Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
its pretty obvious by the comments between them that the cop and the murderer had an understanding of what exactly was going to transpire after they left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

PhazonLink posted:

whats with the 3rd arm sleeve?

Looks like he doesn't have his right arm in a sleeve and has it stuffed in his shirt.

Don't you know the artist has been bragging to everyone he knows that he got paid to draw a buttcrack. Might even have fulfilled a lifelong dream. A buttcrack - for science.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lmao

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Catastrophe posted:

This is my favorite new thing

Yeah this rules thanks

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Someone should photoshop the magic the gathering kneeling butt crack guy.

https://imgur.io/a/SjcgE

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Demon Of The Fall posted:

its pretty obvious by the comments between them that the cop and the murderer had an understanding of what exactly was going to transpire after they left

APD/RRPD have a tendency to do that kind of poo poo, announcing intent to allow a crime to happen, i.e. James Boyd

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Grey Cat posted:

Someone should photoshop the magic the gathering kneeling butt crack guy.

https://imgur.io/a/SjcgE

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Agh, I missed it. Bless you.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you're asleep at the wheel cat. smdh

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Buce posted:

you're asleep at the wheel cat. smdh

Yeah, I'm pretty tired. I'm going to bed before I look even more foolish than usual. Wake me if Trump produces any quality lols.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013
Time to listen to the common clay of the West again!

In Buffalo, Iowa, a community wrestles with Trump-fueled political apathy:

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213374716/iowa-voters-apathy-caucus-trump-desantis-reynolds

priznat
Jul 7, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

:five: great stuff

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

APD/RRPD have a tendency to do that kind of poo poo, announcing intent to allow a crime to happen, i.e. James Boyd

I never interacted with APD but have spoken to enough RRPD cops to know that they are the dumbest motherfuckers alive. Like, drown in a rainstorm by looking up dumb.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Arson Daily posted:

I never interacted with APD but have spoken to enough RRPD cops to know that they are the dumbest motherfuckers alive. Like, drown in a rainstorm by looking up dumb.

They're completely interchangeable, the jurisdictions touch

RRPD do more traffic stops for going 1 over on a 55

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Shown: the rare medical phenomenon of the rear end in a top hat being located at the top of the gluteal cleft instead of the usual position.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Buce posted:

this is really fuckin cool!

Amazingly enough, I can top that.

https://driveandlisten.herokuapp.com/

When my attention is wandering in a meeting I don't really need to be in, this keeps my ADHD entertained. Just mute if it's for work, you don't want random traffic noise in the background if you have to say something

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 18, 2023

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Catastrophe posted:

They still wonder just HOW I could have simply left asap about 3 seconds after it struck midnight and I turned 18. What a mystery, eh.

My mother has spent the last 35 years denying that there was any significance to the fact that I moved out after work the day after I graduated high school. High fives I guess.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

They're completely interchangeable, the jurisdictions touch

RRPD do more traffic stops for going 1 over on a 55

Don't I know it. Them and their stupid fukkin corporate owned camera vans

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

mllaneza posted:

Amazingly enough, I can top that.

https://driveandlisten.herokuapp.com/

When my attention is wandering in a meeting I don't really need to be in, this keeps my ADHD entertained. Just mute if it's for work, you don't want random traffic noise in the background if you have to say something

My ADHD said "oh hell yes", my inner ear said "oh, gently caress no." It was cool from the 30 seconds I managed to view :(

E: this is too cool to pass up. I've had to take dramamine for a video game before, I'll do it for this.

Thora fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 18, 2023

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

With a few simple alterations you can transform a domestic terrorist into an adorable Christmas bunny with a nice present just for you!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

quantumwell posted:

Time to listen to the common clay of the West again!

In Buffalo, Iowa, a community wrestles with Trump-fueled political apathy:

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/1213374716/iowa-voters-apathy-caucus-trump-desantis-reynolds

I'm happy to I see that the chud safari reporting format is still going strong. What DOES Judy, 61, at the local diner in bumfuck Iowa think about desantis's chances??

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I like how these events advertise speakers as if they were anticipated characters in a new Smash Bros. game.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

mllaneza posted:

Here's a site I love, https://radio.garden/ It's a globe with little green dots for every radio station with a live stream. There's some amazing poo poo on here. I've been using it to help decide vacation destinations.

Nthing the thanks response for this. It needs it's own thread, bet there's some really cool stuff to find.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Tree Bucket posted:

With a few simple alterations you can transform a domestic terrorist into an adorable Christmas bunny with a nice present just for you!

lmao

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mr. Nice! posted:

Colorado judge rules trump did participate in an insurrection but that the 14th doesn’t apply to the President.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/02nd_Judicial_District/Denver_District_Court/11_17_2023%20Final%20Order.pdf

Skip to page 95 for the 14th amendment analysis.

So are there any plans to alter the wording of the 14th slightly to clarify things, like “Yes and also the loving President, you idiots”?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Stoatbringer posted:

So are there any plans to alter the wording of the 14th slightly to clarify things, like “Yes and also the loving President, you idiots”?

