Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
I don't get it.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Looks like a "cycle picture" to me.

Similar in that regard to

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Is he wearing a hockey helmet?

This.

I don't know what it is but scooter riders seem to think that bicycle/football/hockey helmets will save their lives. I remember seeing some guy the other day waking around with a hockey helmet on and I thought he was just cracked out but then he got onto a ratty looking Honda Elite and rode away. Helmet not even strapped on.

Biscuit Joiner
May 18, 2008

clutchpuck posted:

Looks like a "cycle picture" to me.

It is, this one as well -

Taken at Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Area in Harlan County Kentucky.

Or this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btXCFpsTLs4

Skip to 10:30 to see me fall over in a mud puddle.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I love the clouds of steam boiling off the engine/exhaust.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

EvilCrayon posted:

This.

I don't know what it is but scooter riders seem to think that bicycle/football/hockey helmets will save their lives. I remember seeing some guy the other day waking around with a hockey helmet on and I thought he was just cracked out but then he got onto a ratty looking Honda Elite and rode away. Helmet not even strapped on.

Maybe it's a "just to follow the letter of the law" kinda thing. Probably more comfortable, if you're the kind of fool to believe that you will certainly never have an accident that might require you to actually have gear that could save your life/brains/face

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

WTF is this poo poo ? I know I'll just accused of being a dickhead/hater again or whatever but for fucks sake will someone explain to hipsters how tires work. I've seen tons of bikes with these huge sidewall tiny section tires on them, most of them have just been jerk off vanity bikes or whatever, but this thing it looks like it was almost meant to be ridden for fun. Except of course for those stupid rear end tires.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Oh look tires that actually make sense would be fun to ride on, even if the front rim is over sized or whatever.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

HNasty posted:

I've seen tons of bikes with these huge sidewall tiny section tires on them, most of them have just been jerk off vanity bikes or whatever, but this thing it looks like it was almost meant to be ridden for fun. Except of course for those stupid rear end tires.

So these guys must be bored as hell then, right? No fun allowed on skinny tires?

That bike you quoted above seems to have the same tire width and only slightly lower profile than the hipster one you posted originally, too.

If you meant how they use the vintage Dunlop replicas instead of modern race tires, well, there's no argument there from a performance perspective. Clearly the "hipsters" just get more fun out of the styling than out of tight corners. To each their own, I guess.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

So these guys must be bored as hell then, right? No fun allowed on skinny tires?

That bike you quoted above seems to have the same tire width and only slightly lower profile than the hipster one you posted originally, too.

If you meant how they use the vintage Dunlop replicas instead of modern race tires, well, there's no argument there from a performance perspective. Clearly the "hipsters" just get more fun out of the styling than out of tight corners. To each their own, I guess.

I guess I'm wrong, everyone go buy 110 ply tires and have a ball, it's all the same. Thanks sagebrush.

Also it's more than just the size I was talking about.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

HNasty posted:

I guess I'm wrong, everyone go buy 110 ply tires and have a ball, it's all the same. Thanks sagebrush.

yeah, those skinny tires posted actually have a lot of surface area relative to the size that can contact the ground.

The tires on the bike you posted are large but would corner like crap. I get what you're saying, dude. I agree.

I like the rest of the bike though.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

HNasty posted:

WTF is this poo poo ? I know I'll just accused of being a dickhead/hater again or whatever but for fucks sake will someone explain to hipsters how tires work. I've seen tons of bikes with these huge sidewall tiny section tires on them, most of them have just been jerk off vanity bikes or whatever, but this thing it looks like it was almost meant to be ridden for fun. Except of course for those stupid rear end tires.

At worst, they're showpieces, and at best, they're bar cruisers.

Custom cafe bikes: Orange County Choppers for Gen Y

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I get BikeExif and a couple of other blogs in my RSS feed and the number of well built bikes with otherwise good components ruined by putting loving Firestones or similar 'vintage' tyres on them is depressing.

