Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bolow posted:

I don't know who this Lolorito dude is but I want to hit that smug poo poo really loving hard with my halberd

That's Lord Lolorito, to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Phone posted:

That's Lord Lolorito, to you.

I've already committed Regicide a lord aint poo poo :colbert:

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

homeless snail posted:

who needs shisui poo poo after the summer event gave out dyeable shisui

I like the sleeves on the caster flavors of shisui and was disappointed the event version did not have them.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Renegret posted:

you monster

I play a highlander. I don't have any glamor on and just have a mixmash of omega savage gear, upgraded tomestone gear, and the crafted 320 chest pentamelded.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Serge Gambison gear is the best looking gear in the game. (except the dorky hat.)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The shisui sets with skirts are good, the ones without are bad

The healer set looks really really good in general. My literal only complaint about it is I wish the skirt was a smidgen longer. I'm fine with it being an ultra-skimpy microskirt but I'd like it to be a slightly longer ultra-skimpy microskirt

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr. Nice! posted:

I play a highlander. I don't have any glamor on and just have a mixmash of omega savage gear, upgraded tomestone gear, and the crafted 320 chest pentamelded.

my medium sized strong waifu

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

The Serge Gambison gear is the best looking gear in the game.

It's actually the caster and tank Sky Pirates sets.
The Monk one is bad, I don't know the rest.

cheetah7071 posted:

The healer set looks really really good in general. My literal only complaint about it is I wish the skirt was a smidgen longer. I'm fine with it being an ultra-skimpy microskirt but I'd like it to be a slightly longer ultra-skimpy microskirt

It works quite well as a skirt to go under things like the i330 tome body at the length it is without limiting options for leg wear. It's not too good with butt cape esque things

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 7, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Shadowlyger posted:

Oh, the center one? Yeah, center one on mythic is you get knocked off no matter what, actually. :v:

The way you're supposed to deal with it is with a debuff that gets applied to the tank when a particular add dies. When this debuff is dispelled, everyone gets pulled to the tank's location.

Or if you're in a Mythic world first guild, everyone plays a class or race that can cheese the knockback. :v:

or you hit the warlock gateway with .5 seconds left on the orb about to go off and ignore the knockback as well.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I might be misremembering, but didn't Blizzard used to balance raids (for a long while) based off of feedback from Elitist Jerks?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

homeless snail posted:

who needs shisui poo poo after the summer event gave out dyeable shisui

Shisui caster bottoms are better than the Summer set, but not dyeable unfortunately.

Anyway I'm a mage, the only armor I need is more explosions.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Phone posted:

I might be misremembering, but didn't Blizzard used to balance raids (for a long while) based off of feedback from Elitist Jerks?

I believe it was EJ that posted that reworded Tigole's Planes of Power rant to apply to AQ40

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's actually the caster and tank Sky Pirates sets.
The Monk one is bad, I don't know the rest.

It works quite well as a skirt to go under things like the i330 tome body at the length it is without limiting options for leg wear. It's not too good with butt cape esque things

I haven't found anything that matched the color scheme other than just wearing full shisui yet, but my main isn't healer so I haven't been spending any creation on it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a kitten posted:

Shisui caster bottoms are better than the Summer set, but not dyeable unfortunately.

Anyway I'm a mage, the only armor I need is more explosions.

Also manaward.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Phone posted:

nowadays they let the world first race get to the final boss and just watch their attempts live for feedback

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So do I actually get armor pieces doing the level 50 MSQ's? The Sylphs just summoned their primal and all my rewards so far have been jewelry and weapons

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bolow posted:

So do I actually get armor pieces doing the level 50 MSQ's? The Sylphs just summoned their primal and all my rewards so far have been jewelry and weapons

Yeah you'll have a full set of i110 eventually. All that poetics you've been getting can go toward buying i120 gear and buying items that upgrade it to i130 as well. The method for doing so (especially the weapon) is a bit arcane though, but the weapon is the most important one so I'd try to at least walk into heavensward with an i130 weapon.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bolow posted:

Your level 45/50 job quests will give you i90 leftside. If you're in TPT grab an i115 weapon from the armory chest. If you need anything else just ask in FC chat.

technolizard
May 19, 2013
See, that's the funny thing, I actually got all the other legend fish really pretty easily. Not first time tries or anything, but within the first few times I tried.

I've been fishing every window I've seen for something like two weeks on stinking Nepto Dragon. At least 10 windows, something like 30 or 40 hooks, failed every time. I have full Tacklekeep gear too.

But what really riles me up is that at one point, FC mate asked about doing roulettes, I said no, gotta go fish for Nepto. He chimes in like "oh I still need to do that! I'll come too", shows up. Gets it. On his second window trying.

I hate him. :mad:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bolow posted:

Run into an NPC from that adventuring party talking about how he got invited to a wedding :staredog:

Please report on the wedding when you can, I love when people do that quest for the first time.

