Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dingleberry2
Jul 23, 2001

I thought someone in the house was saying Elena was a lawyer? Like she told Josh that when she was talking in confusing circles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh just says she argues like a lawyer. She's a radio personality.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I genuinely feel bad for Mark. He's just constantly getting beat down and ganged up on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark and Elena are finally left alone and Elena says "everyone's psychotic" and tells Mark to not let it get to him. Mark's breathing heavy and clearly trying to keep his calm. Elena says worse things happen and they have to deal with it. Elena's trying to walk a line between calling out everyone else but trying to calm Mark down since she's on the block. Mark says Alex and Josh are crazy and Christmas is psychotic. Elena asks how Christmas got involved and he says he "swapped" a pillow from her last night.

Mark: They're so desperate not to be a target they just jump on.
Elena: I hope you win HOH.
Mark: Paul and Alex on the block.

HOH crew debriefing. They ask why Kevin isn't getting involved and Alex says he doesn't want to choose sides. Paul brings up how earlier Kevin tried to defend Mark about the pillows and then gave in and admitted he did it. Kevin's game sinking some more. Jason's trying to defend him but its not working. Alex says she's not having any more private conversations with Mark. Matt says he's terrified of her and Christmas. A lot of that fight was clearly deliberately sparked up to torture Mark but they're also clearly genuinely mad about this stuff and keep complaining about the pillows and beds and food.

Paul: God, I love Josh. And people wanted to keep Ramses?
Christmas: I saw magic in him on Day 2 when he lost his poo poo. I love this crazy kid.

Paul: God I wish he had gotten the two week extension.
Raven: We're going to have no food now.

Matt: Lets just get him and Cody to Jury so they can jerk off each other.

HOH crew discusses that Elena totally said Josh could sleep with her and she didn't want to sleep with Mark. This is true. Elena and Mark sorta played themselves into this weird situation where they're still absurdly claiming they're broken up so when Josh asked she was like "yeah, its awkward sleeping with Mark anyway." Of course they all clearly know its bullshit and are playing her to gently caress with them.

I see Cody! He's alive!
Cody: I actually dig the Have Not room.

Paul and the Singles pointing out how Maven once again are part of the pre and post game but run away during the fight.

Josh: I'm not going down there. I can't look at him. Guys, this house isn't healthy for me.
Christmas: This house isn't healthy for anyone.

Kevin, Alex, and Jason complaining about Maven. Kevin complaining that they cook all the food at once and waste it. Jason says "they run over everybody." Jason complains about them leaving their towels and bathing suits hanging around. Kevin somehow moves this into complaining that people suspect him of working with Cody when Maven were with him in the beginning and talking about Alex having some problem with Paul early on. Alex brushes it off and Kevin pushes that it was the three of them alone at the beginning until Alex won stuff. There's a real struggle here where Alex is fully on the "Kevin is shady" trip, Jason is trying to save him, and Kevin is nervous and keeps pushing it hard in ways that hurts him.

Kevin: I'ma listen to Kendrick Lambert.

Matt is currently wearing a sleeved blue shirt so it wasn't the blue shirt he cut up earlier today. So its possible Matt actually has more than 2 of the exact same shirt and has been changing into a new identical shirt every day. I had never actually considered that.

Josh tells Elena that he doesn't want her to suffer so if Mark's going to be a baby he can sleep with her. Josh is laying it on thick and saying Mark is entitled and he'll have a big bed in jury. Raven says she doesn't think its bed, that its Elena. Josh blames Elena's mother for having such a beautiful daughter. Elena desperately trying to stay out of it saying she doesn't care.

Kevin: Alex's social skills are a little off because she went off on a 300 lb loving gorilla. And the worst part is when he closed the door she laughed.

Alex: Cody, how does it make you feel when people cry in this house? I absolutely detest it and think its a weakness.
Cody: Alex, I don'tc are. I don't care about anybody in this house.
Alex: I mean, in the real world I care but in here? You signed up for this. Stop being a pansy.
Cody: Do you want to tell me a story?
Alex: No, I'm just tired of people crying.
Cody: Let me come up there. You tell me a story.

Cody asks Alex and Jason what the hell happened (seriously, where the hell was he?). Cody, "You might as well tell me. I have nothing else going on." Alex tells him Mark stole Paul/Christmas' pillow last night while they were sleeping and then she found out that he had stripped her bed downstairs so she "wigged out." Alex, "I'm carrying 15lbs of stuff on my back and he was running away from me!" Alex recaps the entire fight and paints Mark as a coward and tool. Cody says it fits with everything else he's done and he and Jess knew what Mark and Elena were about the whole game. Cody says he trusts Mark the least of everyone in the house and he's laid into Mark in the DR. Cody says his "world came crashing down" with the Jillian vote and Mark was the first guy he confronted, Mark said "I have to go with the house", and then was the first person to hug Paul when he won. Alex says Mark hosed them in Week 1 and said he bonded with her and Cody says Mark threw Christmas under the bus before the block. He claims Dom did the same and then left him hanging. "Two loving Judases." Alex does some bitching about Elena wanting to be famous and Jason says no one gets famous on BB. Cody says people who make big moves do and Jason/Alex will never win if they don't do them. Alex says if one them wins he owes them an apology and Cody agrees as long as they apologize if one of them follow him into Jury. Alex talks about returning for OTT and Cody says he's never coming back. Cody says he'd only do another reality show if he could do it with Jessica. Alex asks if he's moving to LA and he says he'll always stay in Texas but he "didn't have much going on in life" so he's going to chill in LA with Jess. He just has to fix his truck and prays its not towed. Cody says he wants to disappear, Alex says there will be signings and stuff, and Cody says he'll see what Jessica says. Cody brings up BB Canada's Ika doing ET interviews and her boyfriend from BB Canada was just hanging around eating fruit baskets. "I want to be that guy."

Alex gets back to milking Cody for info and they talk about the Dom Show incident and Cody says see how defensive and guilty Dom and Mark acted? Alex asks why Cody didn't just put up Ramses Week 1. Cody, "Because I'm not a loving pussy?" Cody rants about how he was shooting a machine gun at him but he had an invisible shield and an army around him. Alex says they knew Paul wasn't going to be in here without some kind of protection. Cody says he couldn't know every twist they have. Cody says if he was a fan he would have wanted to "kick the door down" so he did. Alex says "there's a time and place." Now Cody claiming he "showed his strength" with the safety comp and was hosed then so had to play hard. Alex says she realized she had to show her strength or people would send her home and Cody says he would have sent her home if she hadn't (you nominated her!). Alex says if they had worked together earlier maybe things would have been different. Cody says he guesses he should be flattered the season has been about him. Cody thinks production purposely played noises when he wasn't in the Rose Room to gently caress him. Cody says Josh and Matt were working together in it.

Cody: How the hell is Raven so good at these True/False? I thought she was an airhead.
Alex: I think she's playing us.
Jason: Does she really have that disease?
Alex: Jesus, Jason!

Cody says Raven hated them because she was sleeping with him at the start of the game and then Jessica kicked her out of his bed. Alex says Raven says Cody made a move on her and she turned him down and Cody blows it off and says he was after Jess from the start. Raven bashing. Cody says Matt's dumping Raven after this and going back to his "frat life." Alex says Raven said he siad it was good they didn't get together because she can't have kids. Cody is indignant. Alex asks him not to blow up her game in the house and confront her. Cody, "These people are psychotic!"

