Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Job Seeker

Education: BS Information Science, BS Biology both from the University of Pittsburgh

Experience: 2 years desktop/technical support with 1.5 of that 20 hours a week during college and 40 in the summers, full time summer .net software development internship

What I'm Looking For: I'm very flexible at the moment. I'm moving back to NYC after having to go back to Pittsburgh for a few months following a bad breakup.

I'd most like a data analyst type position. I'm currently taking the data analyst classes on Udacity, I'm done with the two stats classes and I'm doing some Python now. I have experience with Excel and SQL including things like pivot tables. I used Tableau some when I was working in a dry lab during my Biology bachelors. This lab looked at using data in biology education including how to use public data sources.

Failing that, I'll take any sort of desktop or technical support job as long as it isn't completely remote support. If the company has opportunities to move to a more technical job later, that'd be fantastic. I'd also be interest in junior project management, system administration, or business analyst jobs.

I'd be open to other types of office jobs as well.

Availability: Immediately

Contact: PM would be the best, I can give you my email from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackeychicken
Jul 23, 2003

Oh my god! What have you done to the internet?!

Sarcasmatron posted:

Job Postings

Blizzard Entertainment is hiring over 250 people worldwide. See postings here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/careers/directory.html

Internal referrals get looked at first. I came in through a goon referral and want to pay it forward.

If you see anything of interest, please send me a PM and we can discuss further.

EDIT:

4 referral codes sent so far. A couple of things that will help me help you, and will get a referral code sent more quickly:

- LinkedIn link, so that I have a better idea of who you are.
- Link to the jobs you're interested in, so that I can speak to the position(s) you're asking about.

As to general "what's Blizzard like?" questions (I've been getting a lot of those), I'd suggest reading up on Blizzard's Core Values:
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/mission.html

Another question that is coming up a lot: yes, Blizzard pays relocation (depending on position and job location).

I don't have Platinum to PM you but I had applied for Associate CRM Manager at Blizzard about two weeks ago, would love a referral if possible. You can email me at samcavanaugh@gmail.com and I can send you my LinkedIn profile plus whatever else you need.

Thanks in advance!

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

USMC503 posted:

Some promising job prospects fell through and now I'm getting kind of desperate (seasonal work just ain't cutting it).

Job Seeker

Area of expertise: Marketing, Finance, Sales. I'm pretty versatile.

Education: B.A. Marketing, B.A. Advertising Management from Portland State University. Current CFA Level 1 candidate.

Experience: I have experience mostly in B2B and retail sales (combined over a year). I also have social media marketing, market research, and marketing and finance consulting experience.

Looking For: Something in the Finance industry or high tech industry is preferable. I am willing to take contract work, and willing to relocate for the right opportunity (I'd need to leave my wife behind as she is a doctoral student here).

Quoting this as I have since gotten a job, but hate it and want a new one!

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Job Seeker (for a friend)

Education: just finished master's in nutrition

What I'm Looking For: entry level dietitian job

Contact: PM or reply in the thread and we'll take it from there

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 29, 2017

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Reposting this because we're now moving to Philly instead of Oregon wheeeeeeeee

Job Seeker

Education: BA Chemistry (2010), MS Chemistry (2013)

Experience: Currently working QA/QC in a food chemistry lab (since Sept 2013), and have research experience from undergrad and grad school.

Looking for: Research or applications work, preferably in chemistry. Also willing to do QC/QA for the right position, I hear it's widely applicable across industries.

Availability: Moving to Philly in mid-May, would like to have something lined up immediately or shortly after we arrive as my fiancee doesn't start work until June 1st.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Job Posting

Skills: Light coding, Light HTML skills, Some Excel Skills, Interest in Marketing, Light Social Media Skills. Entry-Level Job. I will be willing to train you. Entry-level position at a digital marketing company. Experience working with E-Mail Marketing / Display Advertising is a plus but not necessary.

Please PM me a link to your resume (or something) with your phone number so we can chat.

Email me at: metalgear AT gmail.com

The quicker the better. Thanks!

