Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Julio Cruz posted:

I used Hulk/Patch/KK and it was pretty easy. Hulk generates enough green from match damage that you can afford to use his green just to proc KK's heal, then when there's an available purple/red match fire Patch's green/red.

Oh, wait, it works off tiles not created by the dude too? As long as they belong to him, it works?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh, wait, it works off tiles not created by the dude too? As long as they belong to him, it works?

Confirmed. I used Patch's green/red and Elektra's purple and beat him. I also read somewhere that anytime his strikes are matched, it does the same amount of damage no matter if it was 1 matched or 3, so might need to choose accordingly. Didn't notice myself.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

That Ignorant Sap posted:

Confirmed. I used Patch's green/red and Elektra's purple and beat him. I also read somewhere that anytime his strikes are matched, it does the same amount of damage no matter if it was 1 matched or 3, so might need to choose accordingly. Didn't notice myself.

This is correct, I matched 3 strikes thinking it'd finish him off but it still only did damage for one.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Also they're not like trap tiles, if you clear a row with a strike tile in it it doesn't do damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i just came back to this and holy molly a lot of changes, and i see they're making 3* again? that's great! i was really tired of the lovely 4* brigade.

someone let me know if space opens up in bone rangers or another goon clan has space.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I just got Kaecilius down to the last hit, there were two strike tiles ready to be matched, and he chunked my entire team with his black power.

Whoever okayed the design for that should be buried up to their neck and pelted with eggs.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

the mindless one mooks have a pink that fires for 3 AP.

3 fuckin' AP

in other words, the kind of power design that D3 said they wanted to get away from more than a year ago. i've only played a handful of nodes on this event, but i'm already exhausted by it. those fuckers are zero fun to fight. it feels like there's some kind of inter-office bet between the devs to see how much more frustrating to fight they can make the newest mooks vs the prior set of mooks. ultron bots -> symbiotes -> mindless ones is a continuum of horse poo poo.

i can't fuckin' wait for mindless ones to start showing up in DPD nodes!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah the fights were no fun, especially since the fuckers can drop a Defense Tile that makes your match damage 1.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
For some reason on the Doom levels they decided the 2 star required node should be Ultron Prime and two of his minions. Had them do over 10k to me because of a cascade from their little "make crit tile power". It's pretty bullshit.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Nov 4, 2016

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Freaking Crumbum posted:

the mindless one mooks have a pink that fires for 3 AP.

3 fuckin' AP

in other words, the kind of power design that D3 said they wanted to get away from more than a year ago. i've only played a handful of nodes on this event, but i'm already exhausted by it. those fuckers are zero fun to fight. it feels like there's some kind of inter-office bet between the devs to see how much more frustrating to fight they can make the newest mooks vs the prior set of mooks. ultron bots -> symbiotes -> mindless ones is a continuum of horse poo poo.

i can't fuckin' wait for mindless ones to start showing up in DPD nodes!

have you looked at the power costs on other goons lately? lots of them are that low.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This has been an absolutely lovely day for Legendaries.

Used 40 CP, 1 Legendary from Champing Daredevil, and 1 Legendary from the Dr. Strange vault and got Elektra Purple (Dupe), Mr. Fantastic Black (Mr. Fantastic), Spider Woman Black (eh), and Starlord Yellow (Dupe, both Yellow and Purple are maxed).

Mr. Fantastic is at 10 covers now.

Meanwhile Jean Grey is still at 3.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Just got my rear end handed to me on The Big Enchilada. I run 128 2*Wolverine, 120 OBW, 118 2* Thor, and didn't make it through the 3rd wave. Not sure, but it seemed like the damage was much higher than I am used to .

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Mykkel posted:

Just got my rear end handed to me on The Big Enchilada. I run 128 2*Wolverine, 120 OBW, 118 2* Thor, and didn't make it through the 3rd wave. Not sure, but it seemed like the damage was much higher than I am used to .

I don't think I can do it today. I have tried three times running 98 Thor, OBW and Wolverine. gently caress Ultron sentries.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ultron minions would be ok if they just did their little powers or they matched tiles but doing both makes them annoying as gently caress. I chose Doom as my first run through on the Dr. Strange event because I was all "ok, Maggia has muscles and Hand has those guys who make those traps and the others who make tiles on death at least there's nothing annoying with Doombots." Then it was all "surprise, Ultron!"

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Ultron minions would be ok if they just did their little powers or they matched tiles but doing both makes them annoying as gently caress. I chose Doom as my first run through on the Dr. Strange event because I was all "ok, Maggia has muscles and Hand has those guys who make those traps and the others who make tiles on death at least there's nothing annoying with Doombots." Then it was all "surprise, Ultron!"

I picked doom first too with the same logic (doombots are the weakest mooks) and having ultron pop up wasn't exactly a surprise; I figured there had to be some trick to that node or else why wouldn't everyone just pick it first :confused:

ultron is kind of old hat at this point - either you have a squad that can handle ultron bots or you don't, but they're comparatively less annoying to fight than the hand or symbiotes or the new mindless turds.