Paul, Christmas, and Josh have been sitting in the living room this whole time and Elena comes by and they tell her Cody is in HOH with Alex and Jason. Elena is sketched out and Paul and Josh stoke the paranoia. Christmas saying that Cody only talks to Mark and Elena and only whispers.

Josh: He has one more slipup before I call him the gently caress out.
Elena: One more?!

Josh decides to go to HOH to break it up. They've already stopped talking game and were busy watching everyone congregate in the living room sketched out including Mark and Kevin at teh end. Then they all walk away together when Josh goes up there. This cast has zero guile.

Cody: Alright, well. I'm going to let you guys talk about voting me out.

Cody made me laugh!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SalTheBard posted:

I genuinely feel bad for Mark. He's just constantly getting beat down and ganged up on.

I'm very torn. Mark's a young dude with a ton of insecurities and poo poo and he's getting driven half mad by the game and house. But Mark's also a prick and a bully who treated Josh like poo poo for 3 weeks, threw a drink in his face, nearly swung a pan in his face, gets angry every time a woman talks back to him, flat out said he didn't mind that Josh gets bullied because he doesn't like him, and threatens to beat up Josh constantly.

Like most of the stuff in this house and like Cody, Jess, and Josh before him he brought it on himself but it sometimes gets out of hand. That's kind of how this house works.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josh, Christmas, and Paul ask about what Cody said and Jason and Alex say he's just being fine now and joking about going home. So they rehash Mark and PillowGate. Paul wants to put Mark "in check" when he's unshackled from Christmas. Josh says its early to do that and Alex says "they're trying to pull off a coup!" Josh asks if they should confront him and Paul says he's doing it alone. Alex saying its bullshit that Mark wants to play both sides. They're kind of spinning in weird circles about Mark, Kevin, Cody, and Elena. There's a lot of talk over and "he" said and its really hard to follow this. Paul, Alex, and Christmas all have paranoid streaks, Jason's a scatterbrain, and Josh can be obsessive and stupid about stuff and that's all happening at once. They focus in on Kevin a bit and Jason keeps trying to defend him and say he's just trying to stir stuff up. Paul says "that stuff is lethal" at this stage of the game. They all say that Kevin tells everyone that he's with them to the end but then never does anything because he's letting everyone go after each other. Alex brings up Kevin earlier today saying that Paul and Alex were against each other early in the game. Jason remembers that and it strikes a chord with him. Josh brings up that Kevin was poo poo talking Paul a lot early on. They all bring up the different stories Kevin told last week about the Cody deal (basically he told each other a different combo of people he was protecting) and they all realize he was playing all 5 of them. Paul's gonna put his rear end in check. Jason says he'll poo poo himself. Josh thinks its a bad idea and Kevin will flip on them. Josh, "You know when I want to draw a line with Kevin? Top 7." Jason says he may lie but "his votes don't lie" and Alex gets mad and says he's always talking about hinky votes and he was the votes early on. She says he always lays out what he's going to do as a hypothetical.

Alex: He's playing the fool. He's not stupid. He's not old. He's playing the fool.

This is super messy but the gist is that Alex, Paul, and Christmas are entirely onto Kevin's game, Josh is sorta but worried about the numbers, and Jason is just desperately trying to keep faith that his best friend isn't a snake.

Jason: He literally just told me 10 minutes ago that he hates Cody.
Alex: Oh my God! Jason! I'm going to bash your head into a toilet, you dumb motherfucker! Seriously!
Paul: Dent, on the bed he was telling me about Cody that he's not that bad of a guy. That he's a good kid. That you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Alex: Hold on! Jason... I was the rogue vote. I was the one who did it. There, its out.
Jason: What?!
Alex: See, you believed me! I loving told you! Yes you did! I was on the block you loving motherfucker! You're so loving stupid! You're so loving stupid! You're so stupid! No! No! Goddamnit! I was on the block you motherfuckers! You're so stupid! Listen to me! Listen to me, you motherfuckers! God drat it! Both of you fuckers!
Jason: Alex, I didn't hear what you said.

BB: JASON IS SITTING DOWN! ITS SO EXTREME!
Jason: I'M EXTREME... LY GETTING MY rear end CHEWED!

BB breaks up this latest version if the Idiot Jamboree to unshackle Paul and Christmas.

Paul and Christmas say Jason and Josh are corallable but difficult. Christmas wants to be in on the "checking" of Kevin but Paul clearly doesn't want her there since she doesn't have great control over herself in this situations.

Alex says something to Jason and Josh about how they all trust each other, have gone up as pawns together, etc but Kevin doesn't trust them and that means they can't trust him. Alex says Kevin takes advantage of their trust and compares Kevin to oleander. Jason says he was there when Kevin made the deal with Cody and Josh and Christmas weren't in it. Josh is shocked. Jason says "but he was going after Matt and Raven so it wasn't like he was targeting you." Alex tells Josh he has to trust her and she's been onto every one all season. Josh makes a big confession that he's "seen a few seasons" and knows the game. Jason says he's "navigating the game" pretty good. Then just some general nonsense. Josh still wants to go to F6 with Kevin and Alex says the problem is that if Marlena win a HOH Kevin will flip on them.

Marlena are in the hot tub talking game but no mics and I can't hear any of it. I think Elena was unhappy about Cody in HOH but Cody is out soon after and talk shifts to Jessica.

Paul and Christmas ditch their costumes and its a disaster. Christmas can't get her costume off. Paul falls on his face. Christmas tries to do a sexy stripper dance but she has one leg and its been like 5 minutes. Also she's Christmas so she screams during it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark complaining to Cody about the fight earlier. He laments that Cody made his move so early and Cody rants about how he came into the game looking to spill blood and smear it all over his face. To no real surprise Cody is planning to just separate himself from everyone in the Jury House.

Cody: I mean, I stayed on board, Mark. What happened to you?
Mark: Dude, why'd you have to go after him so soon?
Cody: Why not? Because I'm not a giant pussy. That's why.

Josh telling Paul and Christmas the stuff Alex and Jason found out about Kevin and says he's pissed off. Christmas says he doesn't have to be the perosn who fights with everyone. Paul says to let him take care of it.

Paul and Alex have an AMF meeting. Paul says they can trust Jason, Josh, and Christmas 100% and they can trust Matt and Raven for now because they think its them instead of Josh and Christmas. Paul's boot order is Cody, Mark, Kevin, Matt. Alex seems surprised Kevin so soon. Paul says he's shown he can do something sketchy so he wants to take him out before he can. Paul asks if Alex thinks he should put Kevin in check. Paul says the important part is her making sure Jason doesn't buy into Kevin's lies. Alex thinks Matt should be before Kevin but says it depends on how things play and there's a "cause and effect." Paul says he can get Raven when Matt's gone. Alex says they need Jason or someone to take out Matt so they can keep their hands clean of it. Alex says Cody just wanted to be remembered in the game. Alex is worried that when Christmas gets her boot she might be a bigger threat and "want" to go far. Paul says she won't be able to do the physical comps and her, Jason, and Josh in F5 is the best chance of them winning. The talk about how Christmas is really worried about "being carried" and feeling like a burden to them but she's a "badass" who goes for it in comps and isn't afraid to fight for them in the house. Paul wants Raven to win next week to take out Marlena.

