Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his name is john wayne vercingetorix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Notably he is not even remotely an action hero, but more like a mad scientist, iirc.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for some reason his character bio says that he got a doctorate in biochemistry from ohio state university, specifically

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Clarste posted:

Notably he is not even remotely an action hero, but more like a mad scientist, iirc.

Yeah Symphogear sounds like a shitpost out of context but is kinda typical in it.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Radia posted:

Oh I think I missed some side quest stuff, do I permanently lose access to any of that if I don’t trigger them by a certain point?

i warned you!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wasn't there something about John Wayne not having any key art so he was basically always off model?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

for some reason his character bio says that he got a doctorate in biochemistry from ohio state university, specifically

It's important to make it clear that not all evil scientists go to MIT or Stanford!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Endorph posted:

he literally says 'i am humanity's last action hero,' in english

aw thought it would be a quote from arnie

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That time they sang the theme song to Jackie Chan's Police Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nfNCEIkh8

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Wasn't there something about John Wayne not having any key art so he was basically always off model?

correct.

even when theyre trying to make him look normal it comes out like this

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Ok I didnt think any of the stealth missions in Reverse Collapse were that bad/unfun but this night mission with the ELIDs is just pure dogshit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

wild arms 6 feat. Chris Yukine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the girls frontline mobile game also has pretty bad night missions

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
eugh did eiyuden just show me the door in the proving grounds unlock, the minimap turned green but it's actually locked??
this dungeon would be fun if i didnt have to run all the way back all the drat time, it's like every dungeon stretches the hallways just enough to be annoying

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Barudak posted:

Its fun how grueling a grind against resources those fights are and how bad some of your tools turn out to be like that combo and Ivy, in general, as a character

God drat, Ivy is genuinely an anchor around your neck in that segment. I think I could have randomly picked any character from my recruits that would have done better.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There is an episode of the Zone of the Enders anime which is completely inexplicably almost a shot-for-shot recreation of Die Hard.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

There is an episode of the Zone of the Enders anime which is completely inexplicably almost a shot-for-shot recreation of Die Hard.

honestly Dolores is tied with Fist of Mars as my favourite anything about ZOE

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

honestly Dolores is tied with Fist of Mars as my favourite anything about ZOE

Dolores is probably my favorite 'bad' anime. Like it has a lot of flaws and a budget of about 50 cents but I love it a ton.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
there's a dolores model kit that's getting a reprint this year and you bet your rear end I'm getting that and making her do the 'yay' pose

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I tend to stress over build decisions but Xenoblade X assured me I could change divisions whenever, so I told myself to not worry and winged my choice. But today I learnt that you need to be online to do that (I'm emulating). Should have stuck with my instincts.

I chose Pathfinder. I'm about 7 hours in, should I consider restarting from scratch?

e:I just remembered I do have a back up save, but it's only like two hours in.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 29, 2024

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Literally none of the Division stuff matters, especially if you can't connect to the server to claim rewards.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

eugh did eiyuden just show me the door in the proving grounds unlock, the minimap turned green but it's actually locked??
this dungeon would be fun if i didnt have to run all the way back all the drat time, it's like every dungeon stretches the hallways just enough to be annoying

You fool! That button only unlocked the door, now you need to find the button that actually opens it!

I almost did the exact same thing, but then I noticed there was another side path.
I went in thinking there would be treasure there, only to be surprised when there was another switch that opened the door.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

Literally none of the Division stuff matters, especially if you can't connect to the server to claim rewards.

They affect your blade leveling if I understand correctly, and some level easier than others

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
It really doesn’t matter, but if it makes you feel better I picked pathfinder back in my 100% file and stuck with it the whole time.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

It really doesn’t matter, but if it makes you feel better I picked pathfinder back in my 100% file and stuck with it the whole time.

I’ll grit my teeth, and deal with it

E:i think there’s even xp cheats if that does prove an issue

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

On a more positive note, I’m jiving much better with XBX’s combat than I initially did with XB2’s, but I’m not sure if that’s because I like it more or because thanks to XB2 I already get Xeno combat. I’m sure XB2 would’ve felt less impenetrable if I’d played it second.

I do love the mechanical density of these games, though. Bit by bit wrapping your head around all the systems is a journey in its own right.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

goblin week posted:

i warned you!!!

ok there's just

so many NPCs to randomly talk to I don't know which ones are Plot Relevant :smith:

i think i missed Guy's and Demon Fist so far

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Rinkles posted:

On a more positive note, I’m jiving much better with XBX’s combat than I initially did with XB2’s, but I’m not sure if that’s because I like it more or because thanks to XB2 I already get Xeno combat. I’m sure XB2 would’ve felt less impenetrable if I’d played it second.

I do love the mechanical density of these games, though. Bit by bit wrapping your head around all the systems is a journey in its own right.

My friend played XB3 as his first one and I don’t think he ever understood the break/topple/launch cycle and just banked on the chain atks.

But I managed to aim for it right away from being experienced in XB1 and 2

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Radia posted:

ok there's just

so many NPCs to randomly talk to I don't know which ones are Plot Relevant :smith:

i think i missed Guy's and Demon Fist so far
The sidequests triggers in that whole era of Tales games are far beyond a reasonable level of thorough exploration, IIRC one of the infamous ones requires backtracking to a previous town (with no indication) before progressing the plot. It's one of the few cases where using a spoiler free guide isn't really going overboard.

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 29, 2024

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Does anyone like nopon?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone like nopon?

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

mycot posted:

The sidequests triggers in that whole era of Tales games are far beyond a reasonable level of thorough exploration, IIRC one of the infamous ones requires backtracking to a previous town (with no indication) before progressing the plot. It's one of the few cases where using a spoiler free guide isn't really going overboard.

im just gonna not worry about it unless i miss out on some really great content, which the consensus seems(?) to be "eh, not really"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radia posted:

im just gonna not worry about it unless i miss out on some really great content, which the consensus seems(?) to be "eh, not really"
the secret challenge boss has some backstory for jade and but you kind of need to grind to be at a high enough level to fight them. i dont think(?) any of the steps to unlock them are missable, though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone like nopon?

I like many nopon.

I hate Tora and his family. Terrible people should be kicked into the cloud ocean.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Endorph posted:

the secret challenge boss has some backstory for jade and but you kind of need to grind to be at a high enough level to fight them. i dont think(?) any of the steps to unlock them are missable, though.

jade kicks rear end. i expected natalia to be my ez fave but jade just keeps being insanely great

in other words, i guess maybe i will try to fight the secret challenge boss

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A lot of those weird missable scenes in Abyss are pretty solid imo. I probably still didn't get all of them but it'd be a shame to ignore them entirely.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the weirdest one is the extended sidequest revolving entirely around two side characters that is where 90% of their writing is and is also the most easily missable thing in the game with no significant reward

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone like nopon?

Riki was great. i cant remember a single other notable nopon from Xenoblade 1...

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

abyss seems like its really hard to get all that Sweet Lore blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone like nopon?

The main 2 in XB3 are cool.