Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dragoon was a good choice for my first character. Just finished the Aery and that was real good. Now all I can picture in my head now is Estinien and the Warrior of Light doing this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-OW4SAZgXY&t=17s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
You earn the achievement “Just Say the Word”!
You roll Need on the reveling kamuy fife. 99!
You obtain a reveling kamuy fife.

Apparently now I'm the most hated person in PBC. :smug: In my defense, I wasn't the person that died the most in that run.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 14, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Congrats!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I should probably get into some of those farm groups one of these days. How bad are they? The main reason I haven't yet is because I have bad memories of trying to farm up a 320 weapon.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 14, 2017

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I should probably get into some of those farm groups one of these days. How bad are they? The main reason I haven't yet is because I have bad memories of trying to farm up a 320 weapon.

Lakshmi and Susano to a slightly lesser extent are both braindead. Please note this probably means that most people are incapable of performing the few rudimentary tasks necessary to succeed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'd just like to get clears on those, but all the PF groups have their min ilvl higher than I can get to for a little while. I hit the enrage with a goon party on Susano so I know the mechanics for that one at least.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

kojei posted:

Lakshmi and Susano to a slightly lesser extent are both braindead. Please note this probably means that most people are incapable of performing the few rudimentary tasks necessary to succeed.

All true but PF still can't do them lol.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakshmi and Susano are piss easy. At this point a competent heale pair or even good solo healer can carry all but the most inept Susano teams and Lakshmi is literally just "hit Vril any time chinchilla is up, don't gently caress up the add phase."

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

ImpAtom posted:

"hit Vril any time chinchilla is up"

Therein lies the problem with pub groups.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Brainamp posted:

it's amazing to me when tanks don't hit vril for the tank buster move.

do you even do anything else in that fight other than that extra vril and getting the aggro from the add phase (which they also have trouble with)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Brainamp posted:

When I started so I g out after a few runs I'd get really bad at hitting vril. Having to count in susano seems to help make me stay awake.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

comingafteryouall posted:

it's amazing to me when tanks don't hit vril for the tank buster move.

do you even do anything else in that fight other than that extra vril and getting the aggro from the add phase (which they also have trouble with)

the off tank has to stand a little to the left

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Arist posted:

I'd just like to get clears on those, but all the PF groups have their min ilvl higher than I can get to for a little while. I hit the enrage with a goon party on Susano so I know the mechanics for that one at least.

Start your own party with a lower ilevel requirement.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Renegret posted:

the off tank has to stand a little to the left

or the right

tough decision I know

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cleave your party to toughen them the gently caress up.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

oh that's what the samurais are doing

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Saint Freak posted:

On my first successful clear of snakemom ex, the tank ate poo poo at 1%, so she marked one of the DPS, then turned around and cleaved the entire raid.

At that moment I briefly saw my e-life flash before my eyes

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I remember it took me a couple of days and a few different parties to finally get through Lakshmi EX. It sucked so bad that I've only ever bothered with the 1 clear. I want all the primal mounts eventually and her wolf is cooler, but gently caress am I not looking forward to that. Got Lakshmi regular in trial. I took 3 goons with me. The other 4 people in the party all died at least twice, most of the time because they weren't pushing Vril.

Only farm mounts with your buds, it's maddening otherwise.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I noticed that out in the world regular mobs have a letter at the end of their name. They appear to increment as I continue to kill them, so do they only indicate that I have a chain of kills going?

Special mobs also have letters but they don't appear to be sequential like the regular ones.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Renegret posted:

On my first successful clear of snakemom ex, the tank ate poo poo at 1%, so she marked one of the DPS, then turned around and cleaved the entire raid.

At that moment I briefly saw my e-life flash before my eyes

This happened when I was trying to clear Shinryu. He used the cleave move that puts markers on two people. The two peeps perfectly spread out so you could not escape the dragon's wrath. Only difference is it actually wiped the party.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I noticed that out in the world regular mobs have a letter at the end of their name. They appear to increment as I continue to kill them, so do they only indicate that I have a chain of kills going?

Special mobs also have letters but they don't appear to be sequential like the regular ones.

