Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

The perfect cum rag for a man watching White Dads, White Daughters, BLACK COCKS 14, or perhaps the underrated Officer, Shoot That Negro! He's Balls-Deep In My Daughter! IV

Stop! Or my dad will shoot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ghost emoji posted:

I think that's just the way the SA forums embed tweets.

If the tweet is a reply, then the forums show the tweet they're replying to in the preview.

Since they post all the questions as one long thread, each tweet is replying to another tweet, so they both get displayed in the same box. But they're different tweets.

Thank you that makes sense.

I was just trying to read the replies to the each question.

I’m probably just using twitter wrong anyway.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting to change my habit/ways I've been accustomed to for the past 10 years?

Background story.. my tenants know about my lifestyle, but we never properly discussed anything in the agreements before they moved in.

Long story short, I rented out two rooms to distant friends/acquaintances that are not use to me being up all night.I love gaming throughout the night on most days and lately it's gotten to be too much for them

Looking at this situation objectively myself, the guy who is up at night keeping everybody up is obviously the rear end in a top hat, but diving more into details, I've been like this almost my whole life. I am a complete Night Owl. I work, study, play, eat, and basically do everything at night. My normal schedule looks like this:

Wake up at 1PM Sleep at 5-8 AM

I don't see why I should change my lifestyle to fit their lifestyles. It would be the equivalent of asking them to not make any sound during the day. I know how rear end in a top hat of a sentence this sounds like but I hope Night Owls can relate to me. I don't want to feel like I can't act like myself in my own home.

​To give perspective, I am not loud enough to disturb my neighbors but I am loud enough where you can hear me throughout my house.

​EDIT: I'm not screaming at my computer or raging at the walls, most of my noise is conversational level or the typing of my mechanical keyboard, cooking food, using the bathroom, open and closing doors. Just normal everyday life stuff but in the night

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for unintentionally favoring my female assistants over the men because I feel more comfortable working with women after hours?

I’m a woman, before anyone gets the wrong idea. I’m a consultant and I lead a small team of 3 juniors (2 men, 1 women).

My job is to assign projects to them one on one and supervise/provide help.

Recently I’ve been getting complaints from my male juniors saying that I’ve been giving the better/bigger projects to the one female junior. Honestly I can see where they’re coming from but the only reason why I’ve been giving her the slightly larger projects is because they involve bigger clients and usually require me to work alongside her long into the night.

I have had past experiences with men (esp coworkers) which make working with men, alone, and at night very uncomfortable and anxiety-raising for me. If I assigned these projects to the guys I would surely need to stay with them until 11-12am and I dread that thought to be honest. It’s not that they’re bad people, but I simply don’t feel ok with it.

I’ve been telling my boss that the discrepancy in projects isn’t huge and that my male juniors are picking at things that aren’t there. But I obviously didn’t say what I truly felt. AITA?

This sucks and obviously she’s coming from an understandable place, and also why is anyone working until midnight, but I’m pretty sure she’s admitting to a crime here.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Should I break off my engagement over a "prank"
a disclaimer: I am extremely emotional, and especially furious over this.

I got engaged to my boyfriend of 5 years at the beginning of the year, when we were out of the country. Because we move around a lot we decided we will plan our prewedding trips with friends and some family members when we will be in our homeland, from May onwards, which is now. We decided trips would be a better option than a bachelor/bachelorette and we agreed that we would each surprise the other with planning the trip to somewhere nice.

He is getting an all expenses paid trip to a resort in a town he and his family vacationed when he was younger, and where he spent his favorite spring break vacation in his life with his friends. What did I get?

Well, as I was visiting my sister in a shop she owns with her partner, innocently looking around waiting for her to be done so we can go for lunch, 2 police officers came in and arrested me. I was in full complete shock, they were ignoring my questions, my sisters and her gfs questions, and dragged me out of the store (in front of customers and passerbys) into a van/smaller bus looking vehicle. I really wasn't paying attention to my surroundings until I was put into the van and I heard giggles and everyone screamed "surprise!!!"

