Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Praxis Prion posted:

You will spend years of your life waiting, every waking moment perched on the precipice of your consciousness, for a moment that never comes. Chasing the dragon, you will find your life savings dwindling as you recklessly spend to reach evermore for that unattainable milestone. You will miss family events, weddings, the birth of your child -- forever adhered to the taunting machinations of the progress you cannot reach. You will die cold and alone, abandoned by all who love you. Clutching your cell phone to your chest, your final breathless words crossing your crackled lips, "just one more level up..."

Also you never get any girlfriend points at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FistEnergy posted:

somebody link the dang .apk

Dont you know how to google?

https://www.google.com/search?q=rush+wars+apk&oq=rush+wars+apk&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.3568j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Whoever makes a Rush Wars "Clan" let me know. Game seems pretty fun.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Salty Goons has a clan going. Look for the radioactive symbol! Let’s attack some gold mines?!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Snowmankilla posted:

Salty Goons has a clan going. Look for the radioactive symbol! Let’s attack some gold mines?!

Applying now as username. Games rad

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

w00tmonger posted:

Applying now as username. Games rad

I love how people are already sitting at 2k+ stars. Supercell sure knows how to target whales.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Here's an afk arena tip: buy powder from the shop with gold. Every day. Never, ever, ever, ever, stop. Your future self will thank you.

Signed, someone who is stuck because he is waiting on powder.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Dragongem posted:

Here's an afk arena tip: buy powder from the shop with gold. Every day. Never, ever, ever, ever, stop. Your future self will thank you.

100% agree. Powder costs ramp up a lot.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Dragongem posted:

I forgot a few days cus I've been between walls :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Dragongem posted:

Well poo poo...

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Can anyone recommend a marble shooter? Would prefer something with a one-time payment.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.

Resdfru posted:

I've been playing AFK arena for a bit, not sure how long, maybe 2 months. I've always been against spending any money on IAP, if a game has a wall and you gotta spend money I just stop playing. Having said that, I've spent over 20 dollars google money in this game (I got both "monthly subs" for daily diamonds, they dont auto renew). Its the only game I've ever spent more than a couple bucks on, but hey I wasn't using it for anything else.

Some tips I've picked up along the way:

-only spend diamonds on 10 pulls. anything else is a waste (imo)

-Shemira is really OP and can carry you through most of the early game. She is available in the labyrinth store

-eventually (after certain levels, don't remember which ones but the top of the guild store says get to level x-x to see new stuff) the guild store will start selling legendary gear, and then later, mythic gear, if you don't need whatever its selling now to progress then save your guild coins.

-if you can afford it, buy the purple dust every day in the normal store. dust is the biggest barrier later on to leveling up your top 5 and you'll be glad to have it. despite this you'll still hit that gate as you go

-the subreddit is very active and has a lot of good info scattered in among all the memes or whatever https://www.reddit.com/r/afkarena

-try not to use ascended level characters (the ones that only come purple) as fodder to ascend someone else. they're rare and you may regret it. Despite that I have sacrificed one I had no intention of ever using (Raine, the gun lady).

I tried a few other games supposedly like this one to see if I could find a side game but they're all so drat ugly or overwhelming right off the bat. This game would be amazing without all the cash grabbing walls but I guess thats mobile gaming.

That dust info was in my tip post I made ages ago. I'll repost since more people are playing these days.

Some updates: I haven't spent any more money, not really worth it cause you get past whatever you're stuck on and then boom you're stuck again. Unless you're a whale.

I've never seen another Raine drop. So to reiterate never feed your ascended tier people to anyone else cause they can be really rare. And I've since learned they are how you raise the level cap of the crystal when you hit the real level cap of 240. I'm not sure how that works exactly but it's a thing.

Also, characters that suck now can become badass later when their badass skill gets unlocked at 161 or 201 or whatever

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Resdfru posted:

Also, characters that suck now can become badass later when their badass skill gets unlocked at 161 or 201 or whatever

afkarena.net has a good tier list that splits it up depending on character level as well.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Any good single player games that aren't idlers or clickers lately? Getting tired of Buriedbornes. Preferably free but whatever really

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Event horizon - frontier is pretty good

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Just had a great labyrinth run on AFK. Sun and moonstones, frontline heroes turn on the backline, enemies lose a chunk of health at the start, when one enemy takes damage all enemies take damage, energy regen raised, health regen raised, attacked by arrows after 15 seconds.

Matches basically start with them unable to act and having their health halved, and by the time they turn round and react Henrik or Tasi stuns everyone, and then they get hit by a barrage of arrows that stun and damage any survivors.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah sometimes you can really steamroll thru those with the right relics. I like one where the grim appears appears to finish off enemies below 15%.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

Sleekly posted:

Yeah sometimes you can really steamroll thru those with the right relics. I like one where the grim appears appears to finish off enemies below 15%.

I'm SO happy to have that every time I run into a high level Brutus, such a massive difference it makes.

Speaking of massive differences, I was at the 160 wall for a long rear end time because I kept getting fodder for different factions. This week it finally got to a head and I suddenly have a Mythic Shemira, Brutus and Belinda :yeshaha:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ZoninSilver posted:

I'm SO happy to have that every time I run into a high level Brutus, such a massive difference it makes.

Speaking of massive differences, I was at the 160 wall for a long rear end time because I kept getting fodder for different factions. This week it finally got to a head and I suddenly have a Mythic Shemira, Brutus and Belinda :yeshaha:

I'm struggling right now to get my resonating crystal past 100 due to being unable to find another loving Brutus. My inventory is filled with upgraded rare fuckers right now just waiting to best-fit jumping a few L's to M's.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nephzinho posted:

I'm struggling right now to get my resonating crystal past 100 due to being unable to find another loving Brutus. My inventory is filled with upgraded rare fuckers right now just waiting to best-fit jumping a few L's to M's.

You could always just reset Brutus and feed that XP and dust to someone who can go past 100. Put together an E+ that you'll eventually feed to Brutus later, get them past 100, and put Brutus in a crystal-boosting slot.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

You could always just reset Brutus and feed that XP and dust to someone who can go past 100. Put together an E+ that you'll eventually feed to Brutus later, get them past 100, and put Brutus in a crystal-boosting slot.

That is what I'm about to do as I have several other characters in a position to pass him. I actualy fed someone to him in the first place because I wanted to level him to cap first because he's a beast.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nephzinho posted:

That is what I'm about to do as I have several other characters in a position to pass him. I actualy fed someone to him in the first place because I wanted to level him to cap first because he's a beast.

Oh yeah, Brutus is a fantastic tank, but most of the Ascended-tier units are hard to come by; my own Brutus is stuck at L with a single E copy sitting just waiting for another copy. As soon as I get another Brutus I can slingshot him all the way to Mythic. :negative:

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Yeah, good advice is absolutely to not be afraid to focus on heroes that can "only" get to legendary+ until you hit that 160+ wall, most factions will have one or two heroes at that tier who can carry pretty well while being relatively easy to get copies of:

Saveas is possibly one of the hardest carries up to 160, since a lot of the best ascended heroes don't get insane till 161+, I can hardly keep track of how many fights he's been the sole survivor of
Vedan is very strong for the Graveborn, one thing I've noticed is that putting him in the middle back row will let him hit both tanks at once with his first multi-thrust, which can be really powerful if he's your hardest carry, other than that his ultimate is really good
Arden's crowd control can clutch some fights super hard and his ultimate does a lot more damage than you might expect, he's also worth focusing on since his CC post 160 is strong enough to be viable in fights where no one can instantly nuke him
Hogan or Mirael are probably your best bet for lightbringers, though I don't have much experience with either

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Android Gaming: gently caress you, this is the Kings Raid AFK Arena thread now.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

CompeAnansi posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Android Gaming: gently caress you, this is the Kings Raid AFK Arena thread now.

Come on now, you got all those posts about Rush Wars and that can only be played with a VPN at the moment.