Presented without context.
Christmas: That toilet is a champ because it takes Mark's poop like 5 times a day!

Christmas joins AMF and they both tell her how she deserves to go deep with them and she's gone to bat for them, but Kevin doesn't by the same token.

Paul going off on Mark to Elena, saying that Cody's been gunning for him all season so if Mark's trying to keep Cody than Mark isn't with him. Paul tells Elena that Cody told him Mark knew about the backdoor and Mark lied to him. Elena says she asked him and he said he didn't. Paul says he's done with Mark. Josh is there and playing wingman on the Mark hate. Now Christmas joins. They bring up a lot of the stuff we've all been through. Paul says Mark as a F2 with Cody, "Fact." Christmas says he told her that much.

Elena: So he's been continually lying to me too?
Paul: I guess so. I know he's been lying to me.

Now Paul moving on to Kevin and saying "We have to talk." He says "they" are telling him that Kevin's freaking out about him and throwing his name around. Kevin says he's never thrown Paul's name around and does some damage control. Paul asks if his name was in the deal with Cody. Kevin does a lot of spinning and deflecting. He says he throws Paul's name around a little to deflect. Kevin comments about Paul's food and shoes. Kevin brings up that he made the hinky votes for Paul early on and took the heat for it, Paul says he kept Kevin's secret about the $25K. Kevin asks if Christmas has said anything about him and Paul says no. Paul says none of them have, they've just seem him "down" and "agitated." Kevin wants to talk to Christmas and Paul assures him she and everyone else has his back. Paul warns Kevin to not be sucked in by people's bullshit, especially Cody's. Kevin says he wants to send out Cody unanimously.

Mark asking Jason what Alex's problem is over PillowGate. Jason plays his buddy and says Alex is flipping out and bashes Christmas jumping in. Mark asks if he has to worry if Jason wins HOH. Jason says it might be tough but he'll protect Mark. Mark claims Jason is one of only 2 people he's had the back of all season. Jason hedges his bets that he might have to put him up for the house but he won't backdoor him. Mark asks where he is in the boot order. Jason says he thinks Elena is #1.

Josh and Christmas discussing the new found information that Kevin lied to them about being covered in the Cody deal.

Paul boasts to Alex that he put the scare into Elena about Mark.

Elena and Mark fighting. Elena's in the shower and not miced but she seems to be yelling at him for hanging with Cody and saying she can't cover him there. Mark is frustrated and says its "the wrong day" for this. Elena says it doesn't matter and Mark says he deserves "a little slack."

Alex and Christmas are discussing Kevin's sketchiness. Christmas thanks Alex for her earlier "game acknowledgement." Now they're complaining about Maven helping themselves to the HOH room again. And Cody and Mark leaving dirty dishes. Raven comes down mad at Matt for some nonsense.

Mark wants to talk to Alex but she doesn't want to so she's hiding in her campground when she hears him called to DR.

Elena tells Christmas she's pissed at Mark for huddling with Cody in the hot tub. Christmas says this is what her fight with Mark the other day was about that he's always whispering with Cody. Christmas says if they want to be friends outside the house but this is a game right now. Elena says Cody is being sketchy and campaigning against her but Mark's in a hot tub for an hour? She doesn't know what to trust with Mark and tells nonsense that they've been broken up and she doesn't want to hurt him. Christmas laying it on thick about Mark's shadiness and him hurting Elena's game. Christmas wonders what Mark plans, if he wants to be Cody's new Jessica and saying Jess's game fell apart around Cody. Elena is "not super happy." Elena saying she's finding excuses to leave the room when Cody comes in. Elena says she doesn't hate Cody or has been mean to him but there's stuff she didn't like like him leaving during Christmas' injury announcement. She doesn't get why Cody would be targeting her (he's not, they've just put the fear of it in her). Christmas says Cody has an agenda and everyone wonders how Mark is involved in that. Christmas comments how she's off her pain meds and BB flips away.

Christmas and Paul are working the same 1-2 punch they tried to turn Jessica against Cody. That seemed to be working for awhile but Jessica ended up back with Cody in part because she didn't want to give them what they wanted and preferred to lose on her own terms. Elena's got more of a survival instinct and is less invested in Mark so it might work this time. They were basically planning this for the 2 days they were shackled together and went on it as soon as they were free.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Raven telling Matt and Paul that Elena is crying to create distance between her and Mark/Cody and she's claiming she was asleep during PillowGate. Also she helped Raven cook and clean today which she never does. Paul says as long as she's trying they should reel her in just to be safe. Matt says he's been doing that for weeks. Paul says to be careful that they don't sketch the singles out. Paul says he had a talk with Kevin and its fine now. Jason comes and they discuss the same stuff. Jason tells them about talking to Mark and he was complaining about Alex and he told her he constantly does little stuff like the pillows that pisses her off. Jason talks about how he doesn't get into fights in the house because he doesn't want to lose his cool and go off and how people who posture like Mark and Cody aren't people he's scared of because when they get confronted they "squat to pee."

Matt: Didn't Cody borderline threaten you a few weeks ago?
Jason: Yeah. It was awesome.

Mark joins HOH and Maven leave and catches Jason telling the story of Cody getting in his face about the Ramses vote. Jason says he didn't take it as "hostile" but production must have because they talked to him about it. Mark saying they have to get him out of the house because its so much drama. Jason says he was so cool yesterday and its so weird. Paul says he's a different person. Mark claims Cody's never come to him about any game. Jason asks Mark if Cody has a kid. Mark gets threatening and asks who said that because if Josh ever used that against Cody Cody would snap and Josh would deserve it. Mark says Cody told him a few weeks ago. Mark says the way he "portrays himself" to the house isn't who he is. Paul asks why the hell he acts that way and Mark says its just lovely strategy.

Christmas and Josh debrief on stuff. Nothing new. Christmas asks where Jason is with Mark. Josh says they were locked in together but he's starting to see Mark's bullshit. Christmas is still sketched out about Jason from the Week 1 stuff and Josh advises her not to bring any of that up. Christmas worries that Jason might be getting sick of Alex's verbal abuse. Josh knows Jason's annoyed by him. Christmas says Josh is ok right now despite a few people feeling like that. They discuss their position in the house and think they're ok with Alex/Jason and Maven. They see Paul as their 3rd (as do Maven and Jason/Alex).

Maven come in to HOH to tell them there's a giant rat hiding behind the appliances in the house. Jason is doubtful.

We get some fish in HOH because Raven's complaining about the alleged rat. When we come back to HOH 15 seconds later the topic has shifted to Mark complaining about PillowGate. Paul says he's not going to argue over a pillow. Mark ripping into Christmas now. Paul asks him why he doesn't just walk away and Mark says Alex followed him.

Paul: Question. Where are you sleeping tonight. Because if that blows up again...
Mark: I'm sleeping with Josh. Elena's sleeping with Christmas.
Jason: Oh my gosh.
Paul: He said yes?
Mark: No. I'm getting in the bed with him.