Zuph
Jul 24, 2003
Zupht0r 6000 Turbo Type-R
Job Posting(s)

The company I work for, Techshot, is currently looking to fill a couple of positions. We're a small contract engineering firm located just outside Louisville, in Greenville, Indiana. We focus on high-tech development, with most of our contracts coming from the government. We do a ton of work for NASA, DoD, NHS, and others, in addition to corporate and start-up clients. We've been in business for 25 years, sent multiple payloads up on the Space Shuttle, built several new medical devices, and spun off a business making rugged LED lighting. We recently sent a payload up to the ISS, and we're under contract to deliver several more! With only 36 employees, it's a great work environment, with lots of schedule flexibility, and freedom to "go your own direction" with projects. We're currently looking to fill two positions: A Software Engineer and a Machinist.

Machinist Posting
Looking for a general purpose machinist who can turn parts around rapidly when necessary. We shop out a lot of stuff, but sometimes we need to make things quick. If you have less experience than requested, but can demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, it's still worth applying.

Software Engineer Posting
Any software engineer would need to be reasonably comfortable with low-level interfacing with hardware. Embedded development experience a huge plus. Our software interacts with lower-level embedded device we've developed in-house, giving users a nice front-end interface, and offloading some of the heavy computational lifting.

I'm an Electrical Engineer here, and I can pretty confidently say that it's a great job for a technically curious engineer. There isn't a lot of opportunity to move "up the management chain" within the company, but the work environment is super-flexible, the projects are technically interesting and challenging, and the current team is intelligent and motivated. If you have any questions about the company, job postings, or would like to submit your resume/cover letter, send me a PM.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My employer is looking for a Marketing Intern, a HR Generalist, and an Administrative Assistant. In Troy MI.

If anyone wants me to forward over the job posting let me know. Pretty sure that marketing internship is a paid position.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 29, 2017

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Job Seeker

Right now Nebraska, but looking to GTFO. Open to any state except CA, NY, and IL. Kinda zeroed in on Seattle, Portland, and southern Michigan but open to pretty much anywhere.

Education:
BS Industrial Design, minor professional writing.

Experience:
Designed interiors for VVIP head of state aircraft for a couple of years, moved to NE and got a job doing interior engineering (designing cabinets and TV mounts and such so they don't kill someone if the plane crashes, etc) for same except downgraded to VIP. We want to get the hell out of Nebraska because, well, it's Nebraska. I never knew a state could be so boring.

What I'm Looking For:
A job to get me out of my engineering rut, I miss doing creative things. I really want to get back into design but I'm hitting a wall since I can't share anything I've worked on for the past 3 years due to confidentiality reasons so all I've got to show is my student portfolio. I don't mind a super corporate job, I don't need something with foozball tables and beer in the fridge as long as it's a well-run company.

Availability:
Pretty much any time. My contract is up in June but I can leave whenever if something good comes along.

PM me or reply to this post.

akurlej
Feb 17, 2011
Graduating in May, job search isn't being too kind, figured I'd post here.

Job Seeker

Currently in Massachusetts, looking to relocate to any major city in the New England area + New York City + Washington DC area + California. My preferred choice is Boston though.

Education:
BS in Physics and Mathematics

Experience:
A lot of research in physics, specifically involving detectors sensitive to radioactive rates. Research typically included a lot of simulation + data analysis. I have about 3 years experience in C++/MATLAB, but I wouldn't say I'm on the caliber of a software engineer, but I'm willing to learn and I'm sure I could excel at it. Research work has been primarily computational based, but I've done some hardware work too (vacuum systems, some electronic maintenance).

I also have about 4 years experience at my University's help desk at the library, so generally assisting patrons print, use software, and find resources at the library.

What I'm Looking For:
Really, I'm looking for anything that is technical or involves problem solving. So I'd do IT help desk, or do an analyst/consultant position, or engineer/scientist role. I'd be interested in further developing my programming skills also.

Availability:
Anytime starting June 1st.

Email me at akurlej at gmail.com

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Job Seeker

Cleveland, OH. I would be willing to relocate but I honestly just don't have the funds to go anywhere.

Education:
Ahahahhahaha... gently caress me. HS Grad, 1 year of college, dropped out.

Experience:
Uhhhh, what do I even put here? 4 years restaurant experience, 1 year of sales experience professionally. Home background in troubleshooting computers, both hardware and software, but no formal training on it outside of a couple high school vocational courses.

What I'm Looking For:
Ideally something in IT, but honestly I just need a job right now. I'm unemployed and broke so I don't have much choice.

