Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the sneaky play here is marwin, who only needs two more starts at ss (in espn) to gain the position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Abel Wingnut posted:

the sneaky play here is marwin, who only needs two more starts at ss (in espn) to gain the position

Marwin is starting at SS tonight!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Inspector_666 posted:

JD Martinez is heading to AZ, welcome to Dong City.

I'm hard as hell about this

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

Yeah but how is Marwin not already owned?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Inspector_666 posted:

3 team league?

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Re: McCullers, I hadn't realized that he's had 3 meh starts in a row... hope nothing's wrong with him :ohdear:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

trade for him. it's possible the owner doesn't know

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just realized that I grabbed Shaw as an FA in late April after another team in my 12-teamer dropped him.

That's worked out pretty well since I traded Myers a week later.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moncada called up.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

who xloses for chw? swarzak? beck?

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Abel Wingnut posted:

I'd imagine it'd be Swarzak, up to the point where he also gets traded. Then I have no idea.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

Moncada called up.

Nice . Finally . I hope he's good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Abel Wingnut posted:

And in the same vein, Robertson likely won't get many more saves this season.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In case no one has received the memo in the last month, Leake is really really really bad.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I'd imagine it'd be Swarzak, up to the point where he also gets traded. Then I have no idea.

As an update apparently it will be Clippard, so uh maybe look at some other team for your closer

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

clippard is so drat bad. i really don't get managers sometimes

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
The White Sox don't really want to win games this season, so it makes sense from that perspective.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The White Sox aren't gonna have any save opportunities the rest of the year anyway.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
After like 6 weeks of extreme discomfort I think my Judge-for-Machado trade is finally bearing some fruit.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So, who are the best waiver wire pickups of 2017? Alex Wood? Judge, if he went undrafted in your league?

I missed out on Wood everywhere, which pisses me off because I've been a fan since he was with the Braves. Got Judge in a couple leagues though.

Then there's Brad Peacock, who is 6-1 with a 2.9 ERA and 12 K/9 since joining the Astros' rotation.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Dickerson, Peacock, Holland potentially, Simmons I guess if you punted SS, Santana-ish, and Shaw all come to mind

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

The Pussy Boss posted:

So, who are the best waiver wire pickups of 2017? Alex Wood? Judge, if he went undrafted in your league?

I missed out on Wood everywhere, which pisses me off because I've been a fan since he was with the Braves. Got Judge in a couple leagues though.

Then there's Brad Peacock, who is 6-1 with a 2.9 ERA and 12 K/9 since joining the Astros' rotation.

for me:

Judge/Thames/Ozuna/Shaw/Bellinger/Smoak/LoMo/Marwin Gonzalez/Domingo Santana

Wood/Peacock/Holland/Berrios/Knebel

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Judge, Shaw, and Knebel for me. I just missed Bellinger and Wood.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

marwin

nooooooobody drafted him

you guys were in leagues where judge and bellinger and berrios went undrafted?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jul 22, 2017

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
All three went undrafted in HGH and Centaurs because they are not linked to mythological paintings or PEDs.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 22, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
whatcha doin there Max

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

salazar is currently hitting 97/98 with great movement and oh my god if that sticks he's a top 5 starter

e: 99!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I forgot to activate him this morning. I'm a good fantasy owner.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

so Danny Salazar is an ace again? this pleases me.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/castrovince/status/888933924981944320

dude was unreal tonight. watch it if you can and do whatever you can to get him. he didn't even really delve into his breaking stuff that much. he just commanded his fastball really well. top target

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Abel Wingnut posted:

https://twitter.com/castrovince/status/888933924981944320

dude was unreal tonight. watch it if you can and do whatever you can to get him. he didn't even really delve into his breaking stuff that much. he just commanded his fastball really well. top target

he was a free agent in 2 of my leagues. :getin:

goodbye Mike Leake.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Yeah I picked him up on waivers a few weeks ago and stashed him.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I drafted Salazar in all three of my leagues, and I held onto him in all three of my leagues.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

DeepDickPizza posted:

I drafted Salazar in all three of my leagues, and I held onto him in all three of my leagues.

I couldn't start him today because Yahoo took forever to put Polanco on the DL :argh:

At least my opponent is having the most incredible pitching week I've ever seen so it doesn't matter anyway :shobon:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Alex Bregman, despite an incredibly disappointing start, has been heating up lately, and just picked up SS eligibility in Yahoo.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
PSA about the Yahoo rankings: The "total" rankings for pitchers are always hosed up because they don't account for inning count in their rankings. So if a pitcher has 200 IP of 3.00 ERA and 1.00 WHIP, his "total" ranking for those categories will count the same as an RP with those same stats who only pitched 9 innings. So basically all RPs rankings are too high and all SP rankings are too low.

Also in the "pre-season" ranking they adjust for position, but in the "current" ranking they don't. That affects catchers the most. They all appear to be underperforming if you compare pre-season and current. But their real values are more in line with the preseason way of rating.

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 23, 2017

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Alex Bregman, despite an incredibly disappointing start, has been heating up lately, and just picked up SS eligibility in Yahoo.

Yeah Bregman's been added and dropped a bunch in my Yahoo leagues but I had to grab him when he got SS. Should be an upgrade over Villar since he plays every day, at least.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DeepDickPizza posted:

I'm laughing because the ESPN Rotowire summary mentioned he has no upside to offer ...and he's OPS'ing 900 this month.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Devers called up. So long villar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Do I bench McCullers this week?

I sort of have a glut of pitching options with only one 2 starter on my roster:

Nola/Fiers (matched up), Godley, and/or Bundy? I need two.

Normally Bundy would be out of this list but he's handled Texas so far this season.

I'm in 1st (10 team 5x5 H2H) but I had a terrible week and my lead is slim, who's got some sage pitching advice, besides "gently caress pitching"?

Rest of SP: deGrom, Wood, R. Hill

• Locked thread