Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I loved it.

I also liked Avengers.

Peace out, I'm going to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Skwirl posted:

The non-nuclear qualifier makes it seem less big, it's big enough to kill people for miles. It's the third biggest bomb used in a military operation ever and the biggest bomb used in a military operation in more than 60 years. I'm pretty sure we just committed a war crime because our President was bored or angry.

It's a big bomb but very small bombload overall. Trump's very beautiful and presidential cruise missile attack had more explosives and war crimes.

edit: Also Trump related, Monsters is really good. That director sure has a bright future ahead of him!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Snak posted:

No way, it's like an hour short, which means it would have to have >50% more badness per hour to be worse.

Independence Day 2 has an ounce of joy and entertainment in it which is more than I can say for BvS

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

I just take issue with the guy claiming people who didn't like BvS were a bunch of snobs who'd never watch a Fast and Furious film. That's just silly. Everyone here loves Dom and his friends.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just found out there's another Paul Verhoeven out there who's one of those guys who talks about how much he loves geek culture and is constantly excited for the next nerd thing to consume, and for some reason that makes me really upset.

https://twitter.com/paulverhoeven/status/852428696250077184

He's even verified on twitter as Paul Verhoeven.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I just saw Colossal and it is a very good movie.

Also, Mondo is selling this:

https://mondotees.com/products/colossal-bottle-opener
lol

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

🤔

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Snak posted:

I liked The Grey. That was a pretty good movie.

It's really wonderful.

I've also been thinking that the casting of Liam Neeson makes it kind of a mature rejoinder to Taken, in that they both deal with the trauma of 9/11. Like, Taken is what a lot of people wanted, with the family's dad going on a revenge mission to defend and make whole again the nuclear family. Susan Faludi, in The Terror Dream, has some great stuff about the focus on the imagined nuclear family (and the paterfamilias protecting family) and how that became very prominent in the US after 9/11. Against that, The Grey presents death and domestic catastrophe as something that is irreversible, and Liam Neeson's arc is about finding the inner strength to both accept and confront the absurdity and inevitability of death.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I haven't seen Now You See Me 2, but I would be that it's the worst blockbuster of 2016.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

plz dont pull out posted:

I just take issue with the guy claiming people who didn't like BvS were a bunch of snobs who'd never watch a Fast and Furious film. That's just silly. Everyone here loves Dom and his friends.

They're his family actually

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Lurdiak posted:

I just found out there's another Paul Verhoeven out there who's one of those guys who talks about how much he loves geek culture and is constantly excited for the next nerd thing to consume, and for some reason that makes me really upset.

https://twitter.com/paulverhoeven/status/852428696250077184

He's even verified on twitter as Paul Verhoeven.

FishBulb posted:

Oh man I'm gunna troll this sad fucker until I get banned :/

This coward gently caress blocked me already

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 14, 2017

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Whatever, guy has same name, but

quote:

Sony brand ambassador.

why would you admit to this.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61F_qvdid0

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
oh man the list of movies for the new mst is out

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwns

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's not even the Big Mac, because that implies a level of childlike indulgence and reckless abandon. That's Civil War. Beavis is joyless and tedious. It's McDonald's lovely black coffee with a packet of sweet n low that didn't mix quite right so it hits you in the wave of coffee grounds as you finish it.

I use the Big Mac as an analogy because it's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just empty and joyless. Beavis fulfills everything a comic book movie is expected to be and nothing more or less.

Civil War is alright, but I really wish they'd stop doing these overstuffed Marvel films. The first two Captain America films are high points of the entire Marvel series, but there's just too much going on without a chance to breathe. It doesn't help that the airport scene stops the movie cold and is absolutely ridiculous considering the more realistic tone the rest of the movie takes. It's a shame because I think the film has a good political conscience otherwise, but that scene reeks of contractual obligation.

Same reason why the Avengers movies are so mediocre compared to nearly all the other Marvel films. There's some great ideas, but watered down by a lack of focus. If you were to edit each character's storylines into self-contained movies, they wouldn't work at all because the unfocused whole hides the fact that the arcs aren't that well done.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm trying my hardest to not binge all day since I wanted to watch the first new episode with my mother tonight when I go to visit her. She's a huge fan of MST3K and we usually watch an episode or two when I visit.

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 14, 2017

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Oh wow, Yongary huh.

List does look very good, a lot of stuff I've never seen or heard of which is a plus

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Oh wow, Yongary huh.

List does look very good, a lot of stuff I've never seen or heard of which is a plus

yeah that was where i got sold on this 100%

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

corn in the bible posted:

no cgi action scene can ever be good

The Adventures of Tintin (2011) is coming to beat your rear end

comic book movies are pablum for manchildren

Dredd (2012) is coming to beat your rear end

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Oh my god hell yeah, Starcrash

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I can't tell if I should watch MST3K tonight or Jackie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Whatever, guy has same name, but

why would you admit to this.

Sony fanboys are committed :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOgwQZd9eDc

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 14, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Thank you for reminding me how good the Onion's early videos were
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyph_DZa_GQ

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

xmen apocalypse was pretty bad

I don't know if it was the worst but it was really bad.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Atomic Blonde looks sick and trashy as hell though???

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuyS9M8T03A

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Gorman Thomas posted:

What actor would most convincingly deliver the line, "Well boy, I'd masturbate to that. Hell, I might even cum".

Asking for a friend.

Fred Willard.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Gorman Thomas posted:

What actor would most convincingly deliver the line, "Well boy, I'd masturbate to that. Hell, I might even cum".

Asking for a friend.

does Louis CK count as an actor

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I can fully imagine Orson Welles saying "Well boy, I'd masturbate to that. Hell, I might even cum." considering he once said that Hungarian accents give him a hard-on.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Egbert Souse posted:

I can fully imagine Orson Welles saying "Well boy, I'd masturbate to that. Hell, I might even cum." considering he once said that Hungarian accents give him a hard-on.

This is rad and relatable.

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

Sounds like something R. Lee Ermey would yell in Full Metal Jacket.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's not even the Big Mac, because that implies a level of childlike indulgence and reckless abandon. That's Civil War. Beavis is joyless and tedious. It's McDonald's lovely black coffee with a packet of sweet n low that didn't mix quite right so it hits you in the wave of coffee grounds as you finish it.

I haven't seen any of these movies, but this post made me laugh.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Can I put in a late vote for John C McGinley?

And I guess John C Reilley, too

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

does Louis CK count as an actor
Is there some reason he wouldn't?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I haven't seen Now You See Me 2, but I would be that it's the worst blockbuster of 2016.

Either people don't watch movies, or they're really big fans of The Divergent Series and Ghostbusters: Answer The Call (it's the opposite of darkgrim!).

Jutsuka
Jun 5, 2011

'Civil War' is nothing but a two and half hour trailer for the new Spider-Man.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jutsuka posted:

'Civil War' is nothing but a two and half hour trailer for the new Spider-Man.

which will be a two and a half hour trailer for the new avengers movie

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Not really.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Calling Marvel movies nothing more than trailers for later Marvel movies feels about as fresh and accurate of a take as saying that Abrams Trek was ruined by lens flair or that Shyamalan movies are all based on twists.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Calling Marvel movies nothing more than trailers for later Marvel movies feels about as fresh and accurate of a take as saying that Abrams Trek was ruined by lens flair or that Shyamalan movies are all based on twists.

true, abrams star trek was actually ruined by incompetent writing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

glam rock hamhock posted:

The new Spiderman is literally called Homecoming because his IP is back under the control of his parent corporation. Oscorp won.

• Locked thread