Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
guess who just manually 6-linked his first item? https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/killstealing/characters this guyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So I started looking into item filters and holy moly its too complicated. All I really want are to hide all weapons I don't care about like staffs/swords etc.

Katasi
Nov 22, 2005
White water rafting down the river styx

Zo posted:

mouse-only play update: league starter (ssfhc)

Do you hate yourself?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Knifegrab posted:

So I started looking into item filters and holy moly its too complicated. All I really want are to hide all weapons I don't care about like staffs/swords etc.

Have you tried Filtration.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Katasi posted:

Do you hate yourself?

Like me, he's a Puzzle&Dragons player so yes, we're all in on hating ourselves.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Katasi posted:

Do you hate yourself?

well, i always only play hardcore for any arpg, and I'm not gonna be doing much trading while playing with only a mouse!!

(unless you mean the mouse only part but that's kind of unavoidable)

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

madstrike posted:

Like me, he's a Puzzle&Dragons player so yes, we're all in on hating ourselves.

also, this

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
What's up with the streamer Pohx saying kappa all the time like a verbal tic?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That's a twitch thing. Ostensibly it means I'm joking, or being sarcastic, you shouldn't take this sentence seriously, etc. It's really stupid.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

DemonMage posted:

That's a twitch thing. Ostensibly it means I'm joking, or being sarcastic, you shouldn't take this sentence seriously, etc. It's really stupid.

all true, but Pohx takes is so much further than any other twitch streamer I've ever watched, he is so annoying

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I assume it's based in anime somehow?

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...
Can I get a guild invite? char name BlameItOnTheInternet

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whydirt posted:

I assume it's based in anime somehow?

no

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Peewi posted:

I guess I'll do spectres, then. I just assumed necromancers would use skeletons without knowing anything.

I mean skeletons are perfectly usable as secondaries, just never as your main thing, because of their mechanics.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Man I can't wait to use this :)
Level is just barely high enough to use on a T1 map.
Any better ideas than comboing this with two other rogue exile stones on a map with good mods?

e: haha I am an idiot and I thought that meant 6-linked. Still decent, though.

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 6, 2017

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

please knock Mom! posted:

Show him blade flurry cwc with either bladefall or something else

I saw mathil melting face this build, but my question is: is it still good even without the scourge?

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I'm at dried lake merciless and have slowly realized that my flameblast totem inquisitor character is garbage. I die every time an enemy looks at me sideways, clear speed is poor at best, and its not fun. at this point i don't even think i can farm for currency to put into a new character its so bad. please take a look at my build and tell me what I'm doing so wrong because everybody has said this build is supposed to be great and its the opposite for me.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/gumballdad/characters

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAKcVAABRA...FKoudJ8AAAAAAA=

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I'm at dried lake merciless and have slowly realized that my flameblast totem inquisitor character is garbage. I die every time an enemy looks at me sideways, clear speed is poor at best, and its not fun. at this point i don't even think i can farm for currency to put into a new character its so bad. please take a look at my build and tell me what I'm doing so wrong because everybody has said this build is supposed to be great and its the opposite for me.

No idea about the build specifically, but looking at your items, none of them have any +life on them, which becomes really important late cruel/merciless. the 5 alteration orb craft for +25-50 life is really great to just slap on leveling gear.

Made a huge difference to my first character last league, hunter and I didn't know anything about builds so my tree was really scattershot.
I was at 1.5k life at act 3 merciless and I was being popped like a pimple. Ended up using ~20 or so refund points to remove damage skills and grab life nodes, and slapped some life on my gear to get up near 2.5k, which is still low but felt way better.I made life a priority after that.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

whypick1 posted:

Have you tried Filtration.

This is easier but it still seems like there is no way to easily filter out items by attribute type (int, strength etc)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

You could hide by item class and base type still. For example:

code:
Hide
	ItemClass Staves
	BaseType "mail" "Chain Hauberk"
That would hide a good chunk of your Templar gear ("Chain Hauberk" is the only ES/AR body armor that doesn't have "mail" in it, none of the other armor types have the term "mail" in them).

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Yeah I might muck with it.

New problem though: I have two sets of weapons, wands and bows, I toggle with x. On my bow I have two elemental gems spells, and on my wand I have a chaos gem spell. I bound my bow to left and right click but when I swap my items it totally fucks my bindings. Is there no way to make it stick?

