Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Anyone else get a little nauseous after working out? Maybe it's the fact that I mix my powder with milk and just drink it really quickly or something, but I always feel a little queasy for like an hour or two afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Decided to change up my usual rotation, which I was doing largely performatively, with a series of days targeting my weaker areas - namely my back (like, all of it lol), lateral deltoids, and my interior/lower pectorals. I used to crap on bodybuilders and now I'm one of them. Go figure. Tbh researching exercises and watching videos on form has me more stoked to go back every morning/night.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Anyone else get a little nauseous after working out? Maybe it's the fact that I mix my powder with milk and just drink it really quickly or something, but I always feel a little queasy for like an hour or two afterward.
I'm not lactose intolerant but out of nowhere my protein powder started making me sick. I switched from concentrate to isolate and the problem went away.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

I'm not lactose intolerant but out of nowhere my protein powder started making me sick. I switched from concentrate to isolate and the problem went away.

Looks like I'm taking GNC AMP Wheybolic. The GNC in the mall near me was closing so I got it at a big discount.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart
I only ever feel kinda pukey after doing a ton of leg work in the same session

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Deadlifts used to make me really nauseous, then just went away out of nowhere.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

nooneofconsequence posted:

Since I can't squat or do anything overhead I've decided to try and rebuild my bench. Doing 6×3 two or three times a weak, going up linearly because... that's what I felt like doing. Also doing paused reps which I only did as an accessory before. Back up to 225 easily. Benching is fun again.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Which won't be long with that frequency.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
post your favorite cutting snacks

Mine is 1 banana + 1 cup oats, mash together, slap into ~8 cookie shaped objects on a baking sheet, bake for 15 mins @ 350f

If you want to up your weird diet cookie game you can add a splash of vanilla and 2-3 pinches of cinnamon.

The proportions also scale well so for example 1/2 cup with 1/2 a banana works fine and is what I do.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 28, 2020

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

sassassin posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts. Which won't be long with that frequency.

You're saying I should run smolov jr. again?

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Feb 28, 2020

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I'm busting out the slow cooker for next week's meals, looking forward to shredded buffalo chicken

4 chicken breasts
a bottle of franks buffalo sauce
packet of ranch dressing powder

Put on low for 6 hours, shred chicken when done.
bing bong so simple

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Khorne posted:

post your favorite cutting snacks

Mine is a pizza but yours sounds nice too

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I'm currently bulking and I suck at this. I've only gained 2kg over 5 weeks

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Now I'm not going to tell you to bake a boxed cake every night and eat it through out the next day. But I'm not going to tell you to not do it either.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The problem is I have horrific, truly abysmal genetics so if I eat a lot of "bad food" I gain fat instantly, almost at rate that can be classed as having a super power

the super power of gaining fat

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

I made this:

28 oz diced tomatoes
16 oz tomato paste
2 chicken breast
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 yellow onion
1 large green bell pepper
28 oz beans
2 jalapeños
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
2 tablespoon garlic
4 oz cream cheese

Three hours on high or six on low. I'd add more chicken if I had a slightly bigger slow cooker.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Fartbox posted:

The problem is I have horrific, truly abysmal genetics so if I eat a lot of "bad food" I gain fat instantly, almost at rate that can be classed as having a super power

the super power of gaining fat

I weighed 135 when I started 10 years ago. In the first couple of years I got as high as the low 150s and it was all fat. Eventually I got sick of it and went back down to around 140. My choices are fat and weak or scrawny and weak and I'm going with the latter.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

My snacks are all protein shakes and fish oil right now :discourse:

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am doing curls with 12kg dumb bells now

am i strong yet

Cafe Barbarian
Apr 22, 2016

There's one roulade I can't sing
Hello! Over the last year I was losing weight and getting in shape doing conditioning type stuff in my garage. I lost about 100 lbs now and I installed dip bars, so I thought I should learn some things about strength training.

So for the last two weeks I been stuck hanging out with not much to do somewhere. So I started reading and read this thread through. Wow, what a journey- I watched the video links, researched the terms, watched all the bro science videos. Now I feel like I have a grasp of the issues, the personalities, the history, the culture even.

Amazing, so I wanted to thank you all. Good luck with your current efforts!

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Decided to change up my usual rotation, which I was doing largely performatively, with a series of days targeting my weaker areas - namely my back (like, all of it lol), lateral deltoids, and my interior/lower pectorals. I used to crap on bodybuilders and now I'm one of them. Go figure. Tbh researching exercises and watching videos on form has me more stoked to go back every morning/night.

yeah i've taken to doing this as well. when i start to get bored/lose motivation for going to the gym i just look for videos with new exercises or how to use some piece of equipment and then i work it into my rotation of stuff to do. keeps things fresh.

even just things like different ways to do the treadmill. past week i've switched to doing a weakling version of HIIT (like 60 seconds intense, 30-60 seconds rest, for about 15 mins), and it's making the treadmill a lot more appealing to get on and just constantly be alternating between fast and slow. time passes more quickly, i'm not bored and preoccupied with 'is this song right for working out' which is what it was getting like for a few weeks there.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Is there a benefit to consuming protein shortly before your workout?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is there a benefit to consuming protein shortly before your workout?

No more than at any other time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've definitely got coronavirus. I can feel it.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
You should have benched more.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bigger pecs and more shoulder pain would have given me the strength to fight off the virus. Such regret.

I'm well prepared for quarantine. New 5kg bag of whey started just yesterday.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Theoretically how long could someone live on whey protein, super greens, canned chicken/tuna, and canned green beans?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

bomb posted:

Theoretically how long could someone live on whey protein, super greens, canned chicken/tuna, and canned green beans?

Just add two scoops of protein powder to some Soylent (which already has 20g per serving). Easy 60g per "meal".

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Dude just jumped on the bench near me smelling of pure Axe and I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Is that better or worse than smelling like pure rear end?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Batterypowered7 posted:

Just add two scoops of protein powder to some Soylent (which already has 20g per serving). Easy 60g per "meal".

How much of that is lead though

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is that better or worse than smelling like pure rear end?

Worse than normal gym rear end but not as bad as pure rear end. Also he turned out to be a strong boy training for some strongman comp (but with bench?) so I guess it's true don't judge a book by how rancid it smells.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

bomb posted:

There's almost no fat in that list you need some for hormone regulation. Add some nuts and you'd probably be fine.

Well fine is a relative term here you'd live but you'd probably have digestion problems, lack energy and have trouble thinking.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Guyver posted:

There's almost no fat in that list you need some for hormone regulation. Add some nuts and you'd probably be fine.

Well fine is a relative term here you'd live but you'd probably have digestion problems, lack energy and have trouble thinking.

Peanut butter, olive oil, and fish oil maybe?

Metamucil

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What the gently caress is "canned chicken"? What sort of devilry

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Got you fam

https://i.imgur.com/A5ynlZ7.gifv

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Zzulu posted:

It looks like tuna, kind of.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Chunk-Chicken-Breast-5-oz/36267274

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

bomb posted:

Peanut butter, olive oil, and fish oil maybe?

Metamucil

Sure.

Thinking about it this probably the only diet I'd say a multi vitamin would be a good idea. Though I'd wait till you were symptomatic since you are eating green beans and that super greens stuff.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 29, 2020

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Costco sells canned roasted chicken and rotisserie chicken meat prepackaged

Guyver posted:

Sure.

Thinking about it this probably the only diet I'd say a multi vitamin would be a good idea. Though I'd wait till you were symptomatic since you are eating green beans and that super greens stuff.

This is my thinking as well.

bomb fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 29, 2020

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I use canned chicken for quesadillas a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

:chloe: