Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I would see Ponce de Leon so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Prognosis Negative is apparently based on an actual screenplay that Larry David wrote, “...is about a single guy who is unable to commit to a relationship. He finds out an ex-girlfriend has six months to live and decides it's perfect...he can commit without worrying about the long term consequences.”

boom boom boom posted:

But Seinfeld took place in the late eighties

Seinfeld ran until 1998.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cacator posted:

Prognosis Negative is apparently based on an actual screenplay that Larry David wrote, “...is about a single guy who is unable to commit to a relationship. He finds out an ex-girlfriend has six months to live and decides it's perfect...he can commit without worrying about the long term consequences.”

Oh my god, that's so horrible, and completely sounds like something Larry David would do in real life.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

boom boom boom posted:

That's a complete waste of time then.

I swear there are a ton of people in this thread who are dead on the inside, the outside, and everything inbetween.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 6, 2014

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

boom boom boom posted:

If they were making posters for the fake films as they were actually depicted in Seinfeld, that would be fine, That would be a valid thing for people to do. But what they did is just nonsense. The fake movies from Seinfeld if they were fake made today? That has no connection to reality at all. The whole premise is just gobbledygook.

You are aggressively dull

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

boom boom boom posted:

If they were making posters for the fake films as they were actually depicted in Seinfeld, that would be fine, That would be a valid thing for people to do. But what they did is just nonsense. The fake movies from Seinfeld if they were fake made today? That has no connection to reality at all. The whole premise is just gobbledygook.

Go stand outside right now and feel the fresh air on your face or I will probate you.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Those posters are for the modern remakes. So there.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I'm not a Seinfeld guy, but I'm kind of in awe of those posters for how much they look like they could be for real movies. You could fool people with almost any of those.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

penismightier posted:

Go stand outside right now and feel the fresh air on your face or I will probate you.

A goon going outside has no connection to reality and is not a valid thing to do.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Spatula City posted:

I'm not a Seinfeld guy, but I'm kind of in awe of those posters for how much they look like they could be for real movies. You could fool people with almost any of those.
I thought the one for "Rochelle Rochelle" was real at first and wondered how I'd missed that Lars Von Trier had made another movie.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I am really, really sad that Checkmate is not a real movie. McKellen, Mirren, Irons and McShane is just the best loving cast ever.

tliil
Jan 13, 2013
Fake movie posters for movies we wish were real, you say?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

boom boom boom posted:

edit: I bet the whole reason they did it with modern actors and directors and poster design is because they were lazy. They didn't want to go back, find when the episodes mentioning each movie first aired, figure out which actors and directors would be appropriate to make that kind of movie at that point in time, look at posters for films from the same genre that came out that year, they didn't want to put in the effort to do it right, so they changed the time period, invalidating the whole concept, and slapped some poo poo together that didn't involve much thought or research. It's bullshit, the people who did it should not be praised for it.

Just tell yourself these are the remakes of the films from the show. There. Done.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

tliil posted:

Fake movie posters for movies we wish were real, you say?

Pascal Witaszek did such a great job on that. I've heard it was so good it got Disney to talk about it.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Pascal Witaszek did such a great job on that. I've heard it was so good it got Disney to talk about it.

It's great and all, but I feel like any true Walt Disney biopic would need to be made by a non-Disney studio.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Aatrek posted:

It's great and all, but I feel like any true Walt Disney biopic would need to be made by a non-Disney studio.

Definitely, but I doubt they'd ever let that happen. Isn't there a sort-of biopic made by Disney being released soon?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Lizard Combatant posted:

Definitely, but I doubt they'd ever let that happen. Isn't there a sort-of biopic made by Disney being released soon?

Saving Mr. Banks has Tom Hanks as Walt Disney (the poster for the film was predictably bashed just a few pages back) but it's not a straight bio-pic of Disney, it's the specific story of how he convinced P.L. Travers to let him make Mary Poppins. I have a feeling the real life unhappy ending to the story (Travers was furious with the final film, refused to let him or anyone else make another movie) will be glossed over.

Also: It's been heavily hinted that Brad Bird's Tomorrowland will feature Walt in some capacity, but it might just be stock footage.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 15, 2013

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hope he's a head in a jar shouting antisemetic rants.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Aatrek posted:

It's like the Uwe Boll documentary. The guy is the perfect subject and it could have been a great doc if it hadn't been produced by the same production company that produced the majority of his north american films. How do you deal with touchy subjects when the guy has been paying your bills for the last 10 years?

On that note:

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Hope he's a head in a jar shouting antisemetic rants.

And telling the woman in paint and inks to know their place.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Those posters are for the modern remakes. So there.

That was my assumption- Rochelle Rochelle is clearly the English language redux.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Cacator posted:

In my mind, she recovers from her illness, he finds some way to break up with her, and then she gets hit by a truck.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Aatrek posted:

gently caress, I want a movie on Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and the creation of Superman or William Marston and Wonder Woman, but I doubt either of those will be made because the former puts the current rights holders in a very negative light and the latter would add a layer onto a popular icon that makes the current rights holders very uncomfortable.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a third one?

Wentworth Miller clearly came out the winner among the the Prison Break brothers.

