Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

A guy who had been dating his previous gf for 8 years with no engagement wanted me to be his next gf and there's no way I would given his absolutely intense avoidance of anything resembling commitment.

I feel like just based on that information a) you're being judgmental of their relationship and assuming that all successful relationships must end in marriage and b) 8 years with someone is commitment duder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I'm a few pages late but I like Mirthless's hair! I think it's thick enough that he pulls it off.
You guys can be so mean!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Wasn't there a really sweet beard story where the girlfriend confronted her boyfriend about his long nasty beard and he was all "don't you remember when I promised your dead grandpa that I'd marry you when my beard was as along as his" and so he shaved and they got engaged?

Yup. The OP painted it as the most obnoxious thing and the beard was pretty gross and everyone in the family universally loved it (because they were all in on the bit) but the update plot twist made the whole thing really cute.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Pick posted:

The gross, overgrown beard is a loving plague here in Portland, and I hate hate hate hate hate it.
I feel like it's not as bad as it was here in Brooklyn as it used to be, but I still regularly see guys with massive, obtrusive lumberjack beards on the train.

Half of the time they're well-kept and trimmed, but just huge. I have a hard time imagining how they go about kissing someone/getting intimate with all that beard in the way :confused:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

I feel like just based on that information a) you're being judgmental of their relationship and assuming that all successful relationships must end in marriage and b) 8 years with someone is commitment duder.

haha well it wasn't a successful relationship because she dumped him

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Zelder posted:

if a dog could write and also have serious relationship problems it would look exactly like this

Hahah, you summed this up in a way that I agree with entirely yet wasn't sure how to articulate

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sorry for the double post!

Pick posted:

I'd need an anti-depressant if I were with that dickhead.

But yeah, most women are extremely cognizant of their weight, it's not like we need to be reminded when we're up 5lbs, we loving know.

Ive seen it so many times on Reddit. My girlfriend is gaining weight and eating junk food! Oh she's in grad school and works two jobs but isn't exercising and now she's fat! She says she's tired but how can I tell her she's a fat fat fat politely? I told her once already but she flipped. All that poo poo.
SHE KNOWS.
Like, if you're going to lose your boner instantaneously when your partner packs it on a bit, maybe you don't actually like them!

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 18, 2017

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Does common law marriage let you make medical decisions for your spouse?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Ive seen it so many times on Reddit. My girlfriend is gaining weight and eating junk food! Oh she's in grad school and works two jobs but isn't exercising and now she's fat! All that poo poo.
SHE KNOWS.
Like, if you're going to lose your boner instantaneously when your partner packs it on a bit, maybe you don't actually like them!

He, on the other hand, just has "dad bod"

which, when you think about it, is a celebration of body positivity. if only his dumb bitch of a girlfriend could understand and exercise more so she can deserve these rolls

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

the fact that he mentions the gym and poo poo makes me think its a really trivial amount of gain too.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Wasn't there a really sweet beard story where the girlfriend confronted her boyfriend about his long nasty beard and he was all "don't you remember when I promised your dead grandpa that I'd marry you when my beard was as along as his" and so he shaved and they got engaged?

The story for reference:

I [28F] hate my boyfriend's [28M] beard.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
As a man who can't grow a decent beard I can't wait for the beard trend to pass.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do I (29F) tell my husband (27M) he's getting fat

u/HIITBunny7m

I love my husband. He's great and ridiculously handsome.

Before we got together, about ten years ago, he was super fat. He's 6'1 and he was 300 lbs at one time. He started working out and lost about 90lbs. He was a bit chubby when I met him, about 210lbs, but he was still VERY attractive. He looks kind of like a chubby Charlie Hunam.

I run and I'm starting to get into lifting weights. I'm also a member of the former fatties club (lost about 80lbs years ago before I met hubby) so I've been very careful with diet and exercise so I never get there again. I'm about 5'2 or 5'3 and I've been between 120-130lbs the entire time we've been together.

Recently, he's been super stressed at work and has started putting on weight. He's gained about 30lbs. He's still gorgeous and I love him no matter what but the sex is definitely not the same, he's tired all the time, and I'm scared of he keeps this up I'll be burying him at a young age.

It's not so much the weight itself that's bothering me. He refuses to got to the gym with me (he hates cardio but once a week, he used to go on runs with me) and he eats McDonald's all the time now (probably once or twice a week) when all of our food was cooked at home in the past. I'm convinced that the fast food is loving up his insides but he hasn't gone to the Dr so idk.

Am I being dramatic? Do you think it's just stress and he'll go back to normal when things calm down at work? Is he on a slippery slope to obesity?

TL;DR Husband gained weight, he's tired all the time. I'm worried about his health. How to tell him he's fat and needs to get healthier?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I feel like it's not as bad as it was here in Brooklyn as it used to be, but I still regularly see guys with massive, obtrusive lumberjack beards on the train.

Half of the time they're well-kept and trimmed, but just huge. I have a hard time imagining how they go about kissing someone/getting intimate with all that beard in the way :confused:

I don't care if they're well-kept, they're worn by men who work in loving purchasing departments and poo poo, who instruct their children on how to kick the water bottle vending machine at Costco and hold up the line because the complain about the menu being "too many carbs but not enough for loading" and okay I'm sorry I was behind this guy in line like two days ago and I'm still irritated

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You are doing God's work, but some of the formatting in your first post is broken.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zakharov posted:

As a man who can't grow a decent beard I can't wait for the beard trend to pass.

Beards are good

(If you aren't a grossboy)

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

Zelder posted:

i feel like at that point if you aren't developing a fighting style based around your haircut you're just wasting your potential

Agreed! My hair is currently at the small of my back and I'd like to grow it for maybe another year. Even as a woman, I personally worry that my hair just wouldn't look good longer than a certain point because it's so thin.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

legsarerequired posted:

Agreed! My hair is currently at the small of my back and I'd like to grow it for maybe another year. Even as a woman, I personally worry that my hair just wouldn't look good longer than a certain point because it's so thin.

Ugh same

I keep mine about 2-3" below the bottom of my shoulderblades. Any longer and I worry I look like a church girl. You know the type.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I believe that everything that applies to a regular marriage applies to a common law marriage, but the separation process is marginally less complicated

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Themata posted:

So men with beards are sometimes gross and sometimes not, but what about women? :colbert:

Thanks! Should be all fixed now.

A dwarven lass with a neatly trimmed, close-cropped beard or a halfling maiden with meaty muttonchops are quite fetching. I'm not exactly into braided dwarven chest hair and halfling foot-tuft dreadlocks, but to each their own. #beautyatanysizeclass

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 18, 2017

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Pick posted:

I don't care if they're well-kept, they're worn by men who work in loving purchasing departments and poo poo, who instruct their children on how to kick the water bottle vending machine at Costco and hold up the line because the complain about the menu being "too many carbs but not enough for loading" and okay I'm sorry I was behind this guy in line like two days ago and I'm still irritated

"I don't like beards, so here's a stupid rant about men that has nothing to do with beards."

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

not all beards

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
So men with beards are sometimes gross and sometimes not, but what about women? :colbert:

HardDiskD posted:

You are doing God's work, but some of the formatting in your first post is broken.

Thanks! Should be all fixed now.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

hey, I get it, you spend long seasons out in the frontier logging with the other lumberjacks you start to forget the little social niceties of civilization

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

How do I (29F) tell my husband (27M) he's getting fat

u/HIITBunny7m

I love my husband. He's great and ridiculously handsome.

Before we got together, about ten years ago, he was super fat. He's 6'1 and he was 300 lbs at one time. He started working out and lost about 90lbs. He was a bit chubby when I met him, about 210lbs, but he was still VERY attractive. He looks kind of like a chubby Charlie Hunam.

I run and I'm starting to get into lifting weights. I'm also a member of the former fatties club (lost about 80lbs years ago before I met hubby) so I've been very careful with diet and exercise so I never get there again. I'm about 5'2 or 5'3 and I've been between 120-130lbs the entire time we've been together.

Recently, he's been super stressed at work and has started putting on weight. He's gained about 30lbs. He's still gorgeous and I love him no matter what but the sex is definitely not the same, he's tired all the time, and I'm scared of he keeps this up I'll be burying him at a young age.

It's not so much the weight itself that's bothering me. He refuses to got to the gym with me (he hates cardio but once a week, he used to go on runs with me) and he eats McDonald's all the time now (probably once or twice a week) when all of our food was cooked at home in the past. I'm convinced that the fast food is loving up his insides but he hasn't gone to the Dr so idk.

Am I being dramatic? Do you think it's just stress and he'll go back to normal when things calm down at work? Is he on a slippery slope to obesity?

TL;DR Husband gained weight, he's tired all the time. I'm worried about his health. How to tell him he's fat and needs to get healthier?

Skinny women who love big ol' fat dudes always makes me laugh, I wonder if there's any weird feeder ladies out there who've gotta make their men fatter, like there is with dudes? :allears:

I think she's right to be concerned, he is on a slippery slope right now to getting fatter, but he was already quite fat when they got together. Healthy weight for a dude of that height is around 180lbs, and that's assuming a big frame. If he was 300lbs before, the dude had a legitimate problem with food - addiction level problem - and if he's eating fast food all the time and has gained 30lbs in a "recent" timeframe I think it's fair to say he's relapsing and something needs to be done before he eats himself into an early grave.

I feel bad for him because I have struggled with my weight, I was 300lbs once, I'm still not a healthy weight now, but I know that the only time I've seen a serious spike back towards my old weight was when I was stress eating candy by the fistfull. I eventually got my poo poo together and lost the weight again but my wife had to be on me kind of relentlessly about not buying junk when we were out of the house. Losing weight is hard, esp. if you're depressed and dealing with a lot of stress. I hope she can get through to him and help him lose the weight.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 18, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
embrace your hair growth people

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mirthless posted:

Skinny women who love big ol' fat dudes always makes me laugh, I wonder if there's any weird feeder ladies out there who've gotta make their men fatter, like there is with dudes? :allears:

Anna Faris

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

remigious posted:

I'm a few pages late but I like Mirthless's hair! I think it's thick enough that he pulls it off.
You guys can be so mean!

It at least looks healthy, and if he likes it who really cares. Though the goatee is just bad.

The problem with long hair on guys is that a vast majority of guys that have hair that long either don't take care of it or don't have the hair for it. Long hair on guys is basically the non-haircut (in that it's not really cut to a style, it's just long all over), and unless you've got a nice full head of thick hair (and are willing to take care of it), it's going to look like a thin, shapeless oil soaked mess going down your back.

I dont have the hair for long hair (widows peak and thin in the back) so I will never try it. I'm sadly probably about 3-4 years from having to do just a short buzz all around.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Not every man can maintain the mane of Sam Elliot.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

Ugh same

I keep mine about 2-3" below the bottom of my shoulderblades. Any longer and I worry I look like a church girl. You know the type.
To be fair, church girls do tend to have really nice hair.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Pick posted:

Anna Faris

hahaha wow i didn't know this

Chris Pratt getting all muscly for movie roles as a leading man and meanwhile all she wants to do is shove a funnel in his mouth and pour cake batter down it

membranoid
Feb 25, 2001

fart huffer
semen chugger
Anyone else think the heartless girl in the dad suicide story, is likely turning into a drug addict?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ouhei posted:

It at least looks healthy, and if he likes it who really cares. Though the goatee is just bad.

The problem with long hair on guys is that a vast majority of guys that have hair that long either don't take care of it or don't have the hair for it. Long hair on guys is basically the non-haircut (in that it's not really cut to a style, it's just long all over), and unless you've got a nice full head of thick hair (and are willing to take care of it), it's going to look like a thin, shapeless oil soaked mess going down your back.

I dont have the hair for long hair (widows peak and thin in the back) so I will never try it. I'm sadly probably about 3-4 years from having to do just a short buzz all around.

Having long hair as a guy is the only way to have hair that actually looks like something, even if that something is usually "bad".

And I am also in the camp of waiting for the beard trend to die, because my facial hair growth is probably outdone by fourteen year olds. At least I don't have to shave often, though.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

membranoid posted:

Anyone else think the heartless girl in the dad suicide story, is likely turning into a drug addict?

I doubt it. She's cheated on him before (for sure), and is probably cheating on him again, and that's why she's acting weird. She put the blame for his dad's suicide attempt on him so he wouldn't ask uncomfortable questions about what she was doing partying with a couple of guys that aren't him. Redirection is a classic cheater tactic.

You know what I find weird: Who the gently caress is together this long and still living in separate apartments/houses? it's one thing to not get married but if you can't even cohabitate after eight years somebody is way way way too attached to their independence.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

Wait until you learn about this thing called 'divorce.'

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

I said 'based on the information given' because it might very well be the case that he was a piece of poo poo slob man; I'm simply saying that just bc someone is with a person for a decade and hasn't gotten married that's not necessarily bc they're afraid of commitment.

:P

Mirthless posted:

You know what I find weird: Who the gently caress is together this long and still living in separate apartments/houses? it's one thing to not get married but if you can't even cohabitate after eight years somebody is way way way too attached to their independence.

Yeah that's hella weird.

Also I like your hair but I'm glad you shaved your face also you have nice skin.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Dienes posted:

Wait until you learn about this thing called 'divorce.'
:confused:

a marriage that ends in divorce is by definition a failure

whether that failure is anyone's fault in particular varies from marriage to marriage but the whole point of marriage is that it's a lifelong or close to lifelong commitment.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mirthless' hair looks fine. It's clear he takes care of it, which is the important thing.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Not in cool places like Illinois where we abolished common law 110 years ago. gently caress you, Henry II! Illinois has no king.

Illinois needs no king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Mirthless posted:

:confused:

a marriage that ends in divorce is by definition a failure

whether that failure is anyone's fault in particular varies from marriage to marriage but the whole point of marriage is that it's a lifelong or close to lifelong commitment.

Yes, that's my point. Pick was saying that a person in an 8-year relationship is somehow phobic of commitment as if marriage is the only thing that constitutes success or devotion. It does not.