Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.
Or show up with the normal facial hair, and when someone says you were supposed to shave give them a smug smile and say "I did" :smuggo:

argh new page, content:

quote:

Hi Everyone,

I've hate posting to boards like this but I'm at my wits end. My GF of 5 years has been talking to her male "friend" for the last year despite my concerns. This friend has been a problem since we first started dating as he's tried to drive a wedge between us as I have my suspicious that he wants to be with her. At one point my GF and I broke up about 2 and half years ago for six months and when we got back together I told her I didn't want her talking to him anymore, as he is divisive and insulting towards us and me. She didn't talk to him up until the middle of last year.

I was very angry about this and we have fought many times about it. She says that he has changed but I'm pretty sure he's a total sociopath that says whatever he can to sleep with women (Slept with countless of my GFs old friends and all have a bad taste in their mouth about him). We've started to have major blowouts about this because she told me she slept with him while we are broken up. She refuses to cut him off and calls me abusive and suffocating about wanting that, because she says I want her to cut off her friends, which she claims is all they are now. I don't really feel okay about this so we still fight about it.

This all led up to last week after one of blowouts she tells me that she has slept with him multiple times through college and she only did it when she cheated on two of her exs. I didn't know until then that she cheated or that it was with him. This is even more of a concern to me as all I can see their relationship as is a back burner for each other. I don't feel like she's fully committed to me and all she does is call me abusive for wanting them to cut it off and arguing for it. I know I should most likely just leave but I really love her and it's hard. I'm not sure what to do at this point but I'm at my wits end.

TL;DR: Girlfriend refuses to stop talking to person she cheated with her exs on because he is a "friend". Scumbag actively drives a wedge between us and she thinks I'm abusive for wanting him gone.

Sometimes you just gotta know when you're the side piece

JosephSkunk fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Palpek posted:

Lmao at the corporate brain rot in action.

Lord of the Flies is a good and relevant book.

CheesyDog posted:

Yes, ruining HR's condescending "game" where employees root around in the dirt for money is a noble cause

What, no, it's a great idea, making your workers fight for eggs instead of giving them gifts and treating them like human beings

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's not worth getting upset that a guy wants to bang your girlfriend. It is worth getting upset that she let's him. Why don't these people save themselves the drama and just break up?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Labes for days posted:

The “mandatory cash value” gift is one of the least bizarre and entitled requirements in there. gently caress you, I’m not cutting my hair or shaving because it’s “your special day.”

I can just see the histrionics if someone showed up with long hair and a beard.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Labes for days posted:

The “mandatory cash value” gift is one of the least bizarre and entitled requirements in there. gently caress you, I’m not cutting my hair or shaving because it’s “your special day.”

I love the gift value requirement because I could plausibly claim to be poor enough not to be able to afford the gift and get an afternoon of my life back as a bonus.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I wish there was a way to gift a negative amount.

Apparently $300 would buy more than 200 lbs of lead.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

We had an easter egg hunt in my office today. It owned and was super fun because the person hiding the eggs did a great job with a mix of really hard to find eggs and eggs in plain sight. A person could "clear" a file cabinet or something but someone else goes over it again in more detail and find like 20 more eggs. There was just a minor $10 gift card for a coffee place as a prize and we all pooled our collected chocolates at the end. It was very non-competitive and fun and was mostly everyone complimenting the egg-hider on her locations.

Such a huge difference between that and a frantic hungry hungry hippo scramble in a desperate attempt to get some time off work at your miserable job.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Beachcomber posted:

I was thinking $300 worth of land on the moon/a star/etc and name it "your wedding sucks" or something else rude. $300 of lead sounds like a great plan. You could have it wrapped and arrive on a trailer. "I love my sister so much I had to get her a few gifts!"

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

quote:

WIBTA for not going to my sisters wedding because of the ridiculous "requirements"

Would I be an rear end if I skipped out on the wedding?

Dude/lady, your future brother-in-law wouldn't be an rear end if he skipped out on that wedding. Holy poo poo.

Run away. Everyone, run away.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
IDK, that wedding attendance requirement story sounds about as fake as anything I've ever read in this thread. If it hadn't been for the minimum gift or "you'll be asked to leave" it would have been a pretty good read. The appearance and photo requirements for guests along with not talking to the bride and groom alone would have spurred some pretty hot takes, but a gift minimum is just so over the top that everyone focuses on that.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

ilmucche posted:

I think you might be on the right track but gently caress is that worded poorly

Yeah, I apologize for that. I was half asleep and it sounded much better in that state.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

30,000 crickets . What an age we live in, to be able to cast a plague of locusts upon those who have sinned in our sight so affordably.

