Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

Reposting the wheel of destiny for those who can't pick a class:

Wheel of destiny!!!

Just in case y'all still having problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Going WD. Not sure on gender but character name is decided in honor of the new set Mundunugu.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Trip report: leveling with sweaty neckbeard Kanai tactic got me to 70 in 2h15min (solo), would've been even better if I had tried it before.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Trip report: leveling with sweaty neckbeard Kanai tactic got me to 70 in 2h15min (solo), would've been even better if I had tried it before.

What is this Sweaty Neckbeard Kanai tactic you speak of?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I thought the season didn’t start for a few more hours...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

I thought the season didn’t start for a few more hours...
Europe and other regions

LochNessMonster posted:

Here is a solid foundation from the thread. I wouldn't gamble with my shards at 1 on some classes. But the rest is a pretty good overview of the best chill but efficient way to do things. The step that says craft a 2her around 40, they mean a level 70 2hand weapon. If you get those secondary modifiers it says you can reroll -level req on it real easy by changing the other secondary modifier.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 13, 2020

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

LochNessMonster posted:

Going to Kanai's Stomping Grounds and letting Kanai kill poo poo for you on a higher difficulty. It's like doing T6 cleavers and letting the dungeon kill stuff for you. Only good for solo really and you'll die a lot in the process. May be faster than conventional leveling for tryhards.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Are we talking real time savers here or is this just a goony thing? Leveling takes a couple of hours anyway.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Dumb question, once the season starts do you do the challenge rift with your new character or any character for the season rewards?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Mayveena posted:

Dumb question, once the season starts do you do the challenge rift with your new character or any character for the season rewards?

Make a new seasonal character, enter the game, then exit and do the challenge rift.

The challenge rifts are done with a featured pre-made character and rift. Sometimes they show off a particular set but mostly they're just weird builds.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mayveena posted:

The challenge rift is a premade character from Blizzard. Have to use the skills they give you. This week it’s a necro and from what I understand is pretty easy.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

jabro posted:

The challenge rift is a premade character from Blizzard. Have to use the skills they give you. This week it’s a necro and from what I understand is pretty easy.

OK thanks!!!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I’ve never played necro before, how do I beat it? I literally got a 15:11 (on switch) (on weed)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Fayez Butts posted:

I’ve never played necro before, how do I beat it? I literally got a 15:11 (on switch) (on weed)

Keep Bone Armor stacked are 15 and use Bone Spear in big groups, on blues and yellows. Get to third level quickly because a lot of groups stacked there to move your gauge up. Use devour on what you kill to keep whatever necros call their resource pool filled. Use blood rush to quickly move between groups.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

LochNessMonster posted:

A bit late to answer but here you go, usually it takes me around 5h to get to 70 but now it was just 2h15m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93DPY__KBYA

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

jabro posted:

The EU challenge rift was ridiculously easy, the easiest I've ever done. You just run around spamming right click nova.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pretty lucky start for my Barb so far. First rare upgrade craft was an ancient Gavel of Judgment, got the Hammer bracers right at 70, ancient IK BB in my Haedrig bag, and I've already found an ancient Azurewrath for the Frenzy set. The only thing I'm sorely missing out on is a Band of Might, still no luck gambling for it on my level 1 exploit barb.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Question about the season sets. If I finish the first 4 chapters on my DH but open them on my WD will I get the WD set or the DH?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pretty sure it's based on who opens it. But you should double check.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
you'll get the wd set

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rad. Thanks to the both of you!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Whoever opens it is the class you get it for.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
When do we think build sites like Icy Veins will have their proper Season 20 builds up? So far none of their builds are utilizing the season effect.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Is there still a guild of hardcore players?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

When do we think build sites like Icy Veins will have their proper Season 20 builds up? So far none of their builds are utilizing the season effect.

They already are. None of the builds utilize the season effect except for group builds. The season effect isn't good for soloing it seems.

The one build that utilizes it is Necro Support which is top-tier in group but will get wrecked in top solo.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

jabro posted:

They already are. None of the builds utilize the season effect except for group builds. The season effect isn't good for soloing it seems.

The one build that utilizes it is Necro Support which is top-tier in group but will get wrecked in top solo.
Eh, there are changes and variations that they could have displayed. For example, there are several necro builds that have Hexing Pants cubed when a weapon would obviously be superior there, the wizard Vyr build doesn't offer the S20 Captain Crimson variant, that sort of thing.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
On the character creation screen for wizard there's a clip where they have a teal archon going. Is that something that's not in game? Archon doesn't change color for runes right?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bamhand posted:

On the character creation screen for wizard there's a clip where they have a teal archon going. Is that something that's not in game? Archon doesn't change color for runes right?

It does change colors I think. I know the DH Goku form does.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Is monk useless as solo without Gungdo bracers cubed? I'm stuck on GR 18 because it's so slow and I just cant blow up with the 4 piece exploding palm before it runs out. It was a blast before that. Paragon 30 if it matters.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fenarisk posted:

Is monk useless as solo without Gungdo bracers cubed? I'm stuck on GR 18 because it's so slow and I just cant blow up with the 4 piece exploding palm before it runs out. It was a blast before that. Paragon 30 if it matters.

You should be able to beat a GR18 in half rares if you have to. Chances are you're missing some critical piece or aren't doing something properly (i.e. not using a spirit generator) that's failing to interact with Uliana's 2/4pc bonuses.

One thing that you can do for an easy power boost is craft Captain Crimson's belt and one of the boots/pants, whatever one you currently don't have on your Monk. If you've already found a Ring of Royal Grandeur you can get the 3pc set bonus alongside Uliana's. U6 is strongest with the Captain Crimson set so you'll need it eventually anyway.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.
I thought I hated set dungeons after having to finish one last season. Now I've been introduced to Conquests and I still hate set dungeons, but I hate Conquests 1000x more.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DARPA posted:

I thought I hated set dungeons after having to finish one last season. Now I've been introduced to Conquests and I still hate set dungeons, but I hate Conquests 1000x more.

Pretty much. IK is the only good set Dungeon because you'll accidentally complete it almost as soon as it loads.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The conquests for this season are among the worst ones. I'm fine with them when they're the thrill, leveling gems and gr75 or whatever. The rest really aren't fun.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You should be able to beat a GR18 in half rares if you have to. Chances are you're missing some critical piece or aren't doing something properly (i.e. not using a spirit generator) that's failing to interact with Uliana's 2/4pc bonuses.

One thing that you can do for an easy power boost is craft Captain Crimson's belt and one of the boots/pants, whatever one you currently don't have on your Monk. If you've already found a Ring of Royal Grandeur you can get the 3pc set bonus alongside Uliana's. U6 is strongest with the Captain Crimson set so you'll need it eventually anyway.

Doing some research I found the issue is not having Flow of eternity cubed, meaning at paragon 52 even with all CDR my SSS still has a 13 second cooldown. Guess I grind some shards to gamble :smith:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Fenarisk posted:

Doing some research I found the issue is not having Flow of eternity cubed, meaning at paragon 52 even with all CDR my SSS still has a 13 second cooldown. Guess I grind some shards to gamble :smith:

If it's a Daibo you're probably better off upgrading rare 70s since there's so few legendary daibos

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Shrecknet posted:

If it's a Daibo you're probably better off upgrading rare 70s since there's so few legendary daibos

Thanks I actually just looked it up, the sweet spot seems to be a level 29 monk because the upgrade has a 50/50 chance, so I will try that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Finished the journey at exactly P666 this season. I'm not sure if I will be able to play at all for a while, so the idea of finishing a season under 1k paragon and off the leaderboard is a weird feeling.

Owell, got in the top third on the leaderboards for both Boss Rush and Curses! so there is that.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I want to do a WW Barb again this season but the Wastes set is dropping way less frequently than everything else for me so far. I’m currently using shoulders/pants and then 5 pieces of IK with a RoRG and it’s working okay for T12/GR50ish. I have a second pair of Wastes shoulders+pants so as soon as I get 1 more piece in any slot I can cube them to get a set of 5 but it just hasn’t happened. Meanwhile I’ve had full sets of each other set for a while and half of them are ancients.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

RNG working as intended, no trouble found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dameius posted:

Finished the journey at exactly P666 this season. I'm not sure if I will be able to play at all for a while, so the idea of finishing a season under 1k paragon and off the leaderboard is a weird feeling.

Owell, got in the top third on the leaderboards for both Boss Rush and Curses! so there is that.

You can only upgrade level 70 items. :smith: