Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most anticipated new feature
Support for direct neural interface controls
Custom formable internet subculture system
Special mechanics for the Avocado Wars
Province destruction mechanics
View Results

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You're thinking of executioner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I always do the probate run because then the game asks to make so the decisions instead of letting the ai leader do it.
It's how you get to mix policies. I have this utterly fascist border policy, a complete libertarian health care and 100% socialized military economy.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I just downloaded the "Songs of the Second American Civil War" DLC music pack. Which of the balkanized post-USA factions should I play as for the best turbofolk themes?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

cascadia and doing the journal entry that gets you mao's reincarnation and then sweeping into california is a classic one

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

I just downloaded the "Songs of the Second American Civil War" DLC music pack. Which of the balkanized post-USA factions should I play as for the best turbofolk themes?

Carter's South Virginian Liberation Army

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

DrSunshine posted:

I don't have the guide in front of me but there's an easter egg where if you time the end of prohibition and leaded fuels then ethenol becomes the transition fuels before the green tech tree really opens.
This will unlock an Appalachian moonshine Republic, and if you're into folk just leave the pause menu up

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

do note that getting rid of leaded fuels early makes population opinion management a lot harder no matter which game or update version you’re playing

Hypernormalization strats in particular just break down; if you’re doing a run as an oil-poor polity you can use diplomatic clout to force a worldwide abolition policy and watch the United States just completely dissolve into warring factions within a couple of decades (depends on how far in you are, the later you do this the faster their collapse goes, in general).

if they’ve started any of their psychic tree options early they’ll be able to hold on to the population but the economic shifts will still squeeze them

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

LonsomeSon posted:

do note that getting rid of leaded fuels early makes population opinion management a lot harder no matter which game or update version you’re playing

microplastics takes over from leaded fuels in the early 02000s in recent versions

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/nise_yoshimi/status/1787831016859861434

everytime i try a usa democracy run i remember that i get endless popup spam that i can't disable because of my ruling government ideology that needs to control the whole world

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

BrotherJayne posted:

The pacified populous modifier is pretty good tho

Actually, that modifier is there so other political factions don't spring up (which could potentially lead to your laws changing).

Neoliberal Rot is basically designed to softlock your game if you don't get rid of it immediately.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/susannecraig/status/1788162985527058703

Are presidents supposed to have brainworms?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It must be assigning them based on percentages. Grave excavations from that time showed 30-40% of bodies have signs of grimascilum hartaontoni remains embedded in the skull but it wasn't until 2072 that they developed a test that could detect them. Seems ahistorical to have it detected this early, might want to submit a bug report on that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

only if they’re psionic ones

I think this one is a joke event

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Brainworms was rumored to be a feature in every candidate but now they made the comedic relief carry one as a gag

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

LonsomeSon posted:

Hypernormalization strats in particular just break down; if you’re doing a run as an oil-poor polity you can use diplomatic clout to force a worldwide abolition policy and watch the United States just completely dissolve into warring factions within a couple of decades (depends on how far in you are, the later you do this the faster their collapse goes, in general).

if they’ve started any of their psychic tree options early they’ll be able to hold on to the population but the economic shifts will still squeeze them

A fun parallel to the leaded fuel option (and relevant to the last few posts) is the toxoplasmosis + hypernormalization combo, the malus is totally invisible but then you check thr files and like half of your population is infected and suddenly you have 200 million people with the ethics attraction "the ends justify the means"

I haven't bothered going down this event chain because I fell for the anti-feral cat noob trap in my "Australia" run

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

when you see that event think “would you still vote for me if I were a worm?!” then laugh and move on

unless you’re running a game start which allows early psychic breakthroughs, then it’s funny and someone is rolling failures on early parasitic brain hacks. if this is happening to a politician in your run’s US, or PRC, buckle the gently caress up because that empire is about to do some wild poo poo in pursuit of a goal which makes no sense because it comes from whoever first started damaging the Veil

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

is this thread just succ zone 2 or what

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

characters with the kennedy trait have a hidden modifier that raises the chance of rolling brain damage by a whole lot

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022
Some of that brain damage is more severe than others. I once had one whose brain just exploded randomly while visiting Texas

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

No, but he's also not supposed to be President. Did you mess up your Kennedy.JSON file?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

chrome line posted:

Some of that brain damage is more severe than others. I once had one whose brain just exploded randomly while visiting Texas

Yeah, very rarely their heads just do that.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

No, but he's also not supposed to be President. Did you mess up your Kennedy.JSON file?

I'm using the mod that turns the prime historical seed off.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Danann posted:

cascadia and doing the journal entry that gets you mao's reincarnation and then sweeping into california is a classic one

I did this, thanks, and have been rewarded by blasting "Avtillerija Bostonska - 2052 TRAP REMIX" as my 20/4 AR15 Militia divisions crossed the Cascades, which if I'm not mistaken, is completely ahistorical, either that or I installed the wrong language pack. Submitted bug report.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

DrSunshine posted:

I did this, thanks, and have been rewarded by blasting "Avtillerija Bostonska - 2052 TRAP REMIX" as my 20/4 AR15 Militia divisions crossed the Cascades, which if I'm not mistaken, is completely ahistorical, either that or I installed the wrong language pack. Submitted bug report.

Have you bought all the DLC? They have a pretty limited music library unless you do. If that isn't it, check your leaders maybe? I've had some issues with the nationality flags there

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

yes but you have to reformat your post to be the one joke

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Best Friends posted:

it’s a stupid bug where if the character last name happens to be the same as the first name then it treats the character focus as the last name. the community patch fixes this so he’s correctly listed as David David

Thanks, now I understand why one of my candidates got assassinated by "Sirhan Assassination Scapegoat"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

lumpentroll posted:

Succ Zone is just a let's play of Dawn of Chaos 1