Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
It's almost like men are so indoctrinated to believe that you can only have your emotional needs met by a partner that they've done their dangedest to make women think that too.

Of course, as a queer lady, women can have crushes. But if a woman has a crush on you and doesn't think you'll reciprocate, you will never ever ever know. She'll still take a bullet for you because friendship is an actual thing. A man will always eventually confess and no matter how close you were will call you a oval office when you turn him down, and then trash you to everyone he knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

what's with all these recent stories with people snitching to each other's parents

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Japanese wife wants a divorce. I’m an American living in Japan. What do I do?

I’m an American on a spouse visa in Japan. Our relationship was fine until we got married last year. Then she became an angry sexless woman who occasionally hits me and shoves me. She also has a teenage daughter from a previous marriage who is spoiled and my wife enables her.

Her daughter just in 5 days threw a purse at me, ate my mother’s mother's day gift, claiming she didn’t know it was for my mother (which may or may not be true)and then locked me out of the house by using a lock that can only lock from inside. She also claimed she didn’t do it on purpose.

I removed the lock from the door and dropped the issue but then she kept interrupting me when I was talking to my wife. I told her to have some manners and my wife freaked out at me because of this and later found out she secretly recorded me shouting all my complaints to her. She threatened to send it to my parents. I suggested letting a counselor hear it. This made her even more angry and said she wants a divorce. I think she may be embarrassed at the stuff i said she did to me in the recordings. She later screamed at 2am In front of our house that I am a bitch.

She today revealed to me that she called my school to say I am no longer a student and will not renew my cellphone. She also wants to know how much I want for the divorce and that she will get an advisor.

After all of this I’m done with this marriage but I don’t have much money as it is. This marriage and moving to japan cost me a lot.

What should I do?

In short I’m an American married to a Japanese woman and living in japan and my wife wants a divorce. What do I do? Thank you

if everything is as this guys says, poor man that must suck big time

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

How? She already cut contact with the dad. Sue them as well for slander? "Yes son, your mom fucks. You may hear the term "milf" someday. Here's American Pie to explain it. That game is called lacrosse btw."

Hold the school accountable for protecting her child at school, we already noted. This may require going to the principal or PTA or district. So far she has talked generally with the teacher about it “who has been supportive” which as far as I’m concerned is not an actual action.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pick posted:

I thought the guys did that too? It just becomes a mess when a guy tries to join a bunch of women who are traveling, don't do that

It's fine if you're sleeping with one :shrug:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pennsylvania. Arrested for my 2nd DUI, work in healthcare where I require a professional license for my career.

I’ll try to make this as succinct as possible. 3 days ago I was arrested for DUI. This is my second offense due to me being charged 8 years ago with a DUI, though that one was dropped to an ARD. My BAC was of the “highest impairment” level. From what I have gathered with research and talking with a lawyer- I am looking at most likely 90 days house arrest, 18 months loss of drivers license and 18 months probation, and I will be charged with a misdemeanor 1. I have accepted this, but my biggest issue is that I work in healthcare, and I require a professional certification and licensure to maintain my job title. Also, I will always need to pass a background check for applying for a job. I am currently employed. My questions are 1. Am I mandated to tell my current employer? 2. Is there in any way I have any chance of getting the misdemeanor dropped? Any advice or information is greatly appreciated, if I have a criminal record, I will never be able to get a different job, I will be stuck in PA the rest of my life, and when I have to renew my professional license again in 3 years, I could very possible not qualify for renewal and therefore I will lose my current job. Thank you so much in advanced.

My advice is to not loving drive drunk.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bag of Hamsters posted:

It's almost like men are so indoctrinated to believe that you can only have your emotional needs met by a partner that they've done their dangedest to make women think that too.

Of course, as a queer lady, women can have crushes. But if a woman has a crush on you and doesn't think you'll reciprocate, you will never ever ever know. She'll still take a bullet for you because friendship is an actual thing. A man will always eventually confess and no matter how close you were will call you a oval office when you turn him down, and then trash you to everyone he knows.

Yowza that's one hell of a hot take! :discourse:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

My advice is to not loving drive drunk.

My additional advice is not to be a Nurse while loving drunk. Deer lord.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

MasBrillante posted:

Hold the school accountable for protecting her child at school, we already noted. This may require going to the principal or PTA or district. So far she has talked generally with the teacher about it “who has been supportive” which as far as I’m concerned is not an actual action.

