Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Honestly a grown man should be ashamed to use the term stubby tin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I don't have to drink to have fun. I just have to drink.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

I like when Brits make fun of us for using the measurement units they invented instead of the perfect logical French system and then turn around and say things like this :v:

Depending on the stadium, a "beer" is probably 12 ounces. 20 of those is 15 pints. Even if you're using a British pint, which is loving humongous for some reason (ask me about trying to finish a pint of bitter, gross) it's still 12 pints. Sorry but if that doesn't sound like a lot to you you should probably start up AA.

also what I said in an earlier post, about how much you drink to get SOOOO DRUNK on Friday night vs how much you drink to get through your average workday without breaking down crying being two different ideas, still applies

Ball game beers are almost always tallboys, which are 16oz, if you buy them the proper way from the dude with the tray walking down the aisle. I guess if you get up and get a stupid cup of beer like an amateur you might be able to get a 12oz one. So that's almost right on the money for a British pint.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I base all my American drinking knowledge on the Wade Boggs episode of Always Sunny btw and those tins they had were tiny.

I apologise for the derail. I'll take it back to the "worrying amount you drink" thread.

Keep up the good work, loquacius.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Drunken Baker posted:

I base all my American drinking knowledge on the Wade Boggs episode of Always Sunny btw and those tins they had were tiny.

I apologise for the derail. I'll take it back to the "worrying amount you drink" thread.

No! We're hashing this out right here and now once and for all! Why the hell didn't you English jerks leave us the Imperial pint as some sort of reparation for the War of 1812?!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Drunken Baker posted:

Oh well yeah obviously they have to give Philadelphia sports fans as little beer as possible, that's the only reason that city is still standing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

loquacius posted:

Oh well yeah obviously they have to give Philadelphia sports fans as little beer as possible, that's the only reason that city is still standing

We flipped a fire truck when we won the World Series, ate horseshit and knocked down a lightpost when we won the Super Bowl, and even beaned Santa Claus with batteries.

What’s funny is how lovely all of the beer in Philly is except Yards.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If the drink tastes poo poo get drunk enough not to care

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

quote:

I just wanted to say a couple things about my cult confession. I didn't include a code or anything because I wasn't planning to follow up since I don't want to fall in to the goon trap where I try and make mundane stories into something they aren't just to keep interest up or whatever. If anything that even approaches my initiation (which was just over 3 weeks ago to the goon who asked) in the future I will share it I guess. 

I mostly wanted to expand on the structure and then the rape thing. The hot girl is basically co-leader with the founder, then each of them has an apprentice. I was promised to be the girl's new apprentice if I kept it up once her current one does whatever to ascend. The four of them make the decisions (which seem to mostly amount to where/when we meet and what to talk about) and were the ones watching the sexual part of the initiation. 

Speaking of that, I was asked very clearly if I fully gave myself unto their will and would do anything they said, so I don't really consider it rape. Maybe a court would see it differently since I definitely wasn't expecting anything like being dateraped, but I did agree to "anything". 

I still don't really view it as a cult. They act like one but I'm still convinced it's just a more extreme form of larping. I certainly don't actually believe in what they are preaching, but like I said, it feels good to be a part of it, especially the appeal of one day helping to lead it. 

This sounds like the plot of a really bad anime (hentai?)

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I wonder what the cult would do if you expressed your "it's probably just an intense LARP" doubts.

You into kinky stuff?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Azza Bamboo posted:

Personally I'm a lightweight and it's great. I save so much money, and I get to the point so much quicker. Everyone around me is drinking their wallet dry trying to show off while I'm more than unstable enough after a few ciders.

I've always admired lightweights. I've never been impressed by people that are like "woooooow maaaaaan I drank like 40 beers last weekend!" Well part of why that's annoying is because it's usually light things that are barely above water but still. My last girlfriend couldn't finish two beers and I kept being like "drat girl, lucky you!" If I want to get legitimately drunk I can't put beer in my body fast enough to do it. It takes stiffer stuff and a lot of it.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

quote:

I just wanted to say a couple things about my cult confession. I didn't include a code or anything because I wasn't planning to follow up since I don't want to fall in to the goon trap where I try and make mundane stories into something they aren't just to keep interest up or whatever. If anything that even approaches my initiation (which was just over 3 weeks ago to the goon who asked) in the future I will share it I guess.

I mostly wanted to expand on the structure and then the rape thing. The hot girl is basically co-leader with the founder, then each of them has an apprentice. I was promised to be the girl's new apprentice if I kept it up once her current one does whatever to ascend. The four of them make the decisions (which seem to mostly amount to where/when we meet and what to talk about) and were the ones watching the sexual part of the initiation.