Apparently, the officers were strippers, and my fiance thought it would be a funny start to my prewedding trip. In the car were my friends, younger sister, and worst of all, his and my mother. As I was still handcuffed I started screaming at all of them and forced them to let me go, bust out of the car and scream at my sister and her gf (who I now know had NO idea which is just terrible planning but he wanted it to be a genuine reaction from them). Everyone was shocked by my reaction and thought I would take it in good fun. Because being arrested and dragged into a van is great fun.

I called him and didn't hold my composure at all, the biggest argument in the history of the world started and he said he got the idea from the p.s. I love you book because that's one of my favorites and he thought I'd get a kick out of it.

I am embarassed, shaken up, and honestly just so angry at everyone I know. All of this happened on this past friday and I haven't been home since, I've been staying at my older sisters (the one that didn't know anything about it) and dodging calls and questions because everyone says I've overreacted and just need to calm down, but honestly, I'm considering calling everything off. Am I overreacting? I really can't describe how terrified I was in that moment. I am at a loss.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Speaking of people talking about actual crimes, unless those strippers were also off-duty cops what they did was kidnapping and impersonation of an LEO

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Now, I know impersonating an LEO is dangerously close to stolen valor and therefore fake, but you can definitely get for-real arrested for it

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Pirate Radar posted:

Now, I know impersonating an LEO is dangerously close to stolen valor and therefore fake, but you can definitely get for-real arrested for it

When impersonating a Leo squint a lot and try to avoid cruise ships and bears.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Xenocides posted:

He really needs to learn how to fight.

Or stop picking fights.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MightyJoe36 posted:

Or stop picking fights.

Reasonable suggestions only

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kidnaping pranks always work out so well!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

MarcusSA posted:

Kidnaping pranks always work out so well!

If the prank includes physical assault (and holy hell, kidnapping and terrifying people) it's no longer a prank. Just a PSA to all the folks out there who do pranks like "threaten with gun".

I'm interested in knowing if the strippers were informed before this that they did not have a willing participant for this whole handcuffing business. That's a hell of a risk to take if they were. Seems like a pretty bad business model. Anyway, the family needs to communicate a lot because that was overall a series of terrible decisions that could well damage their relationship with OP for a while. I can absolutely understand her second-guessing getting married to this moron.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if it was super obvious to everyone they were fake cops and they were being super camp and obvious about it and she just did not pick up on it.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Ah yes, getting kidnapped by obviously fake cops and put in a random van is LESS scary. Got it.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Well, if the cops are rubbing up against each other licking each other's nipples, it might be too much of a giveaway. Kidnapping it is!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

drat I want an update to gun dad to see if the dad even told his daughter what happened or just said he didn't show up

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
Speaking of real crimes, I want to see an update where gun dad has been charged with brandishing a firearm

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Y'all are assuming the strippers in question were gay

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Power Khan posted:

Ah yes, getting kidnapped by obviously fake cops and put in a random van is LESS scary. Got it.

Oh yeah I missed the part about them ignoring everyone 's questions and dragging her out

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Winter Stormer posted:

Speaking of real crimes, I want to see an update where gun dad has been charged with brandishing a firearm

You're supposed to be "cleaning" your guns right when your daughter's date shows up to make it nice and legal.

I wanna be a boy protecting gun dad. "His dick better be dryer than the Sahara when he gets home, missy."

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Theophany posted:

Is this 'a thing'?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQBENgYJxgs

This guy is governor of Georgia!

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm surprised we haven't yet had a shooting between gun dads. Gun dad 1 goes with his son to make sure he's safe, gun dad 2 answers the door with his shotgun and dad 1 fires in self defense.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like rural gun dad was operating in rich-rear end suburbs where they weren't ready for him.

In the south, I think the expectation is gun dad pulls a gun on you and you laugh and take a picture with him.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

hawowanlawow posted:

drat I want an update to gun dad to see if the dad even told his daughter what happened or just said he didn't show up

ask and ye shall receieve

quote:

All of my friends think i'm an rear end in a top hat because I just left without talking to her and ignored her at the dance, Might have been a completely dickhead thing to do but I just didn't know whatelse to do, her Dad was A chaperone at the dance; Dude was watching me the whole time and I felt like just being around her would just got me shot, I broke up with her at lunch yesterday morning and tried to explain the situation but she kept crying and screaming and making a scene so I just left her alone. I honestly feel bad but I just think it's best to keep my distande until she graduates in a few more weeks. I don't plan on pressing charges because I don't want this to be dragged on and I know if my Dad finds out about this he's gonna freak out, so I'm just going to move on with my life. But hey, atleast now I have a funny story to tell my kids in the future ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
that kid owns, gently caress that crazy dad

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PostNouveau posted:

Sounds like rural gun dad was operating in rich-rear end suburbs where they weren't ready for him.

In the south, I think the expectation is gun dad pulls a gun on you and you laugh and take a picture with him.

in high school i remember one of my classmates who, in the lead up to prom season, kept talking about how whoever was gonna ask her to prom better be brave enough to man up and look her army ranger dad and his thirty aught six square in the face. then in a shock to her and her alone, nobody asked her to prom and she had a big teary meltdown at lunch about it. turns out putting your daddy issues on a big rear end banner and waving them around is socially disapproved

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hughlander posted:

Wanna buy this dude a medal

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It's the same kinda poo poo with some women wanting you to ask her dad for permission before you marry her. Like, uhhh...you are an adult, I'm not asking your dumb dad. He has nothing to do with any of this. Well, see ya.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Hughlander posted:

Kid should have texted his gf or something right after leaving her house. But i do not blame him for breaking up with her because of her dad.

I feel like the dad is the type to take his daughter to purity balls and what not.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

My Sister’s Spectacular Breakup Is Destroying My Wedding

quote:

Dear Prudence,
My sister has never had a romantic relationship that ended well. Most recently I objected to her dating my fiancée’s brother, but she told me it was none of my business. A month before my wedding, they broke up spectacularly. I really don’t care who cheated or who got drunk with whom—I am tired of it spilling over into my life. My brother-in-law has been very quiet and personally apologized to me. My sister got drunk at my bridal shower and picked a fight with my sisters-in-law. My mother and I laid down the law; my sister sulked. She burst into tears and said that we didn’t care about her broken heart. I am ready to tear my hair out. My mom tells me to give my sister “time.” But she only dated him for three months. I have been planning my wedding for three years! We are paying for everything ourselves. My sister and brother-in-law are both in the wedding party. Can I just ban my sister for my peace of mind?
—Bridesmaid Brouhaha

quote:

My instinct is that your brother-in-law got drunk and cheated on your sister, because you sound angry enough with your sister that if she’d done that, you’d have mentioned it as further ammunition in the case against her. That doesn’t mean your frustration with her isn’t justified, just that I wouldn’t give him too much credit for being “quiet” and privately apologizing. If you ban your sister from the wedding party, do you think she’ll still want to attend the wedding? Do you trust that if she did, she’d be able to keep herself from getting drunk and starting a fight? Would you and your fiancée consider asking your brother-in-law (who, let’s not forget, is just as responsible for the “spectacular” end of their relationship) to step back from wedding-party duties? If not, do you think you can talk to your sister about how to best prepare for your wedding day without dredging up every breakup she’s ever had and making it clear that you think she’s the common denominator in all of those bad relationships?

Whichever route you choose, it’s important to stay focused on what your sister thinks is possible for her on the big day: If she can’t be polite but distant to the groomsman who just broke her heart and you’re not willing to ask him to step back, see what she needs in order to keep from relitigating their breakup in public again. Maybe that’ll be permission to leave early or a promise not to drink or talk to his side of the family. Maybe it’ll be something else. If even with the passage of time your sister seems inclined to prioritize her admittedly short-term heartache over a peaceful wedding day, you may have to lay down the law and ask her to either commit to keeping it together or skipping the ceremony entirely.

I wish the bride were less callous towards her sister and tell us the full story of the breakup, so we can accurately partition out the blame

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

Kid should have texted his gf or something right after leaving her house. But i do not blame him for breaking up with her because of her dad.

I feel like the dad is the type to take his daughter to purity balls and what not.

After reading the update the part that gets me the most is that in effect the dad doubled down on it. He was at the prom, he could have apologized or done some damage control but watching the kid after his own daughter probably had a meltdown over it really shows what a piece of poo poo he was. It wasn't a joke to him that went too far, he thought he was in the right.

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for rating a students/employees experience a 2 out of 10?

I go to a beauty school frequently to get my lashes done by the students. I’m a regular there.

The student who is doing my lashes, is asking me questions like

“how do you like your lashes, long or short? Do you like them wispy or longer in the middle?”

I honestly had a long day and I’ve never been asked those questions previously when I came. And tbh she’s suppose to be the professional shouldn’t she know what to do?

I just told her to do what she thought would look good and that I never had anybody ask me all these questions before.

She then asked me if it was okay to take before pictures. I said yes because I didn’t wanna be rude but like I said, I had a long day and I was there for 2 hours already even before she started my lashes because I was getting my nails and toes done. I didn’t want her wasting any more of my time but I felt inclined to say yes and I just feel like as a student who wants to go into the esthetics community you should be able to tell when your client is in a good mood or not.

Well the lashes ended up taking about an hour an a half and I understand students need more time than professionals but my back was starting to hurt so I rushed her. The end result ended up looking good but my overall experience wasn’t very up to standards. She didn’t even take after pictures. If you’re gonna take before pictures don’t make your client feel like crap and not take after pictures.

At the end of a student service you leave a 1-10 rating to let the student know had they did so they can improve. I left a 2 because the lashes looked good but the experience was a 0.

The girl looked at me and raised her eyebrows up as if saying “really?” and the manager looked pretty shocked as well. I told my sister about it and she got the same student before and told me she rated her a 10/10. After I told her about my experience she called me an rear end in a top hat because the girl was a student and everything she was asking was part of good service. To me that is not what good service is, I’m paying a “professional” to do professional work on me, I know nothing about lashes, she does. So why is she asking me questions?

Am I really the rear end in a top hat here? I mean come on. I’m paying for a service? Don’t you expect the person you’re paying to know what to do?

Hahahha what an rear end in a top hat. What is she, a student or a professional? Cause OP seems to understand this is a student, yet expects her to be a professional clairvoyant.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Hughlander posted:

After reading the update the part that gets me the most is that in effect the dad doubled down on it. He was at the prom, he could have apologized or done some damage control but watching the kid after his own daughter probably had a meltdown over it really shows what a piece of poo poo he was. It wasn't a joke to him that went too far, he thought he was in the right.

introducing yourself to the person who is taking your minor child on a date and setting expectations around when they should return is good parenting. this is an excellent opportunity to give the kid twenty bucks or whatever and also get the kid's phone number

trying to establish authority over this kid and setting unreasonable limits on their behavior is understandable but bad parenting. by the time your kid is going on dates, it is a bit too late to try to reign in romantic behavior, and you can only trust that you've done a good job in empowering your child to make good choices. it is fruitless to try to impose this authority on someone else's child

pulling a gun and standing Watch over your child's Virtue is just plain creepy and a terrible dynamic rooted in a lot of toxic ideas, agreed this dude is a piece of poo poo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hughlander posted:

ask and ye shall receive

Wow, 15yo dating a senior -- he's got it going on.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

DemoneeHo posted:

My Sister’s Spectacular Breakup Is Destroying My Wedding

I wish the bride were less callous towards her sister and tell us the full story of the breakup, so we can accurately partition out the blame

Either way their drama shouldn't be spilling over into somebody else's event so I say gently caress the sister.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

duck trucker posted:

Either way their drama shouldn't be spilling over into somebody else's event so I say gently caress the sister.

That tried that, that's what caused this mess

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

duck trucker posted:

gently caress the sister.

This is how the drama started.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

luxury handset posted:

in high school i remember one of my classmates who, in the lead up to prom season, kept talking about how whoever was gonna ask her to prom better be brave enough to man up and look her army ranger dad and his thirty aught six square in the face. then in a shock to her and her alone, nobody asked her to prom and she had a big teary meltdown at lunch about it. turns out putting your daddy issues on a big rear end banner and waving them around is socially disapproved

If you need a gun to show what a badass you are to intimidate your daughter's dates, you aren't much of a badass.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

*pats gun on belt*

Son if I hear anything about my daughter eating rear end you drat well better return the favor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

I don't think walking away like that was unfair to the girl either because she's going to have to learn to establish some boundaries with psycho gun dad if she ever wants to date people who aren't just like him