Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I could see Regal pushing for his boy to get a chance to wrestle in Japan, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Watching Beepie get destroyed by Nakajima's kicks would be something

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

I could see Regal pushing for his boy to get a chance to wrestle in Japan, sure.

He was in New Japan's dojo until the pandemic.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Also this whole thing is loving confusing and I'm inclined to give All Japan the benefit of the doubt but WWE being near gives me the fear. I have no idea how I'd cope without All Japan

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
hmm who hates AEW and loves All Japan?

that's right forkboy84 is clearly HHH himself

wrestling has more than one poster promoter combo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looking through the NXT roster I barely know any of those fuckers so I hope it's Karl Fredericks if they won't send Dragunov to get his chest caved in

forkboy84 posted:

That's impressive, if only because I only know 18 people from that field. And I mean that in the broadest sense of know

I'm impressed Harry Dux got a shot considering he never gets any matches on the main card of my local promotion, I guess Taka put through anyone that could get to the venue and work for peanuts.

I want Hikaru Sato Vs Tomoka Inaba in the A Block finals, that should be rad

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 23, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if you toss out the risk that WWE is doing this to steal your best talent/run you out of business so it can take over I'm not sure how an NXT deal would work out for All Japan. I guess maybe getting some NXT talent to spice up under cards? But who in NXT can actually hang on top that'd be available besides a few guys

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i also don't really get why wwe is doing it, they have pretty much stopped letting guys work with affiliate promotions for experience. if they're swallowing up all japan that's whatever but this would be a weird way to start

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i hope it's tony d'angelo but he's got more of a noah vibe

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

i also don't really get why wwe is doing it, they have pretty much stopped letting guys work with affiliate promotions for experience. if they're swallowing up all japan that's whatever but this would be a weird way to start

Probably the appearance of playing nice with other companies to get talent to reup or to sign indy talent, testing the Japan market a little bit more without risking their own money, and also a way for them to maybe silently take over All Japan slowly (I'd imagine a more dramatic take over would really not go over well with All Japan's fans despite the current promotion being far removed from Baba's). Also of the companies that have name value it's probably the easiest for them to try and do a deal despite money being down all around. New Japan, NOAH, DDT, Stardom, TJPW and Dragongate all have solid ownership and companies like Big Japan and Wave probably are too small to bother with

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fez_machine posted:

hmm who hates AEW and loves All Japan?

that's right forkboy84 is clearly HHH himself

wrestling has more than one poster promoter combo

I have never torn a quad thank you

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

suddenly I wish it had been Ospreay after all

ah well, Ospreay has the whole Callis storyline to wrap up anyway

e: chances are that they're going to send Baron Corbin to poo poo it up

Venomous fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 24, 2023

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
OK are we sure this isn't some joke. I realise for some reason this video was played at a ridiculous hour in the morning for japan but there is nothing in the Tokyo sports where the tanahashi news went up within seconds with the njpw line they wanted to run. It was a very silly way of breaking the news that they will be working with the wwe.

It's hard to take completely at face value

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Tana news is definitely much bigger than this until there's a confirmed name. Considering how large WWE's and NXT's roster specifically is, and given their history with partnerships and how they've treated them normally, this shouldn't be seen as that big a deal by local fans beyond it being weird, and isn't on the level of something like Tana who everyone loves being made president of the biggest company there

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i hope the big nxt star is Kuroshio Tokyo Japan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

OK are we sure this isn't some joke. I realise for some reason this video was played at a ridiculous hour in the morning for japan but there is nothing in the Tokyo sports where the tanahashi news went up within seconds with the njpw line they wanted to run. It was a very silly way of breaking the news that they will be working with the wwe.

It's hard to take completely at face value

It would be odd to mention WWE as a joke. But then then video itself is odd. There's so far nothing about it on the AJPW website or Pro Wrestling/Martial Arts DX which is an official AJPW & NOAH news site.

gently caress knows

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hell, it could be Dragunov for all we know. It's not like the average NXT viewer follows All Japan.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Hell, it could be Dragunov for all we know. It's not like the average NXT viewer follows All Japan.

He's doing a concussion angle on NXT right now.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Pylons posted:

He's doing a concussion angle on NXT right now.

As we all know, if you do an injury angle in WWE, you can't do anything else. That's why John Cena couldn't film The Marine after being stabbed by Carlito's friend in 2004.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

i hope the big nxt star is Kuroshio Tokyo Japan

Sincerely would be the best outcome

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Sincerely would be the best outcome

If Nakajima has to sell the Jacket Punch again he might snap and concuss the entire roster

e: Peps on Twitter floated someone named Damon Kemp who was apparently in Diamond Mine with Hideki Suzuki in NXT, though no idea if he's decent

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 24, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/silvamore/status/1738725489630392532?t=ueZpcAgFAbZPHmks7u3SLg&s=19

Huh

Can't be worse than Necro Butcher was in BJW this year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

e: wrong thread lol, sorry if I spoiled anyone waiting to watch the D-Oh

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 24, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Final Gate starts in 3 hours. The lottery drawing was held for the 8-man (no Doi Darts, sadly), and Natural Vibes all randomly ended up on the same team lol

Kzy, Shimizu, Strong Machine J, and Naruki Doi vs Ultimo Dragon, BxB Hulk, Dragon Dia, and Shuji Kondo

Please do the Vibes dance Doi

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

forkboy84 posted:

It would be odd to mention WWE as a joke. But then then video itself is odd. There's so far nothing about it on the AJPW website or Pro Wrestling/Martial Arts DX which is an official AJPW & NOAH news site.

gently caress knows

Even now at 2.30pm jst with the Tokyo sports updating with the wk card, shibata being all elite, a story about maika and some wwe stuff unrelated to ajpw there is still no story. I'd just think it would be the type of thing they might want to get out into the news in the more traditional way rather than the president hitting himself in the head with a pan news drop at 3am jst

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Genki Horiguchi just hit the Beach Break for the first time in years. :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1738841362517168283

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://twitter.com/SondreBjorn/status/1738845621367222461
Naruki Doi learning the Natural Vibes dance is a Christmas present to me specifically.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Holy poo poo Kaito Kiyomiya and Alejandro just won the Open the Twin Gate belts

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

So apparently the replay for Final Gate doesn't go up on the network until the 26th. Which is bogus.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/EmeraldFlowShow/status/1739057379587633172

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:laffo:

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Did no one think to actually ask wwe about it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

So is it going to be one of those guys who got cut by WWE months back and just became available? Top Dolla? BOOGZ? Oh god, does Matt Riddle have a criminal record that could keep him out of Japan? For some reason I'm more feart than I was yesterday

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

So is it going to be one of those guys who got cut by WWE months back and just became available? Top Dolla? BOOGZ? Oh god, does Matt Riddle have a criminal record that could keep him out of Japan? For some reason I'm more feart than I was yesterday

Most of the AJPW fans on twitter I follow think this is just Jiro doing a bit.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Big WWE Superstar Yoshitatsu energy.

If it's not actually a big guest it just reinforces my feelings about how Kento vs Nakajima should be main eventing the Jan 3rd show

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

Most of the AJPW fans on twitter I follow think this is just Jiro doing a bit.

Feel like that would be super anticlimactic having a whole video announcing a guy who has already been back in the company over a month but :shrug: at least he can go, in his own way.

Although thinking about this, probably means Jiro ignored the 90 days non-compete, seeing he showed up on the 12th November. It'd be funny if all this fuss made WWE aware of that fact.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Feel like that would be super anticlimactic having a whole video announcing a guy who has already been back in the company over a month but :shrug: at least he can go, in his own way.

Although thinking about this, probably means Jiro ignored the 90 days non-compete, seeing he showed up on the 12th November. It'd be funny if all this fuss made WWE aware of that fact.

NXT no competes are only 30 days.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/alljapan_pw/status/1739073492082217303

Okay, well.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Deleted lmao. I mean it would have been weird for them to tease something that's not happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

emerald flowshow guy in the mud smdh