Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
then v-reversal your way out of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My reactions are delayed by 8 posts.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

General Morden posted:

then v-reversal your way out of it

Mine unsafe on block

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

sf5 is making some people nostalgic about sfxtekken

wtf

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

General Morden posted:

wtf

Just wait until mvci comes out and people are waxing poetic about mvc3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hoping against hope its fun

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Hoping against hope its fun

I think it probably will be but then again I think sf5 is fun

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

chilldog teach me sfxtekken

make a sfxtekken vid

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jmcrofts posted:

I think it probably will be but then again I think sf5 is fun

Me too except for how miserable the experience is on a tech level

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

General Morden posted:

wtf

As someone who played SFxT too much the game is it's own brand of poo poo but some people really had fun with it so more power to them :shrug: I think scramble mode was fun and the 2 player mode for one team was pretty cool but that's about it.

Also, as much flak as SF5 gets (deservedly so), it's miles ahead of SFxT. There's this "honest" and "footsies-based" gameplay meme because some characters had incredibly safe, hitconfirmable pokes that convert into too much damage and oki. The reality is the footsies in that game at a high level are pretty fake; it's more about throwing hitboxes around that are safer/more rewarding than your opponent's and it gets tiring pretty quick to work around that even if you have similar tools.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

you can never have enough damage or oki

that's why gg is so cool

can never have too much of a good thing

: )

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

playing gg after sfv is so nice

apple
May 18, 2003

General Morden posted:

you can never have enough damage or oki

that's why gg is so cool

can never have too much of a good thing

: )

I know this is sarcastic but GG definitely makes it work thanks to a wealth of options for movement, defense as well as bursts

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

apple posted:

I know this is sarcastic but GG definitely makes it work thanks to a wealth of options for movement, defense as well as bursts

not being sarcastic!

i love gg! it's a lot of fun! i'd probably play it more if the local scene around here played it, but alas, i play sf5 (not as begrudgingly as some of the other posters here) because it has a lively scene.

and what you say is true, yes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

is jam ok in revelator

shes fun for me

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is jam ok in revelator

shes fun for me

She's a lot better than she was at release at least

I've seen people refer to her as B tier but I don't know how accurate that is.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is jam ok in revelator

shes fun for me

you can make basically any character work in rev

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is jam ok in revelator

shes fun for me

5HS loops very strong and cheap

you can also do funny parry gimmicks and style on people's bursts

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

cool

i need to play more

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
https://twitter.com/XianMSG/status/806238660353892352

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

General Morden posted:

wtf

None of those people have actually tried to play strekken recently, and are going by memory alone

SF5 is a masterpiece in comparison

Remember SFxT Evo debut? Dear god what a shitshow

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

General Morden posted:

anytime you kd someone in sf5 it's almost always going to be a 50/50 situation for the person waking up

that's why you get those throw loop situations (because you guessed wrong)

mika (RIP) could make it even more stacked because her options could cover multiple wake up options, especially in the corner

so it's reminiscent of sf4 vortex

Is this different from overhead/low because overheads are generally reactable?

One of the things that put me off this game is that meaties can't be eyeballed because nothing has active frames. Took a look at Juri's meaty setup list and :yikes:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
SF5 is too vanilla right now. That's my biggest complaint. Was honestly hoping for an additional super/additional v-trigger for the whole cast. Although I suppose that's a lot more work than farming out a new character to a random freelancer every couple of months. But that's what worries me about SF5: it's never going to have a "super" whatever, which means the developers will have less time to make big changes.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

re: input delay

https://twitter.com/XianMSG/status/806306739280719872?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If true input delay now less than sf4(sf4 was 5f). Although i'd wait on patch notes before saying its gospel.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Dec 7, 2016

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

does input lag even matter at this point? i didnt find the game to be more fun when i turned off vsync on pc and apparently got back 3 frames.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
It won't magically make the game good, but vsync off definitelly feels way better.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

He should probably ask for World Peace instead if he's going to ask for impossible things.

Otakufag
Aug 23, 2004
If you haven't been playing sfv on pc with vsync off and a gsync/freesync monitor to avoid tearing you're a scrub.

apple
May 18, 2003

4f will make season 1 feel like it's been underwater all this time, it should make the game feel a LOT better

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Im so bored with this game is started playing birdie

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
SRK put up an article yesterday titled "UltraDavid and Vicious Give Capcom Stern Criticism Leading Up to Season 2, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite", but I guess somebody didn't' like that because it's been taken down. Google has a cached version here. It's really just a couple of paragraphs summarizing an interview with Yahoo eSports. Ultra David goes out of his way to stress how much he likes the gameplay, even though he hates everything about the game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Taking off my training clothes that I had weighted with 4 extra frames.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

How much does that delay matter?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fenn the Fool! posted:

SRK put up an article yesterday titled "UltraDavid and Vicious Give Capcom Stern Criticism Leading Up to Season 2, Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite", but I guess somebody didn't' like that because it's been taken down. Google has a cached version here. It's really just a couple of paragraphs summarizing an interview with Yahoo eSports. Ultra David goes out of his way to stress how much he likes the gameplay, even though he hates everything about the game.

Yeah even gameplay aside, so much of the presentation is amateur hour. I feel like the threads mostly moved on to talking about gameplay issues, but as someone who just picked the game up on sale last month I'm just discovering all these things first hand. Little things that don't seem like a big deal, but make you go "why the gently caress isn't this an option." Stuff like no rebinding keys on PC, no directinput support. I was at a buddies house playing the game with him for the first time and was like "oh, you should check out Rashid's theme, it's the signature music to come out of the game so far" and then discovered that there's no option to select background music in versus, despite it being an option online. So with the game literally in front of us I queued it up on youtube.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
4f will be a ton better but movement is still anemic so does it really matter?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

General Morden posted:

wtf

I dunno if this counts as nostalgia but strekken 2013 is genuinely better than sf5 because it has a niche.

sf5 is just a bad street fighter game with lots of blatantly terrible decisions and a lack of polish in basically every aspect.

strekken is a bad street fighter game with lots of blatantly terrible decisions and a lack of polish in basically every aspect. but you also have tekken characters, tekken juggles, 2v2 mode and funny meme dialogue like gief fighting a bear.

what I'm saying is that strekken has solid-if-stupid reasons that you'd play it over literally any other fighting game besides "it's the newest game with SF in the title", sf5 doesn't.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
SfxT is more fun in training mode and has way way more content than sfv. The only place sfv supposedly improves on is netcode (a lie, given the lag and horrible implementation) and how tolerable competitive play is, and im starting to think v2013 has more legs than current sfv.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

sfxt is a genuinely fun training mode game, i'll give it that

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
Electric wind god fist was the best thing to happen to street fighter since a2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It's me, the person who still likes SF5. Mind you, I basically skipped SF4 until like last year, so my frame of reference is probably not great.