Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

how the gently caress has keith lee not been cut yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

not cool.... he will tell you. In time.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

yea ok posted:

not cool.... he will tell you. In time.

respect his privacy

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
can I say how refreshing bronson reed's straight forward as gently caress tweet is after half a year of dealing with keith lee

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

And how come Big Zeke ain't got no cuts?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No main roster people were cut this go around

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

give me time my friends. mere moments from now you will get what you desire. but alas, my heart is heavy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There are so many things we have to discuss, your patience is appreciated

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

it's rad that WWE has become AEW's feeder league but it's a shame that they have to retrain the wrestlers physically and mentally to feel like they can use their abilities again without being punished

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
keith lee's story is the duke nukem forever of shoots

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 hours!

Orange Carlisle posted:

it's rad that WWE has become AEW's feeder league but it's a shame that they have to retrain the wrestlers physically and mentally to feel like they can use their abilities again without being punished

It's like the article I read about Hollywood and Broadway exec Scott Rubin, who has recently had a bunch of news about how much of a tyrannical rear end in a top hat he really is. In the article, a person described finally quitting after deciding they couldn't take any more of his temper tantrums, and getting a job at Netflix. Not long after, their manager at NF pulled them in the office and asked them why they were so jumpy all the time, and told them they didn't have to immediately jump and rush around every time management asked them to do something, because it made the NF manager feel like he was dealing with a particularly nervous rescue animal, and they didn't want people to feel like they had to walk on eggshells every time they came to work. The person said that was when they realized that Rubin's way wasn't the way it was everywhere else. I would imagine it's like that for a lot of wrestlers who leave WWE and go to AEW or wherever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

It's like the article I read about Hollywood and Broadway exec Scott Rubin, who has recently had a bunch of news about how much of a tyrannical rear end in a top hat he really is. In the article, a person described finally quitting after deciding they couldn't take any more of his temper tantrums, and getting a job at Netflix. Not long after, their manager at NF pulled them in the office and asked them why they were so jumpy all the time, and told them they didn't have to immediately jump and rush around every time management asked them to do something, because it made the NF manager feel like he was dealing with a particularly nervous rescue animal, and they didn't want people to feel like they had to walk on eggshells every time they came to work. The person said that was when they realized that Rubin's way wasn't the way it was everywhere else. I would imagine it's like that for a lot of wrestlers who leave WWE and go to AEW or wherever.

I think a few AEW wrestlers have outright said that's almost exactly what it's like.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

wwe sending wave after wave of men to tell WALTER hes fired but he keeps chopping everyone that gets near him

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

ASenileAnimal posted:

wwe sending wave after wave of men to tell WALTER hes fired but he keeps chopping everyone that gets near him

God that takeover match is going to be insane. Walter has to lose cause if he wins then its like... I dunno who can beat him, aside from anyone from the main roster since he lost to seth rollins and got pinned in survivor series in like 10 seconds.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pylons posted:

I think a few AEW wrestlers have outright said that's almost exactly what it's like.

Yeah when it first started Mox talked about how half the locker room was basically processing their PTSD together

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Remember when they showed a shot of Britt Baker in the crowd of a Takeover and Triple H and Steph we're profusely apologetic and made a statement that she was shown by accident because they assumed that she would be punished by AEW for it (implying that if it were the other way around they would have DEFINITELY punished Cole if he was visibly in the crowd at AEW)

Britt had said she asked Tony beforehand every time she went to NXT and he basically told her to stop asking him because he didn't care if she's seen there.

Dacap fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 7, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dacap posted:

Remember when they showed a shot of Britt Baker in the crowd of a Takeover and Triple H and Steph we're profusely apologetic and made a statement that she was shown by accident because they assumed that she would be punished by AEW for it (implying that if it were the other way around they would have DEFINITELY punished Cole if he was visibly in the crowd at AEW)

Britt had said she asked Tony beforehand every time she went to NXT and he basically told her to stop asking him because he didn't care if she's seen there.

And Cole had to watch her at All In from the hotel room because they told him he can't go.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Pylons posted:

And Cole had to watch her at All In from the hotel room because they told him he can't go.

:psyduck:

That's just cartoon villainy at this point

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

TV Zombie posted:

How long does sponsorship have to be? How long does one have after being fired before they are screwed? What’s 2.0’s status?

2.0's getting deported and replaced by the Badd Boys

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

I really hope things work out for Bronson. He's got a real chance of being stuck between countries because Australia is extremely hard to get into right now.

NXT Takeover: The Terminal

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

I’ve heard reports he was in the crowd incognito in a hoodie and he just said he was in the hotel room which is somehow even worse that he needed to lie about that

Anyways, looking forward to what he can do on the Main Roster!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

NXT released over a dozen wrestlers Friday in a regular, yet shocking move. Fightful has inquired about the releases to high level WWE officials, of which one spoke on the record, but under the condition of anonymity.

The official noted to us that in 2018, the company entered a "talent stashing" mode with what everyone assumed were honest intentions. Fightful was told that many pitches involved collecting talent, developing Performance Centers worldwide, and supplementing each Performance Center with native and international talent, with some traveling between global territories. Within a year, the source told us, they could see the brakes being pumped on that and talent being "parked," with an enhanced focus goingto launching NXT on USA. Once that happened, the pandemic occurred shortly after, and everything came to a screeching halt.

The official both expressed extreme frustration, coupled with explaining the line of thinking from a corporate aspect. Despite the outward frustration, the "it's business" line of thinking is privately put forth within the company, even to Fightful, by several.

When asking the source who the releases fall on, they noted that "Vince McMahon can personally put a stop to any of these," but the calls are a collaborative effort. The source confirmed that WWE releases are going to be a regular occurance moving forward, but says that they personally expect 2021 to be an outlier with both the frequency and the level of talent. They also stated to their recollection, "mass releases" hadn't been a real discussion or concern within WWE for nearly four years, between the Summer of 2016 and the start of 2020.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Pylons posted:

I don't think he was even watching when she won the title at DoN, apparently he was streaming at the time?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHBhYlkisBQ

And my brain is melting over Dave saying Alex Zayne and Jonah Rock aren't young guys and that was probably a reason they were let go. They're 34 and 32! I know WWE has liked to paint this picture of "old" wrestlers (women especially) being poison, but it's obviously not a case of practicing what they preach. And it's always kind of been the case that a lot of people don't even hit their prime until they're in like their mid-30s if not older in some cases. Just... labeling these guys as being too old is breaking my brain today.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Makes me so cynical. Is this just really what's necessary to be on top? Feels like everyone who "made it", in the sense that they're a billion dollar corporation, is like this. We keep saying it's wrong but all you ever get is rewarded for it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
With the release of Kona Reeves the longest tenured NXT wrestler to never be called up falls to Roderick Strong.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Ganso Bomb posted:

Listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHBhYlkisBQ

And my brain is melting over Dave saying Alex Zayne and Jonah Rock aren't young guys and that was probably a reason they were let go. They're 34 and 32! I know WWE has liked to paint this picture of "old" wrestlers (women especially) being poison, but it's obviously not a case of practicing what they preach. And it's always kind of been the case that a lot of people don't even hit their prime until they're in like their mid-30s if not older in some cases. Just... labeling these guys as being too old is breaking my brain today.

Mercedes is younger than everyone main eventing summerslam and he also said bronson was old when he's 32. Also this whole argument falls apart cause they released people in their 20s. I think Dave just hasnt thought it through.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 7, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lid posted:

With the release of Kona Reeves the longest tenured NXT wrestler to never be called up falls to Roderick Strong.

Everytime I hear a story from barely after nitro went off the air Roderick is in it. Dude is allergic to being on any main roster.

What's he, like 25 years in the wrestling business now?

e: looked it up, 16 years apparently.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 7, 2021

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DEAR RICHARD posted:

respect his privacy

Schrodinger's Lee by respecting his privacy Lee is both signed and not signed with WWE until a future Lee is observed in the ring.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Remember when they fired one of the Highlanders for getting caught on camera in the audience at TNA? Of course you don’t because that would require remembering the Highlanders.

How about Jimmy Jacobs taking a picture with his friends in The Elite?

Trash company.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wonder where Mia Yim has been. If Zelina didn't resign they'd have like 5 women on tv

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Blaise330 posted:

Wonder where Mia Yim has been. If Zelina didn't resign they'd have like 5 women on tv

Respect clap her clap privacy clap

Also did Vince really go down and visit the PC just to decide who to cut? lol weren't reports saying it was a feel-good time or whatever

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

Aaliyah's been there 7 years

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Blaise330 posted:

Everytime I hear a story from barely after nitro went off the air Roderick is in it. Dude is allergic to being on any main roster.

What's he, like 25 years in the wrestling business now?

e: looked it up, 16 years apparently.

Roddy debuted in 2000.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blaise330 posted:

Well I mean they only need four. Two for each brand to wrestle each other ad nauseum, so five would be a luxury really.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Respect clap her clap privacy clap

Also did Vince really go down and visit the PC just to decide who to cut? lol weren't reports saying it was a feel-good time or whatever

he made them do a talent show

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
WWE runs a wrestling themed crossfit gym

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Karma Tornado posted:

he made them do a talent show

MANDATORY talent show lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

MotU posted:

drat ! Why I pick up my Kone !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

If Vince does sell wwe, I hope someone can buy the non wwe tape library separately.