Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax
ME: Andromeda - Don't Cry for me i'm already dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although if you're on PC just wait a week and you can make your Ryder into... I don't know, Harley Quinn or something. That's what the kids like now right?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

No joke. I want to just go ahead and say it now. If someone wants to make a launch thread next week, go ahead because I don't have it in me.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

You know why Shepard was good? I mean, it was partially writing and good VA, but it was also because they gave a reason for people to think Shepard was the coolest thing since sliced bread. Shepard was a veteran badass and a major hero before you started. It wasn't just "You're the playable character", but "You are Space Audie Murphy", so yeah, okay, the standard everyone sucking up made sense.

They also didn't REALLY start sucking up to him until ME2, you know, after he's actually done stuff.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Although if you're on PC just wait a week and you can make your Ryder into... I don't know, Harley Quinn or something. That's what the kids like now right?

Speaking from extensive study, kids today like worshiping the severed head of a pig and having the conch.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

trash person posted:

Idk what everyone's issue is this is fun so far.

Related issue I want a new KOTOR

you got one! didn't you like SWTOR? you must have; it had over 3 games worth of writing. that's 3 times as good, remember?

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

gently caress phoneposting

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Holy poo poo is there a way to switch shoulders in cover using mouse and keyboard? The cover system is loving garbage compared to the rest of the games.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Alt

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Back Hack posted:

They also didn't REALLY start sucking up to him until ME2, you know, after he's actually done stuff.

Including saving civilization and coming back from the dead.

Shepard is kind of a rough act to follow, thinking about it.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Zore posted:

Its combat is atrocious though. Man it made me bounce off that game like nothing else

get good

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

chiasaur11 posted:

Including saving civilization and coming back from the dead.

Shepard is kind of a rough act to follow, thinking about it.

All that stuff happened either a long time ago or in the future or whatever.

In the Andromeda crew's frame of reference the most badass thing anyone ever did was standing guard while some people dug in the dirt.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Shep coming back as the loving terminator was great.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Is anyone having issue where the trial launches in a small black window and never progresses beyond there?

Tried verifying my install but getting nowhere, fast.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://webmshare.com/Dm0Nz

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One time there was a lot of bugs but I only complained a little bit.

Whoa, you're that Ryder?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

My biggest complaints are the UI and the galaxy map really, otherwise I'm loving it.

The UI feels counter intuitive at times and it just sort of barrages you with information and unnecessary extra key presses, also would it kill them to let you enter certain options via key bindings and exit the menu with that same key?

The galaxy map is RIDICULOUSLY overindulgent, it was cool a few times but after a while you just want to instantly go to the destination without loading screens or fancy fly bys... especially when it turns out to be a location with nothing to it.

Combat's really fun, characters are interesting enough, exploration is great, the scanning isn't as terrible as I expected, and the overall story seems serviceable.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Quitting for the night. Had some fun, game isn't horrible so far, just not as good or NEARLY as polished as previous ME titles. The only change I really, unambiguously like is no class limits on skills or weapons, everything else is a mixed bag at best.

Conot posted:

Is anyone having issue where the trial launches in a small black window and never progresses beyond there?

Tried verifying my install but getting nowhere, fast.

Have you tried uninstalling Corsair Utility Engine and restarting?

Edit: I have no idea WHY that's necessary, I just saw a couple people upthread mention it.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I've got a GTX 970 and i5 4690K. I'm running everything on high with no hitching and my computer doesn't sound like it's going to explode.

This has been my experience as well, with almost the exact same specs. Game runs fairly well, I'll certainly give it that.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 16, 2017

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bWGANKbYrI

This poo poo is unbelievable.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm dying.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Have you tried uninstalling Corsair Utility Engine and restarting?

I've not. Doing it now, but why is that even an issue?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's gravity smoke, you're not supposed to run in that. Bad for the spine.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Multiplayer feels fine, cover system feels fine once you realize you don't need to push anything to enter cover. Also it's really nice to be able to jump, jetpack all around feels nice.

I'll buy the game, but I had $60 in Best Buy rewards burning a hole in my pocket anyway.

That said, I have very low hopes going into single player (which I'll probably just save until Tuesday). That fuckin potty walk, man lmao

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Multiplayer impressions: Pretty promising! Once I got the hang of it, jetpacking and slide-dashing around is definitely a pretty cool twist on the ME3 formula, and combining it with charge gets some pretty good flow going. Feels like there's a bit more melee enemies and grenades to knock you out of cover, though cover is still very valuable. It's a bit similar to ME3 in that you do have to sort of take into account your character's turning when using melee and casting things like nova, so that takes getting used to. They seem to have removed heavy melee, so it also takes some adjustment to not whiff melee attacks constantly (though the vanguard melee at least seems to have a pretty generous hitbox). The sniper rifle has a really nice, meaty sound even if the default one is kinda garbage.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Haha very nice.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also it's really nice using the touchpad on the Dualshock 4 on PC to turn myself around quickly or move quickly when I'm not shooting while I'm sprinting.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
In memoriam of Assassin's Creed

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
The UI is iffy in places; remapping keys is either buggy or refuses to understand mouse side buttons. Combat as an engineer was ok though I didn't know how to switch shoulders while in cover and getting/staying in cover itself took some getting used to.

There were some slowdowns with an under spec i7 2600k, 16gb ram and a r9 380, but everything was up high on 1080 so I kinda expected it with that CPU. Will try again tomorrow on medium along with multiplayer.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Deakul posted:

Combat's really fun, characters are interesting enough, exploration is great, the scanning isn't as terrible as I expected, and the overall story seems serviceable.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man it's functionally okay but after playing about an hour and a half, I think I'm honestly more excited about the free Destiny update coming at the end of the month. It's not even that bad, it's just kind of bland. I played the opening to Inquisition last week and this feels exactly the same.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
okay once you start mixing jumps and evades combat really clicks

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Some random observations:

- So many people have partial or total facial paralysis in this game it's disconcerting when someone's face can emote fully; see Dad Ryder for an early example.

- The default Ryder faces might be more detailed, but the custom faces at least don't show weird maniacal glee at totally inappropriate times.

- I have like eight forms of currency/collected stuff and no practical idea how to spend half of it. Glad too see they brought back Credits, I was worried they'd do something that makes sense like have you 'spend' iron to have people make guns for you; instead it's just the standard totally illogical RPG shop. "On the one hand, I should probably give Ryder this rad shotgun because my survival literally depends on them. On the other hand, holla holla get dolla."

- Cover mechanic takes some getting used to but isn't terrible, I need more time with it to tell for sure but it might be another unambiguous improvement.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I haven't read anything in this thread. I preordered the game and I hope that it's good and that I enjoy it.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

man nurse posted:

I haven't read anything in this thread. I preordered the game and I hope that it's good and that I enjoy it.

A risk taker! I like the cut of your jib.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

SubNat posted:

I guess people don't give a rats rear end about the game. I was kind of expecting Origin's servers to implode and give poor speeds.

But I'm getting 11.8MB/s.
Oh, and the game apparently lets you start playing at 42%, it has a streaming install ala some other origin games.

Oh boy, time to dissapoint my socks off and get sad at ME becoming bad.

goddamn it EA I'm able to donload youre game really quickly??? well this is is a sure sign it s apiece of poo poo!!

42 percent???? more like Ethics In Game Jouirnalism percent!!!!

pthhtbth!

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
pthhtbth

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

man nurse posted:

god bless

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

This doesn't make any sense. Like, the sentences don't combine to create a sensical dialog.

Jesus CHrist that's so bad.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

"My face is tired from dealing with [pause] everything."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Hey man. Her face is tired. :geno:

Someone post clips from....just any face at all in Inquisition.

It's clear that when they brought the Inquisition team in to help out it was not to save these animations. That damage was done.

edit: This is the moment in Inquistion perhaps most analogous to meeting Foster Addison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKRkT5jabjg&t=57s

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 16, 2017