I'm guessing that a lot of people have just quit playing this PvE event? I'm SL 7 with the 8pm start time, and right now I'm top 100 the main event and top 50 in the sub-node, and all I did was clear the whole sub-node once and win the fight against the boss.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm at 30 for Book of Vishanti but somehow like 112 overall.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Caught a bad board and this happened about 5 turns later. I'm in the middle of transitioning to 3* so that killed all match damage and cut ability damage in half. I just laughed and force closed.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Critical posted:

Caught a bad board and this happened about 5 turns later. I'm in the middle of transitioning to 3* so that killed all match damage and cut ability damage in half. I just laughed and force closed.

the defense mindless ones make 2*/3* cap almost a necessity, or at least another hero that can easily manipulate tiles on the board. their starting shield is enough that most initial match damage will be heavily reduced, and if they manage to buff it even once, you're really hosed unless you can remove that tile.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was having fun using star lord to clean up their tiles. he's a lot more neat to use now, gee whiz

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Wouldn't Moonstone be a good counter to that? Stealing those tiles essentially makes you invincible, right?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Loki laughs in the face of ridiculously powerful enemy protect tiles.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Or Loki. Turn that into +1000 attack.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I also picked Doom and regretted it once Ultron arrived. I think I'll just get enough points for that Nova and forget the command points this time.

Doctor Strange is fun though. Once I get one I also look forward to the gimmick doctor team of Doom, Strange, and Octopus. Or Cap and Strange to have The Two Steves.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

McDragon posted:

I also picked Doom and regretted it once Ultron arrived. I think I'll just get enough points for that Nova and forget the command points this time.

Doctor Strange is fun though. Once I get one I also look forward to the gimmick doctor team of Doom, Strange, and Octopus. Or Cap and Strange to have The Two Steves.

Or the best team.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I got the purple Strange cover out of my book token. Do we know if he's getting added to the DDQ rotation or is he just going to sit at one (or two I guess if I get lucky tomorrow) covers forever?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I can't imagine why he wouldn't be. All the new characters get added to the clash cycle, don't they?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Ok so I have 7 5 stars but the highest is 3 covers. I just pulled a Steve Rogers. I'm super considering not rostering him and selling him because he's bad and I'm going to use that HP for 3* Strange. Is that a dumb idea?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Ok so I have 7 5 stars but the highest is 3 covers. I just pulled a Steve Rogers. I'm super considering not rostering him and selling him because he's bad and I'm going to use that HP for 3* Strange. Is that a dumb idea?

he's the most likely to get buffed next, because he doesn't get used at all, but that doesn't make him good now.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man is it Loki/She-Hulk's time to shine for this event?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

I pulled a 5* Goblin and was so pissed at getting another useless 5* single cover that I almost sold him.

He's currently 2/4/0 - Never sell 5* because they'll add up over time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I rostered him. I'm only 400 HP from another slot and should have that by the time the event is over.

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Call Me Charlie posted:

I pulled a 5* Goblin and was so pissed at getting another useless 5* single cover that I almost sold him.

He's currently 2/4/0 - Never sell 5* because they'll add up over time.

Listen to this advice, if space allows. I did this exact thing with 5* Steve and now he's a gentleman's 1/1/1. Whatever buff he ends up getting, at least I have a cover for it!

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Recommendations for ideal 4* Cyclops build? By natural accumulation he came out at 4 red, 4 yellow, 5 blue, and I just pulled another yellow from the EOTS vault. Is it better used for respec or 1k iso? (nowhere near enough iso to champ him.)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So are there any open spaces in a clan?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CidGregor posted:

Recommendations for ideal 4* Cyclops build? By natural accumulation he came out at 4 red, 4 yellow, 5 blue, and I just pulled another yellow from the EOTS vault. Is it better used for respec or 1k iso? (nowhere near enough iso to champ him.)

535. If I recall, 5 gives 1 more AP than 3 covers and longer turns.

Damage on Red is too good to give up unless you're using Cyclops to feed Red AP to HB or whatever.

Blue's range of 5 x 5 is amazing for gathering Red AP and does decent damage.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
That's what I'd go with. 1 extra AP from TU matches is hardly any use since you're never focusing on TU matches.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plus, the combo of IM40 and Cyclops is amazing. Worth having 3 overlapping colors.

Cyclops is insane when boosted.

Blue does 6k and gathers Red AP. Red does 10k without Team AP and 20k with.

And unlike HB, he doesn't even have to hurt himself!

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard

rabidsquid posted:

So are there any open spaces in a clan?

If you want to join the_sanctuary I'll tell them to let you in. Just let me know your ign. It's the alliance for our casually playing folks but there's some random newbies in it.
Unless a goon alliance has an opening?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I just got a prof xblue from one of the strange tokens I got tossed.

so 4/0/3.

Hope I get a purple before the redo.

Also the token from my first 10 item vault was loving x force wolv green.

i think thats 7 or 8 now.

5/2/2/ build :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
10-pull from Season got me a Red Hulk Green, the only cover I have maxed.

It's really been a lovely series of 4*s.

On the other hand, championing Spider-man and a PvP token got me 2 X-23 covers, putting her at 2/3/3. She'd be a fun addition to my IM40/Cyclops team so I'm excited to not get any more covers for her since this game hates me.