Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They're also investigating Bernie's wife for fraud

Real or crazy theory bro

Real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I mean this is bizarro land where a guy with a commie Avatar with a hammer and sickle is cheering on the FBI raiding offices in an attempt to purge out Russian influences, doesn't this seem ironic to anyone

are you retarded or did you just miss the past three decades or what

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

A Typical Goon posted:

are you retarded or did you just miss the past three decades or what

Did you miss that part in school where they taught about a time in American politics where everyone went crazy and there was a Russian behind every mailbox

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I grant you it's a funny image and people from 30-40 years ago would be flabbergasted.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Imagine all the effort those old timey hyper competent kgb agents had to put up with to get even the slightest edge over the US, and now there's this orange buffoon doing all their work for free

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Did you miss that part in school where they taught about a time in American politics where everyone went crazy and there was a Russian behind every mailbox

Yeah, Stalin is probably rolling over in his grave that he stuck with the "We're communist" schtick when he could have just come out and said "I'm a fascist dictator" and republicans would have been falling over themselves to suck his cock.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Mnoba posted:

did you see the colbert live audience cheer when he announced comey's firing? the look on his dumb loving face was priceless

I mean, it is a good thing, it's clear sign that Trump is guilty as gently caress.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Count Freebasie posted:

It's in the lyrics for "Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles, which is from the loving '60s. Let's not get all dogwhistle with this poo poo.

I probably should have left it as "low class", yeah. I didn't mean to imply it's a dogwhistle.

Sorry, my communication ability is off today, as I have not been well.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Well when the FBI finds a bag of rubles in the offices or whatever, let me know.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Bholder posted:

I mean, it is a good thing, it's clear sign that Trump is guilty as gently caress.

uhhh wha?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Trump is under investigation.

Trump fires the guy who heads said investigation.

Clearly he did it because he revealed hillary's emails.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Colberts audience didn't get the updated script

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Trump owns

People honestly believing Russia is an evil mastermind out to get them owns

The gay cat lady mod team posting the suicide prevention hotline when Hillary lost owns

Goons slowly turning into their parents by becoming addicted to cable news and being glued to their phones/TVs getting outraged and thinking every FUD story is the biggest Thing ever is the ultimate own.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Boy am i against the establishment now let me defend every pro-billionaire policy under the sun.

Watchin all these guys talk about the greatness of bernie then poo poo on everything he stood for because politics has become 'attitude' to them. For example, spunky literally said "trump is an attitude".

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

iuvian posted:

The gay cat lady mod team posting the suicide prevention hotline when Hillary lost owns

This is something I will remember for the rest of my life

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't believe all those MSM propaganda outlets which is why random tweets, RT, and breitbart are my media of choice- they couldn't possibly be propagandistic.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

iuvian posted:

But that's what's funny, they're not an evil mastermind they're just marveling and watching the train wreck planning on doing whatever they want while everyone is preoccupied with us.

It's not that Trump is a literal Manchurian candidate with Putin in his ear dummies, that's just a joke! It's that he has tons of business ties there and there is a clear conflict of interest he refuses to act on and pretends doesn't exist.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I feel like the purposeful misunderstanding of trump's ~alleged~ crimes has been getting more frequent over the past couple days

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

COMRADES posted:

But that's what's funny, they're not an evil mastermind they're just marveling and watching the train wreck planning on doing whatever they want while everyone is preoccupied with us.

It's not that Trump is a literal Manchurian candidate with Putin in his ear dummies, that's just a joke! It's that he has tons of business ties there and there is a clear conflict of interest he refuses to act on and pretends doesn't exist.

no one cares at all whatsoever lmao, and he is pretty within his legal rights to have as much business holdings as he would like!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

iuvian posted:

lol at the idea that the ex-KGB officer who is currently the defacto dictator of the Russian Federation and secretly(?) the richest man in the world who has people killed with polonium is not an evil mastermind.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/862758098892619780

lmao

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

You gotta love the comments too. It's like Fukushima with the perpetual, ongoing meltdowns.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

You gotta love the comments too. It's like Fukushima with the perpetual, ongoing meltdowns.

ya the comments are the best part, people are insane. i wish someone funny would figure out how people spam reply and get the top 3-4 spots, it's always sjw internet warriors just repeating whatever they read on dailykos or whatever

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I wish he'd have done this from the potus account

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Mnoba posted:

no one cares at all whatsoever lmao, and he is pretty within his legal rights to have as much business holdings as he would like!

Actually, no, it's pretty illegal.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Blue Train posted:

I wish he'd have done this from the potus account

i can't remember my 2 gmail account passwords at all, it might be possible trump is better at the internet than me

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Bholder posted:

the executive branch has no limits, rules, or anything regarding business holdings when becoming president unlike the other branches, unless you mean something else

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Bholder posted:

Not when the president does it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

jimmy carter's peanut farm

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

also the emoluments clause, though I guess trump supporters are pretty clear on not caring about what's in the constitution

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The president is not immune from prosecution and his being president doesn't legalize his actions regardless of how many times simple don says it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Mnoba posted:

the executive branch has no limits, rules, or anything regarding business holdings when becoming president unlike the other branches, unless you mean something else

The lease of the hotel in DC he owns is p specific about being unable to be possessed by an elected official but he's like nope *human being dog grin*

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Unless John Oliver can set up a url redirect that lets the audience prosecute Donald Trump for violating the emulsions clause I think y'all are barking up the wrong tree

because this isn't news to anyone especially the folks with the power to do something about it aka those clowns in congress

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

also the emoluments clause, though I guess trump supporters are pretty clear on not caring about what's in the constitution

They want America to be an authoritarian shithole run by crony capitalists like Russia so clearly

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I loving hate John Oliver so much and his smug attitude combined with his gross British mouth and his poo poo clothes make me wanna vomit

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Well there would be a certain document that would tell us if his company is breaking the emulsion clause, but according to Trump "nobody cares about that" so I guess we might as well take his word for it...

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Blue Train posted:

I loving hate John Oliver so much and his smug attitude combined with his gross British mouth and his poo poo clothes make me wanna vomit

My girlfriend likes Oliver and his show is kinda interesting but he himself and most of that gang are insufferable, the worst is loving Bill Maher why anyone watches him is beyond me.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Blue Train posted:

The lease of the hotel in DC he owns is p specific about being unable to be possessed by an elected official but he's like nope *human being dog grin*

holy loly I forgot about this. for anyone unfamiliar http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/03/23/521283505/gsa-says-trump-d-c-hotel-lease-is-valid-despite-ban-on-elected-officials

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Bholder posted:

Well there would be a certain document that would tell us if his company is breaking the emulsion clause, but according to Trump "nobody cares about that" so I guess we might as well take his word for it...

you don't need his taxes to know foreign governments are giving him money by staying in hotels or whatever. it will boil down to what a federal judge thinks aboutit. it is going to be an interesting case and i think SHOULD result in an amendment to the constitution making the executive declare like everyone else.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Eventually when you deflect hard enough you start changing into the thing you're mocking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

Blue Train posted:

Same, he's such a fuckin unlikeable smug prick caricature liberal

• Locked thread