Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

g0t_hats posted:

I know for a fact that if you kill the bird before they talk to it, it doesnt come back. Happened to me on NG+.

Ornifex? Probably a bug with how her encounter is played out. Also gotta wait a few hours for her gravestone to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Not true. In DS2 you can just pray at their grave stone, pay out a certain amount of souls, and then use that npc like normal until you leave that area. Dude just has to pony up 2500 souls to revive her each time he wants to level up.

Edit: Basically it's a minor inconvenience.

That's true, but most people won't know where the emerald herald's gravestone is. Normally she hangs out right next to the bonfire, but her gravestone is a bit away and a little hard to see if you don't know what you're looking for.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Fibby Boy posted:

Not true. In DS2 you can just pray at their grave stone, pay out a certain amount of souls, and then use that npc like normal until you leave that area. Dude just has to pony up 2500 souls to revive her each time he wants to level up.

Edit: Basically it's a minor inconvenience.
I think even From showed mercy after Stockpile Thomas in Demons'.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
The big gently caress you about killing an NPC in Dark souls is that it's considered a sin, meaning those idiots from the blue covenant can invade you until you find the guy that lets you wipe that clean.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dizz posted:

The big gently caress you about killing an NPC in Dark souls is that it's considered a sin, meaning those idiots from the blue covenant can invade you until you find the guy that lets you wipe that clean.

Blue dudes can only punish people with ten or more points of sin. Each NPC or player invaded (and killed) is one point. So this isn't the case unless this inexplicably happend ten times to somebody or they were already murdering others anyway.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Terrorist town seems to be getting more popular again. There's a lot more servers than there used to be and there's a lot of poorly held together custom scripts on a lot of them so it's even more chaotic than before.

g0t_hats
Jan 17, 2014

Dr_Amazing posted:

Terrorist town seems to be getting more popular again. There's a lot more servers than there used to be and there's a lot of poorly held together custom scripts on a lot of them so it's even more chaotic than before.

I've been playing lots off TTT, shitload of autistic little kids.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I witnessed some entertaining harassment of low level imp characters on a swtor server. For anyone who hasn't played it the scoundrel class has a stun move that does minimal damage and applies a 4 second stun to the character. This stun move is literally a kick to the nuts of the enemy player. A group of scoundrels went to a low level area, hid using stealth, and then would randomly pop out of stealth, kick a low level imperial player in the nuts and immediately restealth and run off. The attack wouldn't kill them just stun them repeatedly. Just a bunch of scoundrels delivering nutshots over and over.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I witnessed some entertaining harassment of low level imp characters on a swtor server. For anyone who hasn't played it the scoundrel class has a stun move that does minimal damage and applies a 4 second stun to the character. This stun move is literally a kick to the nuts of the enemy player. A group of scoundrels went to a low level area, hid using stealth, and then would randomly pop out of stealth, kick a low level imperial player in the nuts and immediately restealth and run off. The attack wouldn't kill them just stun them repeatedly. Just a bunch of scoundrels delivering nutshots over and over.

This sounds like something that should be in all of those Age of Wushu posts, too.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
I'm a bit too soft to do some of the more amazing griefs here, so posting in this thread feels a little weird. I'd like to relay a NWN roleplaying story on how a player's druid made a half-orc cleric of Gruumsh die to bees.

It wasn't me, but it was a great story and I'd imagine the player of said orc cleric was pretty put out afterward. :D

Zoberraz posted:

I personally find that druids have a lot to go on when it comes to dueling. Again, spellwise, they have tons of cool stuff to play with that can best very strong opponents with clever application.

I remember this one duel where my Firiel, a level 16 druid, was representing her Circle in a one-on-one duel to the death (permadeath) against an Half-Orc priest of Gruumsh to settle a territorial dispute that was threatening to become an open feud. Fighting a slightly higher-level cleric was a pretty intimidating prospect due to the impressive array of enhancing spells they could resort to in order to reach "demi-god fighting prowess" and the duel allowed for such buffs to be cast beforehand. Lots of HP and the ability to heal back a lot of it on top of protective magic like 'Stone Body' made a lot of players bet against Firiel.

So, it became Firiel's strategy to declaw the Gruumsh cleric and then apply so much pressure on him to force him into what I call a 'healing panic' - when all you can do is heal yourself, be on the defensive, and not be able to strike back.

