Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love Yokai Watch but yea 2 is better in literally every way. The map is less spread out and annoying to run across as well as all the other stuff.

Hopefully Nintendo hitching all their not pokemon horses to its wagon means we'll get 2 soonish.

It's not Nintendo pushing it but Mattel - toys, cartoon, game, the lot. So long as the whole thing doesnt land with a dull thud, the sequel's pretty much guaranteed to get localized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kind of curious, what all does YW2 do better then 1?

I adored 1 and am still kinda casually going through the bonus dungeon and if it's even better somehow then I'm all for it

Edit:

Guy who has that Imgur of all the badges hit 100%

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 19, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I'm finally getting around to finishing the DLC for Dual Destinies. Why did I wait so long to finish this, it's outstanding. :allears:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kind of curious, what all does YW2 do better then 1?

I adored 1 and am still kinda casually going through the bonus dungeon and if it's even better somehow then I'm all for it

Edit:

Guy who has that Imgur of all the badges hit 100%

How much did he spend?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nintendo Badges the other other Japanese whaling problem.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Darth TNT posted:

I'm finally getting around to finishing the DLC for Dual Destinies. Why did I wait so long to finish this, it's outstanding. :allears:

It really is

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The lovely map in Yo-Kai Watch isn't too big of a deal once you learn your way around, but that didn't really happen for me until the end of the game, when it no longer mattered.

Is the Dual Destinies DLC completely separate from the core game? It's been at least a year since I beat it and don't really remember a thing about it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

enojy posted:

The lovely map in Yo-Kai Watch isn't too big of a deal once you learn your way around, but that didn't really happen for me until the end of the game, when it no longer mattered.

Is the Dual Destinies DLC completely separate from the core game? It's been at least a year since I beat it and don't really remember a thing about it.

It's separate. It's Nick's first case after getting his badge back. It of course all happens before the core game so you're good. At best you probably just have to remember how Athena's gimmick works.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

enojy posted:

I rarely remember anything from the past cases, I mostly just remember the overall storyline and the conclusion of the cases.
It's the case in the aquarium with the Orca, the penguins and the Taka (the cutest character!).
I love showing the badge and the fish to everyone.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's separate. It's Nick's first case after getting his badge back. It of course all happens before the core game so you're good. At best you probably just have to remember how Athena's gimmick works.

Doesn't it take place in-between case 2 and 3?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Terper posted:

Doesn't it take place in-between case 2 and 3?

Whatever! I haven't played it in a year!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I will not STAND for this misinformation!!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Terper posted:

I will not STAND for this misinformation!!

W..won't happen again, your Honor...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I'm still waiting for an eshop sale to get all four AAs but it's going to take a while, it seems. Haven't played any of them yet, but I expect whimsy after the DD demo.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Darth TNT posted:

I keep waiting for the DLC to go on sale and it doesn't happen. I got the other AA games on sale! It's weird that they never discount the DLC, as far as I've seen.

They also haven't discounted Layton vs. Wright, have they? Jerks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SelenicMartian posted:

I'm still waiting for an eshop sale to get all four AAs but it's going to take a while, it seems. Haven't played any of them yet, but I expect whimsy after the DD demo.

I really like the series but I imagine playing 4 of them in a row will burn you out fast

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's not Nintendo pushing it but Mattel - toys, cartoon, game, the lot. So long as the whole thing doesnt land with a dull thud, the sequel's pretty much guaranteed to get localized.

But there's no toys yet, it seems. You'd think they'd have that going already.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I really like the series but I imagine playing 4 of them in a row will burn you out fast

I played every game over the course of 2-3 years, giving myself a couple month break in between each one. I absolutely love the series, but I know I'd get burnt out trying to play em immediately back to back.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Nonsense burning out on Ace Attorney is impossible.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Everyone go play all the Ace Attorneys.

RIGHT NOW.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Junpei Hyde posted:

RIGHT NOW.

You ask the impossible. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you don't have every (available :() Ace Attorney game available within arm's reach at all times you're doing something wrong

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Those games have been out for like 10 years now. I wonder if anyone became a lawyer because of them + if their career is a disaster

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Motto posted:

You ask the impossible. :(

That is why you fail.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

jivjov posted:

That is why you fail.

I don't know japanese.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

RIGHT NOW.

If they ever go on sale on the PAL store, I will buy them.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Dual Destinies only ever goes on sale when I'm in the middle of other games.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I played all of the original trilogy and Apollo Justice back to back on the bus to and from work. Then made it through the first Investigations game, and part of Investigations 2 and about halfway through DD before I finally burned out. Went back and finished Dual Destinies but not Investigations 2.

So... maybe?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Silver Falcon posted:

I played all of the original trilogy and Apollo Justice back to back on the bus to and from work. Then made it through the first Investigations game, and part of Investigations 2 and about halfway through DD before I finally burned out. Went back and finished Dual Destinies but not Investigations 2.

So... maybe?

Imma just say you picked the wrong game to finish.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I've seen a couple of people say to not get Smash 3DS, but what's the actual issue with it, other than the very stupid decision to not have cross-play with the WiiU version on all the stages that aren't exclusive to one version? I've tried the demo and the controls seem to work just as well as Smash WiiU.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Smash 3DS is great, I put like 120 hours into it

I haven't touched it since the Wii U version came out though

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The only big issue that's specific to the 3DS version is that the stage selection is kind of mediocre.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Motto posted:

The only big issue that's specific to the 3DS version is that the stage selection is kind of mediocre.

Isn't it 90% identical to the WiiU version, with both versions also getting the same DLC? The stage select in the demo seemed to match pretty much 1:1 with what I remember of the WiiU version, even though you can't pick any of them.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The stage selection is the biggest difference and the 3DS stages tend to be pretty mediocre.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, not counting DLC, the only shared stages are Wily Castle, Boxing Ring, battlefield and Final Destination.

But the 3DS exclusive stages are pretty awesome.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I heard Smash 3DS has its own unique game mode(s) that are fun, but I wouldn't know because I don't own either version. Either way, it's always been said that the 3DS version is a worthwhile one to take on the go that doesn't sacrifice much in comparison with the U version.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Just get both

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Looper posted:

Just get both

I don't have a WiiU. :v:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I don't have a WiiU. :v:

Just get a Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
If you don't have a wiiU, like me, then get Smash 3ds. Otherwise, get the wiiU version just because it's an HD smash experience. Smash 3ds is a totally serviceable smash experience, though. The stages seem a little "smaller", but the fighting and controls are totally intact and good imo. Obviously WiiU smash is better for local play because you don't need all your friends to own a 3ds and Smash.