Speaking of that, I was asked very clearly if I fully gave myself unto their will and would do anything they said, so I don't really consider it rape. Maybe a court would see it differently since I definitely wasn't expecting anything like being dateraped, but I did agree to "anything".

I still don't really view it as a cult. They act like one but I'm still convinced it's just a more extreme form of larping. I certainly don't actually believe in what they are preaching, but like I said, it feels good to be a part of it, especially the appeal of one day helping to lead it.
I like that it's a rape cult AND multi-level marketing

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Hauki posted:

literally like half of the country purportedly hasn’t had a drink in the last year or whatever.
* Doesn't drink weekly

Big difference there dude. I don't drink weekly or necessarily even biweekly either. Doesn't mean I'm a teetotaler or that I don't have alcohol available in the house all day every day.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If you do the math, it says they basically don't drink at all. The 0.02 group = 1 drink a year, so everyone below that has less than one drink per year.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

SciFiDownBeat posted:

This sounds like the plot of a really bad anime (hentai?)

Nobody seems to be related, and presumably (maybe?) they are all above the age of consent. I'm not seeing it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Was the hot chick in the TV series Smallville by chance?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

quote:

I mostly wanted to expand on the structure and then the rape thing.

Okay now that you've all taken a look at the org chart and understand our corporate hierarchy, lets flip to page 3 where you'll find a section titled "rape"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Drunken Baker posted:

Yanks are poo poo at drinking. "20 beers at a ball game" is 20 stubby tins, which is what? 5 pints? Raise your aim.

idk about elsewhere but in LA all the stadium beers are 24oz

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Nobody seems to be related, and presumably (maybe?) they are all above the age of consent. I'm not seeing it.

Yeah that's why I said bad anime

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nooner posted:

idk about elsewhere but in LA all the stadium beers are 24oz

LA sports fans have the opposite problem of Philly sports fans in that they mostly only show up to games to take Instagram pictures of themselves and need to get liquored up intentionally to make them care more

Anyway, lol:

quote:

Drinking problem goon here. I missed a "not" in my confession - "not excessively". So maybe drop the loving drinking culture derail.

man if there's one thing goons love talking about it's this

Here's two more, that one didn't count:

quote:

Loq previously accused me of "trying to stir up poo poo" and didn't even pick out the 1 line that directly referenced any posters, choosing instead to not post the entire fesh and make a snarky comment. (Loq you're one of my favorite posters but drat dude, that's ice cold. Due to my 7 proxies the email makes me do a long rear end captcha for these emails, it's a lot of effort to get wasted because you didn't like 1 little line.)

So let's retry, this time much more vague:

Like most of us I sometimes send in a goofy confession when bored. I happen to work in infosec, and recently had seen a talk be a professor whose research is all on how you can identify the authors of text, code etc through patterns. (Their most recent paper could spot who wrote code by examining binaries - cool stuff!)

Anyways, as an intellectual exercise I decided to see if I could identify common authors in feshes, and as a secondary goal ID who posted them.

Anyways I'll spare the details, but based on stylometry + a few experiments I ran (ex: send in 5 feshes spaced a certain amount of time in between, and you can get an estimate of how often feshes come in)

So basically, on average 50% of the feshes are being sent in by one person. All I'll say is it's not Loq though honestly it would have been pretty funny if that were the case.

I won't touch on who I think this person is. I respect this person, I think their ability to generate LULZ is unparalleled... I've been here on these dead gay forums for a long time and game must respect game.

Anyways the 50% is an average, sometimes we'll go a disturbing # of feshes that are all by that person. It's pretty drat funny.

I have very few rules. The entire point of the previous iteration of this fesh seemed to be to get people mad at a specific, named poster; that violates a rule. I stand by this judgment. :colbert: This version, only slightly tweaked, came across differently, so it's getting posted.

I have a challenge for this anon: a non-zero number of feshes (I think less than 5 across the lifespan of this thread and all that came before) were written by me. Can you guess which ones??? If you get it right I'll congratulate you in the thread (but probably not post your answer so as to preserve the mystery for everyone else).

quote:

I've always had a lot of emotional problems. To the point friends have asked if I had any traumatic experiences as a kid, and my answer was always that my dad was an rear end in a top hat and I had the usual lovely catholic schooling, but nothing crazy - I even was an altar server from 4th to 10th grade and managed to make it out butthole intact :yeah:

Anyways, I read the diocese report and it turns out that my parish was pretty much devoid of pedos... there was one guy who was there late 80s to 92, but I was born in 88 so I don't think we'd have had a chance to cross paths... or so I thought.

Anyways, ever since my GF tried to put a finger in my rear end I'd had these weird dreams that someone was trying to do something to my rear end, and I'm helpless. I also reacted like super strongly which is not like me at all.