She's gonna need to change schools. She's poisoned her relationship with the other parents and poisoned her kids reputation. The other kids will find ways to torment her son for her actions. It's hosed up but the other boy's home has been destroyed and he'll blame her and take it out on her son. The school can punish him and his friends, but from their perspective it'll be worth it to keep loving with him because what can the school do that's worse than making his parents get a divorce and destroying his childhood?

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Pennsylvania. Arrested for my 2nd DUI, work in healthcare where I require a professional license for my career.

I’ll try to make this as succinct as possible. 3 days ago I was arrested for DUI. This is my second offense due to me being charged 8 years ago with a DUI, though that one was dropped to an ARD. My BAC was of the “highest impairment” level. From what I have gathered with research and talking with a lawyer- I am looking at most likely 90 days house arrest, 18 months loss of drivers license and 18 months probation, and I will be charged with a misdemeanor 1. I have accepted this, but my biggest issue is that I work in healthcare, and I require a professional certification and licensure to maintain my job title. Also, I will always need to pass a background check for applying for a job. I am currently employed. My questions are 1. Am I mandated to tell my current employer? 2. Is there in any way I have any chance of getting the misdemeanor dropped? Any advice or information is greatly appreciated, if I have a criminal record, I will never be able to get a different job, I will be stuck in PA the rest of my life, and when I have to renew my professional license again in 3 years, I could very possible not qualify for renewal and therefore I will lose my current job. Thank you so much in advanced.

lmao, not only is this guy required to tell his employer, he'll also have to tell his state licensing board who will require him to submit to rehab and random drug testing for anywhere from 2 to 10 years. this being on top of whatever criminal punishment he receives. time for a career change!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Well obviously, but there's no point in you saying so, we women already know and men will refuse to believe you

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How did this guy not get any jail time? And if you don't tell the employer then the real question is what excuse do you come up with when you don't show up for work for the 90 days you're under house arrest? I think you're hosed bud.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

How? She already cut contact with the dad. Sue them as well for slander? "Yes son, your mom fucks. You may hear the term "milf" someday. Here's American Pie to explain it. That game is called lacrosse btw."
She had lots of options but it's too late for some of them. The other mom declared war but the OP hasn't mustered a single offensive? The other mom didn't need reddit to tell her how to get at "The Other Woman", she figured it out and did it. It's not very hard to make a stranger's life worse on purpose if you try, the OP could make her regret every negative comment her kid makes with a little creativity. Ideally she'd have poisoned the other mom's reputation preemptively so no one believes her when it blows up, but I can forgive first-time naivete.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

untzthatshit posted:

How did this guy not get any jail time? And if you don't tell the employer then the real question is what excuse do you come up with when you don't show up for work for the 90 days you're under house arrest? I think you're hosed bud.

I was under the impression that you can still work and study while on house arrest. If not it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The only thing funnier than men!/women! posts is millenials! posts.

I hope reddit told not so suicide chick to not be a dumbass and tell her family. She's riding a high right now funded by having literally sold everything she owns. When that high ends and she is back home broke as hell she's gonna need a monster support network to pull through and family should absolutely be the cornerstone of that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Women are talking about their experiences *put fingers in ears*la la la la la they're wrong

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

She had lots of options but it's too late for some of them. The other mom declared war but the OP hasn't mustered a single offensive? The other mom didn't need reddit to tell her how to get at "The Other Woman", she figured it out and did it. It's not very hard to make a stranger's life worse on purpose if you try, the OP could make her regret every negative comment her kid makes with a little creativity. Ideally she'd have poisoned the other mom's reputation preemptively so no one believes her when it blows up, but I can forgive first-time naivete.

MasBrillante posted:

Noted but what I'm really hearing is Mean Girls needs a reboot as Mean Parents.

Pick posted:

Well obviously, but there's no point in you saying so, we women already know and men will refuse to believe you

lol men have dogs for their emotional support no women required

untzthatshit
Oct 27, 2007

Snit Snitford

Literally A Person posted:

I was under the impression that you can still work and study while on house arrest. If not it wouldn't be much of a punishment.

You're right, I'm taking "house arrest" too literally.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Pick posted:

Women are talking about their experiences *put fingers in ears*la la la la la they're wrong

Excuse me, pipe down, the men are speaking.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
One of my favorite articles Is the one where the guy is talking about how having a daughter made him realize in an epiphany that women are actually people. The article never mentioned his wife except in passing LOL

I mean just LOL because can you imagine publishing that and having your wife read it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pick posted:

One of my favorite articles Is the one where the guy is talking about how having a daughter made him realize in an epiphany that women are actually people. The article never mentioned his wife except in passing LOL

I mean just LOL because can you imagine publishing that and having your wife read it

Women? People!? :monocle:

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
I'd be wary of telling her parents because they may not be the right support structure for that, BUT absolutely get help after she gets home.

Dogs are awesome for emotional support but sometimes you want someone who can give good advice instead of just licking your ears.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
:thunk:

MasBrillante
Dec 3, 2005

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Noted but what I'm really hearing is Mean Girls needs a reboot as Mean Parents.

Maybe from the other poster but not from me? What is “mean” about being like “school, give these children consequences that will make it clear to their parents that they cannot come to school and make fun of my child”? Sounds ridiculous to me.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Pick posted:

A bangmaid to sire children off of is not at all the same as a man.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Dogs are awesome for emotional support but sometimes you want someone who can give good advice instead of just licking your ears.

What you want is someone who will do both.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

can you all please just calm down

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

can you all please just calm down

Slap her before she gets hysterical and someone go get the smelling salts stat!

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Xenocides posted:

What you want is someone who will do both.

Or enough drugs that your dog can understand you and give you advice.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I really feel like if I had an Epiphany like that I would have the good sense not to tell everybody that I just now realized. This did sort of happened to me when I was around 14 or 15 And somebody kept talking about ghosts but it wasn't Halloween and I quietly pieced together, for the first time in my life, That some people thought that ghosts were a real thing.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My dog gives great advice. Unfortunately that advice is limited to "your cooking smells delicious, you should share"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pick posted:

Perhaps his daughter sprang fully formed from his head, there is some precedent for that

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That was truly a weird one, I actually had to go on a bit of a spree after that and find out what things were fake that people thought were real.

Witches? Some people think those are real
Ghost? Some people think those are real
Vampires? Not even goths actually think that these are real but some people like to pretend
Goblins? Nobody actually believes in goblins
Sasquatch? This is a bit of an interesting one because back then my takeaway was that nobody actually believed in Sasquatch, but I guess some people do believe in Sasquatch now

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Pick posted:

I really feel like if I had an Epiphany like that I would have the good sense not to tell everybody that I just now realized. This did sort of happened to me when I was around 14 or 15 And somebody kept talking about ghosts but it wasn't Halloween and I quietly pieced together, for the first time in my life, That some people thought that ghosts were a real thing.

Yeah, you'd think the thing about having an epiphany that women were people would be knowing not to tell women that you just realized they were people. That act of telling them kinda makes me think you don't yet really understand that women are people.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MasBrillante posted:

Maybe from the other poster but not from me? What is “mean” about being like “school, give these children consequences that will make it clear to their parents that they cannot come to school and make fun of my child”? Sounds ridiculous to me.

The mean part was loving someone else's spouse. HTH.

Also LOL schools typically don't do poo poo even when a kid is getting picked on for little or no reason, or becausethey are slightly different. Even when the kid is getting hit every day. Even if it's because of a disability or learning disorder. The school will 100% not give a gently caress. It sucks, but that kid needs to change schools.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Biohazard posted:

Yeah, you'd think the thing about having an epiphany that women were people would be knowing not to tell women that you just realized they were people. That act of telling them kinda makes me think you don't yet really understand that women are people.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Even the best anti-bullying plans cannot do much more then stop overt physical and outrageous verbal attacks. The kid will still be shunned.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

^^^ especially if mom is hot too

MasBrillante posted:

It's been a while since I've watched mean girls but LL wasn't og mean, there's gotta be plot development.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Pick posted:

That was truly a weird one, I actually had to go on a bit of a spree after that and find out what things were fake that people thought were real.

Witches? Some people think those are real
Ghost? Some people think those are real
Vampires? Not even goths actually think that these are real but some people like to pretend
Goblins? Nobody actually believes in goblins
Sasquatch? This is a bit of an interesting one because back then my takeaway was that nobody actually believed in Sasquatch, but I guess some people do believe in Sasquatch now

Interesting. Please go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if people that believed in ghosts are the majority. Lots of dumb people out there.