Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Are we not having jury Q&A time with journalist expert? I didn't hear the judge give her normal spiel about how they can write down some questions but shouldn't feel obligated to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I didn't even know jurors asking questions was a thing in trials until this trial.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Hollismason posted:

The defense doesn't even know its the defense. How could you even tell?

They forgot that "truth is the best defence" requires you to actually have the truth on your side.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Whoa whoa whoa, just because using the word ‘journalist’ to describe yourself has specific implications for professional ethics and trustworthiness doesn’t mean Alex knows what any of those things are because he thinks ‘journalist’ means something else!

This is an actual argument presented by a lawyer. Who I hope got paid up front NOT

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really wanna see Alex Jones take the stand but he's probably not going to.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Hollismason posted:

I didn't even know jurors asking questions was a thing in trials until this trial.

Neither did Bill Ogden apparently

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

red19fire posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, just because using the word ‘journalist’ to describe yourself has specific implications for professional ethics and trustworthiness doesn’t mean Alex knows what any of those things are because he thinks ‘journalist’ means something else!

This is an actual argument presented by a lawyer. Who I hope got paid up front NOT

It’s dumb rhetorically but if you’re a defense lawyer, you are obliged to use basically anything you can to try and help your client, no matter how petty or minute it is. I get it. It still won’t work though lol

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I haven't seen any tech support trying to fix the broken screen. Guess they forgot again.

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
If Alex took the stand now, could he use the fifth at all? This isn't a trial to determine guilt, guilt has been established right? This is just for damages.

IANAL

bone napoleon
May 9, 2012

there is nothing

Hollismason posted:

I really wanna see Alex Jones take the stand but he's probably not going to.

Has Alex Jones been in court before under oath? I feel like he'd try to claim it's an admiralty court and refuse its authority or he would simmer down to mild/reasonable.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

bone napoleon posted:

Has Alex Jones been in court before under oath? I feel like he'd try to claim it's an admiralty court and refuse its authority or he would simmer down to mild/reasonable.

He's done recorded depositions and those are under oath. Predictably, they're obnoxiously boring/frustrating affairs of Jones forgetting the meaning of human words.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

If Alex took the stand now, could he use the fifth at all? This isn't a trial to determine guilt, guilt has been established right? This is just for damages.

IANAL

You can plead the fifth in a civil trial but unlike criminal court, the jury is allowed to use it against you and make adverse inferences about what you were being asked about

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

bone napoleon posted:

Yes. That is where the famous "I forgot my kid's names because I ate chili" line came from.

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

IANAL

Yes he could.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Zil posted:

Yes. That is where the famous "I forgot my kid's names because I ate chili" line came from.

Big bowl of chili? Sure does.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Zil posted:

And for this one thing Alex said, I will be forever grateful

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
The tone and depth of these questions contrast pretty starkly with questions posed to witnesses from InfoWars, which were more shitpost quality. It really shows how little the jury thinks of InfoWars at this point.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Man I want chili now

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

ryde posted:

The tone and depth of these questions contrast pretty starkly with questions posed to witnesses from InfoWars, which were more shitpost quality. It really shows how little the jury thinks of InfoWars at this point.

Yeah, I like that semiotics question.

And the judge laughing at the "for the court, semiotics is..."

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, I like that semiotics question.

And the judge laughing at the "for the court, semiotics is..."

I get why she struck that question but I wanted to hear the answer. It was actually an interesting question.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Ah poo poo Kit mothafukken Daniels.

how are they going to get tissues into the tv screen.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Apparently he doesn't recall

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

"Did you get any training on ethics?"
"I don't recall"

That sort of works out to a no by implication, because even if you did, then that means you forgot all of it. Great answer!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Xiahou Dun posted:

how are they going to get tissues into the tv screen.

Holy poo poo I'd forgotten about that.

I need to listen to those episodes again.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I’m a journalist, but I cannot recall if there are any standards for our journalism.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

mojo1701a posted:

Holy poo poo I'd forgotten about that.

I need to listen to those episodes again.

I mainlined all of them back to back in preparation for this.

For anyone else who forgot this or didn't listen : buckle THE gently caress UP.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Scam Likely posted:

He's done recorded depositions and those are under oath. Predictably, they're obnoxiously boring/frustrating affairs of Jones forgetting the meaning of human words.

Don't forget the *sighs*.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Fire this loving guy into the sun

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
I don't understand the question.

Edit: I assume you're talking about Knowledge Fight, and if so which episode in Knowledge Fight talked about this?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
LOL, he's just saying "I don't understand the question" on repeat to everything.

EDIT: LMAO "IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TALKING IN RIDDLES."

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

ryde posted:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Lawlicaust posted:

EDIT: LMAO "IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE TALKING IN RIDDLES."

What are words? What do they mean?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Me, rubbing my chin like a philosopher: I don’t understand the question.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

ryde posted:

Edit: I assume you're talking about Knowledge Fight, and if so which episode in Knowledge Fight talked about this?

Pour vous, mon ami : https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/664-formulaic-objections-part-5

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

ありがとうございます

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Playing this video after the last witness is loving amazing. We got hours of very detailed journalist ethics and practices and then get this loving clown who can't understand words and apparently does no fact checking.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

IANAL

No, he couldn't "pleading the fifth" is to prevent you from giving compelled testimony that would incriminate you. This is a civil trial, it does not have criminal implications at all (that I'm aware of). Thus no fifth.

Feel free to jaunt into the legal questions thread in A/T if anyone has legal questions about this trial. We're helpful.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Did the prosecution mess up and accidentally depose a chat bot?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
How can he fact check when all the sources are controlled by the crisis actors?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

ryde posted:

Did the prosecution mess up and accidentally depose a chat bot?

I can almost* feel bad for Kit because he really does come off as just the dumbest motherfucker who has no idea what he's doing or where he is. He's like the pyro from TF2 but with racism and false flags.

*Almost