That's just numbering them "This is Wolf A, this is Wolf B, this is Wolf C" etc.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dick Trauma posted:

It's just there so you could differentiate ladybug #1 vs. ladybug #10. The specific letters don't really mean anything other than helping you keep track of your aggro.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Oh, those poor, nameless mobs. :(

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The letters for multiple mobs are good.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Leofish posted:

The letters for multiple mobs are good.

lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Level 60 Nightmare Bhooty is my FFXIV remix album.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I remember the world first T7 savage used the letters to distinguish which Renaud they were taking

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

The letters are great for Susan Ex when people gently caress up or do it enough that it loops back through the alphabet and someone dies cause the shell game trick of "attack the last letter" no longer works.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Relocation details are up: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e24df7e7a5494a6b17682f4ba4d8b8b59dd3942b

(Cost of Relocation) = (Destination Plot Price) – (30% of Old Plot Price)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
They're also suspending auto-deletion for housing for a couple of weeks, due to Irma and Harvey.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Are any of the FCs going to make the move? Not that I'm not perfectly fine with where the dgkk haus currently is.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Do not get me started on housing. I wandered into one lovely looking place and immediately turned around before I got drawn in.

I'm just going to assume the usual artificial scarcity is in play with scores of owned but abandoned homes taking up every available plot. In SWG people had to pay maintenance on their crafting equipment and when the rent was overdue they would visibly smoke, leading to depressing factory slums ringing player cities, buildings smoking away as the players left the game.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

cheetah7071 posted:

I remember the world first T7 savage used the letters to distinguish which Renaud they were taking

The only time it ever mattered for me was in A3S so people could say which of the four slimes they were going to stun, since the mechanics of the fight made it near impossible to have a pre-defined section of the map to cover.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh man, now I really want abandoned housing to show up in the game like that.

Overgrown lawns
Moogle squatters
Boarded up windows
Surly Sylphs smoking out front

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 14, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

And good to see that house moving will be a mostly painless process, other than needing to place your furniture again (and beating a few dozen / few hundred other people to the click at 3 AM on patch day).

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

SonicRulez posted:

I remember it took me a couple of days and a few different parties to finally get through Lakshmi EX. It sucked so bad that I've only ever bothered with the 1 clear. I want all the primal mounts eventually and her wolf is cooler, but gently caress am I not looking forward to that. Got Lakshmi regular in trial. I took 3 goons with me. The other 4 people in the party all died at least twice, most of the time because they weren't pushing Vril.

Only farm mounts with your buds, it's maddening otherwise.

Lakshmi EX seems like it has more ways for one person to screw your entire party over between placing the giant X-shaped AOEs and the confuse mechanic, while Susano seems fairly straightforward and just requires decent execution. On the other hand, we had a party with three new people in it (self included) last night, and Lakshmi EX went down first time, while Susano took 3 wipes before everyone got the mechanics down well enough to clear.

Of course, I never have to run Susano EX again since I got the mount on that run. :smug:

edit: Also, I finished the MSQ, the level 70 dungeons, Deltascape, and both of those primals as RDM. I've just now been informed that Contre Sixte is a ranged ability and doesn't require Corps-a-Corps'ing or walking into melee range. Which is what I've been doing this whole time. :negative:

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 14, 2017

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Lakshmi EX seems like it has more ways for one person to screw your entire party over between placing the giant X-shaped AOEs and the confuse mechanic, while Susano seems fairly straightforward and just requires decent execution. On the other hand, we had a party with three new people in it (self included) last night, and Lakshmi EX went down first time, while Susano took 3 wipes before everyone got the mechanics down well enough to clear.

Of course, I never have to run Susano EX again since I got the mount on that run. :smug:

You can screw up snakemom's gimmicks and you still won't die.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a kitten posted:

Are any of the FCs going to make the move? Not that I'm not perfectly fine with where the dgkk haus currently is.

TPT is for some stupid reason :(

(it's because our current house is small and I guess they want to give up all the other perfect aspects about it to get a bigger one)

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
The Omega goons in Please Calm Down will be moving I think. We have a cosy little cottage in Lavender Beds right now with a sex dungeon but have enough saved in the FC chest for a large in Shirogane.

I've got my heart set on getting a medium in Shirogane. I was playing the market like crazy for a little while there trying to scrape enough together for it, on the off chance that they dropped the housing in a surprise pre-4.1 patch. I'll be pretty bummed if they all sell instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I fully expect excal houses to begone instantly before you can even make it through the queue when the servers come up at 3am.