Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

root beer posted:

I genuinely believed for a few months after I met my girlfriend that it was an elaborate prank set up by my douchebag cousin/roommate and his friends.

Had that actually been the case, she’d have certainly been taking one for the team, so to speak, just to get one over on me. Of all the people from that time in my life, she’s the only one I still speak to. Because she’s my wife.

On your deathbed the priest reading you the last rites is gonna pull off the fake mustache and you're going to realize its your douchebag roommate. Your wife for life is going to laugh at you and yell KOBE as she shoots the wedding ring into the trash can as they walk out of the hospice facility together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

fishing with the fam posted:

On your deathbed the priest reading you the last rites is gonna pull off the fake mustache and you're going to realize its your douchebag roommate. Your wife for life is going to laugh at you and yell KOBE as she shoots the wedding ring into the trash can as they walk out of the hospice facility together.

The ultimate prank: making sure your bestie lives a long, happy, fulfilling life thanks to a supportive and (seemingly) mutually loving relationship. We pranked you bro! We pranked you so good!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
My chair at home and in my office are the IKEA Markus. Markus supremacy.

johnnyratbastard
Nov 9, 2012

Yeah, funny that my aeron didn’t go back to the office after WFH finished.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Anyone know good affordable ways to fix busted Aeron arms that won't stay in place or the gas cylinder thing? Asking for a coworker

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

mobby_6kl posted:

drat she's really committed to the joke.

I'm starting to suspect she's actually hetero

assuming our protagonist is a dude, otherwise please sexualityswap the the punchline to the original

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Professor Moriarty posted:

Anyone know good affordable ways to fix busted Aeron arms that won't stay in place or the gas cylinder thing? Asking for a coworker

Don't know what you consider affordable, but you can get practically any aereon part as a replacement. They sell most of them on Amazon.

Kiavahr
Oct 17, 2013

Outrageous Lumpwad

Some guys did a nearly shot for shot stealth remake like a year ago, as an animated kids movie. Kept all the racial jokes even, just swapped out people for cats and dogs. I thought I was hallucinating until the Mel Brooks cameo appearance and it clicked

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kiavahr posted:

Some guys did a nearly shot for shot stealth remake like a year ago, as an animated kids movie. Kept all the racial jokes even, just swapped out people for cats and dogs. I thought I was hallucinating until the Mel Brooks cameo appearance and it clicked

Blazing Meowdles?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Kiavahr posted:

You can’t type this and not link to the finished product.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

voiceless anal fricative posted:

The ultimate prank: making sure your bestie lives a long, happy, fulfilling life thanks to a supportive and (seemingly) mutually loving relationship. We pranked you bro! We pranked you so good!

drat homie I got got

This one hits a little close to home because I was laid off last week

I’m not worried though, I’ve had one first-round interview yesterday that went pretty well and I have a few more coming up next week, and by all accounts I am pretty sure I’ll end up ahead wherever I land

root beer has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Mar 2, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Moriarty posted:

Yep you can just order spare parts. There's also a chair thread in SH/SC here, maybe someone there knows a good source: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243&pagenumber=139#lastpost

Also gonna repost the memes there

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

This guy explains the actual reason you really couldn't make Blazing Saddles today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzMFoNZeZm0

I love blazing saddles. Top 5 perfect movie. Just bravura performances and writing.

Christ, the just effortless tone it sets is just :kiss:

It’s just a really good movie.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Animal-Mother posted:

Paws of Fury: The Legend of Hank.

Thanks. :tipshat:

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

zoux posted:

Price gouging is when you don't have a choice of service after a natural disaster, hiking your prices above your competitors in a normal market is called "a bad business decision"

"Normal market" like corps haven't learned this One Weird Trick where if nobody starts a price war they all just make more money and they don't even have to collude to do it

For reference look at the prices of every item across every industry in 2024 going up 25%

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

I think me and my mum are the only two people on the planet who didn't like Blazing Saddles. We just didn't get it. Got bored and switched it off, actually.

Probably because we hadn't watched any of the stuff it was lampooning (at least, I hadn't). I just didn't have any frame of reference for the jokes it was making, so none of them landed.

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
My hottest take is that you could absolutely make Blazing Saddles today if it were primarily made by Black people, and this is not a bad thing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

This is not the Formula 1 thread

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Fish Appreciator posted:

My hottest take is that you could absolutely make Blazing Saddles today if it were primarily made by Black people, and this is not a bad thing.

my warm take that I stumbled into recently is that The Blues Brothers would be a real iffy idea to try to make out of whole cloth now.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Data Graham posted:

my warm take that I stumbled into recently is that The Blues Brothers would be a real iffy idea to try to make out of whole cloth now.

There aren't any malls left for an epic chase scene

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Data Graham posted:

There are still plenty of nazis in Illinois.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lib and let die posted:

There aren't any malls left for an epic chase scene

Conveniently, that mall had closed before filming. It was set-dressed to appear as an operating mall.

These days, you'd just have to clear out the Spirit Halloween first and you could do the same to most malls.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Hyperlynx posted:

I think me and my mum are the only two people on the planet who didn't like Blazing Saddles. We just didn't get it. Got bored and switched it off, actually.

Probably because we hadn't watched any of the stuff it was lampooning (at least, I hadn't). I just didn't have any frame of reference for the jokes it was making, so none of them landed.

Without watching that video I'm going to guess that, right there, is mainly why you couldn't "make Blazing Saddles Today"; Westerns are already a hard sell and a lampoon of modern westerns sounds about as fun as a root canal (see: Armie Hammer's Lone Ranger). Add in studio interference and the reality that most cinema is now being primarily marketed towards a Chinese audience and you have the makings of something that would probably still be a good movie, might have a cult following, but won't put asses in theater seats. I'd think "Idiocracy" in terms of studio support and audience reception. Regardless, Blazing Saddles is very much a product of its time, and if you tried to remake it now it would be a different movie, even if you recreated it shot-for-shot with the same script.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sound:

https://i.imgur.com/IyFRp69.mp4

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TremorX posted:

Without watching that video I'm going to guess that, right there, is mainly why you couldn't "make Blazing Saddles Today"; Westerns are already a hard sell and a lampoon of modern westerns sounds about as fun as a root canal (see: Armie Hammer's Lone Ranger). Add in studio interference and the reality that most cinema is now being primarily marketed towards a Chinese audience and you have the makings of something that would probably still be a good movie, might have a cult following, but won't put asses in theater seats. I'd think "Idiocracy" in terms of studio support and audience reception. Regardless, Blazing Saddles is very much a product of its time, and if you tried to remake it now it would be a different movie, even if you recreated it shot-for-shot with the same script.

You're pretty much dead on yeah.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No point in remaking Blazing Saddles because they’ll never improve upon the song Blazing Saddles

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

cult_hero posted:

Or now you're stuck in the drive thru with other cars blocking you in and have little choice other than to purchase something at a premium.

hop the tiny curb or just drive past the ordering box and turn out of the drive t hrough.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

absolutely not

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This stirred a memory in me. I was at the pub and this guy called Roadie was there and after saying hello he started telling me about how he was only there to have one drink because he had to, well, do roadie work the next day because there was a gig wherever and he was going on the boat on the week-end and he had promised to bring whoever two cases of whatever and so and so forth. Anyway about an hour later I just said (with no malice or anything, just to make conversation) "oh I thought you said you'd only have one?" and he started repeating "I never asked you anything. I never asked you anything. Not a drat thing." with a weird look on his face. So like I said it had been an hour or so so I was already three bottles of Lobo Loco in and kinda lost it and started (quite loudly) telling him how I'd never asked him about how he had a gig at the poo poo Hall in Ballsville and that he had promised to bring Fucko McGoober two cases of Nonce Piss from the boat and all of that poo poo. This went on for maybe two minutes. After I'd lost my steam and piped down, the bartender asked on the PA "3D is it OK if we continue with the bingo now?" and I won a bag of sweets in bingo.

Anyway it was the same guy who was burning the company account books in a forest because his boss asked him to, and when the fire brigade and cops showed up (because of the smoke) and asked him what was going on he told them: "oh I'm burning the company account books."

Thanks for reading have a nice Friday.

I like to think she's just a kindly geography teacher and it was a legitimate request. Like, point to Prague, show me where I asked.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The best chair has always been the markus from ikea. Sorry if you spent 10 times that much on a worse chair but now you know for next time.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I have the costco knockoff aeron which was like $110 and it's very needs suiting

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Ikea came out with an upgraded version of the markus called the jvarfjallet, which has all the same features a fully loaded aeron does, just the arm rests don't swivel inward. Instead you get cool casters that brake when there's no weight on the seat, and release when you sit down.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jehde posted:

Ikea came out with an upgraded version of the markus called the jvarfjallet, which has all the same features a fully loaded aeron does, just the arm rests don't swivel inward. Instead you get cool casters that brake when there's no weight on the seat, and release when you sit down.

What if I need to move the chair without sitting in it

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

put a computer in it

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

You just push down on the seat or arm rests a bit and it releases the casters. It amusingly confuses anyone that tries to move my chair and doesn't know about casters though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jehde posted:

Can the headrest on that thing be lowered or is it totally unusable by the baby-torsoed among us