I looked into it, and it's possible that the foot priest may have helped out at some stuff my parents did with the church... they used to run a babysitting service for example, drop your kids off for a few hours and they'd watch while parents went out for gift shopping for christmas.

Also apparently another priest in the same parish hasn't been accused yet of anything but did help cover up. (Asked some guy who was part of a pedo CP ring if he'd stop, he said yeah and said ok sounds good)

Anyways, I'm hesitant to look into it... recovered memories are scientifically dubious, and a friend who's studying for her PsyD told me based on my birthday + the dates I gave, it's unlikely if anything happened I have a memory. She said it's perfectly possible to have emotional issues from an event you can't remember, and that the physical sensation of something going into my rear end could have caused such a strong reaction due to subconscious poo poo...

anyways, lol at being unsure whether the parish priest fingered your rear end when you were in diapers amirite? :smith:

jeez dude

I dunno, I guess look into it if you want some closure. To be clear, is the guy you're suspicious of the one you mentioned who has already been found out, or the guy who has only been discovered helping cover poo poo up? If it's the former, it might be best to let sleeping dogs lie; if it's the latter you could possibly help put the scumbag away. Food for thought.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Azza Bamboo posted:

I wonder what the cult would do if you expressed your "it's probably just an intense LARP" doubts.

You into kinky stuff?

A lot of LARPs can basically turn into cults with enough no-lifers and an obsessed and charismatic manager.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Also btw, there are some drugs for babies and little kids that are (or were, maybe we've advanced since the 1980s) delivered by suppository. So you could have vague unhappy butt memories without ever having been abused, just from having a fever and being treated for it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I wouldn't be surprised if that first (real) fesh is the person who is sending in so many and just wants recognition. The idea of being able to identify the fesh authors is just kind of stupid and unbelievable so that must be the explanation.

I'm kind of curious who it is if not though, because I have written more than a few here and there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Anne Whateley posted:

vague unhappy butt memories

Mods please

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Loq wrote the therapy goon feshes. He'll keep us in suspense for a little longer, while deciding if he's going to kill off his beloved creation.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Leavemywife posted:

Loq wrote the therapy goon feshes. He'll keep us in suspense for a little longer, while deciding if he's going to kill off his beloved creation.

there were way more than 5 of those things

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I don’t know. There’ve been times when I’ve thought about sending stuff in and then I don’t because even though I’m a pretty infrequent and entirely unmemorable poster, I figure there’s quirks to the way I write that somebody’d figure it out if they wanted to which would be upsetting.

Paranoid? probably. Just saying I believe that kind of thing could be done if one were sufficiently obsessed.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

burial posted:

I don’t know. There’ve been times when I’ve thought about sending stuff in and then I don’t because even though I’m a pretty infrequent and entirely unmemorable poster, I figure there’s quirks to the way I write that somebody’d figure it out if they wanted to which would be upsetting.

Paranoid? probably. Just saying I believe that kind of thing could be done if one were sufficiently obsessed.

That's assuming the frequent feshers don't try and alter their posting style from one to another.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I always assumed loq submitted one or more of the close encounters confessions

burial
Sep 13, 2002

yeah I eat rear end posted:

That's assuming the frequent feshers don't try and alter their posting style from one to another.

They can try all they want. Isn’t the idea that sufficiently thorough analysis or whatever could find the patterns and nuance anyway?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

burial posted:

They can try all they want. Isn’t the idea that sufficiently thorough analysis or whatever could find the patterns and nuance anyway?

Maybe, but the thought of someone doing that properly on a bunch of confessions like this and correlating it with every user's posting is just so far out there that it's hilarious to imagine someone caring that much.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Let me clarify my position: most of the things I want to anonymously talk about are too worrisome to post openly and so I chicken out.

But yes, I do find the idea of somebody meticulously running confessions and posts in this thread through the GREAT ANONYMOUS CONFESSOR IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM hilarious too.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Freemasonry dude didn't do his homework... Catholic Freemasons are quite rare in most jurisdictions, primarily because the Catholic church has denounced Freemasonry and forbidden its members from joining upon pain of excommunication since Freemasonry has been around. That's the whole reason why the Knights of Columbus came into being, because Catholics wanted a fraternity similar to Freemasonry without actually being Freemasonry.

But like I said, it depends on where you go and what your local church is like. There are a few Catholics in the Lodges around here and nobody seems to give a poo poo.

Also LOL at the very idea of a significant number of Masons being involved in organized crime. It's ludicrous.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Seems relevant to the thread

Mezzanon posted:

these facebook algorithms are getting too specific.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

runupon cracker posted:

Also LOL at the very idea of a significant number of Masons being involved in organized crime. It's ludicrous.

