Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
If anyone playing LHC finds a decent ilvl white 6s staff I'd be eternally grateful for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

* clears throat *

Chaos recipe

If you run maps slow, sure do this. Otherwise you're going to be poor if you can run maps fast, doing this. I made a bulk of my chaos picking up currency and selling it(jewellers, fusings chromes) when I grinded out 25ex for skyforths last league and I stopped doing the chaos recipe after day 2.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

zxqv8 posted:

Also consider running enfeeble on blasphemy. It can make a noticeable difference for just about any build.

I got 1shotted in Izual with 5,5k life. I decided it's best to do 50% less dps but stay alive. Bought q20 enfeeble and did uber lab with it, first time ever. Boss fights took maybe 30s each anyways though I guess 300k ignite dps is still enough. I could get over 800k with 6L and flammability though.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Are people saying "don't do vorici exchange" or "don't give a poo poo about vorici exchange"?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

Are people saying "don't do vorici exchange" or "don't give a poo poo about vorici exchange"?
The latter basically. Do it if you can, but don't fret over it, or any other master exchange.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Do it or not whatever it hardly matters is my takeaway

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Any chance of an invite today? On as Burgblast

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Burginator posted:

Any chance of an invite today? On as Burgblast

invite sent

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Hrm, you said the same yesterday, and yet I haven't seen one pop up.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Burginator posted:

Hrm, you said the same yesterday, and yet I haven't seen one pop up.

sometimes it takes a little bit to show up

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Wait, what is this free 2 chaos vorici exchange thing?

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Olesh posted:

I'm running the exact same build and ran into more or less the same problem. The good news is you can go a bit further - I got my first ever Atziri kill with one (avoidable) death.
[great advice]
You can also grab a Voideye and throw your Discipline aura in there, if you can manage to keep your resists high without the second ring, which should be worth an extra 70 ES.
Awesome, thanks for the detail! Good to know it's possible to get over the hump. In dry lake groups I can see how it ought to work, want to keep going but it's just so squishy.

I have a triple breach no-level leaguestone I'm trying to sell. Once that goes I can spend a few chaos per slot, ought to double/triple my ES with that.

Any tips on searching/selling league stones? Poe.trade doesn't have the mods yet, best I've found is searching the exact name match then sorting on the level req. Seems awkward.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Wait, what is this free 2 chaos vorici exchange thing?

Vorici sells 20 Orb of Fusing for 64 Jeweller's Orb which is 16 better than the 80 it would cost at the vendor. 16 jewelers is 4 fusing which is not quite 2 chaos at current rates.

Elreon sells 20 Jeweller's Orb for 32 Orb of Alteration, which currently is worth doing but depending on league ratios is not always a good deal.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
And more broadly people like to get really worked up over the best way to earn goblin coins. It's tiny casual baby men vs really strong video wizards and a lot of people in the middle who can't decide which tribe they belong to.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Alright, I'm at the point where I consider myself well geared.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ultima66/characters?characterName=MalaiseDotEnnui

Path of Building puts my damage with lvl 21 Added Lightning and Ele Focus over IIR at slightly higher than my Doomfletcher from the previous league. I can reach about 6500 life at lvl 97 if I decide to go to Revenge of the Hunted + Forces of Nature, though I might prefer just getting some combination of life leech nodes, flask charge/duration nodes, and Phase Acro which would put me at around 6100-6200.

This is basically where I really find out how life stacks up to ES. With this level of damage my Doomfletcher could farm Shaper comfortably, working with the same flasks (I'm gonna drop the life flask for Dying Sun when I feel like it's at a price I'm able and willing to pay for it). I just hope it's not a disaster because of 6000 life vs 10000 ES.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If you're having fun you're playing the game wrong

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I moved some stuff from my 1c sale tab to my 3alc sale tab and it ended up moving pretty fast

3 alc's display value is less than 1c on poe.trade right now, but on poe ninja alc is actually slightly more valuable than chaos. Is it expected that chaos will become more valuable relative to alc as the league goes on?

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 14, 2017

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Flavahbeast posted:

I moved some stuff from my 1c sale tab to my 3alc sale tab and it ended up moving pretty fast

3 alc is valued less than 1c on poe.trade right now, but on poe ninja alc is actually slightly more valuable than chaos. Is it expected that chaos will become more valuable relative to alc as the league goes on?

In theory, the only difference between 1 alch + 1 scour and 1 chaos is that chaos is the only accepted currency in Zana crafting. Zana crafting has been a very big chaos sink in past leagues. This is why alchs can be worth so little while scours maintain about a 2:1 ratio with chaos.