"Hmm, I've spent all this money adapting premium suspension components and decent brakes to this vintage bike, time to undo all that work by fitting bias plys!"

quote:

Custom cafe bikes: Orange County Choppers for Gen Y

In another 10 years there will be a new spate of shows about taking peoples aborted-fetus cafe builds and restoring them to factory spec, calling it now.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Shimrod posted:

Dear god, I usually love Repsol bikes of any form, but that is just horrendous. Is it just me? I really quite hate that bike for some reason.

e: sorry if that's yours :S I must admit I'm not a massive fan of the current designs of modern supersports :/

Really late reply:
Nah its not my bike, just had to take a picture because I was amazed that the 5+ aport bikes in that line up all had the riders wearing proper safety gear.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

wheeeeeeeeee

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Wasn't that posted like two pages ago?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Safety Dance posted:

Wasn't that posted like two pages ago?
Yep.

Hughmoris posted:

NHRA chick loses brakes on her bike and has to Slayer DownTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=571Qmt5i8lo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

meh, now it's a GIF. And that track is like five miles away from my grandma's house so I thought it was kinda neat.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 17, 2012

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Sagebrush posted:

meh, now it's a GIF. And that track is like five miles away from my grandma's house so I thought it was kinda neat.

Is it that hard to say "whoops, I missed that"?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I for one appreciate the reposting of the occasional vids in .gif, youtube is slow as balls here because of our proxy server.

Resource
Aug 6, 2006
Yay!

Sagebrush posted:

I appreciate the gif of the important part of that video.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

ReelBigLizard posted:

I for one appreciate the reposting of the occasional vids in .gif, youtube is slow as balls here because of our proxy server.

Where's that? Is it like a censorship thing?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Resource posted:

Wasn't aware this was a thing but I've had this in my moto image folder for awhile. Is that one Harley Sportster based as well?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Resource posted:

could I get some more pics and info about this thing? It looks super classy

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

ADINSX posted:

could I get some more pics and info about this thing? It looks super classy

http://www.knucklebusterinc.com/features/2010/07/15/1930-art-deco-henderson/

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

HNasty posted:

I get what you're saying, it shouldn't look like a race bike if it isn't a race bike, but it is just a cheap dirtbike dressed up a bit, afterall. And while bias plies are by no means state of the art, not all motorcycling is about state of the art tire technology. For the longest time one of the only tires you could get to fit a VMax stock wheels were bias ply, and nobody who rode them was particularly bothered by that fact. If you're going for lap records, you wouldn't be looking at an augmented 250 Honda dirtbike in the first place, or a VMax for that matter, so it hardly matters if the tires aren't the greatest thing since multi-compound.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

In another 10 years there will be a new spate of shows about taking peoples aborted-fetus cafe builds and restoring them to factory spec, calling it now.

There's a show on already called Cafe Racer, but most of the builders are competent and the bikes are track ridden by the Bostrom brothers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJvAbRzG5m4

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

ReelBigLizard posted:

I for one appreciate the reposting of the occasional vids in .gif

This. Thank you sagebrush.

I'm headed up to Bethany Beach at the end of the month for my girlfriend's birthday. I'll try and snag some pictures of LGC while I'm up there.

I can't remember if I posted this or not, but it would have been so long ago that I can't seem to find it.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vinta...cc-payback.html

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
Oh hell yah!

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Backpanther.jpg

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
too many arms

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

Ahaha. This is great.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
Is the heat of summer messing with my brain? Or is this a natural reaction to not having a motorcycle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY0lhCcuzBs

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Canadians did it too. There was a picture of this bike in another thread..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhvhDg06Vc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
From a collection of pics of one of the earliest Comic-cons. I don't know why this intrigues me. Maybe it's because I get the impression moto helmet trooper has concluded the whole thing's a sham and he's about to head back and go for a joyride on dad's KZ400.