You can even make it a monthly subscription!

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

DemoneeHo posted:

What, no, it's a great idea, making your workers fight for eggs instead of giving them gifts and treating them like human beings

Our HR had a winter slips trips and falls meeting after somebody fell in the parking lot. She straight face told us to 'walk like a penguin' on the 100 yard stretch from the plant site and the parking lot. Our senior electrician spoke up "I am a 58 yeat old man"

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Willfrey posted:

Our HR had a winter slips trips and falls meeting after somebody fell in the parking lot. She straight face told us to 'walk like a penguin' on the 100 yard stretch from the plant site and the parking lot. Our senior electrician spoke up "I am a 58 yeat old man"

"Pay to salt the loving lot and I won't sue your asses to oblivion when I slip and fall"

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

30,000 crickets . What an age we live in, to be able to cast a plague of locusts upon those who have sinned in our sight so affordably.

You can even make it a monthly subscription!

Oh wow. You could also get dead frozen rats delivered to their doorstep for a year! Instruct UPS to just throw em over the fence.

If I was rich I'd be a terrible person.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
that is how being rich works, yes

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
This relationship has gone to the dogs!

quote:

BF 24 Me 23 Dating 1 year.

I have a dog. My boyfriend has 2. Right now we spend weekends together but he’s likely moving in with me just for summer (500 sq feet apt). & I’m starting to think I can’t handle his dogs. If we moved in together the thought of 10+ years in the situation makes me cringe.

& The problem isn’t the dogs, but more the lack of rules.

He allows them on my light colored couch with muddy feet, and their prints are everywhere. After I’ve told him I hate this. He used to feed them wet food on my couch, I at least stopped that.
He lets them all sleep in our queen size bed, so I have virtually no room. I bought both the dogs very nice dog beds and they like them, but he still lets them get under sheets and on top of bed. I’m disgusted by the dirty paws getting inside my sheets. I will fall asleep with them on floor but wake up to find he put them on the bed.
His dog has torn up a total of 260$ worth of my scarves and blankets. He said I shouldn’t have left them out, and nothing else happened.
He lets them hump his leg every night and my pillows. I think it’s super weird, but he doesn’t and laughs it off
His other dog has never been trained and has accidents weekly. At one point she literally poo poo ontop of my comforter while we were sleeping in it. She wasn’t sick, just doesn’t know better. She is so lazy and although she can jump, will bark until he picks her up. She was in dog attack accident at 1 (she’s now 6) so he just never trained her and refuses to discipline the dog because he feels bad. I’ve tried but I’m only around it so much.
My apartment only allows 2 dogs. I offered my parents to watch one of his dogs for the summer. He keeps telling me to stop stressing him out and he can’t pick a dog. He completely avoids the topic. I think he’s trying to wait me out and see if I give my dog to my parents instead.

I’m starting to think this may be a lifestyle difference? Some people aren’t bothered by dogs in sheets or on couch or accidents. But I am extremely bothered. I’m very clean and my own dog is raised to respect this. He thinks his dogs are people, and I just see them as animals. I love my dog to death but, she will survive sleeping on the floor. He seems to disagree.

I’ve talked to him multiple times. But he’s now convinced I just hate his dogs and am looking for reasons to complain. So it’s a touchy subject.

Our relationship is mostly great besides this and it’s definitely creating friction.

TLDR: He doesn’t train his dogs and lets them be messy. Is it irrational to abandon an otherwise good relationship because of his dogs?

:aaaaa:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Regarding burrito guy, what happens to the burrito if he has a few bites and then reports that it's the wrong order? Do they throw it away? Do the waitstaff eat it? Do they tell him to keep it?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

Regarding burrito guy, what happens to the burrito if he has a few bites and then reports that it's the wrong order? Do they throw it away? Do the waitstaff eat it? Do they tell him to keep it?

Depending on the establishment, they would let him keep it or throw it out. He would look like a regular person trying to rectify an honest mistake.