Side question, I just now got around to using AST since Stormblood, since Stella was taken away does lvl 39 AST just have two attacks, or am I blind?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

technolizard posted:

But what really riles me up is that at one point, FC mate asked about doing roulettes, I said no, gotta go fish for Nepto. He chimes in like "oh I still need to do that! I'll come too", shows up. Gets it. On his second window trying.

I hate him. :mad:

And this is why Spearfishing is the best fishing ever.

RedRaven
Sep 11, 2001

He's going to SHOCK the world!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't have any glamor on

You monster.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Please report on the wedding when you can, I love when people do that quest for the first time.

Side question, I just now got around to using AST since Stormblood, since Stella was taken away does lvl 39 AST just have two attacks, or am I blind?

Malefic and Combust. Gravity at 52. Earthly star at 62 and the lord card at 66.

Attacking isn't the AST's strength.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Yep. You finally get your AOE (Gravity) at level 52 iirc, and there's a couple of non-spammable damage skills in the 60s. Earthly Star, your Assize-alike, has a damage component, and you can turn cards into Lord of Crowns at 66.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Gravity should be a level 50 skill. It sucks when you get a 50 dungeon and you don't have any aoe

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Attacking isn't the AST's strength.

So...I have to heal honestly? :ohdear:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

The shisui sets with skirts are good, the ones without are bad

The tank set is good because it is basically the samurai version of the coliseum/ light steel set.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
You can fish in this game? :shepspends:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Yes and fishing is quite good too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ainsley McTree posted:

As long as we're asking nitpicky rdm Qs: if I'm in an aoe pull and have 45/45 mana, is it better to use manafication immediately and do a 3-moulinet attack, or get to 90/90 the slow way and save manafication for a 4-moulinet attack?

Assume the trash will survive either attack, I just want to know if there's a significant difference in dps.

just ot be clear here, regardless of this specific question, 100/100 lets you do an easy 5 moulinets:

- get to 100/100
- do two moulinets (now at 40/40 mana)
- shatter twice (~46/46)
- manafication (~90/90)
- moulinet three times

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dick Trauma posted:

You can fish in this game? :shepspends:

You can fish up a sea monster and then build an aquarium for your house and put the sea monster inside*. Or you can fish up an adorable turtle or chocobo or goldfish bucket to follow you around. Or stab fish with a spear and turn them into sand that you sell to crafters for a profit. Or hang out with an assassin who fishes as a hobby between jobs.

*(Only certain sea monsters may apply, Nepto Dragon is right out until they make an outdoor aquarium sized to fit a whale)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I long for the simpler days of melting down fish to get the bathing suits inside them

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Also worth noting that the fishing guildmasters are the best guildmasters that are not named Hamon Holyfist.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So on Ramuh, what the hell are these orbs I can pick up, the debuff says something about becoming immune to electrocution and redirecting attacks?

My duty finder group disintegrated after wipe #5, and besides people just being insanely stupid with the lightning ring stuff I couldn't really tell what was causing us to wipe after the add phase

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So...I have to heal honestly? :ohdear:

Nah, you just have a less interesting and less potent dps kit than the other healers, at least until gravity. Just get ready to spam your 1 hotkey.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

this game has the best spaghetti code sometimes

https://gfycat.com/WideeyedJollyLamprey

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Thundarr posted:

Also worth noting that the fishing guildmasters are the best guildmasters that are not named Hamon Holyfist.

Wawalago has an entertaining shtick but he lays on his other notable thing about a bit too thick at times to really measure up to Hamon (because said thing is of the 'I love ladies who fish!' variety)

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bolow posted:

So on Ramuh, what the hell are these orbs I can pick up, the debuff says something about becoming immune to electrocution and redirecting attacks?

My duty finder group disintegrated after wipe #5, and besides people just being insanely stupid with the lightning ring stuff I couldn't really tell what was causing us to wipe after the add phase

I have not seen a party wipe on Ramuh normal in a very long time, let alone give up. I'm impressed!

The orbs grant a stacking buff. One or two stacks give you electric resistance for 10 seconds. Three will also give you a very long duration debuff that makes eating more orbs bad for you. The total number of orbs on the field also affects Ramuh's damage output: more orbs, more damage.

In a nutshell the party has to manage orbs such that the tanks have enough to survive bearddad's hellacious bugzapper attacks while not letting too many pile up. Later in the fight when tethers go out, one out the tethered people needs to eat three orbs within 10 seconds to end the tether, as well.

In short the fight is big on coordination and thus the ex version of Ramuh is still one of the game's tougher fights at min ilvl simply because fuckups are easy and get punished hard.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Bolow posted:

On which difficulty? On hard if you get tethered one of the people in the tether needs to pick up three of them.

On extreme tanks need them to not die.

On extreme unsync you don't pick them up on purpose so you can blackest night into sick slams and jams.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

On which difficulty? On hard if you get tethered one of the people in the tether needs to pick up three of them.

It was on Hard, I guess the tether was slowly mulching through the group since no one picked the orbs up. A summoner friend helped me duo it without much effort so it's all taken care of.

Boss fight music was pretty good though

Bolow fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 7, 2017