When our actual duel started, Firiel used Greater Dispel when the other used Dismissal to take my companion and summoned elemental out of the fight. Firiel answered his Battle Tide with another Greater Dispel. Finally, he rushed in to fight, and Firiel slapped down a last Moonbolt to mitigate his strength.

Her strategy was entirely dependent on his Stone Body ward not being active - a sickle swing confirmed that much without the need to use more dispels. She was bent on using offensive spells foremost because the assumption was that he was equally capable of dispelling any enhancements she bestowed on herself - anything to defend or recover needed to have more spontaneous, less dispellable benefits like, say, Rejuvenation Cocoon.

Once he was close and started hitting against the buffer of her Stoneskin spell with Wildshape feats used to help with her defense/critical hit immunity, Firiel herself was casting defensively with shield up for cover, and sent out her first Extended Creeping Doom spell. Then another. And another followed by a normal Creeping Doom.

A single Creeping Doom spell could manage eight times 2d6 damage per round, with a base attack of +22 when cast by Firiel, and that for 3 rounds - 6 if extended. By the fourth cast, there were at least 32 such attacks being made on the Gruumsh cleric every round, with an overwhelming amount of numbers popping out to track damage. A Heal spell was only a temporary delay when he reacted too late to make up for the hideous amounts of damage being done. Tenser's Transformation was his last recourse, but one that he failed his concentration check for (which Firiel turning into a Dire Bear and clawing his face off was not helping)

Death by papercuts. Or, from the RP perspective, death to the big tall tough brutal savage Gruumshite Cleric via being covered by thousands of tiny, biting, flying insects. Not an enviable death, all things considered. >_>;

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Sep 21, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I dunno, that just seems like good gameplay more than any grief.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pooncha posted:

I'm a bit too soft to do some of the more amazing griefs here, so posting in this thread feels a little weird. I'd like to relay a NWN roleplaying story on how a player's druid made a half-orc cleric of Gruumsh die to bees.

It wasn't me, but it was a great story and I'd imagine the player of said orc cleric was pretty put out afterward. :D
This might be funnier if I could understand it.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Stuntman posted:

Two powerful spellcasters got into a duel and the weaker spellcaster won by using minmaxy shenanigans to spam the poo poo out of a spell that summons a zillion bugs that deal tiny damage, but many many individual instances of said tiny damage. He effectively won a fire-from-the-heavens style magical duel by gaming the system to summon a tsunami of mosquitoes instead. It's a little like EVE goons bringing ten thousand paper airplanes to a battleship fight.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Stuntman posted:

Sorry. It's been a long time since I've played NWN, but I'll do my best to clarify.

Bolded parts are my additions, and...well, this looks pretty messy. :ohdear:

Zoberraz posted:

I remember this one duel where my Firiel, a level 16 druid (hippy nature huggy kind of class), was representing her Circle in a one-on-one duel to the death (permanent death; it was probably a roleplaying event as usually with PWs you can respawn) against an Half-Orc priest of Gruumsh (fuckoff physical-based cleric of an orc god way far from a staff-swinging person in a skirt) to settle a territorial dispute that was threatening to become an open feud. Fighting a slightly higher-level cleric was a pretty intimidating prospect due to the impressive array of enhancing spells they could resort to in order to reach "demi-god fighting prowess" and the duel allowed for such buffs to be cast beforehand. Lots of HP and the ability to heal back a lot of it on top of protective magic like 'Stone Body' (a spell that gives significant damage reduction and immunities to critical hits and most status effects) made a lot of players bet against Firiel.

So, it became Firiel's strategy to declaw the Gruumsh cleric and then apply so much pressure on him to force him into what I call a 'healing panic' - when all you can do is heal yourself, be on the defensive, and not be able to strike back.

When our actual duel started, Firiel used Greater Dispel (a debuffing attack that attempts to remove an opponent's accumulated magical buffs) when the other used Dismissal (an offensive spell specifically intended to remove summoned creatures as well as "outsider" creatures, like devils and angels) to take my companion and summoned elemental out of the fight. Firiel answered his Battle Tide (buffing spell to increase the caster's physical combat capability) with another Greater Dispel. Finally, he rushed in to fight, and Firiel slapped down a last Moonbolt (offensive spell that cuts strength and the half-orc's damage capability) to mitigate his strength.

Her strategy was entirely dependent on his Stone Body ward not being active - a sickle swing confirmed that much without the need to use more dispels. She was bent on using offensive spells foremost because the assumption was that he was equally capable of dispelling any enhancements she bestowed on herself - anything to defend or recover needed to have more spontaneous, less dispellable benefits like, say, Rejuvenation Cocoon (oh-poo poo panic button instaheal).

Once he was close and started hitting against the buffer of her Stoneskin (basic damage reduction spell. Lite Stone Body) spell with Wildshape feats used to help with her defense/critical hit immunity (the wording here is odd but I'm thinking it meant that the druid was "wildshaped"/shapeshifted into a form that grants defensive bonuses and critical hit immunity, while having Stoneskin up), Firiel herself was casting defensively with shield up for cover, and sent out her first Extended Creeping Doom (Bees for a period of time. "Extended" - the bees stick around longer than usual.) spell. Then another. And another followed by a normal Creeping Doom.

A single Creeping Doom spell could manage eight times 2d6 damage per round (essentially 16-48 damage per round, when characters around their level usually teeter in the 200s), with a base attack of +22 (not bad accuracy) when cast by Firiel, and that for 3 rounds - 6 if extended (1 round = approx. 6 seconds). By the fourth cast, there were at least 32 such attacks being made on the Gruumsh cleric every round, with an overwhelming amount of numbers popping out to track damage. A Heal spell was only a temporary delay when he reacted too late to make up for the hideous amounts of damage being done. Tenser's Transformation (turns caster into a purely physical fuckoff machine) was his last recourse, but one that he failed his concentration check for (which Firiel turning into a Dire Bear and clawing his face off was not helping) (If you're hit while casting a spell, you need to pass a Concentration check to finish casting, or it fizzles)

Death by papercuts. Or, from the RP perspective, death to the big tall tough brutal savage Gruumshite Cleric via being covered by thousands of tiny, biting, flying insects. Not an enviable death, all things considered. >_>;

EDIT: Well, Angry Diplomat put it in a more succinct way. :eng99:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

g0t_hats posted:

I've been playing lots off TTT, shitload of autistic little kids.
TTT is so easy to grief and there's always a great reaction. I don't think I've ever gone on a TTT server and left unamused.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
So in archeage, I had a bar mitzvah today.

In the game you tend to have to play farmville for a long time and then run what ever you made a long distance with a slow pack on your back, or put it in a vehicle, or on a boat. These are big time piracy objects since they are just worth money.

There is one trade route that is rather easy to do but only open a few hours a day. This is normally done by climbing a tower, jumping on an airship, riding it one stop, then giving the goods to the npc for cash. The first time this is done is the time when it is worth the most. Each time it is done after that it is worth less and less.

So we have these giant tractor vehicles that we will ride up the stairs in the air ship tower. No one can get by them and we have done this enough for multiple complaints on reddit and the official forums.

Scamming is legal in this game and griefing MIGHT be, but eh what ever.

We decided to make it a little bit more interesting and so I had made a midi file of hava nagila that everyone else can hear. I kept the thing on repeat and welcomed everyone into the tower for our bar mitzvha. We informed them that gifts are customary and poems were accepted.

We had so many people trying to get up that they started climbing over each other attempting to make their way.

Finally someone told us a poem. So we jumped out of the vehicle and tried to despawn it but one of the guys trying to get past jumped in preventing us from despawning it, clearing the path. They also jammed the tractor in harder so badly we could not remove it for quite awhile.

Once we did, they all got by, called us names, and we put the tractor back.

The person who told us the poem then noticed after trying to get passed us for 30 minutes, he was on the wrong platform and had to jump off to go to the right air ship platform. He never had to go up that path at all.

Molothecat
Jul 25, 2007

Wrath, hate, pain, and death!

Third World Reggin posted:

So in archeage, I had a bar mitzvah today.

In the game you tend to have to play farmville for a long time and then run what ever you made a long distance with a slow pack on your back, or put it in a vehicle, or on a boat. These are big time piracy objects since they are just worth money.

There is one trade route that is rather easy to do but only open a few hours a day. This is normally done by climbing a tower, jumping on an airship, riding it one stop, then giving the goods to the npc for cash. The first time this is done is the time when it is worth the most. Each time it is done after that it is worth less and less.

