Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Every single piece of media released for Nymphomaniac so far has been great. The very first poster that was a minimalist vagina is still my favorite, but all the character posters are very, very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
That's how you do some fuckin' posters. I generally dislike (appreciate, but do not enjoy) von Trier movies but those are funny and intriguing and I want to see the film now.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vagabundo posted:

Oh hey, it's the Tae Bo guy. I wonder what he's up to now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVrsGHs2MCk

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

There is much potential here.

There is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I saw one of these looking through my telescope the other day.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Put that on a digital poster in a theater.

3peat
May 6, 2010

Someone needs to make a photoshop thread about those posters

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Nice Ud-O face.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Long live the new flesh!

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 10, 2013

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I find this one way more disturbing.

edit:

Post of the month.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 10, 2013

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

These posters are outstanding: a great idea, beautifully executed. These are probably the best posters to come out in ages. I feel sorry for you if you're stuck with the kind of repressed puritan mindset that would drive you to want to 'bleach your brain' to get rid of the images.

They're naked pictures of people that nobody actually wanted to see naked. I don't think that indicates a "repressed puritan mindset" you giant loving goon.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The MSJ posted:

There are too many to post here and some of them are pretty :nws:, so here is a link to a slideshow of character posters for Lars Von Trier's Nymphomaniac.

Brilliant idea, Von Trier's last few films have had incredible posters.

This one is my favourite:

Very cool

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Whenever posters or, gently caress, this subject comes up in general, people always depress the poo poo out of me. The idea of old or ugly people having sex is not gross to me at all and I don't understand why it is to anyone else, or why an O face is gross in some way? I sincerely don't get it, you're all boring as poo poo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

JebanyPedal posted:

Whenever posters or, gently caress, this subject comes up in general, people always depress the poo poo out of me. The idea of old or ugly people having sex is not gross to me at all and I don't understand why it is to anyone else, or why an O face is gross in some way? I sincerely don't get it, you're all boring as poo poo.
No one said gross, they're hilarious.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

I don't think that's what most people are saying. Sex is funny and the posters approach the subject in a novel way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, he does look kind of sickly in this picture.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can someone make this AV size please?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

JebanyPedal posted:

Yes you're so edgy for calling us out on not wanting to see Udo Kier naked

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Your life is bullshit until you put on "No Reply" the entirety of Beatles for Sale and watch this until your stomach hurts.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The kneejerk rush to see who can be the most sex-positive and progressive whenever something involving nudity comes up is as obnoxious as the very thing they're trying to combat at this point.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
If finding old men orgasming hilarious is wrong, well then by God I don't want to be right.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure the reaction Von Trier wanted to provoke with these posters wasn't 'well this is all healthy and normal.' I could be wrong, though.

Maximum Planck
Feb 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Can someone make this AV size please?

Try one of these. I'll warn you that it's going to look rough on a dark background because gifs are jerks.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Slate Action posted:

I'm pretty sure the reaction Von Trier wanted to provoke with these posters wasn't 'well this is all healthy and normal.' I could be wrong, though.

Has he ever made a movie with a positive message?

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The kneejerk rush to see who can be the most sex-positive and progressive whenever something involving nudity comes up is as obnoxious as the very thing they're trying to combat at this point.

You'd have a point if these posters actually showed anything genuinely explicit. You could see expressions and poses like this if you went down to a gym on a Tuesday night! Anyhow, I doubt anyone's really disgusted by this; it's just some weird front people are putting up to impress upon us that they are only attracted to conventional beauty.

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Yes you're so edgy for calling us out on not wanting to see Udo Kier naked

I mean - fucksake - you can only see Udo Kier's head, neck and shoulders. Ew mega gross! NUDITY!

Necrothatcher fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 10, 2013

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Mr. Flunchy posted:

You'd have a point if these posters actually showed anything genuinely explicit. You could see expressions and poses like this if you went down to a gym on a Tuesday night! Anyhow, I doubt anyone's really disgusted by this; it's just some weird front people are putting up to impress upon us that they are only attracted to conventional beauty.

They're the faces of people orgasming, the movie is called Nymphomaniac. It's quite obvious, but nice try. You win the most open-minded poster award or whatever.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Ez posted:

They're the faces of people orgasming, the movie is called Nymphomaniac. It's quite obvious, but nice try. You win the most open-minded poster award or whatever.

"Somebody - PLEASE - help me! I can't stop imagining Udo Kier furiously jizzing everywhere! This series of posters is making me think bad thoughts!"

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Mr. Flunchy posted:

"Somebody - PLEASE - help me! I can't stop imagining Udo Kier furiously jizzing everywhere! This series of posters is making me think bad thoughts!"

Stop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
hi, I too would like to passionately discuss the promotional material that depicts people having orgasms.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Well now I want to see Nymphomaniac.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Mr. Flunchy posted:

You know, it wasn't a problem for me until you phrased it as "Udo Kier furiously jizzing everywhere" and now I can't get that mental image out of my mind.

I think they're effective posters, and the movie sounds interesting, but I can see how someone would be unnerved by a poster that invites you to imagine Udo Kier coming. Now can we get off this topic?

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

I Before E posted:

You know, it wasn't a problem for me until you phrased it as "Udo Kier furiously jizzing everywhere" and now I can't get that mental image out of my mind.

I think they're effective posters, and the movie sounds interesting, but I can see how someone would be unnerved by a poster that invites you to imagine Udo Kier coming. Now can we get off this topic?

End it.

End it now, all of you.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

penismightier posted:

End it.

End it now, all of you.

Oh, we're gonna finish alright.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

I Before E posted:

Oh, we're gonna finish alright.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I now want to hear Warner Herzog's reaction the Udo Kier ejaculation face posters.

Seriously, those might be the only character posters worth a poo poo that have ever been made.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

<- Whoever is responsible for this...

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

In other poster news, you might be able to get your hands on this if you attend the New York Comic Con, if you're so inclined.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fat Lou posted:

Has he ever made a movie with a positive message?

The ending to Breaking the Waves was actually really sweet and touching, even if everything leading up to it was pretty hosed up. It at least made the hosed up stuff that preceded it more palatable.

Sex, even kinky and arguably exploitative sex, was portrayed as a postive affirmation of love between two people. From what I've seen so far of Nymphomaniac, it doesn't really seem to be the case. But then I don't really have any clue where von Trier is going to go with this new movie, all I know is that I'm intrigued by the promotional stuff so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Brilliant idea, Von Trier's last few films have had incredible posters.

This one is my favourite:

Very cool

I don't know what it is, but something about this looks very...French. Like Shia LeBouff looks like a Frenchman.