Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phyresis posted:

Teppen is super good i was #3 ranked at one time but i haven't been grinding cuz i'm sick of playing nerg and playing vs. nerg. it's all Nergigante up here

I'm playing Morrigan hard control because I hate fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i have most of the cards and a deck for every color archetype (not hero because some heroes just suck rn)

the color and hero system is weird because that's gonna happen a lot even when the archetypes are clearly defined

for example there's not much reason to run Dante over Morrigan atm

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Phyresis posted:

i have most of the cards and a deck for every color archetype (not hero because some heroes just suck rn)

the color and hero system is weird because that's gonna happen a lot even when the archetypes are clearly defined

for example there's not much reason to run Dante over Morrigan atm

Yeah I've not unlocked all of Dante's arts yet but they do just seem worse than Morrigan's. Hard removal is good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
All the decks I run into are shield Chun-Li, revive weasker, or revive nerg.

My ryun rush/direct damage just can't get out cards and damage fast enough anymore.

I did see a bunch of resonance last night and those are OP.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Teppen seemed to have pretty lukewarm reviews early on but everyone here is saying it's the best.. Not sure what to believe.

I'm playing a game that I guess has been around for a bit but I never see a lot of chatter about called Marvel Battle Lines. It's a card battler with some interesting mechanics that I really enjoy. You have a 3x4 grid that you play Marvel characters on attempting to make lines to attack the opponent - 3 horizontal or diagonal, or 4 vertical. You can play 1 character a turn, and most (not all) have some sort of ability. There are also Action cards that have an immediate effect, but they are removed from the game after play while Characters are recycled back into the deck. Decks are only 12 cards so not overwhelming and games go fairly quick, and drop rates are fairly generous, and while there is a "duplicate" system, it isn't overbearing. If you have 2 copies of a card, you can combine it into a better version, but it isn't an absolute necessity for some of the rarer cards. If you like Marvel and card battlers at all I'd give it a shot, it's good fun.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nexon.devcat.marvelbattlelines&hl=en_US

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 10, 2019

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

New Leaf posted:

Teppen seems to have pretty lukewarm reviews but everyone here is saying it's the best.. Not sure what to believe.

It's a phone game, so it can only be mediocre at best

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's a phone game, so it can only be mediocre at best

This. Basically is a fun little battler, games take <5 mins and it's relatively easy.

My main deck just now is Resonance Darkness Illusion Morrigan. I had a Ryu use his 7 damage art on my Ibuki twice and her just keeping on trucking

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

RBA Starblade posted:

With Buriedborne do I want to go all in on a stat or two? I can get to floor 8 usually then get owned

Sort of yes. You should pick a main offensive strategy, and a defensive one, and build around those. Dragoon is good early on since you can build your defense and offense from the same skill sets. Reflect and high HP will get a Dragoon through a few level 25's until you can unlock other classes, or get better labs. I think Dragoon is unlocked after you encounter him in the labyrinth 2-3 times.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

RBA Starblade posted:

I was wondering about that too - how do I get more than one dude in jail? Or do I just combine in "detention" forever?

You can increase jail size with IAP, but imo it's not worth it since you're going to be finding most of those powers in lab parts constantly once you really get going in the weekly dungeon

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I tried Teppen but who the gently caress has lovely unskippable cutscenes in 2019? Just let me mash through this nonsense it's the exact same story for every character.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Lone Goat posted:

I tried Teppen but who the gently caress has lovely unskippable cutscenes in 2019? Just let me mash through this nonsense it's the exact same story for every character.

The cut-scenes are skip-able?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Aramoro posted:

My main deck just now is Resonance Darkness Illusion Morrigan. I had a Ryu use his 7 damage art on my Ibuki twice and her just keeping on trucking

that's my main deck as well but I'm not bringing it into Champion tier ranked rn for various reasons. but it can counter nerg imo

the deck that hard counters the meta Nergigante deck right now is actually the cheapest deck and the starter hero: Ryu

you get two of the clutch legendaries for the deck for free

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Aramoro posted:

The cut-scenes are skip-able?

not fast enough

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot came out today, pretty fun diablo-alike. The first chapter and a half are frustratingly tutorial locked so you have to just persevere, but I found it was throwing rewards and achievements at me at a reasonable pace. It looks like it has plenty of ways to upgrade your gear, so should be fun.

