Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Captain Oblivious posted:

No you really do not get it. Those are ARR dps numbers. At level 63~ there is literally no excuse.

Edit: And we're talking like bad DPS even by ARR standards for the most part too.

it's a 5 minute parse with a Mor Dhona npc in the background so I assume it's the last boss only. everyone has lovely parses on that because the boss goes away for so long, but one dps doing twice as much as the other is really bad, and so is that healer dps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

4500 isn't a number you'll ever hit on most classes in a fight with downtime unless we're talking 99th percentile fflogs people

I think if you have like i335-i340 you can hit 4500 with 75th percentile fflogs performance. I can pretty consistently beat 4500 on O3S as a BLM as long as I don't get completely hosed over by Spellblade Holy.

vOv fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 15, 2017

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
I think 4500 is a good number with the caveat "good at your class." Of course if you are still learning it's going to be lower, and as you get better you can go higher.

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
Playing through, getting to the end of the MSQ, really liking it.

I'm playing a WHM though, and I have all the job-specific gear except the robe. I think the gravitas of some of the later cutscenes are lost as I'm not actually wearing anything close to "pants" on my Midland Hyur guy. Soon I'll hit 50 and unlock both Glamour and the robe that'll cover my shame. I think I'mma put off the rest of the MSQ until I do. That way I'll at least look like I fit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's the WHM rite of passage

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

After seeing that cool glamour for valkyrie profile, I decided to shameless copy but do one for PLD, but I changed out the top for the halone pvp top and I think it worked quite well.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD ;_;

What are you using to make it look like that?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO BAD ;_;

Desperado is cooler-looking than Bladedance anyways

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

ModeSix posted:

What are you using to make it look like that?

kagerou is the overlay skin they are using.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Finally figured out how to get crafting levequests. Grabbed a bunch, ran my botanist over to the green circle on the map... and couldn't figure out what to do next. There was nothing to click on. I mean, there were trees, but nothing to activate.

So I ran around to the other levequest targets nearby and saw the same thing. Went online and did some Googling. Looked up a YouTube video.

Finally I re-read the quest and... clicked the Initiate button. :blush:

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Griz posted:

it's a 5 minute parse with a Mor Dhona npc in the background so I assume it's the last boss only. everyone has lovely parses on that because the boss goes away for so long, but one dps doing twice as much as the other is really bad, and so is that healer dps.

And yet I did nearly double the Ninja and I'm hardly a Bard expert. :shrug: But you're right that is just the final boss.

Also 4 Churn phases.

Saint Freak posted:

Desperado is cooler-looking than Bladedance anyways

:agreed:

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Dick Trauma posted:

Sprouts are adorable :allears:

If it makes you feel better, I thought that Contre Sixte, RDM's big AOE nuke, required you to be in melee range until well after I hit 70 on the class. Like, I finished the MSQ, Omega Normal, and both of the current Extreme primals walking up to or jumping on the boss every 60 seconds for no reason whatsoever.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dick Trauma posted:

Make sure to read the journal in general. The descriptions occasionally have golden bits.

Also freaking guildhests, if you ever do them. So many pubbies don't read the instructions and cause many problems.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've been playing since ARR and I still forget to turn on an oath for my pld sometimes. Stupid never truly goes away

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Sprouts are adorable :allears:

If it makes you feel better, I thought that Contre Sixte, RDM's big AOE nuke, required you to be in melee range until well after I hit 70 on the class. Like, I finished the MSQ, Omega Normal, and both of the current Extreme primals walking up to or jumping on the boss every 60 seconds for no reason whatsoever.

45 seconds

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I've been playing for two years and the second inning of the yo kai event made me realize there's an npc that gives you achievement rewards :(

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Brainamp posted:

Make sure to read the journal in general. The descriptions occasionally have golden bits.

Also freaking guildhests, if you ever do them. So many pubbies don't read the instructions and cause many problems.

I did a starter guildheist (Sorry, too much time playing GTA Online) and there was no time to read the info because everyone bum-rushed the baddie and I had to heal heal heal. No idea how to efficiently party heal in this game so I just clicked on things and no one died.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Is it a confession time? It took me several months to realize I can compare prices of MB-sold items by clicking one button in retainer interface instead of walking from retainer and then walking to marketboard to compare prices and then again talking to retainer.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Dwesa posted:

Is it a confession time? It took me several months to realize I can compare prices of MB-sold items by clicking one button in retainer interface instead of walking from retainer and then walking to marketboard to compare prices and then again talking to retainer.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I've been playing for two years and the second inning of the yo kai event made me realize there's an npc that gives you achievement rewards :(

I didn't know either of these things.