In a similar vein:

edit:

Young Freud posted:

gently caress, I want a movie on Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster and the creation of Superman or William Marston and Wonder Woman, but I doubt either of those will be made because the former puts the current rights holders in a very negative light and the latter would add a layer onto a popular icon that makes the current rights holders very uncomfortable.

That Marston movie should be directed by Cronenberg.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Young Freud posted:

I always assume we're fewer than three years from a Kavalier and Clay movie, which would cover all the broad strokes.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I like that In the Name of the King one. Let's see more sword posters!

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Saving Mr. Banks has Tom Hanks as Walt Disney (the poster for the film was predictably bashed just a few pages back) but it's not a straight bio-pic of Disney, it's the specific story of how he convinced P.L. Travers to let him make Mary Poppins. I have a feeling the real life unhappy ending to the story (Travers was furious with the final film, refused to let him or anyone else make another movie) will be glossed over.

Also: It's been heavily hinted that Brad Bird's Tomorrowland will feature Walt in some capacity, but it might just be stock footage.

Judging by the trailer it won't be glossed over - she's the villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kYmrjongg

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

At 30 seconds in there is a completely bizarre CG shot of a car that looks like something from Microsoft Movie Maker.

Also it seems to misrepresenting Travers as some kind of toffee-nosed tightshirt when she was actually a flamboyant zen bisexual.

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 15, 2013

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Mr. Flunchy posted:

At 30 seconds in there is a completely bizarre CG shot of a car that looks like something from Microsoft Movie Maker.
Errr it looks like the car they drove at the airport. If anything it's the background likely being a matte shot of 1960's California. I guess heavy processing effects do tend to throw an odd cast onto things.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Also it seems to misrepresenting Travers as some kind of toffee-nosed tightshirt when she was actually a flamboyant zen bisexual.

God, that does look weird. It's like it doesn't have a shadow or something?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
There's a Tumblr devoted to fictional Troy McLure movies: http://youmightremembermefrom.tumblr.com/. Some of these are pretty amazing.

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist

Vegetable posted:

I like that In the Name of the King one. Let's see more sword posters!

I've owned that one for a while.

Fun fact: They shortened the hilt to keep both the guard and the pommel in frame without it covering his face.

Edit: Found a pic...

pookerbug fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 15, 2013

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

CaptainHollywood posted:

Judging by the trailer it won't be glossed over - she's the villain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5kYmrjongg

Well, I know the film derives most of it's plot and tension from the fact that she was reluctant, but I can't see the movie ending with her telling Walt to basically gently caress himself when he's a dick to her about her unhappiness with the movie.

That said, I am kind of looking forward to the movie. I like that it acknowledges my favorite aspect of Mary Poppins (that Mr. Banks is the one who needs help, not the children) and I think the cast is spectacular and all look wonderful in their roles, even if Hanks doesn't resemble Disney even for a second.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Well, I know the film derives most of it's plot and tension from the fact that she was reluctant, but I can't see the movie ending with her telling Walt to basically gently caress himself when he's a dick to her about her unhappiness with the movie.

That said, I am kind of looking forward to the movie. I like that it acknowledges my favorite aspect of Mary Poppins (that Mr. Banks is the one who needs help, not the children) and I think the cast is spectacular and all look wonderful in their roles, even if Hanks doesn't resemble Disney even for a second.

Hanks doesn't resemble Disney physically but he does the TV spot where Disney starts flying perfectly. It's always better to find a person who can act like the person you want than look like the person you want. I have very serious doubts that Ashton Kutcher, despite looking like Steve Jobs with the hair and makeup, will be acting anything like him. Hanks is so good at acting like the people he needs to be, Chris Rock said he was one of the funniest comedians he has ever seen when Hanks was preparing for his role in Punchline as a stand up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It'll end with her being all mad and at the end she'll sneak into the side of the theater and smile when the supercajafrajalistik song comes on.

~fin~

melvinthemopboy3
Sep 29, 2008
Some new posters for Troma's upcoming Return to Nuke 'Em High Vol. 1.

Why this is a two "volume" film, I have no idea. Lloyd Kaufman said it was done at the suggestion of Tarantino.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Vintersorg posted:

It'll end with her being all mad and at the end she'll sneak into the side of the theater and smile when the supercajafrajalistik song comes on.

~fin~

Hahaha that would be amazing.

zandert33
Sep 20, 2002

melvinthemopboy3 posted:

Some new posters for Troma's upcoming Return to Nuke 'Em High Vol. 1.

Why this is a two "volume" film, I have no idea. Lloyd Kaufman said it was done at the suggestion of Tarantino.

I'm a big fan of the original, but really feel that Troma has jumped the shark. Since around "Tromeo and Juliet" they've moved away from the "low budget but endearing" film to "over the top stupid and gross" style films. I'll watch it, because I watch pretty much every "major" Troma film, but I have low expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There's a Tumblr devoted to fictional Troy McLure movies: http://youmightremembermefrom.tumblr.com/. Some of these are pretty amazing.
If they were making posters for the fake films as they were actually depicted in The Simpsons, that would be fine, That would be a valid thing for people to do. But what they did is just nonsense. The fake movies from The Simpsons if they were fake made today? That has no connection to reality at all. The whole premise is just gobbledygook.
:goonsay: