Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

GateOfD posted:

to make it playable on Switch maybe.

On Switch, there's a 2-3sec. loading screen before and after every battle

This Suikoden V callback......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Meowywitch posted:

man thats it? back in my day we had playstation chrono trigger with 10 second load times in between battles....

The ps1 FF6 was kinda bad too, but not nearly as bad as CT.

I actually played through the entire PS1 FF6 and the only real issue is there’s like a 4 second delay to being up the triangle menu.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

there is a small loading screen before battle on PS5 as well, which is not great but it's not killing me too badly rn

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

every random battle in dq7 should have had the door opening animation from resident evil

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

?? this has to be a hidden texture from a rendering bug right

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Radia posted:

I wonder what the rules for Kickstarter backer portraits were, because that’s my bet.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's not a kickstarter game.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

TheMightyBoops posted:

I wonder what the rules for Kickstarter backer portraits were, because that’s my bet.

noteable kickstarter success story, tales of the abyss (2006)

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Oh lol I didn’t know what Eiyuden looked like.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It also reveals you haven't played Tales of the Abyss so youve got some homework!!!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Barudak posted:

It also reveals you haven't played Tales of the Abyss so youve got some homework!!!

Listen it’s on the list.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I tried playing Abyss a few times but wasn't able to get into it. The same is true for other Tales games in general. I think something about the series just doesn't work for me, even though I enjoy other jrpg stuff like the Trails games.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Radia posted:

Luke's admiring it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Radia posted:

its art op

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Honestly kickstarter backer portraits would be a lot better if they were goofy caricatures instead of framed picture of normal guy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bad portraits are just a tales running gag. usually its wanted posters but you can find other instances of them scattered around

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you see before hd tvs ruined everything by forcing devs to spend 2000 years of man hours rendering horse buttholes video games used to have jokes in them

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z99PKe7kOA

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wanted posters are a timeless classic. But my favorite is the one in Honkai Star Rail where they draw posters for the main characters, but the only person in the military who can draw is the girl who makes BL shoujo manga doujinshi:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Infinity Gaia posted:

Wow, I can't believe Nowa permanently loses his accessory slot super early on in Eiyuden. That's rough. But I mean, I guess at least you get to run fast afterwards.

No, but seriously, gently caress the Dash Boots. Don't lock the ability to move fast behind a drat accessory when each character only has one single accessory slot! That's a dick move!

I just found the boots and turns out you can put them on anyone in your party and Nowa gets the buff. It's not that much better but at least it can go on someone less crucial.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ive now eaten poo poo 2 times in Eiyuden Chronicles with its gimmick mechanic and now lost the first war battle because if there is a way to misunderstand how something will work Ill do it. I gotta think less complex.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Barudak posted:

Ive now eaten poo poo 2 times in Eiyuden Chronicles with its gimmick mechanic and now lost the first war battle because if there is a way to misunderstand how something will work Ill do it. I gotta think less complex.

I like that the gimmick battle mechanic is just called "gimmick" and not "reposition" or "tactical maneuvers" or whatever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lmao I nearly lost the first war battle again for another over think. I am incredible at this.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I like that the gimmick battle mechanic is just called "gimmick" and not "reposition" or "tactical maneuvers" or whatever

Oh absolutely agreed

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

lmao did jade and anise just hold guy down and start tickling him

why the gently caress didnt i get that voice acted. game is trash

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hunter Noventa posted:

Yeah I limited the game to 60 with nvidia and the encounter rate got much more frequent.

How do I do this? I'm not really familiar with mucking with NVidia settings (and haven't touched them since I got the current computer)

EDIT: Figured it out, I think, didn't expect program-specific controls to be under "Manage 3D Settings"

Artelier fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 25, 2024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lmao Eiyuden thats really rude when you introduce a mechanic of fighting then instantly reveal the AI is input reading

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ytlaya posted:

I tried playing Abyss a few times but wasn't able to get into it. The same is true for other Tales games in general. I think something about the series just doesn't work for me, even though I enjoy other jrpg stuff like the Trails games.

Apparently Tales is more generally girl-targeted so maybe that's why? i'm not sure.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im not a fan of 3/4ths the Tales games Ive played, but its not cause its "for girls" or whatever.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

underrated game if you can handle a high degree of both gacha and shonen bullshit

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
i think its a pretty popular title.

appropriately rated imo

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

underrated game

not really

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Radia posted:

10/10

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Clarste posted:

Wanted posters are a timeless classic. But my favorite is the one in Honkai Star Rail where they draw posters for the main characters, but the only person in the military who can draw is the girl who makes BL shoujo manga doujinshi:

i swear ive seen more wanted poster gags too, i just can't remember the others other than ff7rebirth and xenoblade 2

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i swear ive seen more wanted poster gags too, i just can't remember the others other than ff7rebirth and xenoblade 2

It happens in Tales a bit
https://tales-of.fandom.com/wiki/Wanted_Posters

https://twitter.com/rpgfancom/status/1710460059262574839

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

yes, sorry

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

hosed up that page only shows a small handful of them

quote:

The posters have been said to add comedic humour as the situation is dire but gives the players something to chuckle about.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Is there a basic guide for starting out in the Eiyuden bayblade minigame so that I can get some basic tops without getting immediately destroyed? The couple opponents I've found are clearly way out of my current league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

11/10