Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Oh wow, this thread title... I feel like I was only on a plane for about an hour... But I missed so much??? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

safely sodomized posted:

actually im glad we didnt do yearbook quotes cus id def have some angsty bob dylan lyric as mine

I quoted the entire text from the intro of chrono cross

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Anyone who reads those transcripts and cannot admit that Trump could easily start a nuclear war out of sheer stupidity and incompetence is a lost cause.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Nice, nice.

This is what I was talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLlpXbK-eyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BqpFBiI_0&index=2&list=RDTLlpXbK-eyE

Look at those prod values. Now you know where those pallets of billions went to....

This is straight up awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEa9T5QJhEQ

Can't find that one vid that I was thinking of tho

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shab posted:

Opioids have met their match in Thoughts & Prayers

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/893063144859250688

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
On the otherhand:

TRUMP!!!!!!!!

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

gradenko_2000 posted:

Hey whoever recommended Marvin Gaye's What's Going On album, thanks - this is some really easy listening.

that was me, i basically listened to that album like 1,000 times throughout 2016

make sure you listen to the whole thing, it's really loving incredible from start to finish (the last track is amazing)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

hmmmmmmmm...hmm yes interedasting

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Lastgirl posted:

so pathetic

I would be leaving too because Mooch would have just started literally killing anyone he thought was leaking, without any evidence except his gut feeling

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/SecretaryZinke/status/893099623685947392

https://twitter.com/joshHuder/status/893123204415467520

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Schnorkles posted:

i'd like to see it play out in approval polls and such but trump's "base" or whatever you want to call it in the rural rust belt, for instance, was fundamentally counting on him fixing healthcare. a whole bunch of news articles about the "TRUMPS BASE IS STICKING WITH HIM" basically had the thesis of "they don't give a gently caress about russia, but they are worried about affording healthcare and everyone dying from opiates" and u have him pushing a bill that's going to literally kill everyone and at the same time his deal making persona gets kind of spectacularly blown up because governing is hard.

idk it just seems like a major wound that he's going to struggle to recover from.

nothing is going to shift his hardline supporters, however seeing congress jointly move on protecting mueller shows that they are concerned about him losing in 2020 and no longer are willing to just torpedo various parts of govt since the dems might get it back sooner rather than later.

obvious'y there is a long way to go and nothing matters, but this is possibly the start of the mattering

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

McCain will save us all

the trouble of not being annoyed at mccain

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

That's weird, I coulda sworn Reince was the leaker. How are things still leaking?

Oh right, they're all stupid clowns.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I hope the Mike C pivot (because he's going to pivot and is currently in the act of pivoting, did he mentioned he was going to pivot yet?) leads to many more entertaining Twitter slapfights between him and Bill Mitchell.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Joementum posted:

2017..... boy i dunno

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sorry i cannot trust AZ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I will never not think of spicer coming so close to probably the highlight of his life, meeting the Pope, and Trump hosed him on it

it probably really hurt him

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
holy cow im gonna need blood thinners to make it thru those transcripts my goodness

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

WoodrowSkillson posted:

nothing is going to shift his hardline supporters, however seeing congress jointly move on protecting mueller shows that they are concerned about him losing in 2020 and no longer are willing to just torpedo various parts of govt since the dems might get it back sooner rather than later.

obvious'y there is a long way to go and nothing matters, but this is possibly the start of the mattering

Trump's share of "strongly approve" has been steadily falling in basically every major opinion poll, which suggests that his hardline supporters are getting shifted. There are some people who will never leave him no matter what, but i don't think we actually know what percentage of the country that is.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/stephenwpatrick/status/892772418510626817

https://twitter.com/_B_Greenfield/status/893123709216727040

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ymgve posted:

I would be leaving too because Mooch would have just started literally killing anyone he thought was leaking, without any evidence except his gut feeling

the incompetency is amazing

spicy stuck around as a last gasp attempt to placate Papa Trump and get back into his good graces like the sniveling gum swallowing sycophant who is desperate for his fix of the smell of fart since his bubble gummed out butt traps his own fart and its been years since he knew what a real fart smelled like

and then he leaves because he cant do it, fkn hack

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Shugojin posted:

I saw iron maiden a couple weeks ago and Dickinson sounds pretty okay?

Especially since he had the throat cancer

yeah he's adapted well but it's not like he can hit all the run to the hills ladders n poo poo anymore

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

2DCAT posted:

Oh wow, this thread title... I feel like I was only on a plane for about an hour... But I missed so much??? :thunk:

where's your in-flight wifi

shameful

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Schnorkles posted:

i'd like to see it play out in approval polls and such but trump's "base" or whatever you want to call it in the rural rust belt, for instance, was fundamentally counting on him fixing healthcare. a whole bunch of news articles about the "TRUMPS BASE IS STICKING WITH HIM" basically had the thesis of "they don't give a gently caress about russia, but they are worried about affording healthcare and everyone dying from opiates" and u have him pushing a bill that's going to literally kill everyone and at the same time his deal making persona gets kind of spectacularly blown up because governing is hard.

idk it just seems like a major wound that he's going to struggle to recover from.

people like hillary think they're better than people like us

we're going to re-elect trump in 2020

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

eonwe posted:

I will never not think of spicer coming so close to probably the highlight of his life, meeting the Pope, and Trump hosed him on it

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

deadgoon posted:

people like hillary think they're better than people like us

we're going to re-elect trump in 2020

well, yes, because the zuck is gonna split the vote

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

the incompetency is amazing

spicy stuck around as a last gasp attempt to placate Papa Trump and get back into his good graces like the sniveling gum swallowing sycophant who is desperate for his fix of the smell of fart since his bubble gummed out butt traps his own fart and its been years since he knew what a real fart smelled like

and then he leaves because he cant do it, fkn hack

I'll always remember Spicey's first press conference where they came out with photos of the inauguration crowds

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

*neera tandenishly* ZUCKER BROS!!!!! :argh:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jacobsoboroff/status/893113445700083712

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

imagine if the pope looked at him with scorn and disdain as well

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This isn't a terrible idea as described in the article, it would equip churches with the information they need to be the liason between overdose victims and first responders that they probably already are. It doesn't sound like "pray away addiction" our whatever which is what I thought right away too. Sounds good unless it diverts funds from other things (lol I wonder if it does)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what's the deal with milk?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/mun_dane/status/892985293435015168

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

That's disgusting

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Schnorkles posted:

yeah, it's 100% certain that if someone like bernie became the democratic candidate the centrists would split the party and a big chunk of "middle-class" liberals would follow them

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Kurtofan posted:

what's the deal with milk?

its for day crew and nazis

you cant trust it

he*ck trump endorses it and the local milk people too, if thats any indication of quality there :shrek:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
many of my neighbors who voted for trump would have went for bernie, the people in the suburbs who went for hillary would not have

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

(MN) nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

sesh

• Locked thread