Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Missing No is the best item in the game.

Where's the forced-missingno greed mode???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In this brave new world of brains and speed how can anyone hate a challenge like suicide king

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Suicide King is at least the opposite of a slog like some of the other challenges.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 1, 2016

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

AnonSpore posted:

In this brave new world of brains and speed how can anyone hate a challenge like suicide king

lazarus

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Lazarus is OK, imo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

suicide king isn't even a contender for worst challenge

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Manatee Cannon posted:

suicide king isn't even a contender for worst challenge

it's not but then again I realize my original statement was pointless because I do not like any of the challenges in this game

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

true, they aren't great

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

The Bee posted:

Guppy's Paw turns 1 heart into 3 souls, and Soul Converter converts 2 souls into 1 heart. Its basically a free ticket to max life.

Why would you want 12 red hearts. I don't understand how soul converter is especially good in this situation. Ideally I have no red hearts.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

TheModernAmerican posted:

Why would you want 12 red hearts. I don't understand how soul converter is especially good in this situation. Ideally I have no red hearts.

It can also be used to max soul hearts. 3 red hearts = 9 soul hearts = 4 red hearts and one soul heart = 12 soul hearts. Not exactly game breaking, but not useless either.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Is Brains the worst challenge?? Tell me it is, it's the only one I have left, and I've also finished almost all the post-its.

I'd consider cheating or cheezing Brains, if anyone has any pointers on how to do so.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Cobalt60 posted:

Is Brains the worst challenge?? Tell me it is, it's the only one I have left, and I've also finished almost all the post-its.

I'd consider cheating or cheezing Brains, if anyone has any pointers on how to do so.

Hope for a Red/Blue Candle in the shop.

Tofu Injection
Feb 10, 2006

No need to panic.

Cobalt60 posted:

Pray for incubus.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I was playing a non-scummed run so I had sticky explosive shot, magnetic tears, and some other crappy nonsense that was forcing me to take a lot of hits. Also had goat's head.
So 12 red hearts was useful.

Eventually took Ipecac just to end the madness. It didn't.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I had an absurd Brains run. First floor I found a trapdoor with Holy Mantle, next I got a Stopwatch from the shop and I also got flight along the way somehow.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Just had a pretty funny Eden run that started with IV bag, and on a curse of the unknown. Learned the hard way that that run had 1 health to start.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Well if you have soul converter + guppy's paw you can give yourself 12 red hearts and then keep the guppy's paw and effectively have 33 soul hearts.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

So, today's daily...
Hope you liked Beans!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Today's daily is really annoying until you reach the item room in Necropolis 1, at which point it becomes the best daily ever.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
A few too many rooms with wall spiders across gaps for my liking, but I managed the daily. Somehow got not terrible ranks, too though I felt like I did awful. I even had a shovel but just said gently caress it and ended it at mom's heart.

Cambion conception from the first devil deal gave me an incubus which helped me to not completely run out of bombs.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Does Bomber Boy show up in C1 if you don't buy More Options in that shop? That seems to be what's going to save me in this one. That and poking things to death with Ball of Bandages and Lil Steve.

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010
Finally filled in all the post-it notes and completed all the challenges, the only thing left is to find mega blast.

"That whole '5 times rarer than any other devil deal item' thing is going to make this a pain in the rear end, but at least I'm not going to have constantly grind the same character like the post-its" I think to myself.

Hit random run, 1001% achievement immediately pops up It started me as Eden with mega blast.

gg isaac

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Started doing non-greed Keeper runs yesterday and that character is a lot more garbage than I initially thought and I thought it was the worst character by far.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Was there a shovel or Ehwaz rune on today's daily? It seems like a waste to have such a strong run end at Mom, but I just couldn't find any way to proceed further.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Samuel Clemens posted:

Was there a shovel or Ehwaz rune on today's daily? It seems like a waste to have such a strong run end at Mom, but I just couldn't find any way to proceed further.

Didn't find one myself.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
This guy sez yes.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
STILL haven't found Mega Blast or Immaculate Conception. How rare are these in Devil/Angel rooms? :(

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Waffleopolis posted:

STILL haven't found Mega Blast or Immaculate Conception. How rare are these in Devil/Angel rooms? :(

mega blast is 20% as common as normal devil stuff. immaculate conception is just bad RNG on your end

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Nevvy Z posted:

This guy sez yes.

That was yesterday's daily.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I swear to god I tried with the daily, but I hit rag man with no damage ups and just couldn't dredge up the willpower to plink through that

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude

watho posted:

Started doing non-greed Keeper runs yesterday and that character is a lot more garbage than I initially thought and I thought it was the worst character by far.

He's loving horrendous, Lost with no mantle was better. I wonder if the strat is to just reset for B1/B2 Swallowed Penny.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Maha posted:

He's loving horrendous, Lost with no mantle was better. I wonder if the strat is to just reset for B1/B2 Swallowed Penny.

That's about the only thing that makes Keeper playable. Use that to reach the Cathedral and kill Isaac so you start with the Wooden Nickel.

After that, try again for Swallowed Penny for the rest of the unlocks.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I wonder how many daily runs I've ruined by stupidly deciding to fight Hush. I just can't resist those item rooms.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I did something.

http://pastebin.com/raw/e5YB2FEA

If you use CheatEngine, copy the above text & paste it into CE. This'll give you a script called Eden's Blessing, where you can manually set an additional amount of random items you get on every start!

Works together with any actual Eden's Blessings you may have found. If you got a blessing last run and set the items to 3, you'll start with 4 additional items on the next run.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hard mode is remarkably tedious.

e: lol had to fight the Haunt as Eden first thing in a run. The ghosts outran me. Nice.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 3, 2016

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

FuhrerHat posted:

Missing No is the best item in the game.

Where's the forced-missingno greed mode???

I want a character who starts with Missingno. That's the first thing I'm doing when mods happen. The second thing I'm doing is making my favorite biblical character, Knuckles the Echidna

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

nerdbot posted:

I want a character who starts with Missingno. That's the first thing I'm doing when mods happen. The second thing I'm doing is making my favorite biblical character, Knuckles the Echidna

you can already modify character starting items, but yeah, you have to replace an existing character

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

RBA Starblade posted:

e: lol had to fight the Haunt as Eden first thing in a run. The ghosts outran me. Nice.

and that, alone, is why The Haunt is the single worst boss in the game

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

I did the thing. I'm gonna go die now. gently caress you Edmund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

The keeper is trash and swallowed penny with wooden nickel might make him playable but it still isnt fun

I still need to do hush, megasatan, the lamb and boss rush with him and i just cant be bothered