Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Neeksy posted:

They could have handled the Frozen integration by having it take place after the plot of the film, with a new crisis due to the interference of all the KH monsters and villains. Maybe they freeze everything and people blame it on Elsa or something, I dunno it's not my job to come up with a more compelling impetus here.

The Disney worlds all take place during their movie's plot, the Pixar worlds are all sequels. So they probably couldn't do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

My fix for the Frozen world is that Merlin tells Kairi and Axel to go get some field experience and they join you as guest party members for that world only. If Disney says you can't do anything with the movie plot, shake up the game plot a little if only to distract you.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s pretty funny how you can definitely tell the plan was for Sora and company to interact more directly with the Frozen characters since there’s an entire rear end ice dungeon that Elsa was probably gonna lock them in, but then Disney shut that poo poo down so the ice dungeon’s still there…but the evil antennae hair ninja lady uses her electric powers to make and trap Sora in the dungeon instead.

Honestly I’m kinda surprised they were even okay with making the bad guys of Tangled/Frozen boss fights even with an abstracted Heartless form.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dread Delusion hit 1.0 this week and...IDK how to feel about it. Cool aesthetics and atmosphere but for some reason everywhere online people are trying to sell it as a Morrowind like game and it's just...Not? It does not play like Morrowind, at all. It doesn't have a big open world to explore, it doesn't have a skill or combat system like Morrowind, etc. Literally have no idea why this comparison keeps being made as a pitch. It has a weird alien like world and that's I guess enough for something to be "Morrowind" these days.

I can tell it's a competently made game but it's just not grabbing me at all.

It looks bad and clunky, like Morrowind

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's Disney. "Hey put in the new hotness. But don't do anything to mess up their brand!"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
:D

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Still weird to me they pit on comic book Gamorra not movie Gamorra but I guess dev cycles do be like that.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You bastard.

EDIT: Started KH3. Skipped BBS for a later date. Will not play 3D because it costs the same package as 4 games. All I need to know is that some bad poo poo happened eleven years ago and Sora failed an exam. Why the gently caress an exam matters when he's already saved the multiverse twice is beyond me. Not looking forward to the Frozen world or seeing Johnny Depp.

Weird as hell for the game to have extras with speaking parts.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 17, 2024

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just to mention, Immortals of Aveum also starts with two snarkboxes but they arent repulsive about it and the game runs better than Forspoken so absolute lol there.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

KH3: Why is Phil from Hercules here, if he's got no lines whatsover?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

KH3: Why is Phil from Hercules here, if he's got no lines whatsover?

Iirc his Japanese actor passed away so he doesn’t talk despite being there out of respect for his passing.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Given the decades length of the franchise and inevitable attrition of voice actors, practically everyone should be silent.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Japanese VA are much better regarded than their western counterparts, the usual thing is if a notable one dies they generally wait a bit before recasting out of respect unless it's crucial.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Given the decades length of the franchise and inevitable attrition of voice actors, practically everyone should be silent.

The Silent Killer, a serial killer who wants to remove all voiceacting from games.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Barudak posted:

The Silent Killer, a serial killer who wants to remove all voiceacting from games.
Not because he hates VA or anything like that, he's just a real big fan of The Quiet Man.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Japanese VA are much better regarded than their western counterparts, the usual thing is if a notable one dies they generally wait a bit before recasting out of respect unless it's crucial.

yeah if you played ff7 rebirth you'll have noticed this with reno, that guy's not getting much new to do until part 3 as a result

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
is elsa a party member in the frozen world

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Looper posted:

is elsa a party member in the frozen world

Nope, only this guy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
what's the freaking point then???

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
After an intense meyers-briggs personality test we have determined Elsa is not ready to join a JRPG party at this time.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Frozen made a billion dollars and everyones seen it. But I legit couldnt tell you who that character is. The snowman who isnt Olaf?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

insane Marshmallow erasure happening itt!!!!1

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Looper posted:

what's the freaking point then???

The point is that Kingdom Hearts needed to include Frozen, the hottest new Disney movie in a while, but Disney didn't want to taint the "brand" by having the Frozen characters interact too much with Kingdom Hearts characters (no one knows why Disney thinks like this, they are probably dumb). So we got a compromise that pleases no one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

The point is that Kingdom Hearts needed to include Frozen, the hottest new Disney movie in a while, but Disney didn't want to taint the "brand" by having the Frozen characters interact too much with Kingdom Hearts characters (no one knows why Disney thinks like this, they are probably dumb). So we got a compromise that pleases no one.

It pleased that person who was super angry about the animation error in Let It Go that KH fixed

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Mierenneuker posted:

insane Marshmallow erasure happening itt!!!!1

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Clarste posted:

(no one knows why Disney thinks like this, they are probably dumb)

for their big tentpole releases, the brand managers are convinced that the average viewer will get confused or dismayed if they watch a character do something in the original movie and then the same character does something different in spinoff or licensed content, they were terrified of the idea that some kid would play KH3 and have an aneurism over the sight of Donald talking to Sven or whatever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it's not like a specific case of them caring about KH a ton, it's more that they are just incredibly protective of licensing their characters in general

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

disney should allow olaf to say gently caress

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Though it can be inconsistent as hell. The Chip & Dale movie is genuinely not what you would expect someone to do with the brand for example, but it may be Chip and Dale and just not popular enough for them to be as protective.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The Chairman posted:

for their big tentpole releases, the brand managers are convinced that the average viewer will get confused or dismayed if they watch a character do something in the original movie and then the same character does something different in spinoff or licensed content, they were terrified of the idea that some kid would play KH3 and have an aneurism over the sight of Donald talking to Sven or whatever

Have they ever seen a Disney sequel though?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the institutional calcification in Disney is real. I’ve worked with them in jobs across wildly different industries and they were viewed with dread every time, to the point where one turned down work because their contract stipulations were too punishing for the money to be worth it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

disney is the same company that refused to let the disney princesses look at each other because it would dilute the brand

no seriously look

lets all have a teaparty where we all look into the distance

they are looking at the back of ariels head but ariel isnt looking at them

even in kh1 theyre very careful to have the disney princesses not interact even when theyre all in hollow bastion. none of them ever really turn to talk to each other

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Endorph posted:

disney is the same company that refused to let the disney princesses look at each other because it would dilute the brand

no seriously look

My neck hurts sympathetically from this picture.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

no seriously look

they are looking at the back of ariels head but ariel isnt looking at them

even in kh1 theyre very careful to have the disney princesses not interact even when theyre all in hollow bastion. none of them ever really turn to talk to each other

Man, I actually went back and watched the Wreck it Ralph princess scene to see if this was still a thing but they appear to have loosened up on that loving insane restriction at least.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i remember some random article where a guy was really mad that his 6 year old girl liked precure and sailor moon instead of disney princessses and idk maybe she likes them because the precures hang out and talk to each other

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I actually went back and watched the Wreck it Ralph princess scene to see if this was still a thing but they appear to have loosened up on that loving insane restriction at least.

to be fair the princess scene is a meta-joke about how dumb and bad they are so its just dumb in a different way. disney just kind of, hates and is terrified, of girls liking their stuff

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
gonna be honest the thing that always kept me from KH is that, disney stuff makes me feel weird in the way that like, a cult makes me feel weird. like i feel like its some kind of weird religion or some poo poo, the way disney acts about their characters

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

to be fair the princess scene is a meta-joke about how dumb and bad they are so its just dumb in a different way. disney just kind of, hates and is terrified, of girls liking their stuff

Oh, no, I wasn't saying it was a good scene or anything, I just genuinely wondered if they made a scene where all the Princesses were in the same room and managed to avoid looking at each other.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, no, I wasn't saying it was a good scene or anything, I just genuinely wondered if they made a scene where all the Princesses were in the same room and managed to avoid looking at each other.

lol a kh minigame where you have to put five princesses in the same room and have none of them looking at each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
disney version of mgs where ariel has to sneak across the room without being spotted by snow white