Availability:
Anytime, see above.

PM me or reply to this post.

DroneRiff
May 11, 2009

Probably a long shot as this is a UK job and closes this Sunday (26/04), but here goes nothing!

Job Listing

Job: EPR Support / Configuration Analyst (NHS AfC band 6 - £26k starting)

What we're after:
Two new posts in the BAU support team for our Cerner Acute PAS. One with focus on Order Comms support. Involves supporting all aspects of PAS (and sometimes related areas). Including end user help desk and support issues. Clinic and build config, development of set up to support new developments/policies/requiresments in the Hospital. Including improvinf/expanding existing functionality and helping develope any new functionality introduced.

We've just taken on Cerner RadNet Radiology scheduling/clinical reporting and system widd Order Comms "Results and Reporting". So the team is expanding to meet the extra load and upskilling to support these new areas. Very much a "be able to take on anything that gets thrown at the team" role.

Person Spec:
A hands on, always ready to learn approach to problem solving and support.
Self motivated and able to take intiative in resolving issues, learning new skills or improving processes.
Willing to learn a range of new systems and become a subject matter expert to improve team knowledge base.
Able to deal with the "I've never seen that error before" sort of problems.
Flexabliliy in work load managment and good team working.
Cerner experience a plus but not required.
Order Comms (in any solution at all) a plus too.
Cerner CCL or Orcale SQL reporting experience a plus.
NHS experinece a plus.
Degree in analytical / technical subject a plus.

Other stuff:
We're a really relaxed and friendly team snd enjoy working together and helping each other. Very approachable and "hands off" manager (all the support you need but no micro managing or targerts) and a supportive and technically skilled senior manager. The work tends to be that odd mix of routine day to day support changes and support frantic bursts (or long floods) of new issues and changes. So have to be able to handle both things.

I'm the senior analyst / systems expert / team lead (among other things) and will be on the interview panel.

Also phone posted, forgive horrible typos!

How to apply: Via NHS Jobs Listing

Other Questions: PM me for anything.

DroneRiff fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 24, 2015

Phineus
Jul 21, 2008

Good to the last drop.
Job Seeker

Location: Relocating to the greater Seattle area some time in August

Education: BS Behavioral Science with departmental honors (2015)

Experience: 5 years retail customer service management as well as community management for a pre-launch MMORPG. Completion of a summer legal internship.

Looking for: Entry level positions in marketing, advertising, community and customer service. I am basically looking for an opportunity to get out of the retail world and move into something more corporate/career related.

Availability: Moving to Seattle before the end of the summer and I would like to have some means of gainful employment lined up before my arrival.

TLDR: Coffee Slave with a humanities degree seeks anything.

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004
Job Posting

Company: Healthfirst

Job: Jr. Healthcare Analyst (~$55,000 to $58,000)

Info: Healthfirst is one of the largest managed care companies in New York City and our department, Financial Analysis, is looking to hire a recent graduate. Some healthcare experience would be a plus, but the hiring manager just needs someone who is willing to learn and has at least a bachelor's degree. This is a typical analyst job where you analyze costs and profitability using Excel and write reports, but you are expected to eventually learn SAS.

https://external-healthfirst.icims.com/jobs/8659/junior-healthcare-analyst%2c-finance-analysis/job

You can also PM me your resume and I can forward it to the hiring manager himself but you have to apply online if you want to be considered.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
^ I'm in the process of applying to that job, but I don't have PMs; would it be possible to e-mail you my resume instead?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Job Seeker

Education:
BA in History, and also certs in TV Production in Broadcasting.

Experience:
4 years as a cashier, plus about a year's worth of practical experience with TV/Broadcasting (Cameras, switchboard, editing, ect)

What I'm Looking For:
Trying to get my food in the door with something history-related, but anything involved TV would also be good.

Availability:
Anytime, though I'll probably get back to you quickest around noon.

Reply to the post or PM me and we'll take it from there.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Saros fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 21, 2015

Carnival47
Jul 21, 2004

Valex posted:

^ I'm in the process of applying to that job, but I don't have PMs; would it be possible to e-mail you my resume instead?

Sure send it to ra37us@gmail.com

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Saros posted:

Job Posting
Got openings for something ridiculous like seventeen Analysts in the US division of my work. PM me.

