Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Manatee Cannon posted:

you sure it's not in amazing? I could swear that happens there

Whoops, I think I accidentally skipped to the most recent run rather than the Amazing that followed right after Superior. I'm not sure how I did that. Thanks!

[quote="“Lobok”" post="“477447098”"]
What issue are you on? Superior ends at 31 and becomes Amazing, but on Marvel Unlimited it’s confusing because during the Spider-Verse event the Superior Spider-Man title comes back as a spin-off and revives the same issue numbering. On Marvel Unlimited there is issue 32 directly after 31 but those comics are actually four months apart and you’re supposed to have switched to reading Amazing Spider-Man after 31. The MU site/app isn’t smart enough to send you to the right comic, it goes to the “next” Superior issue even though it’s not.
[/quote]

A-ha! That's the problem, I kept on rolling and it directed me to the wrong thing.

That's my one peeve with MU so far, it's really hard to keep track of stuff like that.

Especially crossovers. Why can't those checklists at the end be clickable links?

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Oct 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Marvel Unlimited really needs some sort of way to share a "playlist" for the crossovers.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Skwirl posted:

Marvel Unlimited really needs some sort of way to share a "playlist" for the crossovers.

They actually sort of do. You can sort by events. But, nothing more granular than that.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Zoro posted:

They actually sort of do. You can sort by events. But, nothing more granular than that.

And that's only the events they decided to put there.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Celery Jello posted:

And that's only the events they decided to put there.

And it’s hoping they get the order right.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

On Unlimited, do they still list some comics by the titles without linking to the featured characters, even when it doesn't make sense from a modern perspective? For example, Panther's Rage under Jungle Action and Jim Starlin's Warlock under Strange Tales instead of Black Panther and Adam Warlock, respectively? No one who wants to read those stories in this day and age is going to look for those titles.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

On Unlimited, do they still list some comics by the titles without linking to the featured characters, even when it doesn't make sense from a modern perspective? For example, Panther's Rage under Jungle Action and Jim Starlin's Warlock under Strange Tales instead of Black Panther and Adam Warlock, respectively? No one who wants to read those stories in this day and age is going to look for those titles.

It is still pretty unreliable as far as linking characters or creators goes. The best, but probably most cumbersome method I've found is to get a reading list from elsewhere and go through browse by title manually. It's the only way I'm aware of to make sure you don't miss a side story, or get the order wrong.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Finally, Marvel's back on the right direction again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If only Lorenzo Music was still around.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
January solicits

Tbh out of all that the only two things i found worth mentioning were

cat thor tease

Nazi Cap is already back

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

site posted:

Nazi Cap is already back

alright marvel

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So how long before we just get like, The Darkest Of Avengers featuring, I don't know, The Maker, Nazi Cap, Dark Beast (back from the dead, natch), Ragnarok and whatever other time-and-space-displaced copies are running around?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

site posted:

Nazi Cap is already back

I mean, he was never actually gone. It's clear they were planning to keep him around as a villain.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I guess i should be fair, Saladin is using him in black bolt so it has a chance of not being entirely poo poo, but I'd rather the character disappear forever ya know?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

So how long before we just get like, The Darkest Of Avengers featuring, I don't know, The Maker, Nazi Cap, Dark Beast (back from the dead, natch), Ragnarok and whatever other time-and-space-displaced copies are running around?

Doc ock is back as the superior octopus or something stupid. He definitely goes in.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so which swamp does marvel's legion of doom put up their base

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

January solicits

Tbh out of all that the only two things i found worth mentioning were

cat thor tease

Nazi Cap is already back

I dunno, I'm happy to see the return of Batroc in Gwenpool.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

I dunno, I'm happy to see the return of Batroc in Gwenpool.

Same but I'm pretty sure team modok are now more or less permanent fixtures in Gwenpool so im not really surprised by it

I am continually pleasantly surprised the book itself shows up in solicits though, i keep dreading the day i load one up and it's no longer there

site fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 17, 2017

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

TALES OF SUSPENSE #101 (of 5)

edit: Did X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN get cut short? I thought that was more than 2 issues.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 17, 2017

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I'm finding myself really goddamn pissed at the concept of bringing Legion back for some mini. It was a good ending, let it stand until you need the guy for something really important.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Avengers being a weekly series is too much, even for me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

I guess i should be fair, Saladin is using him in black bolt so it has a chance of not being entirely poo poo, but I'd rather the character disappear forever ya know?

Well the solicit doesn't actually say he'll be in the comic. It just says Black Bolt is pissed about what he did. And based on the cover with the real Cap I think you'll be seeing Black Bolt going after the real Cap in that comic. Probably your typical hero misunderstanding.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

Going from loving two concurrent series of Avengers during Hickman to dropping out entirely after a couple of issues of Waid's, I'm looking forward to being drawn back in by it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

I mean, it's replacing three books so its not really that much different if you were reading those three already. I'm not really a fan of weekly stuff either but I was already reading Avengers, USAvengers, and Uncanny so mashing those three together weekly works for me. When they were doing the flashback issues for Avengers I was already getting 4 Avengers issues a month anyway.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I was only getting U.S.Avengers, so it's a pretty big increase.

I am also more than a bit disappointed that it wasn't just a new writer entirely. I was hoping for Jason Aaron to take over the main Avengers book.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Roth posted:

So all three titles (Avengers, US Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers) is just getting rolled into the main book that comes out 3 times a month? Eh, I've seen worse ideas.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I haven't kept up, are they doing Avengers like Brand New Day where each writer is alternating an arc or will it be like triangle era Superman where they are alternating each issue, because that is terrible.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

pubic works project posted:

So all three titles (Avengers, US Avengers, and Uncanny Avengers) is just getting rolled into the main book that comes out 3 times a month? Eh, I've seen worse ideas.

I'm certainly not spending 5 Canuck Funnybux a week on Avengers. Of those three, the only one I liked was DaCosta And Pals.
I don't even like all the double-shipping titles. X-Men Blue and Gold each have three issues in January. Good lord.

Interesting that the Ms Marvel cover looks to have a blonde girl wearing the costume. Wonder what that's about. Also I saw something about the Champions suffering a loss and then couldn't immediately find her on the cover and my heart skipped a beat. I'm such a sucker for Kamala. Semi-off topic, last night on Netflix I watched a doc about women in comics called "She Makes Comics" or something similar. Worth checking out.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

If you look close, her hair is brown. Looks like a combo of the coloring and art style is playing tricks.

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Diet Poison posted:

I'm certainly not spending 5 Canuck Funnybux a week on Avengers. Of those three, the only one I liked was DaCosta And Pals.
I don't even like all the double-shipping titles. X-Men Blue and Gold each have three issues in January. Good lord.

Interesting that the Ms Marvel cover looks to have a blonde girl wearing the costume. Wonder what that's about. Also I saw something about the Champions suffering a loss and then couldn't immediately find her on the cover and my heart skipped a beat. I'm such a sucker for Kamala. Semi-off topic, last night on Netflix I watched a doc about women in comics called "She Makes Comics" or something similar. Worth checking out.

That's not Miss Marvel. She's wearing it a costume, sure, but it doesn't look right and she looks like Miss Marvel's friend from school. Considering the issue right before it has a bunch of people in her costume on their cover and is about people carrying on her Legacy in her absence, I think her friend from school is wearing that costume.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shawn posted:

I haven't kept up, are they doing Avengers like Brand New Day where each writer is alternating an arc or will it be like triangle era Superman where they are alternating each issue, because that is terrible.

It's only one long arc. Zub said they all wrote it together at the last retreat earlier this year. Each artist is doing an arc's worth of issues.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was worried about Avengers going Weekly, but if its replacing books i'm already buying, that's okay.

There's a lot of Jean Grey in there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can someone more knowledgeable than me tell me who this is/what the big deal is

https://twitter.com/DanSlott/status/920401193725300736

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

I don't know who that is, but it's Dan Slott on Twitter, so he's probably lying about it being important.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDTwO0TlwOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Is that supposed to be miracleman?

Is he still a thing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is he still a thing.

Oh poo poo, Spider-Man versus Miracleman would be kinda dope (if it wasn't written by Dan Slott).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is he still a thing.

He says there's no hint of it on the cover, so probably not.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Diet Poison posted:

Also I saw something about the Champions suffering a loss and then couldn't immediately find her on the cover and my heart skipped a beat. I'm such a sucker for Kamala.

I breathed a sigh of relief at seeing her tucked away behind everyone...

..then panicked again at realising Viv was nowhere to be seen. Not that Waid has been writing her (or anyone) well in it but even so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

site posted:

Who that is, according to the solicit, is Zodiac.

• Locked thread