Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've only played the first one but it's dope as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ive only just started 4 but it seems like it's basically 1 with a new unit. So if you're gonna try the series out 1 is probably cheaper and you'll find out whether or not you like it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've only played the first one but it's dope as hell

Also yeah, 4 is incremental but not in a bad way...VC1 is awesome and 4 seems like it's also gonna be sick.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
im a basic bitch Edy fan

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The S stands for Sugiyama Here, Manchuria Is Rightfully Part Of Japan

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is FE Warriors any good? I like musou games but don't know anything about Fire Emblem.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's not as good as hyrule warriors, has way fewer movesets and feels a lot more perfunctory. it's mostly just a FE awakening/fates fanservice game.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The S stands for Sugiyama Here, Manchuria Is Rightfully Part Of Japan

Lol

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
i think fe warriors is better than hyrule. the movesets aren't as unique but they're almost all significantly more fun to play than like 60% of the hyrule warriors cast. the ai is actually competent and i like ordering your guys around to take bases and defend or move into position for you to switch into them. also it has a 720p/60 fps option which makes it run better than any other warriors game on the system as far as i'm aware

Raserys fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 24, 2018

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is FE Warriors any good? I like musou games but don't know anything about Fire Emblem.

i liked it more than hyrule warriors. the maps are more complex and its not quite as mind numbingly easy. and there's still more game than a normal person could ever realistically complete

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Also Fire Emblem Warriors has a couple of quality of life improvements that didn't make it into Hyrule Warriors somehow.

Hyrule has more variety but Fire Emblem probably has slightly better mechanics.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Raserys posted:

i think fe warriors is better than hyrule. the movesets aren't as unique but they're almost all significantly more fun to play than like 60% of the hyrule warriors cast. the ai is actually competent and i like ordering your guys around to take bases and defend or move into position for you to switch into them. also it has a 720p/60 fps option which makes it run better than any other warriors game on the system as far as i'm aware

Did you play Wii U hyrule warriors? Cause the switch version lets you order guys around and is a million times better.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My wife and girls gave me a Switvh for Christmas with Smash Bros. I am super pumped to get into the system so I have been reading about everything. I had a few questions:

1)Is Nintendo Online worth it? I bought a NES classic in September so I do not know if the classic games will be worth it. Does online play do well (my WiFi internet usually does at least 30mbps down and 15 up).

2) what digital Indy games are recommended? I am probably going to do more digital downloads (yeah, I need to buy an sd card) than physical games but I always feel like I need recommendations for the games before I buy them.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Only get Switch Online if you want to play online, the NES games aren't worth it. Big Indies I rec are Celeste, Hollow Knight, Monster Boy, Yoku’s Island Express

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

My wife and girls gave me a Switvh for Christmas with Smash Bros. I am super pumped to get into the system so I have been reading about everything. I had a few questions:

1)Is Nintendo Online worth it? I bought a NES classic in September so I do not know if the classic games will be worth it. Does online play do well (my WiFi internet usually does at least 30mbps down and 15 up).

2) what digital Indy games are recommended? I am probably going to do more digital downloads (yeah, I need to buy an sd card) than physical games but I always feel like I need recommendations for the games before I buy them.
You're going to see Dead Cells high up in the download list. Don't buy it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're going to see Dead Cells high up in the download list. Don't buy it.

Did you not like it? I think it's pretty good. The really really fast pace and ramp-up reminds me of Nuclear Throne a little

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh or does the Switch version still run badly ?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

an actual dog posted:

Only get Switch Online if you want to play online, the NES games aren't worth it. Big Indies I rec are Celeste, Hollow Knight, Monster Boy, Yoku’s Island Express

Hollow Knight and Yoku’s Island Express are both on sale on the eShop for $10 right now btw.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Oh or does the Switch version still run badly ?

It's a indie pixel roguelike with Dark Souls Ian influence,

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

It's a indie pixel roguelike with Dark Souls Ian influence,

Ok, so, you just listed the reasons why it’s awesome.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the best indie pixel roguelite is still Risk of Rain but dead cells is pretty cool too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

Did you not like it? I think it's pretty good. The really really fast pace and ramp-up reminds me of Nuclear Throne a little

that game starts out fun when you just rip through everything but enemies get annoying and tanky in later levels and it kind of falls apart..it making a bunch of goty lists is insanity to me.

also yeah, get online if youre gonna play smash spla2oon etc., the nes games are whatever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the combat in dead cells is good but the metroidvania elements are pointless, the levels are trash because they're procgen, and persistently upgrading your weapons is lovely. it was fine when i got it for 7 bux in early access but 30 dollars for it is absurd esp when you can get hallow knight, shovel knight, celeste, stardew, shantae, hell even isaac for less even when they aren't on sale

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The boss fights are the only thing I think is really bad about dead cells . Combat with regular enemies is great and so are all the different weapons, the levels are boring but fine since they're just there for you to speed through killing stuff.. I didn't know it was $30 though lol. Get Hollow Knight for $10 , that's an insanely good price

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite part of SotN is all the procgen hallways

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

The boss fights are the only thing I think is really bad about dead cells . Combat with regular enemies is great and so are all the different weapons, the levels are boring but fine since they're just there for you to speed through killing stuff.. I didn't know it was $30 though lol. Get Hollow Knight for $10 , that's an insanely good price

when it released it was 15 bucks and I was under the impression it'd be a little 4~8 hour Castletroid and turns out its a gigantic game, and also fantastic.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my $20 or less eshop rec list is uh

Celeste
Stardew Valley
Steamworld Dig 2
Yoku's Island Express
Lumines Remastered
Fast RMX
Valkyria Chronicles
Gris

probably a few other things im forgetting because i played them on pc and ignored the switch version or whatever. i don't really like the roguelikes or hollow knight but most ppl do

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best Nindie is Mighty Gunvolt Burst

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

The best Nindie is Mighty Gunvolt Burst

this but also instead: Spelunker Party

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

toki tori 2+ is on switch and its also great one of the best puzzle games evar. Evar.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

How is Into the Breach? It looks pretty cool

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Into the Breach is extremely good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mysterious loyall X posted:

toki tori 2+ is on switch and its also great one of the best puzzle games evar. Evar.

yeah!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

I love it but it's very hard, and Im a genius who beat Fez and The Witness

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

My favorite part of SotN is all the procgen hallways

It's not a 'vania at all, you just speedrun through levels killing things. But I will let it rest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You should check out Fortnite op.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Dead Cells is good but the slog boss fights absolutely ruin it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

fozzy fosbourne posted:

How is Into the Breach? It looks pretty cool

It’s slower and more tactical than FTL but it’s great

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

the bosses are terrible but the normal flow of combat is constantly undermined by the non-level design as well. the devs seem to be pretty aware that you can cheese large potions of the game by dropped cal trops or bear traps becasue huge portions of the game are you standing above 3 million mobs marching below you. the solution to this was to make abunch of lovely enemies at the 1/2 mark that teleport directly too you and tank a bajillion hits. its stupid as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

my $20 or less eshop rec list is uh

Celeste
Stardew Valley
Steamworld Dig 2
Yoku's Island Express
Lumines Remastered
Fast RMX
Valkyria Chronicles
Gris

probably a few other things im forgetting because i played them on pc and ignored the switch version or whatever. i don't really like the roguelikes or hollow knight but most ppl do

Gris looks sick but I know nothing about it.