Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why can't I just get a random matchmaking partner for Wingman why does Valve hate solo que

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

"why can't I make a single friend?" cryeth the goon

stump collector
May 28, 2007
stop shootin ur teammates and shoot enemies

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

drunken officeparty posted:

Why can't I just get a random matchmaking partner for Wingman why does Valve hate solo que
You can, actually. Just change your settings in the lobby page. My bottom setting is "Friends, GO:ONS Steam Group & Nearby can join" (nearby might not be listed on that line but it works). You can also browse other lobbies in there on the bottom-left.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Was there ever a clear explanation for the Oskar drama that mouz had a while ago? Was it just clashes with Niko? Its weird that he was benched and came back as hard as he has.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Have you seen Niko when mouz was losing a round? That bigheaded Bosnian looked like he got reeeeeeal salty from all the footage I've seen. I

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

why do i play so much better with a galil(a gun i hardly buy) than an ak

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because you have bad aiming habits probably, galil is surprisingly lenient about that

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Started playing a bit for the first time since 2013 and I'm really enjoying it. I've been playing mostly just arms race and demo because I love love love gungame in any form, but I decided to dip my toes in classic CS and it was a hilarious experience. After being consistently top 3 in pretty much every game of arms race and demo, I got my poo poo wrecked in casual, like fiercely. It was embarrassing. Then against what seemed like conventional wisdom, I jumped into competitive match making. I went like 20 and 5 with a super badass match made team where like the top guy had 30 kills and the lowest had 12, and we won in 17 rounds after losing the first pistol round. It felt really good, but I am assuming that is because casual throws you in with randoms of all skill levels, and competitive puts you basically at the bottom of the poo poo heap to start. Is that right or is it more luck of the draw?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

its specifically tap shooting tho, which is what i dont get lol

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Dongicus posted:

its specifically tap shooting tho, which is what i dont get lol

Diqnol posted:

Because you have bad aiming habits probably, galil is surprisingly lenient about that

AK tapping should be tapping heads.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Finally had some time to play the operation and some of these missions are neat like killing specifically blinded enemies or the taser one. Also rialto is really really fun in wingman holy poo poo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Soulex posted:

AK tapping should be tapping heads.

frickin 1v1 me

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

watching the Asian minor is so weird. There are no eco rounds and someone dies with full nades like 10 times a game. It's like watching matchmaking but with less racial slurs and more teamwork

EDIT: 3 CZs, a glass cannon awp, an ump and no grenades is the craziest force I've seen in a while

Followed 2 rounds later by a P-90 with no armor. Asian CS is best CS

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 3, 2017

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Asian minors used to have someone dying with a knife out every 4-5 rounds so at least that has improved

e: or get a kill, get traded while doing a sick quickswitch

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

one of the commentators just said that tyloo is a bully molesting immunity on a playground

even the commentating in asian cs is weird as gently caress

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

also, calling it now, NA teams are going to try like hell to sign BnTeT away from tyloo sooner rather than later

stump collector
May 28, 2007
they shouldn't do that

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

one hell of a map line up for the ESL finals

cache, cbble, overpass, inferno, nuke.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
a bo5 between wobbly teams with your choice of lovely casters, just what I wanted

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Stumbletron posted:

a bo5 between wobbly teams with your choice of lovely casters, just what I wanted

don't forget the wobbly stream quality too.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

"we don't give a flying gently caress"

https://oddshot.tv/s/oV51uL

stump collector
May 28, 2007
casters are alright imo, i can do without anders screaming are you kidding me in every grand finals

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
if screaming bullshit is the issue, how is sadokist alright?

freehenryg

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

don't forget the wobbly stream quality too.

This is no joke. Mine is stopping every 30-45 sec with a stutter.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Youtube gaming poo poo, the russian streams on Twitch are way higher quality :(

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Stumbletron posted:

every team is wobbly right now lol. wait for the major.

I like that North is trying to posture as edgy angsty heels :shobon:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/6fmi5i/users_of_the_biggest_linux_csgo_cheat_got_hit/

So this is great but...

There was no VAC protection on linux? seriously?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
no and yes seriously, it was completely risk free until now lol.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Oh hey aimtux got caught about drat time

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Does the message "Someone in your group was banned for cheating blah blah blah" merely mean a teammate in a game was banned?

This is the first time (that I recall) I have actually seen that message and I'm curious if it was someone I partied with or merely someone I got matched with in MM.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

MF_James posted:

Does the message "Someone in your group was banned for cheating blah blah blah" merely mean a teammate in a game was banned?

This is the first time (that I recall) I have actually seen that message and I'm curious if it was someone I partied with or merely someone I got matched with in MM.

Its anyone in a game that you have played in or have convicted in OW. It basically is a loss forgiven or win taken away when it comes to rank so you could see a major shift up or down depending on how your next game goes.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Kwilty posted:

Its anyone in a game that you have played in or have convicted in OW. It basically is a loss forgiven or win taken away when it comes to rank so you could see a major shift up or down depending on how your next game goes.

Yeah I figured, I didn't know if the verbage changed based on you partying with someone or merely being matched with someone.

I mostly asked because I only party with goons so I was going to out someone for being a cheatingfuck if I could.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
I don't think it affects your rank negatively unless you partied with them, you don't get punished for a rando cheater iirc.

Check your friends list with one of those vac tools, maybe there is a goon cheater.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

I don't think it affects your rank negatively unless you partied with them, you don't get punished for a rando cheater iirc.

Check your friends list with one of those vac tools, maybe there is a goon cheater.

It does. Happened to me, played a game one night, came back a few nights later after the win and I was demoted before even starting a game and it had a box saying someone on my team cheated.

Edit: was not in a party

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clips.twitch.tv/GloriousDeliciousBadgerWholeWheat

gear

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

How much do you have to move your head to see the radar lmao.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyCleverWasabiPoooound

Gear

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
mfw someone calls a NA player a cheater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector