Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

gfuel.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I don't mind more gun variety why change the Negev when the M249 is still so bad?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
idk either but I guess it's safer for them to change guns they added for GO rather than ones that were around since 1.6 or whatever. Not like it mattered since you'd buy an autosniper or dualies before you'd ever touch the M249.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I guess it makes a little bit of sense to wait until they've figured out what they want to do with this suppression idea/mechanic before they touch up the M249. Also the benefit of leaving (a really bad) machine gun in the game while they're working on the other?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

M249 has one of the best gun sounds in the game so that automatically makes it top tier

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Agoat posted:

I don't mind more gun variety why change the Negev when the M249 is still so bad?
Friendly reminder that the answer is always:

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Here's a video for Goon TSwift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXtO-hMRYiM

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Optic loses both pistols against SK, still wins train 16-14

lmfao

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Optic adds JasonR

SK loses first map to Optic this season.

JasonR better than everyone on SK.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Daeno posted:

Friendly reminder that the answer is always:

This breaks my heart.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Hiko got ousted for JasonR? drat.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Agoat posted:

This breaks my heart.

It's ancient but it's still the world's best photo. It's just so perfect. It was back when we were optimistic, and thought they might love CS like they loved DotA.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
shroud used krieg and aug on the way to 31 frags last night

loving codguns!!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm gonna be kind of sad if my OP meme gun stops being a novelty

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Shroud so bad now he has to rely on noob guns lmao

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I mean, this was my last goonman ace... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAYAoPqO_0

Maybe were giving TrueChaos too much crap.

PS I was robbed of my antieco ace last night

Audax fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 29, 2017

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone know what kind of pc/settings Tarik is using? He's literally the only streamer I have seen getting a solid 500+ fps in game, what the gently caress voodoo is this?

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

Photex posted:

Anyone know what kind of pc/settings Tarik is using? He's literally the only streamer I have seen getting a solid 500+ fps in game, what the gently caress voodoo is this?

Spend 2 dollars and ask him.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Playing 400x300 helps

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Perhaps others are just playing with the default 300 maximum fps?

Smol fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 30, 2017

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

fps_max 500 maybe. Its fps_max 0 for no limit. But if say you leave it at 300 which like smol said is default you generally see dips to like 250 every so often. If you turn it up to say 400 you see drops to but higher than 300 usually. I don't watch that stream but it must be a pretty highend pc to get consistent fps with no drops. csgo is a weird game. For example

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/5vev69/shroud_turning_off_hyperthreading_gives_more_fps/

I didn't test that myself but it sounds like a totally ridiculous thing to do.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

mcvey posted:

Playing 400x300 helps

But Photex plays even lower than that tho?

Tbh getting good fps in CS:GO kinda feels a bit like luck. Seems that every setup is different and what not. No matter my settings I get 250-400 fps. People talk about lowering your res to get better fps but it does nothing for me. 800x600 all low is the same as 1080p all high for me. I know my GPU severely outclasses CS:GO but still I feel like the resolution change should do something for my CPU :shrug:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

But Photex plays even lower than that tho?

Tbh getting good fps in CS:GO kinda feels a bit like luck. Seems that every setup is different and what not. No matter my settings I get 250-400 fps. People talk about lowering your res to get better fps but it does nothing for me. 800x600 all low is the same as 1080p all high for me. I know my GPU severely outclasses CS:GO but still I feel like the resolution change should do something for my CPU :shrug:

I don't recommend Photex's settings.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Gingerbread House Music posted:

This is a clear misrepresentation, everyone knows I keep the round timer and everything on the bottom

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

hes probably got a kicking rad processor or uses a two computer setup. dazed went to two PCs and has ridiculous fps

surc
Aug 17, 2004

p-sure tarik has said on stream that he doesn't know what's in his computer, he went to a shop and had a dude build it for him. Dude is straight up hardware-illiterate. One thing is, he is doing dual-pc setup for streaming, so there's no additional load outside of the game.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
guessing he has a 6800k or better, pretty much anyone I know using a 4690k or 4790k and 970 can't get over 250 fps. me, hellraiser, garfu included if i'm remembering their pcs correctly. i think there's something hosed with all of the 2014 releases of the i5 and i7, specifically for csgo. what are you using, photex?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I have a 7600k and I understand he is using a dual PC setup to stream but to have a constant 400-500 fps like he does seems insane. I hover around 350ish with my CPU.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I'm averaging around 300fps with a 6500, stock clocking.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

stump collector posted:

guessing he has a 6800k or better, pretty much anyone I know using a 4690k or 4790k and 970 can't get over 250 fps. me, hellraiser, garfu included if i'm remembering their pcs correctly. i think there's something hosed with all of the 2014 releases of the i5 and i7, specifically for csgo. what are you using, photex?

6700k and 1070 with pretty solid 300.

Please learn other people's PCs better before you talk about them.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
i got a 1080 and 6700k at 4.7 ghz and i can't even get a solid 250-300. game loving sucks

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I have a 4750 and a short 960 and get 300+

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Garfu posted:

6700k and 1070 with pretty solid 300.

Please learn other people's PCs better before you talk about them.

lol drat son

if you guys have all this $$ behind your pcs then tarik probably bought one of the $1k intel cpus

oh mine is i5 4430 and short 1060 and i get 120-250. my old pc was 4790k with 970 and i got about 200 around the time of the new nuke update

staying on my open team during offseason is good because the only teams scrimming us are playoff open or im teams. i love this poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDFZC2m7a-I

stump collector fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 30, 2017

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Autechre config is pro-tier

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

stump collector posted:

I run a 4790k and had no issue at 1080 topping out at 300 with a 970 before that 970 took a poo poo last week. I don't think I was holding 300 at 1440 on my current monitor though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hmm it appears that csgo performance varies wildly for everyone and i'm a huge dipshit!!

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Depths posted:

i got a 1080 and 6700k at 4.7 ghz and i can't even get a solid 250-300. game loving sucks

This is for any goddamn setting, low, high, any resolution

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
In fairness, high and low settings have always had almost no effect on your FPS. You really don't need more than 150 fps anyway, just so long as it's stable. Having a billion FPS is cool but it doesn't make any real difference. Maybe if you have one of those 200Hz monitors?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
mines starting to piss me off, if you watch my lovely clips i put in here, i can dip below 120fps if there is more than just a smoke and a player on the screen. its about time for an upgrade or new build though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Jeza posted:

In fairness, high and low settings have always had almost no effect on your FPS. You really don't need more than 150 fps anyway, just so long as it's stable. Having a billion FPS is cool but it doesn't make any real difference. Maybe if you have one of those 200Hz monitors?

Well, I will argue that you can feel the rise in input lag if it drops below 165'ish (even though it doesn't go below 144) and you are used to running 200+ most of the time. I guess if it is stable you won't notice much though. Otherwise something else was acting up when I was in the middle of B on overpass and mine would dip close to the 144.