Mark: I don't understand.

Paul asks Mark if Elena is tripping about the block. Mark, "She's tripping on me, but not the block." Paul says Cody's clearly still up to something and going on the block set him back but he'll recover and do something else. Mark says he can't get the votes. Paul says he'll drop another bomb or do something because that's how he and Jessica have played all season. Mark goes back to talking about pillows. He says he has to talk to Alex because "that was more than just pillows."

Elena is back to flirting with Josh and teasing him about sleeping in the same bed with her. Josh telling her that she's beautiful without makeup and her curves are perfect. Kevin says he better have a present for her birthday and he says he does.

Christmas breaks up the HOH talk and her and Jason go to do laundry or something. When she's gone Mark immediately goes in on Christmas and asks Paul if she talks poo poo to him about him or if Paul knows why she hates him. Paul says she's never said anything besides the big fights. Paul says people talk to him but don't tell him everything. He says hes watching his own back and Cody's full of poo poo and trying to turn the house against him. Mark says Paul knows he has him and Elena. Paul says that's hard to believe when Cody's telling people he runs the house. Paul says Cody gunned for him and is just mad that he got him out once, put him and Jessica up again, and then told them they'd get taken out if they used the Hex. He says Cody's just a "pussy" who can't get him out so he's trying to get someone else to do it. Paul says he's been warning Mark for weeks about his association with Cody and when he's gone maybe it will help his game. Josh interrupts.

Josh: So I have something to address with you.
Mark: What, Josh? I can't wait for it.

Josh asks what Mark's deal with Cody is because one minute he says he wants Cody out and the next he's hot tubbing with him. He tells Mark to be a man and pick a side. Josh says Cody is campaigning to get him on the block. Mark says he's never done that to him. Mark says he wasn't with Cody before teh POV Ceremony and Josh says he's been locked in with him since he came back and his actions have proven that. Josh says Mark was salty when Cody got put up. Mark asks if he went to anyone trying to keep Cody off the block. Josh says he doesn't know but they could ask the house. They're arguing over whether or not Mark spends time with Cody. Mark starts yelling and Josh asks him to keep it cool. Mark says he's getting attacked left and right. Cody says he's annoying people by what he does but he's not getting attacked. Josh says the line is drawn between them and Josh would respect it if he'd draw a line too and stop faking it with everyone. Josh asks if he's ever done anything to show loyalty to anyone. Mark says he volunteered to be a pawn for him (eh, "volunteered" is a stretch but partial credit).

Jason comes in (Christmas sent him up). Josh goes to get Cody to clear stuff up. Paul doesn't want to be here and get into it with Cody but Mark doesn't want to be alone with Josh. Paul says if Cody says something about him he's ripping him a new rear end in a top hat.

Matt, Raven, and Christmas are doing the peanut gallery thing watching this unfold.
Christmas: Why does it have to be done behind closed doors? We're all going to talk about it anyway.

Josh tells Cody he wants to know where Mark stands since one minute he's saying that he's good with Josh and wants Cody out and then the next he's hanging with Cody and he's hearing he dropped his name. Cody says he's never mentioned Josh' name as a nom so if anyone tells him that they're lying. Cody doesn't want to go talk because he's going home and his game is over. Cody says he couldn't even get one sympathy vote for Jess so he has no influence in the house. Cody says he doesn't like anyone here and just wants to be left alone. He says he knows what Mark did to him earlier in the game and no one has to tell him about it. Josh says the one thing they can agree on is that Mark's floating is pissing them off. Cody says he's "understandable" that Jessica was the only person loyal to him. Josh goes into that he never had a problem with Jess and Cody say he doesn't want to have that conversation again. Josh saying he'd respect Mark if he'd just stand by Cody. Cody says Josh and Mark need to hash this out together without him. Cody says people will tell stories about even this conversation and put words in Cody's mouth and he's done with it. Josh asks if Cody tried to flip the house this week. Cody avoids the question and says he was getting backdoored from the start.

Paul and Mark grow tired of waiting to go to Cody and Josh. Maven and Christmas join. Josh recaps. He thinks Mark's a floater and wants him to "be a man" and pick a side. Josh calls him "shady as gently caress." Josh says "everyone, including homey (Cody)" are onto his poo poo. Cody says "don't do that" (he did just say he was onto Mark). Cody leaves when Mark starts yelling at Josh and asks him why he's surprised he wants him out when he called him out way back in the hot sauce fight. Mark saying he told him that and its why he voted him out. Josh said he told him the other day he said he was voting with the house (Mark did say that). Jason and Alex join. Elena showed up sometime too.

Cody's in the house calling everyone idiots and that they'll implode on themselves and can't stay on the plan to get him out.

Josh saying Mark came to him after he the Ramses vote and said they wanted to go back to being cool. Mark denying it. Fish for a couple of minutes. We come back Mark's inside saying he can't live with Josh and Alex is jumping in on it. "gently caress this house."

The rest are outside. Paul saying Cody can't stand up to his friends. Josh is yelling at the house that he'll pull out pots and pans and Mark can call security. Production must have separated them again. Josh gets up and starts charging towards the house and fish again. We come back and we can hear Josh yelling somewhere off camera.

Cody: I just want a quiet place.
Jason: That's not this.

Christmas and Elena complaining that Cody is a coward who won't stick up for a friend who sticks up for him or answer questions about the game. They say Jessica did all his dirty work.

Alex: I came around and people are screaming. Which I like.

Mark's in bed. Paul's saying Cody could have vouched for Mark. Mark keeps defending Cody.

We have a brief audio leak with someone introducing themselves to someone. I think Josh is getting another talking to in DR. He didn't seem to do anything out of line this time but I guess its just continued high alert with the hotheads. And I guess he was told not to go at Cody at the start of the week. Bullshit that may have been.

Alex: What happened outside?
Cody: I don't know.
Alex: Why does Josh like you now?
Cody: I have no idea.
Paul: Is the feeling mutual.
Cody: I told him I don't like anyone in the house.

Mark tells Elena that he hopes if she wins HOH they won't talk her into putting him up. She says she's not putting him up and leaves.

Christmas says Cody will talk behind people's backs and have Jessica blow up at people but when it comes to being called out on his poo poo he runs away. Paul says its all lies and he can't keep it safe. Jason thinks he's lying about his kid because Mark said she was 3 and Kevin said she was 5. Alex does something I've never seen a BB player do but always wanted them to do and demand they talk somewhere other than the bathroom because "this is where people poop."

Paul tells Kevin that Mark said Cody's kid is 3. Kevin says he told him he has a 5-year-old named "Basil". This one's probably on Kevin.

Cody's in the backyard talking to Jessica in the cameras and saying he feels crazy. They switch away.

Jason is recapping the fight to Alex. Which is a good time for me to restart and catch up since my feeds are lagging way behind.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mark tells Maven that if Cody's been campaigning against them this week he's had nothing to do with that. You know, we discussed earlier whether to feel bad for Mark or not but a big part of Mark's problems are that in situations like this he's totally lying and playing all sides and is just being called on his poo poo and then lashing out and breaking down when he can't talk his way out of it.

Also it just occurred to me that the bed Mark's camped out in is the same bed him and Josh were fighting over.

