Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Ausnahmezustand in Berlin? Wat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I just got out of a daily call and everyone from Berlin is working from home because they can't get to work.

:yaycloud:

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Ehe für alle ist durch den Bundestag
:toot:

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Na endlich. Besser spät als nie, wobei es arg peinlich ist das sogar die Amis uns überholt haben.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I'm ok w/ this

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
same

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

pidan posted:

I'm ok w/ this

the comedy factor would have been greater if it had remained an election promise for all parties except the CDU/CSU, with Merkel just nervously shuffling around and going "uh this is a question that needs careful consideration, by which I mean it's a stockpiled token conservative policy issue that might cost us two dozen conservative farmer votes in Bavaria if dropped, so we will hold off on completely agreeing with everyone else until after the election"

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

I'm Glad Of It.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that is some :shobon: poo poo right here

:hamburg-crying-smiley:

I looked up the numbers - we got 2.5 times the amount of rain of the rainiest MONTH in Hamburg (December) yesterday. That's all of yesterday, but it only started raining at noon. And it's STILL raining now. We got a quarter of our average YEARLY rainfall yesterday. Don't measure your dick at the Hauptstadt, binch :agesilaus:

All that said, I'm glad these guys made it in to work somehow against all odds

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
whoop whoop :toot:

should have happened way earlier, but glad it's through now

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I guess one problem I have with what happened this week is that it seems like a genius move by Merkel. She took a potentially huge campaign issue - and a stumbling block for basically ANY potential coalition - and went "I guess I don't really care about this anymore, might even waive the Fraktionszwang". It was all but certain that this alone would eventually get rid of the issue for her. She even got to vote "no" just to keep up conservative appearances. Granted, there's an extreme risk of her appearing arbitrary but if this works anything like the Atomausstieg and/or the Hungarian refugee thing, the only people who care have been screaming themselves hoarse on PI news for years already. And then the CDU will get like 60%, because really, what do the other parties have to offer that Merkel's CDU (potentially) doesn't?

Basically, this is me IRL:

quote:

Johannes Kahrs, SPD-Abgeordneter, beschimpft die Bundeskanzlerin. "Das war peinlich und erbärmlich. Das ganze Geschwurbel steht mir bis hier. Vielen Dank für nichts, Frau Merkel." Sie habe die Entscheidung über Jahre hinausgezögert und die Diskriminierung von Schwulen und Lesben damit unterstützt.
Es war der bisher heftigste Angriff auf Angela Merkel in der Debatte. In den Reihen der Union wird heftig geraunt und Kahrs klopft bei jedem Satz auf das Rednerpult und brüllt in Richtung Merkel.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Smirr posted:

I guess one problem I have with what happened this week is that it seems like a genius move by Merkel. She took a potentially huge campaign issue - and a stumbling block for basically ANY potential coalition - and went "I guess I don't really care about this anymore, might even waive the Fraktionszwang". It was all but certain that this alone would eventually get rid of the issue for her. She even got to vote "no" just to keep up conservative appearances. Granted, there's an extreme risk of her appearing arbitrary but if this works anything like the Atomausstieg and/or the Hungarian refugee thing, the only people who care have been screaming themselves hoarse on PI news for years already. And then the CDU will get like 60%, because really, what do the other parties have to offer that Merkel's CDU (potentially) doesn't?
I thought it was obvious that this is what happened? It definitely took the topic out of the upcoming elections, but in return we get SSM, so I'm not too concerned.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I also think it was obvious and yet you see a lot of people going "SHAME ON RRG FOR CRAMMING THIS DOWN OUR THROATS", when those same people really should be angry at Merkel. Well, I guess we're fully in "politics is a team sport" mode now, too.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Smirr posted:

Well yeah, she is a competent politician. The main thing in your post seems to be this: "because really, what do the other parties have to offer that Merkel's CDU (potentially) doesn't?" Seems to me like you should get mad at the other parties for not standing for a program that's sufficiently different from Berlin consensus politics.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

botany posted:

Well yeah, she is a competent politician. The main thing in your post seems to be this: "because really, what do the other parties have to offer that Merkel's CDU (potentially) doesn't?" Seems to me like you should get mad at the other parties for not standing for a program that's sufficiently different from Berlin consensus politics.

Yeah, that's the flipside of the coin. The other parties COULD corner Merkel if they were competent, too. God, this Wahlkampf is gonna suck bigly

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Hab aus Sensationslust mal auf pi-news geschaut und nicht schlecht gestaunt, als ich hausechte Inzesterotikfantasien vorfand.

quote:

Umso bedenklicher ist der Fall der gleichgeschlechtlichen Adoption (zwei Adoptivväter, ein Adoptivsohn). Das Adoptivkind ist – aus Sicht der Adoptiveltern – geeigneter Sexualpartner für *beide* Eltern. Das bei heterosexuellen Adoptiveltern noch bestehende Gegengewicht, dass zumindest ein Adoptivelternteil eine Eltern-Kind-Sexualbeziehung sowieso ablehnt, besteht hier nicht mehr. Im Gegenteil, es sind problemlos Konstellationen denkbar, wo beide homosexuellen Adoptiveltern um die erotische Liebe ihres jugendlichen, attraktiven Adoptivkindes in Konkurrenz zueinander stehen. Insbesondere bei Männern, die sexuell aggressiver und deutlich promiskuitiver als Frauen sind, sind extreme innerfamiliäre Dreiecksgeschichten denkbar, wo Elternmänner sich scheiden lassen, weil beide ihren Adoptivsohn heiraten wollen.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Smirr posted:

I also think it was obvious and yet you see a lot of people going "SHAME ON RRG FOR CRAMMING THIS DOWN OUR THROATS", when those same people really should be angry at Merkel. Well, I guess we're fully in "politics is a team sport" mode now, too.

People in this thread are falling for the shame poo poo if they think that Angie voted no to "keep up appearances" because they just don't want to believe that she's a conservative shithead like the rest of them.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Of course it's a cynical move by Merkel, and MY GAY FRIENDS definitely feel like they're just ploys in some game for votes, but still, I'm happy this has happened.

Honj Steak posted:

Hab aus Sensationslust mal auf pi-news geschaut und nicht schlecht gestaunt, als ich hausechte Inzesterotikfantasien vorfand.
I think they're arguing we should, if possible, restrict families to lesbian couples who adopt boys, maybe gay couples who adopt girls, and try to avoid any other constellations, like e.g. a hetero couple having children with genitals?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Reden wir das mal nicht schlecht, ein guter Tag.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Cingulate posted:

I think they're arguing we should, if possible, restrict families to lesbian couples who adopt boys, maybe gay couples who adopt girls, and try to avoid any other constellations, like e.g. a hetero couple having children with genitals?

Clearly by that logic, hetero couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt any children at all. By which I mean this is a garbage argument made by garbage people, just ignore it to celebrate with the rest of us humans

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Smirr posted:

Yeah, that's the flipside of the coin. The other parties COULD corner Merkel if they were competent, too. God, this Wahlkampf is gonna suck bigly

I feel like the Wahlkampf is going to be a big irrelevant show at the end of which the CDU will continue to reign as before, tbh. I'm not expecting anything of actual interest to happen, which in itself is a good metaphor for life in Germany.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
RRG had a majority for years. It's not Merkel's fault that the leftist filth waits for her approval before voting on stuff they claim to consider important.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm disappointed Bild isn't celebratory :colbert:

botany posted:

I feel like the Wahlkampf is going to be a big irrelevant show at the end of which the CDU will continue to reign as before, tbh. I'm not expecting anything of actual interest to happen, which in itself is a good metaphor for life in Germany.
Yes.

Randler posted:

RRG had a majority for years. It's not Merkel's fault that the leftist filth waits for her approval before voting on stuff they claim to consider important.
Gab es damals eine Mehrheit in der Bevölkerung?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Cingulate posted:

I'm disappointed Bild isn't celebratory :colbert:

WIRD SIND SCHWUL

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Sereri posted:

WIRD SIND SCHWUL

Should have celebrated with a hot naked beefcake instead of tits on page 3

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Congrats German goons.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Finally it's legal to use these 👬👭👨‍❤‍💋‍👨👩‍❤‍💋‍👩👨‍❤‍👨👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧 emojis in Germany

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Lunar Suite posted:

Na endlich. Besser spät als nie, wobei es arg peinlich ist das sogar die Amis uns überholt haben.

Immerhin war es unser Parlament und nicht das Verfassungsgericht, dass das mal eben durchgedrückt hat. Moralischer Sieg!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

oliwan posted:

Finally it's legal to use these 👬👭👨‍❤‍💋‍👨👩‍❤‍💋‍👩👨‍❤‍👨👨‍👨‍👦‍👦👨‍👨‍👧‍👧👩‍👩‍👧 emojis in Germany

Actually no, they're considered hate speech under the new Netzwerkdurchsetzungsgesetz

/e: probably caused Randler to bleed from the nose

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Smirr posted:

Ehe für Alle had a majority of 75 and 83 % in the last surveys I've seen. The people getting their knickers in a twist are a small minority of Ewiggestriger.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Nobnob posted:

Immerhin war es unser Parlament und nicht das Verfassungsgericht, dass das mal eben durchgedrückt hat. Moralischer Sieg!

I was about to brag that none of our politicians has called this the first step towards the downfall of our very society, but lol:

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2017-06/reaktionen-abstimmung-ehe-fuer-alle-bundestag posted:

An dieses Gebot mag sich die AfD nicht halten. "Merkel-CDU verramscht Ehe auf dem Altar des Machterhalts. Nach Angaben eines Sprechers prüfe die Partei eine mögliche Verfassungsklage. Die Ehe zwischen Mann und Frau sei ein "kulturelles Kernelement unserer christlich-abendländischen Kultur", sagte Partei-Vize Alexander Gauland. Die AfD trete gegen eine Wertebeliebigkeit ein, "die in letzter Instanz unsere gesellschaftlichen Strukturen und unser Fortkommen auflöst".

Double lol:

https://twitter.com/FraukePetry/sta...-alle-bundestag
"It's terrible that the established parties use their influence to constantly overrule the will of the people. But in this case they totally should have!"

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 30, 2017

Hambilderberglar
Dec 2, 2004

Does anyone really say "abendländischen Kultur" irl outside of the AfD? It's probably perfectly fine German but it sounds incredibly weird and offputting.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Cingulate posted:

Similarly, if you find someone on the far-right spectrum and ask them, they'll say "it's Genderwahnsinn and schleichende Islamisierung", and that'll be just as relevant to your day-to-day life, i.e., not at all.

You don't have to be on the far-right spectrum to be somewhat/massively annoyed by the Genderwahnsinn. Especially what they propose to do to the language.

IMHO more damaging to feminism than helping it progress.

Also: :toot: Ehe für alle :toot:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Hambilderberglar posted:

Does anyone really say "abendländischen Kultur" irl outside of the AfD? It's probably perfectly fine German but it sounds incredibly weird and offputting.

it's a dogwhistle for "white, christian, ethnically german", so nobody outside of the educated far right uses it.

dogboy posted:

You don't have to be on the far-right spectrum to be somewhat/massively annoyed by the Genderwahnsinn. Especially what they propose to do to the language.

and the hot takes start :rolleyes:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogboy posted:

Also: :toot: Ehe für alle :toot:

Let me guess, you are a heterosexual white male? Thanks for your valuable input 👍

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Liebe AfD,

ich habe bereits die Möglichkeit einer Verfassungsklage durch euch analysiert.

Die Antwort reimt sich mit lolgo.

Das macht 5.000 Euro.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Hambilderberglar posted:

The cultcha wes got ain't no occident, mate!

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

oliwan posted:

Let me guess, you are a heterosexual white male? Thanks for your valuable input 👍

Is this important for you? https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschlechtergerechte_Sprache

If yes: why?

Bonus points: Make a classic poem of your choice gender neutral and then recite it and try to keep a straight face.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Perestroika posted:

I was about to brag that none of our politicians has called this the first step towards the downfall of our very society, but lol:

Double lol:

https://twitter.com/FraukePetry/sta...-alle-bundestag
"It's terrible that the established parties use their influence to constantly overrule the will of the people. But in this case they totally should have!"

The good thing about the AfD is that they are way too incompetent and disorganized to do any verfassungsklags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

dogboy posted:

Is this important for you? https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geschlechtergerechte_Sprache

If yes: why?

Bonus points: Make a classic poem of your choice gender neutral and then recite it and try to keep a straight face.

I guess you still use Neger in daily speech, seeing as classical literature also uses it?

Hint: if you want to approach a super complex issue like language change and language planning, try to think it through a little bit before coming up with some tenth grade persuasive speech arguments either way.