However, Zana crafting is going to see a lot less use this league since it's hard to do anything interesting with it besides putting Beyond on all your non-Beyond maps when running a Beyond leaguestone. This means I expect that alchs remain closer to the 3:1-2.5:1 ratio to keep parity between 1 alch + 1 scour = 1 chaos.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Flavahbeast posted:

3 alc's display value is less than 1c on poe.trade right now, but on poe ninja alc is actually slightly more valuable than chaos. Is it expected that chaos will become more valuable relative to alc as the league goes on?

I dunno about the meta, but when I was leveling alchs were more plentiful than chaos. Even if it's the "same" rate, just having certain gear I could grab immediately instead of wading into currency trading was worth it.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Twinned at Zana 8 for 3 chaos has a lot of potential, but is sadly locked behind Zana 8. Adding 3 more bosses to Shaped Courtyard or Cemetery is really strong.

I am also curious how good the additional Blackguards/Bandits are, considering it costs 6c to add.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I would have left your wonderlust shoes at 1c especially if they were 4 socketed linked. They would sell eventually. Also I have made a poo poo load of alchs selling t6-9 maps at 2 alchs. I usually get hit up within 5-10 mins of posting. I hope I am not scamming myself. There are a bunch of other 2 alch versions of that map though.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
What do people do with the third Aspirant's Trial when it's the version that randomly teleports you into a corner full of instakill spikes? It's getting pretty drat irritating.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

stay out of the green swirl

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, the teleport isn't random. Izaro gets a giant green circle around him, and if you stay in there you get teleported.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

palecur posted:

What do people do with the third Aspirant's Trial when it's the version that randomly teleports you into a corner full of instakill spikes? It's getting pretty drat irritating.

Stop standing in the teleporter.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Magus42 posted:

Stop standing in the teleporter.

Alternatively stand in the teleported and murder him.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the trick for izaro if you dont have good dps is just never stop moving

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Stay at midrange too, gives you enough space to avoid his melee attacks and still see the goddess's bombardment bullshit coming.

That bombardment has killed me more than anything else in that fight.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
the bombs are fire damage so if you're fire capped they shouldn't hurt that much

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

please knock Mom! posted:

the bombs are fire damage so if you're fire capped they shouldn't hurt that much

Are you sure about that? Considering how hard they hit some characters they definitely feel like they're part phys

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Question for those of you who have tried the Ball Lightning + Essence of Hysteria thing. I know the Ignites are where the big damage is but does the build at least do enough damage to kill uber Argus? One of my goals this league is to make an uber lab farmer, and I thought that this character might be good for it maybe possibly I dunno what makes a good one :shrug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it can kill shaper, argus should be fine

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I've been accumulated a bunch of random orbs so I though I'd try to consolidate them into chaos. Since I don't need the chaos right now I thought I'd put them up for sale. I listed about five kinds at prices that put me about halfway down the first page of sellers on currency.poe.trade

Once the listings went up I got overwhelmed by a load of messages from people trying to buy various quantities of assorted things and I had trouble keeping track of who wanted what and whether they were trying to cheat me or not. Next time I'll try only selling one kind of orb at a time, but what do serious traders do? Was I just underpricing, or is there some trick to it, or is it just a matter of getting good at handling trade requests?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

If you're putting up listings for currency, you will be bombarded with requests. Currency flippers make a big point of the fact that you can't do anything else while flipping currency because of how many requests you get, and any kind of price you put that isn't undercutting the market is going to be a price you use for flipping.

Ryzen
Apr 7, 2007

can't find many comparable necks on poe.trade, any of you guys know what i should sell this for?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

Are you sure about that? Considering how hard they hit some characters they definitely feel like they're part phys

http://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Goddess+of+Justice gives the spirit mortar as "Deals 2643 to 3965 Fire Damage", but I think upheaval does phys so maybe thats the confusion?

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

psy.Che posted:

Sounds like I need this as well, where do you have to enter it?

Just saw your post, sorry. This thread moves fast.

I'm on Steam, so I went on library - path of exile - properties (general) - define initialization options, or something like that? It's the second option from the bottom, and copy/pasted '--experimental-frame-optimizations'.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is the first time I've ever been in maps in the beginning of a league

Trading is really fun with all this action

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Speaking about maps, I'm having horrible luck in map progression and now I am stuck at lvl 75 doing lvl 69 maps.

How do I actually move forward in the tiers other than get lucky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Start buying maps on poe.trade, mostly. It happens sometimes.

• Locked thread