You have to have a government that writes and passes laws to do that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stoatbringer posted:

The constitution is very difficult to amend and requires majorities that the conservatives are closer to than the progressives because of how many states are gerrymandered to have permanent republican control in their state legislature. The 14th isn’t changing anytime soon just like the 2nd isn’t. As much as I hate to say it, voting better people into office is the only solution aside from overthrowing the government (not really possible) and replacing it with something else.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Nice! posted:

The constitution is very difficult to amend and requires majorities that the conservatives are closer to than the progressives because of how many states are gerrymandered to have permanent republican control in their state legislature. The 14th isn’t changing anytime soon just like the 2nd isn’t. As much as I hate to say it, voting better people into office is the only solution aside from overthrowing the government (not really possible) and replacing it with something else.

I think it takes a majority vote of State governors to amend the Constitution, which is why alarm bells were going off for me when SheHuck ran for governor considering the company she keeps and how amazingly lovely the GOP is

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

That's an interpretation of the 14th designed to duck the question because the judge is a loving coward.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:five:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

I think it takes a majority vote of State governors to amend the Constitution, which is why alarm bells were going off for me when SheHuck ran for governor considering the company she keeps and how amazingly lovely the GOP is

Not Governors, state legislatures. And you need 3/4 of them. Good luck.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

“Hello, I would like to do an insurrection please.”
“Hmm, I’m pretty sure that’s definitely against the rules. Let me check. Are you the President?”
“Why, yes, I am.”
“Ah, it looks like everything is fine then, sir. Please go right ahead.”

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

priznat posted:

Danielle Smith is really gonna speed run the whole Alberta’s successive shittier conservative governments until it tips over to the progressive ndp because everyone is so sick of the corruption and idiocy. Usually it takes quite a few before voters get fed up enough. Problem is how much damage can they do before the voters get there.

As a BCer I live for us blocking any pipeline access to tidewater from shithead Albertans. It sustains me.
I don't know. They voted her in after Jason Kenney. He was already extremely chuddy. She is much worse, but I wouldn't expect Albertans to come to their senses.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis
I just want to pop in to say that I've been busy this week so I've only been looking at every fifth page of this thread, and it's even more of a delirious fever dream than usual when you do that. Highly recommend.

Also I live in Alberta and can confirm we are indeed Texas Jr. I live and work in a progressive bubble so it's not so bad for me, but rural Alberta is Not OK. What makes me sadder are the self-identified moderates who reflexively vote conservative because "the left can't manage an economy!" despite all evidence to the contrary.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kw0134 posted:

That's an interpretation of the 14th designed to duck the question because the judge is a loving coward.

I mean, I’ve had a few other lawfriends say that, but it seems like a relatively straightforward bit of constitutional interpretation. The amendment is ambiguous as to whether or not it applies to the president. The positions listed in the amendment are by seniority. There’d be no reason to list president below electors for the president which is what would have to be the case if president was included in “officers of the united states” plus that would contradict the other five places in the constitution where president is distinct from the officers of the united states.

If the 14th was supposed to apply to the top spot, they would have included it. A potential reason they did not is because the president is voted on by the entire nation, and their selection of an insurrectionist would be akin to congress removing the disability for someone to run for the other prohibited positions.

I don’t think the judge is ruling that way to avoid sticking her neck out. She ruled that Trump was an insurrectionist, after all.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

saintonan posted:

Not Governors, state legislatures. And you need 3/4 of them. Good luck.

:lol:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Albino Squirrel posted:

I just want to pop in to say that I've been busy this week so I've only been looking at every fifth page of this thread, and it's even more of a delirious fever dream than usual when you do that. Highly recommend.

Also I live in Alberta and can confirm we are indeed Texas Jr. I live and work in a progressive bubble so it's not so bad for me, but rural Alberta is Not OK. What makes me sadder are the self-identified moderates who reflexively vote conservative because "the left can't manage an economy!" despite all evidence to the contrary.

It's amazing how effective some conservative marketing can be. You can show hard data that every time there's a Republican president, for example, the deficit balloons, then slows or shrinks under Democrats. YET, it's the Republicans that are "Fiscally Responsible". And it's like accepted wisdom,

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Obviously agree to disagree, but imo the more natural reading is "we want all executive officers to be barred. We don't enumerate them one by one because are you loving kidding me." Only a lawyer would see that and go "hah you didn't exactly spell out the presidency, but we're gonna block secretary of homeland security."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kw0134 posted:

Obviously agree to disagree, but imo the more natural reading is "we want all executive officers to be barred. We don't enumerate them one by one because are you loving kidding me." Only a lawyer would see that and go "hah you didn't exactly spell out the presidency, but we're gonna block secretary of homeland security."

They did bar executive officers. The president is separate from that, though. I’ve been saying this since the suit was filed. It’s the natural interpretation of the amendment. The absence of president must be considered deliberate since they could have included it but actively chose not to do so. This comports with all the other constitutional definitions of officers of the United States.

Like, I don’t disagree with you that this outcome is dumb in a general sense, but it is 100% correct in my estimation from a legal perspective. If the drafters/ratifiers of the amendment wanted to include the president, they would have done so. They even did in an earlier version and removed it further indicating that they meant to exempt the president. I don’t think there is a canon of statutory/constitutional interpretation that would dictate a different result.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: the only way to stop a guy like Trump from being elected again is with the ballot box.