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I totally want to get the Phoenix Pack but 660 Singapore dollars is kinda wtf money to spend on a free game

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

According to Chris, your income is already tithed to GGG at this point, might as well just buy it.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah I might muck with it.

New problem though: I have two sets of weapons, wands and bows, I toggle with x. On my bow I have two elemental gems spells, and on my wand I have a chaos gem spell. I bound my bow to left and right click but when I swap my items it totally fucks my bindings. Is there no way to make it stick?

No. Bindings are not stored per weapon set.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Apart from getting more life that's already been said:
* You don't seem to be using a curse. Temporal Chains is great, it keeps monsters out of your face and in the flameblast ring. I use a level 1 Orb of Storms to apply it but YMMV.
* Adding a Lightning Golem would increase your cast speed and also draw a bit of aggro from monsters.
* Keep a Concentrated Effect in a spare socket and swap in it for bosses, it does a lot more damage.
* You probably have enough space for a 35% aura or a herald or blashphemy curse. I don't think there's anything amazing for you available in that slot but you probably aren't using the mana for anything else.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

* You probably have enough space for a 35% aura or a herald or blashphemy curse. I don't think there's anything amazing for you available in that slot but you probably aren't using the mana for anything else.

I'd probably go Discipline first, then Vitality then...not even bother with any other option.

Swapping Anger for Haste is an option as well.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Magus42 posted:

No. Bindings are not stored per weapon set.

So swapping weapons is useless then? That kind of defeats the entire point of weapon swaps...

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I really only use the alt-weapons for holding on to gems to swap in should the need arise (trash-clearing vs. boss-killing) or to level for the 20% recipe.

I do have to question what your build is doing if you're alternating between chaos and elemental skills.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Weapon swaps are dumb, never use them

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah using them to level gems is the big main use for them. Culling Strike is another popular one, but just seems like way too much effort usually.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I used weapon swapping for EA to swap between single target and area since that build really wants a Kaoms and I didn't like single target with GMP and inc aoe; but in general there's not a lot of point in weapon swapping.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
If you play a crit build you can have a jaws of agony in a weapon swap, with low cooldown trap + multitrap + clustertrap socketed inside. Start a map, weapon swap, churn out traps, bootstrap up to near max power charge.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

StashAugustine posted:

I used weapon swapping for EA to swap between single target and area since that build really wants a Kaoms and I didn't like single target with GMP and inc aoe; but in general there's not a lot of point in weapon swapping.

I did the same for my CI EA Pathfinder because gently caress trying to get that many R/G sockets on ES armor.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I'm mostly swapping weapons because I play Poe to have fun and I don't honestly give a poo poo if I'm not min maxing or making an on-paper good character. I enjoy having an elemental bow and chaos want, sue me.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Phobophilia posted:

If you play a crit build you can have a jaws of agony in a weapon swap, with low cooldown trap + multitrap + clustertrap socketed inside. Start a map, weapon swap, churn out traps, bootstrap up to near max power charge.

you seen dan's run yesterday, too? :v:

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
Call of the Brotherhood is giving me Voidheart flashbacks. Decided to buy Pledge of Hands at 20c, when CotB was at 20c as well. Now Pledges are 10c and CotB 40c :saddowns:

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
I hear people talking about running labs for currency. How does that work? Is it simply that you speculate on grabbing the end chests that drop pure currency, or is there a more complicated trick?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

peak debt posted:

I hear people talking about running labs for currency. How does that work? Is it simply that you speculate on grabbing the end chests that drop pure currency, or is there a more complicated trick?

You run uber lab and get as many keys as possible (so you want a build that can survive Izaro at his strongest), and the average return on currency will be significantly above what it costs to buy offerings from other people. Most of the loot comes from the end chests yeah, though there's also a couple good silver door/puzzle reward chests, and some good but very rare dark shrine effects.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

peak debt posted:

You get a character that can run labyrinth quickly, and then just spam it in hopes to pull endgame enchants, gems, currency, divination cards, and map items. All loot is hit or miss, but when you do hit the right enchants you make bank, and quality gems with Atziri pieces will make up most of the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Goa Tse-tung posted:

you seen dan's run yesterday, too? :v:

no idea, did he die or something?

anyway, i remember using this trick last in prophecy league, but i havent played crit builds since

• Locked thread