Alex complains that BB won't let Josh clash with people and we get fish. So yep, BB broke them up again when Mark and Josh started yelling. Doesn't sound like there was any violence or aggressiveness, just yelling.

Christmas yells a bunch at Josh just to prove that she can and no one is going to stop her. Passive aggressiveness at production.

Josh says the craziest thing is that after 56 days he and Cody agreed on something and shook hands. I missed a handshake. I can't go back because the feeds reset at midnight and they don't archive the last day for awhile.

Production hates this cast.

Alex got another bugle call.
Alex: I went on tv to make hot dogs. My life is sad.

Since BB won't let Josh have it out with Mark and Cody he's regaling Alex with it while she's stuck in her campground. She's gotten really quick setting up the tent and camp. Josh says that when Mark walked away he said "HOH on Thursday, bitch." Alex asked what got Josh in trouble and we get fish. Paul joins and complains about Kevin asking about Have Nots food every day. He says he got Kevin in check and he just passed everything off on Alex and Jason being in power.

Alex: "They're in power." Jason does not make any power decisions at all.
Jason: I kinda do.

Josh chases Jason into tent to piss production off some more.

Josh avoids ANOTHER fight by retrieving his bed stuff from the Rose Room.

Elena's back out of her 3 week funk and in full on social mode tonight, huddled around the campfire with everyone besides Cody, Mark, and Maven.

Alex has to deliver all her hot dogs but Cody's gone missing again. Dude's either doing a lot of DRs today or having a hard time. Or maybe he's found a secret hiding place.

Josh: Delilah was flirting with me today.
Kevin: Who? Elena?
Elena: I think he was saying Delilah was flirting with him.
Kevin: Delilah?
Elena: The swan [inflatable pool toy].
Kevin: Oh, yeah that's his level.

Christmas keeps Alex company while she decamps. They comment that Elena is kissing rear end now. Alex says Mark's irking her bad too. Alex and Christmas bond over their similar demeanors and aggressive natures. Christmas says if she as in her place she would have "shut her down" like she did with Mark the other day. Alex wasn't around for that and Christmas gives her side of it. Alex says Mark didn't tell her Josh was involved or any of the things he was accused of because "why entertain it if its not true". Alex says that she told Mark every time someone asked him to do something like be a pawn or not use the POV he didn't do it so "what's the point of being a team if you don't work for the team?" She says that's why she likes Christmas so much because she goes for the team. Christmas says she's not going to spin any stories or stuff because she knows the details will get out to someone. Alex says she thinks Mark just has never liked Christmas and says Cody said today that Mark threw her name out to get backdoored. Lots of general game talk about Cody that doesn't really matter anymore because his game is dead. Alex thanks Christmas for keeping her company.

Jason tells Paul that Mark said the only person he had was Elena. He says Mark and Elena will keep acting like they're separate but they're not. Paul is nonplussed and says they just have to win.

Elena's back to cuddling with Paul.

Alex: Of course they give me the hot dog punishment when I'm at the top of the stairs.

And now everyone's in bed and I should be too.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I don't know how you do it, STAC. This season is beyond tedious at this point.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Muddy Burphy posted:

I don't know how you do it, STAC. This season is beyond tedious at this point.

No kidding, I half-read these recaps and even that makes me want to die. You're a saint for doing this. You're also a maniac.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
STAC's Recaps > Morty's

It's not close. These are actually entertaining. Keep up the good work and thanks for doing it!

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I think this setting up camp and cooking hot dogs for everyone is one of my favorite punishments ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its pretty great, and it went to the right person. Alex has walked the line between being amusingly salty about it, handling it in good enough spirits to try and make the best of it, and just being capable of doing it without shutting down entirely.

Like, if Elena had won this it would have broke her, if Mark had won it he'd be a mopey baby about it, and if Matt won it he'd just be boring as poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Another fight. Apparently Cody ate all of Alex's cereal.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Its pretty great, and it went to the right person. Alex has walked the line between being amusingly salty about it, handling it in good enough spirits to try and make the best of it, and just being capable of doing it without shutting down entirely.

Like, if Elena had won this it would have broke her, if Mark had won it he'd be a mopey baby about it, and if Matt won it he'd just be boring as poo poo.

I feel like if you wanted to get on Alex's good side, bonding over hotdogs would be a nice way to do that.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
This season would be slightly less tedious if they didn't cut the feeds everytime things get heated and then cut the feeds again when people start talking about things that happened. It defeats the entire purpose of the feeds and the show in general.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

I feel like if you wanted to get on Alex's good side, bonding over hotdogs would be a nice way to do that.

Christmas made a point to stay outside with her while she packed up all her gear last night after everyone else had gone to bed. Alex clearly appreciated it and thanked her and they bonded the whole time.

Others like Jason and Josh have done the same thing and just kept company with her while she was setting up camp, cooking the hot dogs, or taking it down. They were already close with Alex and Christmas was already getting close, but she's definitely gotten closer to Alex this week and that bonding is part of it.

And then on the flipside Mark and Elena were being dicks on the first night of her punishment and just ignoring her entirely.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Aug 15, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We join an Alex/Cody fight in process. Alex saying she's one of the only people being nice to him and he couldn't just save her some of her HOH cereal. Cody saying he wants nothing to do with anyone. Jason saying he was trying to be nice to Cody but he's just being a dick to Alex so now he's just going to flip him off every time he sees him.

Jason: Its SOP. Cody's standard operating procedure. Yesterday was all bullshit. You're just a dickhead.

Jason telling Cody that he thinks he's full of poo poo about saving him Week 1. Alex asks if he was telling the truth about Mark and Dom knowing the backdoor. Cody says he's not talking to anyone and he hates them all and wants nothing do with them. Alex asks if he even has a kid or likes Jessica.

Christmas reveals that she was hiding a box of cereal because Cody eats it all. Sadly its not Alex's brand.

Jason says he appreciates Cody's behavior because now he knows he's full of poo poo and doesn't feel bad about voting him out. Cody says he's never voted to keep him. Alex says she knows the person he's trying to protect and he'll be out next. Cody plays dumb. Christmas asks if he ever had a "ride or die" and Cody says "I didn't turn my back on him." Alex says he started the rumor about Mark and Dom. Cody calls them lunatics.

Christmas: We're lunatics to actually talk together and communicate but whenever anything is brought up you shut down.

Cody saying there's no point and he's leaving. People keep trying to get him to throw Mark under the bus as the person he's trying to protect. Cody saying he couldn't protect himself or Jessica so he can't protect anyone else.

Alex says he lied to her about knowing about the deal Jessica made to target her and Jessica revealed that 5 minutes later. Alex asks if anything wasn't a lie and Cody says everything he's said is a lie.

Kevin tells Cody that he could just go out of the house talking to people and getting them to know who he is, that they may have hated his game but they don't have to hate him. Cody says he doesn't care about anyone. Kevin says he can't live his life like that. He says "I'm sorry" isn't hard to say. Cody says he regrets nothing.

Cody says if everyone wants him to he'll be polite and courteous. Alex says she just wants him to treat people decently and says she's been nice to him the whole game and cooked for him and done things. Christmas says there's no point in reasoning with Cody because he doesn't give a poo poo. Alex says Cody is a genuinely nice guy but he doesn't act that way.

Cody: All I want to do is be left alone.
Christmas: Then you shouldn't have come on Big Brother.

Cody walks away and says he'll be polite and civil. Josh says he just wanted to know if Cody was working with Mark so Mark starts up exasperated. Alex says he has to stand his ground when Cody accuses him of stuff and Mark says he did when Cody threw his name out and people got on him about it. Alex says Cody threw him under the bus about that too and said he was acting guilty.

The audio sucks.

Josh is talking to Cody and they agree not to hate each other and Cody says he's a Christian who doesn't hate people. Josh trying to get Cody to bury Mark and Cody isn't willing.

Alex and Mark are rehashing a lot of the same Cody stuff.

Paul asks Cody if Mark knew about his backdoor and Cody says he mentioned it once. Josh asks if they had an alliance after he came back in the house and Cody lies and says they were just hanging out. Mark trying to defend himself to Paul about knowing and Paul just dismisses it and says "he gets it." Mark asks Josh where he stands and Josh says he's a flip flopper and he can't trust him. Mark asks if anyone else has questions and specifically asks Alex, Jason, and Christmas. Christmas says she's already asked her questions.

Cody bails.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Kind of funny that after Matt became a bit of a meme it's Cody who's hogging all the drat cereal.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Cody is so damned... typical. All this talk about wanting to come in and get blood on his hands and at the first sign of things not going his way he completely shuts down and barely wants to play. It's ridiculous that he makes Josh look like he has more spine.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Christmas made a point to stay outside with her while she packed up all her gear last night after everyone else had gone to bed. Alex clearly appreciated it and thanked her and they bonded the whole time.

Others like Jason and Josh have done the same thing and just kept company with her while she was setting up camp, cooking the hot dogs, or taking it down. They were already close with Alex and Christmas was already getting close, but she's definitely gotten closer to Alex this week and that bonding is part of it.

And then on the flipside Mark and Elena were being dicks on the first night of her punishment and just ignoring her entirely.

It's crazy to me that people would actively not do that when it costs them literally nothing to just hang with Alex but then again it's big brother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul complaining about Cody's behavior and saying all season he and Jessica have been accusing him of stuff and calling him a snake and making him a target. Says Cody's never been anything but selfish even to Jessica.

Jason's super done with Cody and says he wants to "cold shoulder" Cody. Jason saying he let Cody get under his skin but he's done now. He says the fight started when Alex asked if Cody would save some of her cereal for him and he said "gently caress you" and "I'm going to enjoy eating this in front of you."

Paul on a soapbox that this is why he's wanted Cody and Jessica out the entire time because they're selfish and will vote bitterly in Jury. Alex tells Mark that Cody's been telling her that he and Jessica hate him and want nothing to do with him outside the house. A bunch of other people confirm that. Josh says that's why he got heated with him because he's been "down with" Cody this whole time while he's been doing this stuff. Mark still trying to insist he wasn't "down with" Cody and hasn't realized that's a lost battle.

Josh saying again how upset he was when Mark and Elena went with Cody and Jess to get him out and now Elena's mad. Josh says if he wins HOH he's putting Marlena up and if they win and get him out he's ok with that. Josh says that Marlena's actions have shown they're untrustworthy. Elena asks if he was lying during his HOH when he said he believed her during his hOH that she was just lied to the week he was up. Josh says Jody used her and she campaigned against him. Elena denies doing so. Josh calls her "honey" and Elena says that's condescending.

Matt and Raven once again hiding out of view but close enough to listen and laugh.

Josh bringing back up that Elena was trying to get Alex or Paul nominated in her place. Elena really angry and telling him she never did that and he doesn't understand her logic and words. Josh says she tripped out when she was a pawn and Elena denies it. Josh says she was saying Alex and Paul are better competitors so should go up. Elena says he's twisting her words and simply pointed out the flaw in his logic and there were better competitors (which kind of sounds like the same thing).

The two of them are talking over each other a bunch and Elena is screaming at Josh. Elena is doing the thing she does where she uses a ton of words to try and argue semantics and is yelling at Josh to let her finish and listen. Elena going over the pawn situation and being blindsided on the Ramses vote. Alex asking questions and Elena "lawyering" around things to avoid direct answers. Josh starts interjecting again and Elena starts screaming again.

Josh: If you're going to scream...
Elena: I am screaming because you are speaking over me so if you can shut the gently caress up for five seconds I can finish my God damned motherfucking sentence, Josh!

Josh calls Elena a liar and Elena gets very angry about that. More back and forth about the same poo poo. Josh swears on his parents and "hands on the Bible" that he's not twisting her words. Elena says she thinks Josh "doesn't understand that you misunderstood." Josh calls her condescending and rude and that she tries to talk herself out of things. Lots of Josh's "I like you but..." and Elena's condescending "I'm smarter than you" stuff.

Josh: Why are you screaming? I'm having a conversation.
Elena: Because talking to you gives me heartburn!

Josh says he wants Elena out because she's disloyal, condescending, and manipulative. Elena says he's just using big words he doesn't understand. Then she hilariously asks how she's condescending. Josh says he wants everyone to see she's a liar and brings up the lies that she's not still with Mark. Elena again says he's calling her words he doesn't understand.

Elena: I have not lied once!
Josh: Ok, Alex. Your turn.

Elena says its convenient "all of a sudden" to throw her under the bus. She says everyone else lied to her and she never lied. Elena weirdly says Josh was grateful for Elena's friendship the week she was planning to vote him out. I think she's lost her train a little.

Paul admits he lied to Elena about voting out Josh. Elena says multiple people did. More back and forth between Josh and Elena about the pawn thing. Josh says this is "verbatim" the same argument she made in the HOH that week and Elena mocks him for misusing "verbatim."

Jason retreats to the bathroom with Maven adn says he wants to crawl into a hole. Matt says Josh is like a weapon they can just point at people and push a button.

Elena says Christmas told her that Josh she went up because she voted for Josh. Christmas denies saying that. Josh admits part of his reason for putting her up was her vote and says everyone else showed him loyalty which is why he didn't put them up. Elena asks why she lied to her about it then and they just yell at each other a bunch.

Josh: I'm playing this game on loyalty and you have shown disloyalty.
Elena: By voting you out when I was told to.

Josh says she's shown disloyalty to everyone including Jess and Cody. Josh says if the house thinks he's lying adn she's telling the truth that's fine.

Elena screwed up and got Christmas got involved. Christmas asks if Elena said she would split from Mark's game if he won HOH. Elena denies it (she did). Josh says she said "jumped ship" on Mark just last night. Elena says she's repeatedly told him to stay away from Cody and thought he was campaigning against her.

Christmas asks if Elena made a deal with Alex to not give her a punishment in the POV. Elena, "The way that I understand a POV competition..." and everyone laughs and tells her to stop and answer directly. Alex is yelling now and asks Elena if they promised not to curse each other. Elena, "I did, however..." Alex cuts her off and says she went against her word and the team. Alex says she worked with her and told her Dom was throwing her under the bus and got her out, has done her nails, let her used her HOH laundry, etc. Alex asks what kind of car she drives what her job is. We get fish.

I'm way behind by like 30 minutes now so they could all be dead by now.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Josh bringing back up that Elena was trying to get Alex or Paul nominated in her place. Elena really angry and telling him she never did that and he doesn't understand her logic and words. Josh says she tripped out when she was a pawn and Elena denies it. Josh says she was saying Alex and Paul are better competitors so should go up. Elena says he's twisting her words and simply pointed out the flaw in his logic and there were better competitors (which kind of sounds like the same thing).
If someone says they're putting you up as a pawn because you're good at competitions and you point out there are several people better at competitions, what you're doing is exposing that their given reasons for nominating you are suspect. And she's right because Josh was actually targeting her, and she and Mark have long been the back-up targets behind Jody, and she's right because everyone else really did mislead her on the Ramses vote. The sad thing is that if people had told her the vote was on Ramses she's plenty enough of a suck up just like the rest of the house to have willingly done it. Josh is only on the right track when he focuses on Mark and Elena abandoning allies. For all I can tell Elena would very well even have put up Jess and Cody in the immediate aftermath of being played on the Ramses vote off.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

If someone says they're putting you up as a pawn because you're good at competitions and you point out there are several people better at competitions, what you're doing is exposing that their given reasons for nominating you are suspect. And she's right because Josh was actually targeting her, and she and Mark have long been the back-up targets behind Jody, and she's right because everyone else really did mislead her on the Ramses vote. The sad thing is that if people had told her the vote was on Ramses she's plenty enough of a suck up just like the rest of the house to have willingly done it. Josh is only on the right track when he focuses on Mark and Elena abandoning allies. For all I can tell Elena would very well even have put up Jess and Cody in the immediate aftermath of being played on the Ramses vote off.

Elena was never wrong about the reason she was a pawn. But that doesn't mean berating the HOH or throwing people's names out is the right move. And she's lying about throwing people's names out or losing her poo poo with Josh.

That's the problem Mark and Elena keep having. Even when they're right they're so buried in lies, snakey behavior, and flip flops that they can't comfortably argue their way out of it because there's always another thing waiting right around the corner. This is what happens when "snakey" players get exposed by the house. They get called on things from multiple angles and can't defend it because they really have been playing all sides and telling different stories.

If you're going to play that kind of game the worst thing that can happen to you is to piss people off and have them start talking to each other and comparing notes. Mark and Elena keep doing that. Paul is playing the same kind of game but he makes sure to not have conflicts with people until they're already on the outs. Then there's no fear of them hunkering down with people and exposing stuff.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Aug 15, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We're back and Alex says Elena can't keep her word after 2 seconds and its a "basic human being thing." Elena says they see it differently and "agree to disagree." Christmas points out Alex hasn't agreed to that. Alex says she would have kept her word and not punished her. Alex says she's "some kind of person" to tell a lie and go back on it minutes later on TV.

Elena says Alex has been throwing her name around for weeks. Alex denies it and asks Mark to clarify that she told him that she was worried about Mark and Elena was just connected to him. Mark sheepishly confirms. Elena brings up Alex saying "Elena and Mark weren't happy" when Josh won HOH. Josh says they weren't happy. Christmas and others agree. Josh says he saw it and then the first thing she did was pull him aside and ask if she was safe and he said they'll have to talk about it (this is an accurate account to the best of my memory). Elena insists she wasn't worried because she knew Jody were the targets and only pulled her aside to congratulate him in private.

Alex and Mark are having a side argument that's hard to make out. Mark ends up walking off.

Josh saying she's beautiful and he likes her and he'd like to remain friends but their game is done. He says Elena made it personal by saying she was broke and needed to stay in the house to get a platform but she doesn't listen to Josh's problems or Kevin leaving his kids or other people's things. Elena saying he's "escalating" different things. Josh says he only needs one fuckup to break his trust. Elena asks how many fuckups he's had but now he's calling her out in front of everyone. "Rude!" Now they're fighting about whether Elena was happy for Josh winning HOH or not. Elena says its good to know Josh has been "faking it" and walks away.

Paul shifts back to Cody and is glad that everyone saw him for the "piece of poo poo" he is and said he doesn't give a poo poo about anyone.

Josh says Elena keeps telling people that she's trying to tell Mark to stay away from her Elena denies it screaming from halfway across the house and says Josh is just trying to make Mark feel bad. This is the sort of crazy trap Marlena have played themselves into by constantly lying about being separated.

Elena screaming that everyone has lied but not he. She says that Josh lied to "literally everyone" about the Jillian vote (well, only half the people). Josh says Elena's jumped poo poo on everyone. Elena says she jumped ship on Jody in Week 1 and had Christmas' back fully and Josh was the one who went back and forth. Josh saying the people he owed knew he was with them. Elena says Josh's word is only worth something if he thinks someone deserves it. Yelling about who is and isn't a liar.

Josh asks if anyone has heard Elena talking about splitting from Mark. Elena screams that she's not with Mark. Christmas confirms and says that Elena said they were playing different games and if he won HOH she wouldn't be involved in it. Elena now confirms that after denying it earlier. Josh, Christmas, and Alex saying that Mark has always backed Elena but she hasn't backed him.

Alex: Do you think they will give me a replacement box of cereal?

Alex thinks Cody might have pissed her off to try and make himself so hated that he stays. That or make himself a target to protect Elena. Alex things there was some agenda but isn't sure what it was. Paul saying he wouldn't sacrifice himself for Jessica and came up with a plan where he gets safety and Jessica goes on the block. Alex says Jessica didn't think she was a strong enough competitor. They all says she was a great competitor and had a better social game. Paul says he doesn't get it but is glad that Cody showed himself.

Josh declares he's too drained and too exhausted to keep fighting but he's down for civil conversations. Everyone snickers at him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Everyone's just kind of coming down now. Christmas tells Josh to stop talking about how hot Elena is. Paul's going on about Cody. Mark is beaten down and Christmas and Raven give him a hug. Josh and Mark agree to be decent but not play game for like the 100th time. Elena and Cody are talking outside and everyone paying attention to that now.

Kevin, Jason, Christmas, Paul, and Alex re-convening in Have Nots. Mark is apparently crying. Paul says they have to keep them "ping ponging" until HOH. Jason says he wanted to slap the cereal out of Cody's hands. Everyone once again noting that Maven instigate this stuff but then run away from the fight.

Paul telling Mark that Cody won't protect him and throws his name around and asks why he's now talking to Elena. Mark says he hosed up with who he trusted and associated with in this game and he doesn't know. Mark's eating a ton of pickles which is usually a Have Not thing because for some reason they're allowed to eat them. Christmas asks why he's eating them when he's a Have. Mark says he's an emotional eater but he's trying to be healthy. Kevin comes in to lather up with olive oil to go tanning. That seems like a bad idea but I'm a pastey white dude.

Paul, Alex, Jason, and Josh in HOH talking about Maven keeping themselves safe and playing the middle and are only willing to talk when Cody or Marlena are gone. Jason says they should "criss cross" the boot order (split up Maven after splitting Marlena). Paul says they can "break" Elena if Mark is gone and thinks Mark feels comfortable now and thinks Elena is the target so won't want to win. Paul says if they can get Mark out next then put up Elena/Raven and if Elena escapes take the shot at Matt. Jason wants to take out Raven first but Josh says Matt is the better competitor. Paul says Matt has been trhowing stuff. Josh says if they take out Raven Matt will "turn it up." Paul says Raven will feel the need to be attached to a male. Jason is confused and is now arguing they should take out Matt first. Josh still wants Elena out before them. Alex assures him that she exposed herself in that fight. Josh says Alex shouldn't let Elena get to her personally and make her bring up stuff like her job and car. Alex says she wasn't she was just throwing back at her the things she brought up. Elena might have said them during fish? Dunno.

Mark comes to HOH so they shift the topic to CerealGate. Mark keeps trying to argue his innocence in working with Cody. The HOH crew saying that Mark admits his stuff when it comes up but Elena doesn't. Mark saying they have separate games. They bring up BannerGate. Mark desperate to prove his innocence and everyone kind of playing to that.

Paul and Christmas congratulating themselves about more work well done. Paul says he was so excited when Christmas got involved. Christmas says Elena lost control. Raven snarks that it was "nothing" and "cute" and she would have destroyed her. Raven's scary.

According to Paul Cody literally poured the last bowl of cereal in front of Alex after she asked if there was any left and said "gently caress you." So that would explain why Jason of all people is so angry. Alex and Paul could have stoked it up but Jason keeps his cool.

I'm still 30 minutes behind but I'm just skipping past since everyone has calmed down and now its just people bitching and patting themselves on the back.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Jason seems pretty dumb a lot of the time. Paul and Josh actually have really good points about their boot order.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness, Jason's been kicked in the head by a bull.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Haven't watched tonight. Doesn't look like a lot happened after the fights. All the same basic themes. Marlena know they're hosed. People are sketched out by Kevin. The singles are annoyed by Maven's floating and getting more and more amped to take Matt out. Cody continues to dig his escape tunnel in the Have Not Room to get back to Jessica.

One thing I caught was Josh and Paul having a big game talk where Josh reveals that he also knows Kevin took the $25K at the start of the game. Paul admitted he knew as well and said he's waiting to drop that bomb about Kevin when its time to take him out. Josh advised against it since he's a jury vote but Paul pretty much reiterated that he doesn't think about Jury Management.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Well that worked really well for him last time. Cool beans.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Josh advised against it since he's a jury vote but Paul pretty much reiterated that he doesn't think about Jury Management.
Josh is smart to talk Paul away from doing this.
All it will do is expose Paul as not being true to his word because he helped Kevin deflect deflect deflect the accusations that Kevin took the $25K and helped pin it on Ramses every chance he got.

It's not the Ace-In-The-Hole Paul thinks it is at this point. In BB world it's really digging up ancient history.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

STAC Goat posted:

One thing I caught was Josh and Paul having a big game talk where Josh reveals that he also knows Kevin took the $25K at the start of the game. Paul admitted he knew as well and said he's waiting to drop that bomb about Kevin when its time to take him out. Josh advised against it since he's a jury vote but Paul pretty much reiterated that he doesn't think about Jury Management.

Maybe I'm wrong, but unless Paul tried to frame it as something Kevin recently revealed to him wouldn't it just make Paul look bad since he put so much effort in getting the house to think it was Ramses?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Paul's entire game is predicated on everyone being a giant idiot, which works a lot, but is ultimately a very dangerous path to walk. It's been a massive house of cards both times and it can topple at literally any minute. A lot of the big fights get instigated by Paul when something happens that might threaten that. As much as he tries to act like he plays a long game, he's very reactive and will pretty much say anything in the moment to get his way.

Christmas is probably the biggest threat to him in terms of exposing his game, which is why he's not so subtly trying to set up the dominoes for her to fall. And she's doing a fantastic job with Josh, which is ultimately going to lead to Paul's downfall IMO.

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 16, 2017

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

How could Josh know this? Did Kevin tell Josh? Or is Josh just theorizing and Paul is confirming it to get that ball rolling?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 16, 2017

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Christmas is probably the biggest threat to him in terms of exposing his game, which is why he's not so subtly trying to set up the dominoes for her to fall. And she's doing a fantastic job with Josh, which is ultimately going to lead to Paul's downfall IMO.

I'm not sure where this is coming from. He wants her at the end if for no other reason than she probably can't play in the comps.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It's not clear who Paul wants with him at the end, although on paper Josh and Christmas certainly seem to be easier people to beat than Alex and Jason. But Christmas is definitely the cleverest of the bunch who could really explode Paul's game. A lot of people thought that since early on but she showed it a but during Joshs HOH week when she was very carefully working around Paul and trying to weaken him.

I don't think Paul realizes that Christmas and Josh were so clued into his game that week and it's his biggest problem right now. He's setting them up like he's setting everyone up but unless Mark or Elena win HOH it could be awhile. And they're even hinting at taking a direct shot at Paul.

Kevin could be the key for Christmas and Josh if Paul makes his move against him and they can save him and peel him to their side. But Christmas doesn't seem to be thinking that way right now and even though she's getting close to Alex she can't make any progress with Jason.

Fast Luck posted:

How could Josh know this? Did Kevin tell Josh? Or is Josh just theorizing and Paul is confirming it to get that ball rolling?

Josh said that Kevin told him right after the comp happened for some reason. Josh just hasn't mentioned it to anyone until Paul started hinting about it.

Later last night Paul did tell Jason and Alex, so cats out of the bag.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Last night along with telling Alex, Jason, and Josh (that last who said he knew) that Kevin took the $25K and framed Ramses, Paul also told Mark and Elena that "people" have been telling him that Marlena were targeting him. He was pretty heavily hinting at Maven and even though Marlena denied it they know they did tell Maven that. So Paul seems like he's laying all the ground work for post-Cody targets even if Marlena end up safe. He's suspecting a DE and will probably keep pressing this stuff hard so he can just push the DE HOH in whatever direction he wants.

Marlena aren't really buying Paul's "I'm an innocent bystander" act and know he's in the middle of everything, but it remains to be seen if they'd actually take a shot at him or just go the path of least resistance. Mark tends to be kind of flighty and Elena has yet to take a stand unless she was directly threatened.

For the rest of the house its just the same deal where they all know Marlena are entirely full of poo poo and because they've been comparing notes about what they've been saying to each other, see that they clearly have been lying about being broken up, and don't even slightly buy that Cody was gaming with Alex and Jason but not them. But all that means is that Kevin's probably good for at least 1 week because everyone's targeting Marlena. Unless Marlena gently caress up and put Kevin up there next to a target and get Jody'd.

As everyone has said things are tedious. I still blame the Jody Battleback/HOH/Hex lull that just dragged the game into a crawl and let them focus on their next round of targets with Marlena. Now Paul's working on his next next round of targets in Kevin and Maven. So its possible we never actually catch up to a "quicker" game unless someone can shake up Paul's game plan. Paul/Alex noms might do that if Marlena did that, but in this case the DE works against that since they won't have time to play it and for Paul to betray/upset people.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

One good argument you could make if you put Paul up is that you know there is no battleback, so here's your shot to make a name for yourself and eject Paul who is a clear endgame threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like there's a lot of other arguments you could make but that seems like the most simple.

• Locked thread