My inventory is already full and these achievement awards aren't going to help, are they.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

comingafteryouall posted:

My inventory is already full and these achievement awards aren't going to help, are they.
You can get achievement rewards later from calamity salvager NPC if you decide to get rid of them. And... you know about retainers, right?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I just realized how to unsync dungeons, so I could finally get these Maelstrom quests out of my backlog and not have to legit queue for Aurum loving Vale again :downs:

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Confession: I was halfway through Heavensward before I figured out how to use my chocobo in battle.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I saw someone fighting a mob alongside his chocobo. He was getting whipped so I tried to attack the mob but got an alert that I couldn't since it was part of a duty. The player died and I didn't have res, but I noticed that the chocobo was still fighting. I stood there and repeatedly healed the chocobo until it vanquished the enemy. The dead guy could still talk in /say and he thanked me.

And that's my chocobo story.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I didn't realize you could just leave a dungeon through the duty menu after it's finished instead of navigating to an exit for quite awhile.

To be fair though, it does say like ABANDON DUTY? or something dumb and inaccurate when you do it that way.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Dwesa posted:

You can get achievement rewards later from calamity salvager NPC if you decide to get rid of them. And... you know about retainers, right?

I do know about retainers. I'm towards the end of getting all my crafters up to 50 so my retainers are completely full right now!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

comingafteryouall posted:

Most, if not all of the achievement items can go into the armoire.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

This far into the expansion and I'm only now realizing how you are "suppose" to get your 330-40 weapon before you have Exdeath on grind and basically don't need it.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dick Trauma posted:

I saw someone fighting a mob alongside his chocobo. He was getting whipped so I tried to attack the mob but got an alert that I couldn't since it was part of a duty. The player died and I didn't have res, but I noticed that the chocobo was still fighting. I stood there and repeatedly healed the chocobo until it vanquished the enemy. The dead guy could still talk in /say and he thanked me.

And that's my chocobo story.

Sometimes while I'm waiting on a dungeon queue I'll jump in on a hunt without joining a party. Occasionally the hunt monster will spin around and turbofuck me while leaving my bo alive to keep pecking away.

Never change, chocobro. :3:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

This far into the expansion and I'm only now realizing how you are "suppose" to get your 330-40 weapon before you have Exdeath on grind and basically don't need it.

exdeath is pretty challenging, plenty of groups have cleared o3s and not o4s.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
I decided to go ahead and get Stormblood but I have run into an issue. When I am on the Mog Station and at the screen where it says "Enter Expansion Registration Code" it says the only option for keys is for the Steam version. I don't open Steam to open FFXIV but I guess I am going to have to from now on?

EDIT: Tried to use it on Steam and it was not a valid code. So now the Mog Station and Steam both say it's invalid. I guess it's time to escalate the issue. I'm not even through HW but it is a tad frustrating when something like this happens.

EDIT2: So it was totally my mistake, even though I don't use Steam to open FFXIV my account is originally a Steam account so I screwed up. I'll get it sorted out hopefully by the time I get through the HE content!

King of the Cosmos fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 15, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

vOv posted:

I think if you have like i335-i340 you can hit 4500 with 75th percentile fflogs performance. I can pretty consistently beat 4500 on O3S as a BLM as long as I don't get completely hosed over by Spellblade Holy.

It's fight- and class-specific is my point. My best parses in O1S and O2S are ~80th percentile and they're both south of 4500 as a dragoon (though not by very much). Including it as a baseline to aim for is misleading is all I'm saying.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Dick Trauma posted:

I did a starter guildheist (Sorry, too much time playing GTA Online) and there was no time to read the info because everyone bum-rushed the baddie and I had to heal heal heal. No idea how to efficiently party heal in this game so I just clicked on things and no one died.

The joke about that one is that doing anything that isn't attacking the boss is a waste of time.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The early guildhests are weird because nobody has their important class skills yet so it's just a wild button mash.

Guildhests in general are weird. They're meant to be quick mechanics puzzles but they never quite got off the ground and apparently the games given up on them because they stopped making new ones after ARR

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ainsley McTree posted:

The early guildhests are weird because nobody has their important class skills yet so it's just a wild button mash.

Guildhests in general are weird. They're meant to be quick mechanics puzzles but they never quite got off the ground and apparently the games given up on them because they stopped making new ones after ARR

They're meant to teach you basic mechanics on how to play the game. They give you instructions for how to tank, how to heal, how to deal with adds, holding dps when appropriate, full party tactics, etc. Because they're meant to be teaching lessons they're deliberately not difficult, so they're basically just button mashing fests that give you a tiny bit of exp.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Under the Armor is the only good guildhest.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Under the Armor is the only good guildhest.

Turtle hest is the best (unless you get that rare tank that doesn't read either the instructions or chat and kills the poor gil turtle).

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The best ones are gil turtle and the one where you have to drop all 5 demons simultaneously, because they most successfully fulfill the guildhest promise of being teaching experiences.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

It's fight- and class-specific is my point. My best parses in O1S and O2S are ~80th percentile and they're both south of 4500 as a dragoon (though not by very much). Including it as a baseline to aim for is misleading is all I'm saying.

I thought he was giving dummy parse numbers.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

oh maybe, in that case I'm just disagreeing over nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

alternatively, alte roite parse numbers