plane like that. You hide his t-shirt he's hosed. He'll be walking around naked. He brought in 37 pairs of underwear and a t-shirt. Who does that?
Christmas: I don't think he has underwear.
Kevin: He's wearing hers.

Kevin: We figured out a lot. Lets go to bed.
Paul: This was...
Christmas: Productive.

For your edification Matt wears the same 2 shirts all the time. Its weird. He's very low key weird.

Life in the BB House without Jody.

Josh: Dance with me?
Matt: No. I'll cramp.

To the heartbreak of many angry feedsters Paul survived the pretzel.

Cotato
Mar 25, 2002

Is it weird that its this late in the season and so many of them seem to get along on a personal level? I dont remember any recent seasons being like this but my memory might not be that great.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

Cody claims that he threatened Josh because he knows that production doesn't want anything to happen so he knew they'd tell Josh to stay away and then Jess would get some peace. "I knew what I was doing."

This is the most infuriating part tbh

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cotato posted:

Is it weird that its this late in the season and so many of them seem to get along on a personal level? I dont remember any recent seasons being like this but my memory might not be that great.

I think a lot of everyone's hate was laser focused toward Jess and Cody. Once Cody is gone, you'll see that fracture and they'll start to bicker amongst themselves.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You got glimpses of the cracks forming this week with Josh and Christmas making a small initial push to evict Elena. A few of them are at least aware that they can't just let Paul dictate every HOH going forward, it's just that Jess and Cody were so garbage that they take precedence.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Max posted:

You got glimpses of the cracks forming this week with Josh and Christmas making a small initial push to evict Elena. A few of them are at least aware that they can't just let Paul dictate every HOH going forward, it's just that Jess and Cody were so garbage that they take precedence.

I think Christmas and Paul are the brains of the house.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Max posted:

To be fair, none of them trust Marlena very much, but there was a split between focusing down Jody and Marlena. Kevin's Maven bashing seems more like a legitimate crack, and it seems clear that Kevin legitimately likes Jody and isn't on board the hate train with the rest of the house.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Matt is my favorite because it's like he just walked in off the street

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
For some reason Jess is spending her time trying to get on Amazing Race and bad mouthing Raven.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Cody and Jess would be such a trainwreck couple on AR that I totally support this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Matt's a very interesting character because on one hand he's like the most vanilla, nothing, recruit ever created in a lab but on the other hand he takes 6 showers a day and only wears the same 2 shirts he never washes, he literally licks every plate clean and doesn't use utensils, and he finds almost every joke told in the house to be the funniest thing he's ever heard.

Dude's weird in a way that is somehow boring and intriguing at the same time.

sbaldrick posted:

For some reason Jess is spending her time trying to get on Amazing Race and bad mouthing Raven.

The reason is she's desperate for attention, incredibly petty, and Cody told her she should try and get them on Amazing Race because they wouldn't have to actually get along with anyone on that show.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Appears that Mark won Safety and Matt tanked to get third nominee.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Safety Comp is done. Mark won safety. Sounds like Matt threw and is the third nom. Elena is a definite nom but the second is unclear. They probably want to backdoor Cody but they're setting themselves up for a situation where Cody could win and save Elena and they'd have no targets. That's a bit of a stretch but its not impossible. So expect some HOH panic but right now everyone's cooking in the kitchen.

I mean, besides Cody who is sitting alone staring at the ceiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Haven't watched TAR in ages, but are Yields and U-Turns still a thing? There were definitely PVP aspects to TAR last I watched, so being assholes to everyone definitely wouldn't be a good move.

• Locked thread