Anfauglir
Jun 8, 2007
Applied to the AFK Arena guild as Anfauglir

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot came out today, pretty fun diablo-alike. The first chapter and a half are frustratingly tutorial locked so you have to just persevere, but I found it was throwing rewards and achievements at me at a reasonable pace. It looks like it has plenty of ways to upgrade your gear, so should be fun.

I was looking forward to this but it won't actually boot on my S9+ for some reason. Also, some pro needs to make a teppen thread. I really wish they'd rip off hearthstone's deck builder screen wholesale.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mighty Quest is fun, but the deeper I go the more it looks like typical mobile fare. The main difference is that the typical 'level up a 1 star hero then ascend it to 2 stars' stuff applies to your gear instead. You get a free epic pull as part of the tutorial which goes a long way to boosting your stats, along with the day 1 cultist pants gift.

The problem I have is that I don't know how important the elements are for armour. I'm hoping it's only a minor amount and it's not some monster hunter poo poo where I have to keep a bunch of armour sets maintained to survive. So far I have water, fire and a couple of nature items mix and matched.

Nothing on the items stats offers any help, and the wiki is no help because it seems to apply to a weird beta version of it from 2005 when it was combined with a dungeon keeper castle attack mode, and the gear worked completely different.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
I'm still playing Egg, inc.
Though I have only been playing this iteration of it since like last Oct, i think I am about 60% of the way through the eggs, which is likely 1/16 of the time I have left.
Have only paid for more away time. Never any golden eggs.
But I still find it enjoyable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wasn't Mighty Quest some lovely PC game years ago

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

RBA Starblade posted:

Wasn't Mighty Quest some lovely PC game years ago

Yes. Yes it was. It seemed like it had some neat ideas but the F2P hooks were there even back then and after a half hour of loving around with it I realized it's just not worth playing. I'm surprised to hear they didn't flat out abandon this game to be honest.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

explosivo posted:

Yes. Yes it was. It seemed like it had some neat ideas but the F2P hooks were there even back then and after a half hour of loving around with it I realized it's just not worth playing. I'm surprised to hear they didn't flat out abandon this game to be honest.
It seems like most of the PC features didn't make it to the mobile version. I had a brief google around and there are subreddits for both versions, neither of which seem particularly happy.

Oh, and the elements on gear seem to be related purely to three weekly dungeons that you can only attempt with a full set of armour of that element.

Said googling also led me to the bizarre world of /r/gachagaming which is 50% people posting about how bad it is and horror stories about people spending thousands of dollars, and the other 50% of people who are into that genre posting oblivious to the rage and hate and looking for recommendations. It's bizarre. It's like watching two different subreddits going on in the same space with neither interracting.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Just a typical day of field work for Professor Oak.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Me and the boys getting ready to hit the raids.

I'm a rural player :smith:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I love how after a certain point in Buriedborne it becomes a game of who is going to eat the most poo poo from a reflect first. My Saint was almost invincible until an archdemon used blood armor to hit me through barriers for 10k damage lol

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I appreciate the fact that AFK Arena has no ads and no energy mechanics so I can re-do missions over and over again, but I am starting to get to that point where things are slowing down immensely. My dudes are high enough level that they need a lot of points to level up, so if I can't beat a level and already ran through the other missions/dailies for the day there's not a lot to do but wait for my AFK dudes to build up points to hopefully level up one of my guys and try again.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

explosivo posted:

I appreciate the fact that AFK Arena has no ads and no energy mechanics so I can re-do missions over and over again, but I am starting to get to that point where things are slowing down immensely. My dudes are high enough level that they need a lot of points to level up, so if I can't beat a level and already ran through the other missions/dailies for the day there's not a lot to do but wait for my AFK dudes to build up points to hopefully level up one of my guys and try again.

That's where you're supposed to start spending obscene amounts of money because you're now hooked on the game.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

You are only level ~34 with guys only level 70.. It isn't that expensive to level up. But yeah, if your guys aren't strong, and you dont want to spend money...... You will have to afk, kinda why it's in the name. Also you seem to only have 2 Ascended Tier heroes. Which is weird, I am at lvl 39 and have 5 Ascended Tier heroes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fyallm posted:

You are only level ~34 with guys only level 70.. It isn't that expensive to level up. But yeah, if your guys aren't strong, and you dont want to spend money...... You will have to afk, kinda why it's in the name. Also you seem to only have 2 Ascended Tier heroes. Which is weird, I am at lvl 39 and have 5 Ascended Tier heroes.

