Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Terror of the Saltine or whatever is fun against power-spamming mooks. When it's Maggia, its basically going off multiple times a turn. I got my Stranges a little awkwardly, couple of blue/purple for 3 and just one yellow for 5 so neither of them are particularly strong yet but it's going to be pretty great once they are,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

McDragon posted:

Terror of the Saltine or whatever is fun against power-spamming mooks. When it's Maggia, its basically going off multiple times a turn. I got my Stranges a little awkwardly, couple of blue/purple for 3 and just one yellow for 5 so neither of them are particularly strong yet but it's going to be pretty great once they are,

champed 3* Strange seems like he's going to become a PvP "gently caress-off" defender at the 3* level, like a boosted Rulk is at the 4* level.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Freaking Crumbum posted:

champed 3* Strange seems like he's going to become a PvP "gently caress-off" defender at the 3* level, like a boosted Rulk is at the 4* level.

Doesn't he have, like, loki levels of (lack of) HP? hard to be annoying when you're dead.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Superterranean posted:

Doesn't he have, like, loki levels of (lack of) HP? hard to be annoying when you're dead.

from the official forums, with 3* Strange at 6800 health at level 166, he has slightly more max health than Loki and Hood, but he is in the second lowest tier with Dakken and Patch, and they both have passive true healing, so YMMV. what I don't know (and can't find on the d3 forums) is whether his yellow will fire in response to other heroes' passive powers that create an effect, like IF and Cage making special tiles, or SW creating a countdown, or etc. if his yellow will fire in response to those, he's a pretty nice counter to two of the current reigning 3* heavy weights; if his yellow only works on powers that have to be directly activated by AP then his utility goes down a little.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
I was using him a bit in PvP and it didn't look like it was firing off against SWs passive

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
It's like the other reactive powers, like Carnage's; it only fires in response to an active power cast, so when mooks drop countdown etc. but not passive power casts, like SW or Falcon.

Truman Sticks
Nov 2, 2011
Yeah, Strange seems way better for PvE, being able to automatically smash mooks as they infinitely spam their countdown tiles. Once his level is high enough, you'd be able to play those rounds in your sleep.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Truman Sticks posted:

Yeah, Strange seems way better for PvE, being able to automatically smash mooks as they infinitely spam their countdown tiles. Once his level is high enough, you'd be able to play those rounds in your sleep.

man even a single yellow cover 5* strange would be a huge game-changer for people with low level rosters. he'd likely be able to solo nodes that they'd otherwise have trouble with

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
3* Strange seems to be basically a hard counter to KK power-spam teams. Outside of that I don't see him getting too much use in PvP, he's far too squishy.

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Even his champ 5* version has waaaaay too little health, I think they hosed up. He has less health than old man Logan, and oml has that massive, passive heal every turn.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I champed Patch today!

Is it a bad idea to use CP to get Loki's black to 5? I don't think so, since I'm not close to building a 4* roster and 5* is definitely out of reach. With those two, it's going to be a lot harder to get stopped and I don't have much else to use the CP for.

Also, why is there no Sabretooth? We have four Wolverines, but not a single Sabretooth? That's weird, right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leavemywife posted:

Is it a bad idea to use CP to get..

Yes it is a bad idea.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MarcusSA posted:

Yes it is a bad idea.

Basically anything less than "I need this one last cover for my 4 star and I have another cover waiting that only has 1 day left." is a bad idea.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Leavemywife posted:

I champed Patch today!

Is it a bad idea to use CP to get Loki's black to 5? I don't think so, since I'm not close to building a 4* roster and 5* is definitely out of reach. With those two, it's going to be a lot harder to get stopped and I don't have much else to use the CP for.

Also, why is there no Sabretooth? We have four Wolverines, but not a single Sabretooth? That's weird, right?

IIRC it's harder for them to license heroes that are exclusively X-Men because Fox (or Sony?) has the rights to those specific Marvel heroes, hence why the X-Men and Avengers movies seem to exist in opposite vacuums. it was a big deal that Sony allowed Marvel to use Spider-Man in the most recent Civil War movie.

also sabertooth hasn't been a big deal in the comics lately? i feel like he was Wolverine's 90's nemesis, but hasn't really had much to do in several years worth of comics.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
gently caress that, let's have a near-useless self-damaging Marrow to further clutter up the 3* pool.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Darthemed posted:

gently caress that, let's have a near-useless self-damaging Marrow to further clutter up the 3* pool.

Marrow and Maggot hell yeah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Basically anything less than "I need this one last cover for my 4 star and I have another cover waiting that only has 1 day left." is a bad idea.

Well, I don't really regret spending 120 CP so I could champ 4* Cyclops. He's put in a ton of work since then and has replaced Hulkbuster as my main 4* since he can be used with IM40 and doesn't need to hurt himself to gain AP.

Though that was during the Anniversary and I was loving swimming in CP from my alliance buying so much HP.

After getting a Nova Red (dupe) today, I'm actually starting to think saving up CP might be better than risking a dupe (3 within the last 8 or so covers) or a cover for a 4* I don't see myself using (Spider Woman).

On the other hand I'm addicted to Gacha, so...

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Spend cp on whatever you want because if you need to spend it on a 3 star one of loving 40 4 stars or a random rear end 5 star cover isn't going to help.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo I thought I was gonna have to not bother with Heroic cause gently caress dealing with a limited pool, but Cyclops is boosted which means I get to toss around 6K Blues and 10K (20k with Team Up) Reds.

Plus, I tried out Starlord and god drat is he amazing for PvE. Cyclops's Red becomes 8 AP and his Blue becomes 6 AP and his Yellow becomes 3 AP.

Plus, Blue feeds into Red, usually letting me get like 3 ~ 4 Red AP off 1 Blue so that's like half the cost of his Red right there. Yellow also gets me Red with Team Up tiles and lets me shoot boosted Reds though that's overkill.

Man, Cyclops + Starlord + IM40 would be amazing for PvE. 4 AP Recharges.

Starlord + Strange + 4* Cage could be fun too.

Though so many colors would overlap.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy poo poo Doc Strange is broken as gently caress, even for a 3 star.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Venom's also boosted this event. Mine does 11k damage for 9 yellow and nearly 6k for his green (which is great against characters like daken and bullseye)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 11, 2016

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Cyclops is my only champed 4 star. This is a pretty easy event so far.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Used to think Hulkbuster was amazing but Cyclops feels so much better, both when boosted and not boosted.

HB's biggest flaw is that he can't be used with IM40.

Also that he hurts himself.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hate-Senpai posted:

Don't we all?

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

Hate-Senpai posted:

Used to think Hulkbuster was amazing but Cyclops feels so much better, both when boosted and not boosted.

HB's biggest flaw is that he can't be used with IM40.

when I use HB (I don't use HB much) I balance the HP cost of the Overdrive against the expected extra damage I'd take from not ending the fight so much sooner. It's almost always worth it. And if you're going to use a health pack on him after the fight anyway, what harm are you really doing him?

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Well now the problem is that old man Logan uses that black to put out much stronger strike tiles, so I pretty much never use hulkbuster anymore. Though I suppose that's sort of a mpq first world problem.

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

21st Cherry boy posted:

Well now the problem is that old man Logan uses that black to put out much stronger strike tiles, so I pretty much never use hulkbuster anymore. Though I suppose that's sort of a mpq first world problem.

Speaking of first world problems: I applied the 800-score SW cover to my champ SW and she started tanking purple over Rulk :(:(

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
This event has taught me what a badass 2* Bullseye is.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I apologize for every time I cursed my luck after pulling a Star Lord. New Star Lord is a monster against full mook teams. I haven't even given him any iso.

He even makes 2* Wolverine helpful, four AP Feral Claws are very nice. And he does a similar thing with Psylocke so basically Star Lord does his passives and then Wolverine and Psylocke stab everyone to death. And then the bombs go off.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah he's quite good, although unfortunately mine only has one yellow cover

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

since this game loves exponential scaling of powers, my cyclops at 2/4/3 is effectively a useless laser douche

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

McDragon posted:

I apologize for every time I cursed my luck after pulling a Star Lord. New Star Lord is a monster against full mook teams. I haven't even given him any iso.

He even makes 2* Wolverine helpful, four AP Feral Claws are very nice. And he does a similar thing with Psylocke so basically Star Lord does his passives and then Wolverine and Psylocke stab everyone to death. And then the bombs go off.

3 AP Purples for Iron Fist.

Holy poo poo.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SectumSempra posted:

since this game loves exponential scaling of powers, my cyclops at 2/4/3 is effectively a useless laser douche

Hahaha, 2/4/4 and I feel ya man.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I'm set to hit 10k in the season for the first time. So excited. The game has been quickly accelerating for me. It's just raining 4* and command points at this point.

SectumSempra posted:

You can use him like a giant retarded battery in PVE. Mine's 3/4/1 and (when paired with Elektra/Iron Fist) generates 3 purple with every team-up match. You can quickly generate enough purple and black to punch everybody to death (or do Elektra's black to protect if somebody like juggs gets a headbutt)

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 12, 2016

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Call Me Charlie posted:

I'm set to hit 10k in the season for the first time. So excited. The game has been quickly accelerating for me. It's just raining 4* and command points at this point.

You can use him like a giant retarded battery in PVE. Mine's 3/4/1 and (when paired with Elektra/Iron Fist) generates 3 purple with every team-up match. You can quickly generate enough purple and black to punch everybody to death (or do Elektra's black to protect if somebody like juggs gets a headbutt)

Team up matches aren't frequent enough to be reliant on and I'm not usually relying on the most powerful color outside of winfinite sadly. (like every time i've used his yellow, i do two matches then see no team ups for so long that it was irrelevant, especially during his titan battle)

Starlord is more useful in pve then him for me, even with my starlord being 3/4/0 (wanna bet I hit 5 and get an extra before he's maxed out?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Starlord is 5/5/1 so obviously I get Yellows and Purples.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Elektra finally makes sense when paired with Venom. Using her double cross to lower the cost of his green feels so drat good.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Elektra howard the duck and spider woman seems like THE 4 star team of "lol you're never hitting me"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plus: The 3* Blade covers and 1 of the 2 Legendary covers form Clash let me max cover Nick Cage and Ghost Rider.

Minus: I don't use either of these dudes and don't have ISO to spare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Hate-Senpai posted:

Plus: The 3* Blade covers and 1 of the 2 Legendary covers form Clash let me max cover Nick Cage and Ghost Rider.

Minus: I don't use either of these dudes and don't have ISO to spare.

+ : i won my first clash ever today with a 3/4/1 Thing!

-- : the LT gave me a purple Drax, a 4* which i have not rostered and have no intention of rostering