ZoninSilver posted:

Yeah, good advice is absolutely to not be afraid to focus on heroes that can "only" get to legendary+ until you hit that 160+ wall, most factions will have one or two heroes at that tier who can carry pretty well while being relatively easy to get copies of:

Saveas is possibly one of the hardest carries up to 160, since a lot of the best ascended heroes don't get insane till 161+, I can hardly keep track of how many fights he's been the sole survivor of
Vedan is very strong for the Graveborn, one thing I've noticed is that putting him in the middle back row will let him hit both tanks at once with his first multi-thrust, which can be really powerful if he's your hardest carry, other than that his ultimate is really good
Arden's crowd control can clutch some fights super hard and his ultimate does a lot more damage than you might expect, he's also worth focusing on since his CC post 160 is strong enough to be viable in fights where no one can instantly nuke him
Hogan or Mirael are probably your best bet for lightbringers, though I don't have much experience with either

It's also not a loss to get non ascended tier characters to L+ since you'll need to feed them into your ascended tier characters to raise them to Mythic to push past 160 anyway. Saveas + Khasus is a great 1-160 combo because Khasus gives team life leech which helps Saveas a ton. I think Arden/Saveas/Khasus/whoever carried me really far until my Shemira came online.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

My strategy currently is to just stockpile R+ fodder until I have a best fit path for L to M as my doubles come in. I'm pretty much not going to eat any acended heroes and just wait out the rare fodder upgrades. Likewise I'm sitting on two L+ Belinda's, I'm saving the latter for her M+. Putting my labrynth tokens into Nemora and Shemira.

Hogan, Arden, and Saveas are the only R's I've been upgrading, everyone else is food.

Currently rolling Hogan, Estrilda, Tasi, Belinda, Nemora. Though I have enough flexibility at this point to run a few different 3-2 combos or a 3-1-demon.

e; Going to get a ton of rolls tonight as the sigils give me another 10 pull, i'l be right on the verge of a 10 pull with diamonds, I have 57 legednary shards, and am about to have enough dust to get another 60 legendary shards from the barracks.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 28, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You have enough fodder to take Vedan to E+ to break the 100 wall for the rest of your heroes if need be, assuming you have the dust.

You don't gotta use him, he just has to be level 101. :v:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

You have enough fodder to take Vedan to E+ to break the 100 wall for the rest of your heroes if need be, assuming you have the dust.

You don't gotta use him, he just has to be level 101. :v:

I don't have enough dust to do 3x 101, but if I hit that point and still don't have a better candidate I'll probably do that and just take a day off while the crystal resets.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Its a weird moment in the game when you have been riding Hogan to Leg+ all game, then feed him off get get someone to Mythic. Lvl 200 Hendrik is a beast though.
I do love the fact that the game gives you back all items and xp.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Meydey posted:

Its a weird moment in the game when you have been riding Hogan to Leg+ all game, then feed him off get get someone to Mythic. Lvl 200 Hendrik is a beast though.
I do love the fact that the game gives you back all items and xp.

I've been much more aggressive in item upgrades since realizing they carry over, as well as the fact that they give you plenty of spare gold.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Notfm, why cant I buy these talents?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Who was saying there wasn't enough content for an AFK Arena thread? They were wrong.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Aramoro posted:

Who was saying there wasn't enough content for an AFK Arena thread? They were wrong.

Yeah, can we get this moved to its own a thread?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
That's how you get a game to die. The random afk posts now and then intrigue other players to join vs them not clicking a thread solely devoted ti a game they don't play.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

fyallm posted:

That's how you get a game to die. The random afk posts now and then intrigue other players to join vs them not clicking a thread solely devoted ti a game they don't play.
That's what the forum index is for. The thread is, like, 1/3 AA posts at this point; I think it might be time for a separate thread.

e: I'll admit I missed the second part of that somehow, but still, AFK Arena is consuming this thread and the index exists for a reason.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
To be fair, half the AFK Arena posts are ones complaining about AFK Arena posts.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

fyallm posted:

Random as in just about every post for a few weeks now. It's an AFK game who cares if it lives or dies.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

If you have another topic you would like to discuss, feel free to post about it. :)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

If you have another topic you would like to discuss, feel free to post about it. :)

Last time I posted about Teppen someone suggested it should be moved to its own thread so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kyrosiris posted:

We are - it's about the frequency of AFK Arena posts, haven't you been reading?!

Frankly, it doesn't bother me.. Keeps the threat up on the forums at least. I just wish people were this enthusiastic about it when I was playing it months before everyone else and nobody seemed remotely interested.