I'm not complaining. I know I'm still small time and have poo poo to work on, and I'm still enjoying making the numbers go up. All I'm saying is that it's becoming more evident that yeah this

New Leaf posted:

That's where you're supposed to start spending obscene amounts of money because you're now hooked on the game.

is just around the corner

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

explosivo posted:

I'm not complaining. I know I'm still small time and have poo poo to work on, and I'm still enjoying making the numbers go up. All I'm saying is that it's becoming more evident that yeah this

is just around the corner

Yeah probably. Im still confused how you don't have high tier heroes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

fyallm posted:

Yeah probably. Im still confused how you don't have high tier heroes.

:shrug: I've ascended quite a few dudes, I'm really only trying to keep ascending the ones I'm using though so I do have a lot sitting on the bench that I haven't done anything with.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I got far enough that I had heroes I couldn't even use because they do eventually cap ascensions for some. I'm terrible with names, but I was using Lucius the paladin dude, Hogan the sword tank guy, the blonde wizard lady, and then the spear-throwing dog-man and the dual axe dog-man. Eventually I couldn't level Hogan or the spear thrower at all anymore and Hogan just got obliterated during the initial enemy salvo unless he could hang on long enough for Lucius to put up that damage shield, or the wizard lady would get immediately taken out by a teleporting rogue.. I ended up ditching the wizard lady for the blindfolded zombie lady wizard, then ditching both dog men for the crossbow demon hunter dude because he can lock down opponents, and the dual pistol girl because she's kinda rad.. But even then I couldn't keep up, so I just walked away entirely.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

explosivo posted:

If the ads I see constantly are any indication level doesn't matter, you just need to decide whether to spare or kill the characters you come across.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

If the ads I see constantly are any indication level doesn't matter, you just need to decide whether to spare or kill the characters you come across.

They have the most bullshit ads for the game, they have absolutely nothing to do with the game at all. The subreddit makes fun of them mercilessly.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

If you are hitting a wall, pay attention to what colour heroes you are using vs the colour of the opposition. The bonus you get is significant.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Wow I'm having a blast playing Teppen. I ended buying the season pass and have almost all the red and green cards at this point. And the game have a max limit of 5 minutes but usually only last 2-3 minutes. That makes it easy to play during my lunch.

There are so many small gameplay decisions in teppen that I really appreciate.

1) Hero art charge up based on the amount of mana you spend playing cards. So sometimes playing your card unoptimally is the optimal play.

2) When you play a card you instant draw a new card until your deck runs out. Everything has cycle. It really makes low cost but low value cards actually playable.

3) I find the counter system a bunch of fun. Anytime someone play an action, you have ten seconds to play another action on top of it. The trick is the counter player get a free two mana to spend on an action. However then the original player gets a chance to counter with 2 free mana. You can do that back and forth until someone doesn't want to play an action. This makes action cards high risk high reward.

So far nerg and Ryu are the top heroes but everyone else but dante and X are a close second.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Afk arena , the labyrinth missions , goal here is really just to get to the end of third level, right? Red is only slightly better rewards than brown flags...

And anything to do with all this common gear?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

re: Teppen

on Wednesday I opened a few packs to get to the pity breaker and got Legendary card: Soul Offering from it

yesterday i scraped enough gold for a pack from the login and and got fuckin Legendary card: Brainwashed, which i rly needed for my Morrigan deck

today i opened the three packs from the login bonus and the last one had ANOTHER Legendary card in it: Roaring Typhoon

what the gently caress, the only Legendary i'm missing now is Wesker and i have 3 copies of most of the Epics...

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Baddog posted:

Afk arena , the labyrinth missions , goal here is really just to get to the end of third level, right? Red is only slightly better rewards than brown flags...

And anything to do with all this common gear?
yeah

You melt common gear into upgrades for better gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
AFK red lab battles drop better relics. They can really make the while run a cake walk. Going into lab level 3 you might see the choice between easy and hard mode. Hard mode is pay to win, don't go there.