Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'd say throw some miniluv's way, but they really don't need it lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Got blown up on the Amarr undock in an interceptor, so far so good.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

orange juche posted:

If mynnna sent me some isk i'd do my damnedest to go lose a super for goonfleetwaffeswarm, I don't think mynnna will give me isk though.

who are you? :confused:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Oodles posted:

Not sure if I’m a special snowflake, but prior to my invite I wasn’t able to see anything in the forum. No vacationers or anything.

I followed the instructions in the wiki, got my invite, accepted it, then reset my group info, then refreshed the forums and could see it all. Started reapplying to sigs, and then an hour later I got a PM from directorbot purging me. Back to square one, no forums access and can’t see anything in ESA/I.

Not sure if this is because my forum name isn’t the character that I had my invite on?

The automated system has some personality to it, as does CCP's ESI system. Sometimes it does this. I'd offer to fix it, but in the past fixing it temporarily causes a bigger problem in the long term, wheras if we don't touch it and whisper the right prayer, it'll fix itself.

Also, queue clear both email and in game. If you think you've been missed, please say something.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mynnna posted:

who are you? :confused:

I'd have to resub I think and I'm at work, let me recover my account and then log in and figure out my cap pilots names. If you got access to backend poo poo the email Mittani spammed out to everyone said Anya Sollette in the intro, and I am pretty sure that one can fly fax at a minimum.

I've no poo poo not logged in to EVE in like 2 and a half years, and I still have to decide whether I want to play EVE or not.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

I wasn't planning to actually send you isk tbh, I was really just wondering who you are

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mynnna posted:

I wasn't planning to actually send you isk tbh, I was really just wondering who you are

Figured not, I wouldn't send a random bittervet isk either, worth a shot though.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
:downs:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, perhaps mynnna was feeling uncharacteristically generous.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mynnna posted:

I can't be hosed to log in and shoot things but I'ma kick in to finance those who do

Is that 3 trillion????

e; 3.5t to be exact

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 9, 2020

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

send money to penifSMASH ty

Wait what

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Apparently penif is flying for the imperium, never thought I'd see the day.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

orange juche posted:

Apparently penif is flying for the imperium, never thought I'd see the day.

No I knew that, but I can’t figure out if penif is foehammer or if it’s an injoke

Donathros
Sep 25, 2018

Bob Socko posted:

Got blown up on the Amarr undock in an interceptor, so far so good.

You Sir, are doing it right!

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Reset Access is telling me "No eligible characters found", even tho I added my dude. Also, I followed the jabber instructions but pidgin isn't allowing me to connect.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

No I knew that, but I can’t figure out if penif is foehammer or if it’s an injoke

no i am foehammer

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Reset Access is telling me "No eligible characters found", even tho I added my dude. Also, I followed the jabber instructions but pidgin isn't allowing me to connect.

It can take a few hours to register that stuff across all the systems. Be patient

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

One of CCP’s APIs is slow as gently caress :ccp:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

i was checking my spam and read something about a horn of goondor, are we really going to play this game again?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

One of CCP’s APIs is slow as gently caress :ccp:

Arent their APIs basically worthless at this point anyways? Unless its changed it's some drawn out mess in order to deal with APIs that didn't exist in the past. I quit at the same time they killed the CREST API (which was functional) and replaced it with whatever godless abomination they have now. Pretty sure at least one of my alts was purged from Waffe for me failing to register the new API keys.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 9, 2020

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

orange juche posted:

Arent their APIs basically worthless at this point anyways? Unless its changed it's some drawn out mess in order to deal with APIs that didn't exist in the past. I quit at the same time they killed the CREST API (which was functional) and replaced it with whatever godless abomination they have now. Pretty sure at least one of my alts was purged from Waffe for me failing to register the new API keys.

No they are still basically required for any sort of alliance functionality. They lost the idiot trap of showing all characters on an account but that’s it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

orange juche posted:

When I was messing with it I didn’t have any issues pulling down requests using retrofit

It just didn’t update nearly as frequently as I would have preferred

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I'm trying so hard to reinstall the game but I'm working in a third world poo poo hole. Is there any way to download the game on a laptop in the city with good wifi and then transfer them over to my desktop that's at base camp where im lucky to get 56k? Like can i just copy the whole folder over?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
This seems a good time to remind everyone:

If you reset your in game password, you have to resubmit your ESIs into the Goonfleet system.

Resetting your password resets your ESI access. And if the goonfleet server spots that, you'll get flagged to be kicked.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Maneck posted:

This seems a good time to remind everyone:

If you reset your in game password, you have to resubmit your ESIs into the Goonfleet system.

Resetting your password resets your ESI access. And if the goonfleet server spots that, you'll get flagged to be kicked.

and no, goonfleet can’t do anything about it it’s entirely a ccp stupid-rear end design decision

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I answered the horn of goondor four times in the south. Mittani is a hack.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

evilweasel posted:

They lost the idiot trap of showing all characters on an account but that’s it.