Is this position potentially remote?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yes can be totally remote.

schmagekie
Dec 2, 2003
Nevermind.

The Jax
May 15, 2004

Saros posted:

Yes can be totally remote.

Do you have any info on the compensation?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Saros fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 16, 2016

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Job Seeker

Education:
High School. Some training through current internship for business related management.

Experience:
6 years Marine Corps, infantry. 4 years as a NAVAIR intern on the Logistics Management side of the house. Throughout the internship I've taught small UAVs, did some basic IT work and am now working with several aircraft support teams on the maintenance planning and provisioning side of the house.

What I'm Looking For:
Anything that will pay the bills really. Outdoors work preferably or work that doesn't keep me indoors 5-6 days a week for 9 hours a day. Preferably with a company that doesn't treat it's employees like poo poo. Would love to move out west. Arizona/Washington/etc.

Availability:
June/July '15, then whenever.

PM or reply.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
Job Seeker

Education:
College- B.S. in Biology

Experience:
Some academic research, I'm comfortable with most basic laboratory techniques (pcr, tissue culture, multi channel pipetting, etc), literature review, and dishwashing. I have also had a few landscape/warehouse jobs.

What I'm Looking For:
Anything in cellular and molecular biology, entry level for a new graduate, commensurate pay.

Availability:
Immediately

devanmoorman at gmail dot com

Montezuma Zubaz
Aug 13, 2010

Houdini didn't die of AIDS! Why do you always say that?
Job Seeker

Education: Bachelors of Fine Arts, Ceramics

Experience: 3 years business analytics for a major for-profit higher education institution, 2 years customer service and technical support.

Also, kiln technician, arts instructor, plaster mold-maker, wax casting, basic arc welding, and sculpting experience.

(How did you get involved with the business analytics stuff?): I had no experience and was trained from the ground up; the company I worked for is famous for identifying talent and promoting from within.

What I'm Looking For: Junior business analytics or anything related to my fine arts background. Or anything else. I have full availability and am very flexible.

Montezuma Zubaz fucked around with this message at 14:07 on May 18, 2015

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Job Listing

Job: SEM Coordinator (transitions into Strategist)

Qualifications:

Tech and web savvy
Strong interpersonal skills
Proficiency with MS Suite, especially Excel
Numerate & analytical - must be comfortable manipulating large data sets
Lateral, independent thinker - creativity is key
Ambitious & intrinsically motivated
Customer service oriented

Duties:
Work closely with a small team of search marketers to develop and implement search marketing strategies for our clients. The position will involve planning, design, analysis and hands-on work account work.

Conduct PPC account audits
Research & build PPC campaigns
Develop keyword strategy
Write brilliant ad copy
Conduct SEO site audits
Execute client performance reporting

Preferred:

Experience with client interfacing, SEO, Social Media and/or Web Design/Development
Knowledge of hilarious internet memes and YouTube videos
BA/BS degree
Ability to lift 50-70 pounds, repeatedly, for our entertainment

We love our clients, numbers and big-picture digital marketing strategy. We dabble in hourly ping pong games and regrettable things have been said over games of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. You'll be facing clients on a day-to-day basis while pulling the levers on AdWords, Bing Ads and AdRoll campaigns, among others. We'll also expect you to become an Excel and Google Analytics guru. If you're in the Beaverton or Portland area and interested, shoot me a message!

Acethomas
Sep 21, 2004

NHL 1451 684 773 1457
Job Listing

There are a ton more jobs here: http://www.nixhydra.com/jobs/ this is just one that needs to be filled!
Some of the other jobs include: Game Designer, Digital Content Producer, 3D Modelers
I already posted this in the game jobs thread

Job: UI/UX Artist

Qualifications:

5+ years of relevant schooling/experience OR
2+ year of professional UI/UX design and digital art experience.
Photoshop fluency
Illustrator skill
Flash skill
After Effects (or equivalent) skill

Duties:
Concept, wire frame, flesh out, and polish front end and in-game interfaces
Create animations, transitions, and effects with After Effects, Flash, Photoshop (or equivalent) to be used in game or as reference to programmers.
Generate game ready assets from source that adhere to strict development guidelines.
Be familiar with general optimization and exporting guidelines
Be an expert with mobile UI patterns, and follow current trends in game and application interfaces.
Be knowledgeable of common usability guidelines, and always have the player's experience in mind when designing.
Be able to match different artistic styles while being able to also contribute your own unique vision
We expect artists we hire to be versatile, open minded, and communicative. You will be working closely with the creative director, Art Director, artists, designers and modelers, and should be familiar with all areas of game development. You don’t have to be a designer, an audio engineer, or a programmer; you just have to be able to work and communicate with them.
Measure twice, cut once. We believe in planning and so should you. You will be required to review GDDs and write ADDs that provide detailed work breakdowns and time estimates. You must think ahead about what assets you are creating, how long it will take, how it fits with everything else in the game, and plan accordingly.
Meet regularly with creative director, Art Director, designers, and artists for planning and review. This will involve taking constructive criticism and knowing how and when to assimilate feedback from peers.

Perks!

Here are some of the perks you’ll be enjoying at Nix Hydra:
4 day work week. We get Mondays off and work 10 hours per day Tuesdays through Fridays.
Unlimited vacations. Just give everyone a proper heads up, and be considerate of deadlines.
A helpful & collaborative team. Work with people who love what they do and are happy to pitch in with ideas.
Monthly game/arts and crafts nights with the best tacos in town.

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Job Seeker

Education: Master of Arts, History.

Experience: Four years administrative assistant/receptionist in an academic setting. Lots of research experience. Advanced Excel, Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint skills.

What I'm Looking For: An entry level job in a law firm, preferably as a case clerk or legal assistant. I have the eventual goal of becoming a paralegal, either in corporate or in litigation.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Job Openings

Mostly technical software development and QA positions in a financial services company.

http://www.otcmarkets.com/jobs/openings

They just upped the employee referral incentive so shoot me a PM if you have a resume. We have all the usual benefits like medical/dental/vision, 401k, stock and cash bonuses, horrible sugary snacks, free pizza. We HAD an air hockey table but no one played it because it was loud as poo poo and the CFO threatened to murder us everytime we turn it on.

At this point if you can clone a git repo via ssh without 30 minutes of hand holding I'll be pretty happy.

Doodlebat
Mar 5, 2003

Job Seeker

Location: Costa Mesa, CA (would consider telecommute or relocating for the right job)

Education: BFA, Illustration/Animation

Experience: 4+ years in apparel printing industry as a color separator and graphic artist. Skilled in Adobe Illustrator CC, Photoshop CS5, and InDesign CS5. Background in traditional arts, no web experience.

What I'm Looking For: Mid-Level Full-Time employment at an Orange County based company. Potential to learn new skills on the job would be desirable.

Contact: PM or LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/tdflynn)

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Sigh. Got laid off, so, here I am.

Job Seeker

Education: BS in Chemistry

Experience: Five years and ten months at PerkinElmer Life Sciences synthesizing, purifying, and analyzing radio-labeled research reagents, UV- and dye-labeled antibodies and nucleotides, and other small-molecule biopharmacetical research tools. Mostly wet bench chemistry, HPLC and LC-MS work.

What I'm Looking For: Nothing really scares me, wet bench work sounds fun, administrative work sounds alright, I enjoy organic synthesis and I just want decent pay with sane hours. I really want to work for someone like Biogen or Broad or Novartis I think? Startups sound cool, too. I dunno, let's talk.

Availability: Let me wrap up this game of CS:GO and put some pants on and I'll be right there in like 20 minutes.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Snatch Duster posted:

Job Listing

Job: SEM Coordinator (transitions into Strategist)

Qualifications:

Tech and web savvy
Strong interpersonal skills
Proficiency with MS Suite, especially Excel
Numerate & analytical - must be comfortable manipulating large data sets
Lateral, independent thinker - creativity is key
Ambitious & intrinsically motivated
Customer service oriented

Duties:
Work closely with a small team of search marketers to develop and implement search marketing strategies for our clients. The position will involve planning, design, analysis and hands-on work account work.

Conduct PPC account audits
Research & build PPC campaigns
Develop keyword strategy
Write brilliant ad copy
Conduct SEO site audits
Execute client performance reporting

Preferred:

Experience with client interfacing, SEO, Social Media and/or Web Design/Development
Knowledge of hilarious internet memes and YouTube videos
BA/BS degree
Ability to lift 50-70 pounds, repeatedly, for our entertainment

We love our clients, numbers and big-picture digital marketing strategy. We dabble in hourly ping pong games and regrettable things have been said over games of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. You'll be facing clients on a day-to-day basis while pulling the levers on AdWords, Bing Ads and AdRoll campaigns, among others. We'll also expect you to become an Excel and Google Analytics guru. If you're in the Beaverton or Portland area and interested, shoot me a message!

PM'd you

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

USMC503 posted:

PM'd you

Shot you one back.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Gonna try and fish for an internship for someone I know.

Job Seeker

Education: Entering Senior Year of College

Experience: Three years of retail, proficiency with Microsoft Office

What I'm Looking For: An accounting or finance internship

Availability: Open

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
This may be a bit of a long shot, but why not?

Job Seeker

However, mostly looking to relocate to Chicago, or somewhere in the North Dallas area/Northern suburbs. Wouldn't be opposed to moving pretty much anywhere depending on the job though.

Education: BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Aerospace Engineering both from an ABET accredited school (this was a dual degree program, not a double major)

Experience: EIT, 2 years mechanical design in the oil and gas industry... can go into specifics if anyone is interested

What I'm Looking For: Pretty much anything that gets me out of my current location... I'd prefer something in aerospace working on airframes or propulsion systems, but I know that severely limits my options. That being said, I'm open to pretty much anything as long as it involves serious design work, preferably of new products. The industry is pretty irrelevant, as I believe I can enjoy this kind of work in any industry, so long as I am on the "front line" with the products, working on new things and trying to do things differently from competitors.

A quick sidenote, I did not take any kind of HVAC classes (they were elective at my school), so any MEP kind of role would obviously be a poor fit for me, unless on the job training were an option.

Availability: I have a vacation coming up in early July, so I would imagine I probably wouldn't be available to leave my current position until late July or early August, but it really all depends on the situation.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Probably a long shot, but I know there are loads of Seattle goons, so any tips or leads would be appreciated.

Job Seeker

Location: Currently I live in El Paso, Tx, but I'm looking for jobs in Seattle, WA, as I'm planning on moving there by the end of this year/beginning of next.

Education: BA in English Literature and Women's Studies

Experience: I have ten years of retail experience, including the customer service, sales floor, and visual areas, some of it as a supervisor. I have some pretty basic administrative skills - I can use MS word, excel, etc, and I also know photoshop, indesign, and some html. I am a Young Person who understands Social Media! I also have pretty good editing/writing skills thanks to my otherwise useless English degree.

What I'm Looking For: I don't mind customer-service-y jobs, but I'd really prefer something full-time with a regular schedule (which is my way of saying that I am done with retail). I'm really open to almost anything, since my main goal is getting a job in Seattle, not necessarily my dream job.

Availability: I would obviously need a few weeks to get my stuff packed and get to Seattle, but I already have a place to live there, so I can essentially leave at any time.

Contact: PMs, or you can email me at sophia.kiona @ gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterswarm
Dec 10, 2011
Just left my previous job so now I'm in full-time search mode. Why not use SA?

Job Seeker

Location: I'm currently near Panama City, FL looking to find something in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area. I am open to positions in other cities within the US.

Education: B.S. in Psychology with a minor in Communications. My program was heavily focused on the behavioral sciences.

Experience: ~7 years in customer service. ~2 years in banking, particularly in lending, so I know how to navigate through government regulations and crazy SOPs as well as review information for accuracy and consistency. Lots of experience in behavior analysis as applied towards business/management settings and autism therapy. I can also do some front-end web design/development work (HTML/CSS) and I know my way around most popular Adobe applications (primarily PS; I had a graphic design internship during college). I'm a quick learner as well, so you can mold me into whatever kind of worker you need.

What I'm Looking For: My options are open, but I'd like to break into marketing or some form of usability design. Preferably no more customer service work but I'm flexible.

Availability: Immediately. Seriously, I can pack everything up and be on my way as soon as you give the word.

Contact: Unfortunately I don't have Platinum, so please send me an email at jaketdillon@gmail.com. I can provide a copy of my resume and a link to my LinkedIn profile upon request.

Hamsterswarm fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 19, 2015