I don't have any evidence of organized crime being planned in masonic lodges but I don't think the notion is crazy. I'm not thinking large scale protection rackets or whatever, but small town price fixing and election rigging are almost certainly happening. it's not like masons are super morally upright or less corruption prone than any other group

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

My dad said it was jusy a bunch of old men getting drunk and arguing about whether to have spaghetti or lasagna next meeting with some play8ng dressup mixed in. He quit as soon as he stopped drinking. They definitely werent up to anything shady
....or were they...

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Son of Man posted:

I don't have any evidence of organized crime being planned in masonic lodges but I don't think the notion is crazy. I'm not thinking large scale protection rackets or whatever, but small town price fixing and election rigging are almost certainly happening. it's not like masons are super morally upright or less corruption prone than any other group

Uh, lets not forget Propaganda Due

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

so i saw in GBS that louie "cum king" CK is back at it.

I have to confess this made me feel good.

I consider myself progressive but I also must admit I used to be (like, age 18-22) to be pretty... not full blown incel but very redpill or whatever it was called back then. I was on the autistic spectrum and wanted to date and unfortunately stumbled into the world of PUA.

PUA has good aspects ("dress nice" and "exercise" are good ideas that incels lack) but it also had a lot of toxic ideas like the whole friend zone concept that took years to work through in therapy and ruined some good friendships :smith:

Anyways I have to to admit that I'm a troll. I often would say racist or mysognyistic things, because that's like a cheat code for pissing people off. I was kind of worried I flew too close to the sun with some of my Reddit trolling + some stuff on SA, but now I'm fairly confident that if Louis CK can go dark for less than a year after literally JOing on people, if I can say "hey I had brain problems, I saw a shrink and I'm good now" and be A-OK, especially since IRL I've been very progressive and poo poo (voted for Bernie, etc)

Ok sorry that was on last little troll with the Bernie comment. Bernie and Pickle Rick aside, I've legit always been a non rear end in a top hat to my female coworkers, something that's finally starting to be seen as an asset rather than a career limiting move :toot:

Bernie is all things to all people

Bernie is both sides of GamerGate at once, whichever side made you madder

Anyway yeah a lot of fringe ideologies have a couple of good ideas surrounded by a whole bunch of toxic ones. MGTOW for example has some ideas baked in about how you shouldn't define your self-worth around what a specific hot girl you've decided to fixate on thinks of you, which is good, but the rest of the sentence is "because all women are psychic vampires who live to thrive off of your misery" which obviously ruins it.

It's never too late to decide to become a better person, and you can tell people that you've changed if it's necessary, and they can accept it or not. It doesn't really matter. Just focus on the future :)

quote:

I am awake at 4AM every morning in my parents house furiously masturbating because I have enough savings to pay my third of the bill for a good long time. That money will run out eventually but for now I get to be a piece of crap.

I don't care about my friends, or love, or even the hobbies I have. There's nothing I particularly want to do in life. I just hope to faaaaaaaaart through life and then poo poo a little at the end.

My confession is that this is a choice. I could start making a better life for myself right now but being a decent human being is effort. I'm not saying there aren't ~problems~ but with the right attitude and support those could be worked on. I just won't. Yeah that's not fair on my parents kindness or whatever but what are you going to do about it?

I am approaching 30 and all I want is a bed and some porn.

My take on this is that you sound loving miserable and learning to recognize and accept this is Half The Battle

Just, y'know, devote maybe an hour or two a day to something constructive, and see how your outlook improves. I talk about this a lot but haven't for a while: a couple years after college graduation I got a job that was quickly made redundant by reorganizations at the top of the chart, but kept eluding layoffs for office-politics reasons, so basically I got paid to fart around on GBS all day, and after about a year of this I was depressed as poo poo. Switching to a job where I actually get to do stuff has improved my mental health and sense of self-worth by orders of magnitude. But even that useless job at least let me live in my own apartment, and got me out of it into the world every day. If I hadn't even been doing that I can only imagine how low I would have felt.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

loquacius posted:

I like when Brits make fun of us for using the measurement units they invented instead of the perfect logical French system and then turn around and say things like this :v:

Depending on the stadium, a "beer" is probably 12 ounces. 20 of those is 15 pints. Even if you're using a British pint, which is loving humongous for some reason

This is the thing, see. If you're going to use our units despite that whole 'independence' thing, at least use them right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Porn and do nothing goon: consider cutting your dick off. You're clearly addicted to pornography, so I would suggest whackin off one last time then whackin it off. You'll be much happier in the long run as you finally have time to learn to love other parts of life, cheers!