This is what made it easier for me to deal with the old APIs TBH. I only had to make 1 key per account to deal with Auth. Now you gotta do some dumb screenshot stuff and some other trash. Maybe I'm just grumpy over the cheese getting moved.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Pookum posted:

I'm trying so hard to reinstall the game but I'm working in a third world poo poo hole. Is there any way to download the game on a laptop in the city with good wifi and then transfer them over to my desktop that's at base camp where im lucky to get 56k? Like can i just copy the whole folder over?

There's a 11.5gb resources file you can download that'll help a LOT.

https://www.eveonline.com/download

Good Party Dad
May 10, 2006
Me fail english, thats unpossible!
trying to answer the horn and wow logging back in is a trip. two of my accounts are on college emails that seem to no longer exist. but at least it looks like i've still got 18bil on the account I can log into.

can you still cloak in a system for days on end with three accounts and then uncloak randomly to ruin one person's day?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

orange juche posted:

This is what made it easier for me to deal with the old APIs TBH. I only had to make 1 key per account to deal with Auth. Now you gotta do some dumb screenshot stuff and some other trash. Maybe I'm just grumpy over the cheese getting moved.

Honestly, the whole process took me just a few minutes. Its really not any more complicated than before.

We all know im am idiot and it took little time, effort and i got back in on the first try. if i can do it, anyone can

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Good Party Dad posted:

can you still cloak in a system for days on end with three accounts and then uncloak randomly to ruin one person's day?

yes

Dalael posted:

if i can do it, anyone can

took me 45 minutes, but i had to register 39 characters and every single account had to have a 2fa code sent, and i had to do it for my corporation as well.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Actually, from a bit upthread: are normal carriers used for anything anymore? I'm sitting on a carrier, skilled for like c. 2011-era carrier-ing, so there's some new poo poo I need to train, but is a Thanatos even used in fleet fights with a hundred Titans anymore? Are my dread skills similarly useless?

A lot of these carrier skills would also apply to a Nyx and I know those still get used, but the swarm'd have to provide.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Wolfy posted:

i was checking my spam and read something about a horn of goondor, are we really going to play this game again?

Yup. Real potential for some B-R titan slugfest, too. If that's not your thing, lots of other fleets are about. Game is legit fun right now.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

SpaceDrake posted:

Actually, from a bit upthread: are normal carriers used for anything anymore? I'm sitting on a carrier, skilled for like c. 2011-era carrier-ing, so there's some new poo poo I need to train, but is a Thanatos even used in fleet fights with a hundred Titans anymore? Are my dread skills similarly useless?

A lot of these carrier skills would also apply to a Nyx and I know those still get used, but the swarm'd have to provide.

I was going to ask the same thing. I have made it to 1DQ1 and I am debating buying a dread or carrier. Perfect skills for both the pheonix and chimera.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
There's a thread for SRP fits for Nidhoggur and Thanatos ratting carriers, but you guys probably mean for like real fleets.

But I think dreads are still used for stuff, there's a fleet doctrine thread for all 4 ships at least.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
been waitin' two weeks for :ccp: to unban my account. someone got the password and tried logging in last year, but the 2FA stopped them enough times my account got auto-banned.

so, uh, :rip: any stuff i had in delve.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dieting Hippo posted:

been waitin' two weeks for :ccp: to unban my account. someone got the password and tried logging in last year, but the 2FA stopped them enough times my account got auto-banned.

so, uh, :rip: any stuff i had in delve.

Wait, Mfa did it’s job and they banned the account anyway? Seems like it’s it actually protecting you account.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

SHISHKABOB posted:

There's a thread for SRP fits for Nidhoggur and Thanatos ratting carriers, but you guys probably mean for like real fleets.

Yeah, is there a point to bringing a Thanatos to a fight with dozens of Titans on the field? Or are we just Well Past Carriers at this point.

I mean I can also hop in a Nianzu with almost no issue at all and can even just buy that poo poo flat out. I'm just wondering where the original carriers stand in fleet doctrine at this point.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, is there a point to bringing a Thanatos to a fight with dozens of Titans on the field? Or are we just Well Past Carriers at this point.

I mean I can also hop in a Nianzu with almost no issue at all and can even just buy that poo poo flat out. I'm just wondering where the original carriers stand in fleet doctrine at this point.

Combat carriers have been used quite a bit since the start of the war. I traded in for a Fax at the start of the war and I've barely had any opportunity to use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

SpaceDrake posted:

If there are supers on field, carriers are relevant even when titans are on field since they're effective anti-fighter platforms. Supers are extremely relevant if you can get your fighters on top of the enemy titan blob without dying because they do a ton of dps, and with effectively capped reps, you can't save titans from the kinds of dps that would be fielded in the giant fights. Worst case you soak a dd or a bunch of damage that would otherwise go into a titan/super/whatever