So we have these giant tractor vehicles that we will ride up the stairs in the air ship tower. No one can get by them and we have done this enough for multiple complaints on reddit and the official forums.

Scamming is legal in this game and griefing MIGHT be, but eh what ever.

We decided to make it a little bit more interesting and so I had made a midi file of hava nagila that everyone else can hear. I kept the thing on repeat and welcomed everyone into the tower for our bar mitzvha. We informed them that gifts are customary and poems were accepted.

We had so many people trying to get up that they started climbing over each other attempting to make their way.

Finally someone told us a poem. So we jumped out of the vehicle and tried to despawn it but one of the guys trying to get past jumped in preventing us from despawning it, clearing the path. They also jammed the tractor in harder so badly we could not remove it for quite awhile.

Once we did, they all got by, called us names, and we put the tractor back.

The person who told us the poem then noticed after trying to get passed us for 30 minutes, he was on the wrong platform and had to jump off to go to the right air ship platform. He never had to go up that path at all.

I have no idea what any of this means.

Art.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Molothecat posted:

Art.

This but imagine jewish music playing non stop in midi format

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 28, 2014

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Couldnt they just jump over you using dropback (rogue tree ability that does a back flip)? I haven't done tradepacks much but I'm p sure you can use that while carrying one.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There are quite a few ways to get passed that.

By the way when they grabbed the truck and tried to get it out of there they ran it further up the stairs.

I think we can get at least 2 on the stairs and one in front of the door.

EDIT: if they jumped and landed in an open space in the back of the truck they pretty much got stuck there.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 28, 2014

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Molothecat posted:

Art.

Archeage is a new utopia of griefing.

Things you can do:

1. You can't harvest plants for a while after planting, farmville-style. Can be anywhere from an hour to a couple days real time. However, you can uproot them and get nothing back just to clear space. Or, in this case, waste the money that poor pubbies put into the tree. This is the best way to deal with "illegal" farms (built off protected land) that anyone can interact with: uproot everything out of spite.

2. The base "real" ship, the cutter, has a massive harpoon on the front you can use to reel in other boats. However, A) it can also stick to environment objects like the ground or rocks and B) you can take control of it on other people's ships without their permission. So it is perfectly fine to harpoon drag someone to the shore, out to open-PvP areas where you can murder them, or even straight down underwater so they fly into the sky when you cut the line

3. Land is scarce and incredibly valuable. So why not make sure you place your house where it will uselessly take up the most space possible? If you put a 16x16 farm 15 spaces away from its neighbor then nothing but a nigh useless starter farm can go in that space left over.

4. Idiot pubbies that are poor and therefore boatless will frequently jump on any boat they see spawned in the water, even if they are carrying a valuable trade pack on them that drops on death. And the boat is full of goons. So the best is to charge them toll to take them across the sea and murder them twenty feet from shore , as soon as you get in free PvP waters. Less griefing and more natural selection in my opinion.

5. Summoning mounts pushes other players out of the way of the summon. Can push them into all kinds of fun, deadly things.

6. Teleport portals are used by jumping into a glowing ring of light. Anyone can use them. So why not put one on the gangplank of the airship where half the time you are technically falling half an inch (but still counts as jumping) so the people can be transported where they really want to go: very high level PvP areas!

There are so many more things that people have done, these are just the more low-effort ones.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Related

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/2hnuyu/i_bring_you_the_definition_of_douchebag/

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I decided to give Archeage a try this evening and so far global chat is constantly filled with people complaining about goons :allears:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
You can read anything in the global chat? All I see is loving gold spam and people screaming that <GazaStrippers> is a horrible clan name and that I should be killed.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
GazaStrippers is a beautiful name. Also, from that Reddit thread:

Urbancowgurl777 posted:

The thing I like about ArcheAge is that you can just put this guy's name in your guild's KOS list and he is forever a target.

Urbancowgurl777 posted:

My guild's KOS list isn't a joke, not sure about yours though.

How can people not see that this is exactly why they're being laughed at?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Enallyniv posted:

GazaStrippers is a beautiful name. Also, from that Reddit thread:

Then there is the single J4G bragging about how GoonSquad kills everyone that just ruins everything.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Enallyniv posted:

Sometimes people take themselves too seriously and sometimes the same people take [games/internet/etc] too seriously.

When both happen at the same time, magical things become possible.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

In Warframe you can lock down a mission on a lot of the Corpus levels by having one guy outside the elevator, one guy inside the elevator. You can bring the elevator back to your floor before the group inside can get off, and they can move the elevator away before you can get on.

The elevators are enclosed on these levels and theres really no way out of this outside of quitting the mission. The timing is super generous, the door even visually pops open for a split second to make it seem like you have a chance to get off, but you're still stuck on the elevator

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I showed up to my new job and my coworker asked if I played video games. I said occasionally. Not as much anymore as I have a kid.

He said he played Eve. I asked if he knew goon squad.

He responded by glaring at me and grumbling a long string of profanity.

Good jobs goons. Good job.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Third World Reggin posted:

Are the eastern continent airships the same as the western ones, where you can push AFK riders off and send them to their doom? The physics system in AA is so goofy :allears:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Archeage is a new utopia of griefing.

That is a very dangerous phrase.

:goon:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hypha posted:

That is a very dangerous phrase.

:goon:

Well, we can't goon rush now, the thread keeps falling apart because people can't stop bringing drama into it.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

dogstile posted:

Well, we can't goon rush now, the thread keeps falling apart because people can't stop bringing drama into it.

:aatrek:

If I can't laugh with goons, I will laugh at them.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

dogstile posted:

Not our fault that you griefed yourselves so good.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

RottenK posted:

Not our fault that you griefed yourselves so good.

I will take this moment to state that I walked into that thread, asked if my build was viable and walked right the gently caress out. :can:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

dogstile posted:

I will take this moment to state that I walked into that thread, asked if my build was viable and walked right the gently caress out. :can:

I was really psyched about posting some more Wushu style antics here until it became obvious that the thing was turning into a clusterfuck. The creepy :pedo: crap was the last straw. At which point my interest in the game faded.

Shame too. I discovered that the automobiles you'll eventually be able to craft have a radio. One of the channels on this radio blasts what sounds like obnoxious k-rap at everyone nearby. And as of the version I played you could overlay the sound with multiple cars to create a glorious cacophony of bass and hideously garbled singing that had at least one person grinding their teeth when I tested it out. I was looking forwards to finding a way to annoy people with that. :(

Archonex fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Sep 29, 2014

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Archonex posted:

I was really psyched about posting some more Wushu style antics here until it became obvious that the thing was turning into a clusterfuck. The creepy :pedo: crap was the last straw. At which point my interest in the game faded.

Shame too. I discovered that the automobiles you'll eventually be able to craft have a radio. One of the channels on this radio blasts what sounds like obnoxious k-rap at everyone nearby. And as of the version I played you could overlay the sound with multiple cars to create a glorious cacophony of bass and hideously garbled singing that had at least one person grinding their teeth when I tested it out. I was looking forwards to finding a way to annoy people with that. :(

Do it anyway. If you're in the EU join the server "Nui" and play as the japanese characters. I find that simply playing as a japanese girl gets people angry when you stab them. GazaStrippers is always looking for more griefers.

When I get a chance i'll try out the radio thing. That sounds wonderful so i'll record it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

If you aren't using the music crafting mechanic (which lets you write out the notes of any song and turns it into playable music) to import obnoxious k-pop or memetic songs then I don't know what is wrong with you

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Are the eastern continent airships the same as the western ones, where you can push AFK riders off and send them to their doom? The physics system in AA is so goofy :allears:

pretty much.

Also update

Archonex posted:

We have a guild on east of old wushu people, but don't tell anyone since they think we are making a splinter guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

dogstile posted:

Do it anyway. If you're in the EU join the server "Nui" and play as the japanese characters. I find that simply playing as a japanese girl gets people angry when you stab them. GazaStrippers is always looking for more griefers.

When I get a chance i'll try out the radio thing. That sounds wonderful so i'll record it.

I rolled Harawhatsit on Nui and I'll be looking into this. Do the boat mounted harpoons work on players or just other boats, scenery and randomly placed physics monsters that just happen to be invisible? I think involuntary waterskiing would make a perfect griefing video with a lute player on the back of the boat. Playing Misirlou and other surf rock classics using the ingame midi crafting system.

• Locked thread