On the other hand, when he eats as much as he can before returning it, he looks like a guy trying to capitalize on an opportunity to get 2.75 burritos for the price of 1.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Okay but what if I eat 3/4 of it, get a new one, and then give the uneaten new one to a hungry homeless person? Surely I don't have to be rude about asking for a new burrito and someone gets to eat at Chipotle's expense instead of go hungry.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay but what if I eat 3/4 of it, get a new one, and then give the uneaten new one to a hungry homeless person? Surely I don't have to be rude about asking for a new burrito and someone gets to eat at Chipotle's expense instead of go hungry.

you go against the wall

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My personal favourite part of that is the smug "fine I guess I'll donate the price of a burrito to the food bank" in response to being called an rear end in a top hat. God drat what a snide douche

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Vim Fuego posted:

This relationship has gone to the dogs!

:aaaaa:

This couple should just have a few kids, that’ll straighten them out.

Fuck Your Website fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 18, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Andy Dufresne posted:

IDK, that wedding attendance requirement story sounds about as fake as anything I've ever read in this thread. If it hadn't been for the minimum gift or "you'll be asked to leave" it would have been a pretty good read. The appearance and photo requirements for guests along with not talking to the bride and groom alone would have spurred some pretty hot takes, but a gift minimum is just so over the top that everyone focuses on that.

Yeah, you'd think but...

Labes for days posted:

...where the hell does this guy live?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Today in self-owning news

quote:

I [20F] asked my boyfriend [20M] for too many details about his single life and now I’m regretting it
Relationships

A little bit of backstory: We dated for almost 2 years, and then we broke up but remained very close for 1.5 years. We just got back together at the beginning of 2019. Overall, we certainly have our share of issues but he is my best friend in the world and I love him with all my heart.

When we reunited in January, I asked for all the details of who he had hooked up with and exactly what events had transpired during the time that he was single. He was reluctant to tell me at first, because he didn’t want to hurt my feelings. I still insisted that it would help me to move on if all my questions were answered right then and there, because I wouldn’t be left wondering anything (I know, I know, my logic was completely ridiculous).

He ended up telling me all about the 2-3 trysts he had had, and I am now pretty much up to speed on the whole sequence of events. I even have the play-by-play for some of the sexual stuff. I think when the discussion took place, I kept pushing for information mainly out of morbid curiosity. I was so focused on reconciling our relationship that the knowledge didn’t even bother me at the time, and we just moved forward without any issue.

Fast forward to today. We’ve been back together for 3 months now, and things have settled back into our regular relationship routine. I guess now is the time when my brain has chosen to process all of the information I learned about in January, because all of a sudden I’m going through hell.

It’s been a couple weeks since the thoughts started taking over, but at this point I’m feeling completely heartbroken. The pain is real guys. I’ve been looking these girls up on social media, obsessing over them, comparing myself to them. I can’t sleep at night because there’s so much on my mind, and during the day I have to find distractions so that my thoughts don’t wander over to the visualizations of what happened. I’m even worried about the future of the relationship, because I’m now paranoid over the possibilities of what he could be doing.

I’m very aware of my character and I know this all adds up to me being an incredibly insecure person, but what’s done is done. I shouldn’t have asked to know those details but I did, and it’s all out in the open now. What I’m wondering is how to move forward, or IF I’ll ever move forward because it seems like time is only making this issue worse. I’m not hassling him over this because I know it comes down to my own mistakes and my own insecurity, but I don’t want this to get to the point where it causes problems in our relationship. I’m wondering whether to be open with him about all this, or if I should just deal with it on my own. I’m so lost. I just wish I never knew anything. I want a full night’s sleep again.

TL;DR - Got back with my boyfriend after a 1.5 year hiatus. I asked him to tell me what transpired with other girls while he was single, and now I completely regret asking for the details. I’m obsessing over this new knowledge and it is causing me a lot of heartbreak, because it feels like I’ll never forget. Unsure of how to deal with this going forward.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Connecticut.

It is kind of a big ask for someone to change their entire appearance and then start over for a beard.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

lovely dog owners come in many flavors, not just the “unleashed pitbull is ‘just playing’” with your bleeding child or the neglected backyard dog who froths at the mouth at any human besides the subhuman rear end in a top hat loosely defined as its owner. Spoiling and zero boundaries are bad too, for dogs and people alike.

In this case OP’s bf is not just being lazy about training, he’s actively enabling bad behavior. Unless she wants to live more like an animal than the dogs do she needs to :sever: and never look back.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Today in self-owning news

Buy some wigs and reenact everything he can remember, therefore overwriting the other girls in his mind.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
A special entry from /r/ChoosingBeggars

CB [Choosing Beggar] doesn’t get invited to bachelorette party bc she’s a downer. She threw a GIANT fit until the bride finally said what the hell, you can come. The next day, bride and all 17 females received this email from CB. CB IS NOT the bride or in the bridal party and was invited out of pitty.

CoasterMaster fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 18, 2019

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Beachcomber posted:

Connecticut.

It is kind of a big ask for someone to change their entire appearance and then start over for a beard.

I misread it, I thought he said mandatory cash value was the least odd thing out there, not in that list

E: oh wow that last one

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 18, 2019

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

CoasterMaster posted:

CB [Choosing Beggar] doesn’t get invited to bachelorette party bc she’s a downer. She threw a GIANT fit until the bride finally said what the hell, you can come. The next day, bride and all 17 females received this email from CB. CB IS NOT the bride or in the bridal party and was invited out of pitty.

Holy poo poo. I'd let her come anyway but and not give her $50 and get as much liquor as I could fit into the room and probably order some male strippers.

And I'd definitely be letting poor blank there pop Adderol all drat vacation.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Scathach posted:

Holy poo poo. I'd let her come anyway but and not give her $50 and get as much liquor as I could fit into the room and probably order some male strippers.

And I'd definitely be letting poor blank there pop Adderol all drat vacation.

Satanic sacrifice set up and ready to go would be a nice touch

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Re your previous email.

You are correct Vegas does rule!

PS. I didn't have time to read the body just the subject.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
there is no way that lady doesn't get knocked up by a male stripper and still look down on all her friends for not being literally jesus

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
If real (cough) I’d like to know how she intended to spend $900 on groceries without buying any liquor.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [22M] didn't mind another guy [22M] jerking me off during sex with my girlfriend [19F]

My girlfriend [19F] and I [22M] were having a threesome with another guy [22M]. I was on my back, she was on top of me and he was taking her from behind. At some point I slipped out due to not being fully hard anymore which I said out loud. Next thing I know is he grabbed my dick and started jerking me off. To my utter surprise it felt great and made me rock. He guided me back into my girlfriend and shortly after I pumped her full of cum.

Does that make either of us gay/bi? Or can you still call yourself straight after that?

Just to clarify: I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay/bi. I was just wondering.

tl;dr: Had a threesome with girlfriend and got a quick handjob from the guy. Surprisingly didn't mind.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Do they even have groceries in Vegas?

Like, is there a Krogers on the strip?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (31M) father-in-law (64M) wants to attend a baseball game with me, which I’m dreading for several reasons.

My wife has let it be known to me that my father-in-law, who is in town for a couple weeks, wants to attend a baseball game with me while he’s here. I’m a huge baseball fan, so normally I’d be down for attending a game with anybody (or even just by myself). But the prospect of going with my FIL is dreadful.

First off, doing anything with him becomes a process and is needlessly difficult. This whole ordeal will turn into an hour-long phone conversation about either meeting at the ballpark or somewhere else, which section to sit in, what drinks to bring to the game, what transportation to take to the game, when to arrive to the stadium, when to leave (he always insists on heading out with 2 outs in 9th in order to beat traffic, I detest this), which section will have the least amount of sun at 1 pm ... You get the point.

A mild hiccup in these plans, like the train is slightly late, for instance, and he’ll call in a huge panic. I can count on something going wrong in his mind, and sure enough he’ll phone me like it’s an emergency. Guy needs to learn how to text these things, but one thing at a time.

Normally, my wife just handles these situations when they occur in other settings, but since it’s only me essentially babysitting him, I know I’ll rip my hair out.

And FIL is notoriously bad with money, so I’ll be footing the bill. Which is fine, except FIL always insists on premium seats. I like outfield seats; they’re moderately priced and still a good viewing section. But no, we’d be “too far from the action”. Box seats are a luxury I cannot currently justify.

And to top it all off, FIL’s casually racist comments. I don’t want to be around it for 3 hours.

If it was just one thing, I’d grin and bear it, but I have no desire to do it. How do I get out of this situation, Reddit?

Tl;dr father-in-law wants to attend a baseball game, but he’ll turn the entire thing in a stress-fueled headache; I want to get out of it

gently caress cardinals fans

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

CoasterMaster posted:

Ahahaha. Ahahahahhaha holy poo poo

Invite her then buy some Everclear and pay for Chippendales to crash at your suite. Then bring both to the church

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [22M] didn't mind another guy [22M] jerking me off during sex with my girlfriend [19F]

The gay agenda strikes again :gay: